Trending Topics

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 193405 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Neiby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #828: Jul 17, 2017 06:49:53 pm
      http://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/man-utd-enter-the-race-to-sign-naby-keita

Apprently United have entered the race for Keita, where upon they'll probably slap down £70 milliion straight up, no ridiculous payment structures and get the deal over the line by the end of the week.

Hmmm...footballwhispers. com.....interesting.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #829: Jul 17, 2017 07:07:09 pm
      Hmmm...footballwhispers.com.....interesting.
      I know it is not a good source, but I would not be surprised if it did happen.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #830: Jul 17, 2017 08:11:27 pm
      http://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/man-utd-enter-the-race-to-sign-naby-keita

Apprently United have entered the race for Keita, where upon they'll probably slap down £70 milliion straight up, no ridiculous payment structures and get the deal over the line by the end of the week.

No they won't.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #831: Jul 17, 2017 08:20:26 pm

Yup not really worried about them in the least.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #832: Jul 17, 2017 08:33:07 pm
      Doesn't really matter what the source is, doesn't really matter whether it's true or not, it's the principle. The longer we F**k about with payment structures the more time we allow for others to come in and gazump us. It happens every time.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #833: Jul 17, 2017 08:50:00 pm
      Doesn't really matter what the source is, doesn't really matter whether it's true or not, it's the principle. The longer we f**k about with payment structures the more time we allow for others to come in and gazump us. It happens every time.

It's how all clubs conduct business...you think United paid all in cash up front for Pogba?

It's part of the process and always has been whether it be us or Barcelona.

Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that the agreement with Manchester United Football Club Company Limited for the supply in respect final of the registration rights of the player Paul Labile Pogba for an amount of €105million [£89.5m] payable in two years.
      'The purchase value may increase by €5million if certain conditions during the contract period. This operation generates a positive economic effect of about €72.6million, net of solidarity surcharge and related charges.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3715123/Manchester-United-sign-Paul-Pogba-Juventus-100m-290-000-week-five-year-contract.html#ixzz4n7ZDFVcq
      Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

All the mucky muck means nothing to us but for both clubs the devil is in the details and it's more complex then ever with both the buying and selling clubs lawyer'd up to up to the hilt.
      « Last Edit: Jul 17, 2017 09:04:25 pm by AZPatriot »
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,205 posts | 1208 
      Reply #834: Jul 17, 2017 09:28:38 pm
      There is obviously something to be said for not opening with your absolutely best offer, particularly when the other party isn't keen to sell. Why not wait for a second, higher, offer?

On the other hand, lowballing carries the risk of giving the other party the impression that you aren't serious and that can have the effect of causing them to dig their heels in. Nobody wants to come out of the negotiation feeling as though they've been beaten.

Ultimately though it all rests on a solid appraisal of the player's potential worth to the team. You then set your target and go with gusto. Deals of this magnitude shouldn't hinge on payment structures etc.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #835: Jul 17, 2017 09:44:15 pm
      They want £70 million.
      Offer £70 million
      See what happens
      Might work .👍
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #836: Jul 17, 2017 09:49:07 pm
      They want £70 million.
      Offer £70 million
      See what happens
      Might work .👍

Who said they want £70M..........All I have seen is they don't want to sell for any price.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #837: Jul 17, 2017 09:50:05 pm
      They want £70 million.
      Offer £70 million
      See what happens
      Might work .👍

Is he on qvc ?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #838: Jul 17, 2017 09:55:26 pm
      Doesn't really matter what the source is, doesn't really matter whether it's true or not, it's the principle. The longer we F**k about with payment structures the more time we allow for others to come in and gazump us. It happens every time.

No other team is going to pay the fee up front for Keita. Teams very rarely do such a thing.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #839: Jul 17, 2017 10:02:00 pm
      FFS I'm not suggesting other clubs will, I'm suggesting that we're taking our sweet F***ing time organising it. The longer this drags out the more likely someone will come in ahead of us. That's what I'm suggesting. This needs to be done, wrapped up or moved on from.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #840: Jul 17, 2017 10:13:56 pm
      They want £70 million.
      Offer £70 million
      See what happens
      Might work .👍

Who said they want £70M..........All I have seen is they don't want to sell for any price.

