Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 7th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 198318 times
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Re: Neiby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #874: Jul 19, 2017 08:55:14 am
      How comes we never take this type of stance with our star players?

Torres
      Mascherano
      Alonso
      Suarez

All fu**ed off relativley easily.
      Quite a lot of deals get sorted quickly because no one fucks about.

You ask a club how much

They say X

You agree

grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #875: Jul 19, 2017 09:03:39 am
      How comes we never take this type of stance with our star players?

Torres
      Mascherano
      Alonso
      Suarez

All fu**ed off relativley easily.
      They all moved for big money, and the team(s) concerned met the asking price in a short amount of time.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,229 posts | 4421 
      Reply #876: Jul 19, 2017 09:09:01 am
      Will need Keita to agitate for a move just like Mane did at Salzburg, they do have the same agent, otherwise a few more million will make no difference.

RB do not need the money.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,229 posts | 4421 
      Reply #877: Jul 19, 2017 09:12:06 am
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #878: Jul 19, 2017 09:12:26 am
      I get the impression 'move onto another target' means that's it for this window.

I get the impression Klopp had only earmarked one player for midfield, and that was that, no second, third, fourth choice targets. He either gets the player he think will come in and improve the team, or not, instead of 'spending money for the sake of it'.

That's the impression I got. Who knows he may have an Ace up his sleeve. But the longer this goes on, teams will less likely sell, making them panic rush to buy their own replacement.

Up until this point, it's been another disappointedly frustrating summer window, but we're all getting used to that norm now, aren't we.
      I think that there are several ways one may look at it.

Adding Salah means that you can rotate, have Coutinho in midfield in some games. Lallana can also play wide or just behind Firmino, and Firmino can also play behind the striker. That is something that gives flexibility. Adding Robertson could also mean that Milner can play in midfield if needed. On paper, that should form a good rotation, but an injury or two and you are in a mess.

These comments if one were being an extreme optimist, would mean that RB Leipzig are looking to milk more cash for their player. 

That is the positive spin I can come up with.

The negative in all this is that this is becoming the mode of operation in quite a number of transfers. Reading Honigstein's replies, he said one thing, that the person that has encouraged Liverpool to bid has been the player. This begs the question, when negotiations were ongoing, did Leipzig at any one time give an impression that they were going to sell because Rangnick, Hassenhuttl (Spelling) and now the owner have all come out saying that the player is not for sale, and nothing in Germany (Bild, Kicker, Sportbild) have come out and said that there is a chance that a deal might be struck.

Lastly, you need to plan for an unfortunate outcome. You talk to a player, he wants to come, but the team does not want to sell, or they are asking for money that does not make sense. Would it be wise in this case to simply have one player that you thought was worth getting? Are there no other players in the world that can come in and perform, even with a few tweaks to the system to help the team get the best out of them? The main reason you want to buy for a certain position is because you need a player, or you see a deal that is too good to be true, you do not stand pat and say that it is this player or no one.
      If that were the case, there would be no Sadio Mane.

What happens when the big teams are looking to add a midfielder next summer? Barcelona have tried filling the Xavi, Thiago gap with Rakitic, and Andre Gomes, the latter has somewhat struggled. City need to get younger center of the park, if RB Leipzig are really good, why would teams like Bayern and United not be interested in him?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #879: Jul 19, 2017 09:19:33 am
      We should introduce a world wide red bull ban for all Liverpool fans, f**k em.
      Leipzig didn't do anything wrong. you do not represent our fans with such bitterness.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #880: Jul 19, 2017 09:26:43 am
      We should introduce a world wide red bull ban for all Liverpool fans, f**k em.

Would you be happy if PSG or Barca were putting this much pressure on the club to take Coutinho from us?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #881: Jul 19, 2017 09:33:25 am
      It's a shame we can't sign him this window.

We just need to make sure we get an agreement with Keita in place that he will sign for us next Summer when we trigger his buy out clause.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,249 posts | 1115 
      Reply #882: Jul 19, 2017 10:06:05 am
      Pointless, they're not.

But, just to play along.

Player power, if he wanted to go what would be the point in stopping him?

Anyhow, why do you care about pressure being applied to RBL if we benefited from it?

He's a league spy sent here to get us to incriminate our self. This is a tapping up farce. TELL HIM NOTHING :f_steam: :mf_bobby: :angry-smiley-034: :copper:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,229 posts | 4421 
      Reply #883: Jul 19, 2017 10:15:42 am
      Even if we don't get him with Lucas and maybe Stewart off we will need numbers in midfield.

Will be interesting to see who have as our 2nd choices.

Personally I'm still of the opinion get a better CB than Lovren and it will make a bigger difference to our season than Keita.
      Scoring goals last season was not our biggest issue.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #884: Jul 19, 2017 10:22:12 am
      Just read Leipzig  have KB'd an improved £66m offer from LFC.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #885: Jul 19, 2017 10:24:40 am

Yep just saw that - nearly spat my coffee out whilst sittin' on the balcony of my holiday Stuey!

I think it'll get done pretty quickly now......their last stance if you will......
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,249 posts | 1115 
      Reply #886: Jul 19, 2017 10:27:14 am
      Even if we don't get him with Lucas and maybe Stewart off we will need numbers in midfield.

Will be interesting to see who have as our 2nd choices.

Personally I'm still of the opinion get a better CB than Lovren and it will make a bigger difference to our season than Keita.
      Scoring goals last season was not our biggest issue.

Agreed. Salah coming in improved our attack from "legit" status to "LEGIT" status. The all caps means it's a whole nother level. Phillip moves back to his preferred position and we get more speed to compliment Sadi. Phil is the best in the league outside the 18 yard box, and this year he will have more opportunities than ever to show off the goods.

Now I assume the "better CB" you were talking about is Johnny Evans? Maybe convert Moreno? ;)

Bring on VVD
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #887: Jul 19, 2017 10:28:12 am
      They have rejected an improved offer of £66m now. The only way this can happen now is if the player hands in a transfer request. They seem firm on their intent not to sell. Would be interesting to see what our back up options are.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,249 posts | 1115 
      Reply #888: Jul 19, 2017 10:31:14 am

I just read they rejected it! Damn. Also just read we are looking at bidding on Muller from Bayern
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #889: Jul 19, 2017 10:36:29 am
      Last week I was more confident but still think we'll get this one, just looks like it'll be £75m or thereabouts and probably the vast majority up front. Only worried RBL might not want to sell because it could see others like Werner and Forsberg agitate for a move, but if Keita wants to force this then they'll surely accept a higher bid.

The market this year is beyond crazy. £75m for a player RB Salzburg paid £1.5m for in 2014 and Leipzig £12.5m for in 2016...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #890: Jul 19, 2017 10:36:54 am
      I just read they rejected it! Damn. Also just read we are looking at bidding on Muller from Bayern

Muller link is clickbait no more.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #891: Jul 19, 2017 10:38:59 am

The only thing that concerns me is the 'alternative' is some inexpeirenced kid from Tranmere that Klopp thinks he can coach into Lionel Messi.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,249 posts | 1115 
      Reply #892: Jul 19, 2017 10:41:31 am
      The only thing that concerns me is the 'alternative' is some inexpeirenced kid from Tranmere that Klopp thinks he can coach into Lionel Messi.

But if he could ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #893: Jul 19, 2017 10:42:33 am
      Yep just saw that - nearly spat my coffee out on the balcony of my holiday Stuey!

I think it'll get done pretty quickly now......their last stance if you will......

No better set up for coughing over your coffee Al!!

Leipzig are well sussed out on the sub-text of this deal and will hold out for the dosh.
      FSG's F**k uppery over 7+ years means they risk losing the only man who can get them out of the sh*t if they don't show intent and backing for their appointment.

Klopp is not and will not be used as a scapegoat for other parties misjudgements and/or agendas.
      I too hope it gets sorted for the benefit of all.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,229 posts | 4421 
      Reply #894: Jul 19, 2017 10:47:06 am
      Lots of rumours flying about that Keita's agents are in HK for discussions - Twitter ITK's so probably just BS.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #895: Jul 19, 2017 10:48:32 am
      No better set up for coughing over your coffee Al!!

Leipzig are well sussed out on the sub-text of this deal and will hold out for the dosh.
      FSG's f**k uppery over 7+ years means they risk losing the only man who can get them out of the sh*t if they don't show intent and backing for their appointment.

Klopp is not and will not be used as a scapegoat for other parties misjudgements and/or agendas.
      I too hope it gets sorted for the benefit of all.

I think it will Stuey - Jürgen has them by the short and curlies on this........he got UCL with no net spend so it really is over to them........as Martha Reeves sang......"nowhere to run to baby, nowhere to hide"
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #896: Jul 19, 2017 10:50:11 am

HK.............? :f_doh:

Quick Reply