There was a leak about a month back saying the price was €70million....not that they would sell but if they were to sell it would be somewhere around €70,000,000.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #841: Jul 17, 2017 11:13:22 pm
      FFS I'm not suggesting other clubs will, I'm suggesting that we're taking our sweet f**king time organising it. The longer this drags out the more likely someone will come in ahead of us. That's what I'm suggesting. This needs to be done, wrapped up or moved on from.

How many times have we supposedly been pipped while in the drivers seat of a transfer deal, F***ing about?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #842: Jul 18, 2017 12:21:32 am
      Quotes from him about how his first game in CL with Leipzig he is dedicating to his father.

This ones over folks. Move on.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #843: Jul 18, 2017 12:30:13 am
      Quotes from him about how his first game in CL with Leipzig he is dedicating to his father.

Any direct quotes, the amount of claim and countet claim about keita is F***ing ridiculous
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #844: Jul 18, 2017 12:30:35 am

He might of said that the day after they qualified for CL..there is no time frame given....I sincerely doubt that we submitted a bid without knowing he was keen for a move.

Hopefully the people running the transfers don't quit so easily.

There are also some quotes (of indeterminable origin and time) that see Keita talking about his dad.

Excuse my GCSE German/use of Google Translate here.

The first game I play in the Champions League, I’ll dedicate it to him.
      He’s never been to Leipzig, so I’ll invite him to this game.
      Not exactly the words of someone planning on leaving this summer. If they were said recently, that is.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-keita-tour-13340769
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #845: Jul 18, 2017 03:20:11 am
      http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3159152/rb-leipzig-warn-liverpool-that-naby-keita-is-not-for-sale-at-any-price-source

Reds target Keita not for sale - source

RB Leipzig have told Liverpool that Naby Keita is not for sale at any price after turning down a €68 million bid last week, a source has told ESPN FC.

Earlier this summer, German media had quoted an unofficial price tag of €80m (£70m) for Keita and Liverpool are reported to be planning to meet that valuation, but Leipzig insist that there is "no figure" that could sway their minds on the 22-year-old Guinea international.

"We will not enter into negotiations at all," a club source told ESPN FC. "A decision has been made that none of our key players will be sold and we're sticking to it."

RB sporting director Ralf Rangnick is determined that Leipzig give a good account of themselves in the Champions League and challenge Bayern Munich for the Bundesliga in the coming season.

The club's head coach, Ralph Hasenhuttl, has said Keita and Emil Forsberg "feel great" at the Bundesliga club despite continued speculation over their futures.

"You can see that they feel great here and are looking forward to the new season," Hasenhuttl told kicker after the pair returned to training. "They know very well what they have here.

"It's a huge compliment for us that we awoke such desires, but it's not the general idea of our path to allow players a transfer following the first available offer. Our goal is to become a big and established club, and what we did this summer is a substantial step towards it."

Privately, Leipzig are aware that Keita's representative may to attempt a final push for a move in coming weeks, but last season's Bundesliga runners-up remain determined to rebuff any further approaches.

Keita, however, might yet become a Liverpool player in 2018 as a release clause in his contract would allow him to leave in 12 months' time for €55m.

However, kicker reported Forsberg has no such clause in his deal, which he only signed in February.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #846: Jul 18, 2017 03:30:25 am
      http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3159152/rb-leipzig-warn-liverpool-that-naby-keita-is-not-for-sale-at-any-price-source

Reds target Keita not for sale - source

RB Leipzig have told Liverpool that Naby Keita is not for sale at any price after turning down a €68 million bid last week, a source has told ESPN FC.

Earlier this summer, German media had quoted an unofficial price tag of €80m (£70m) for Keita and Liverpool are reported to be planning to meet that valuation, but Leipzig insist that there is "no figure" that could sway their minds on the 22-year-old Guinea international.

"We will not enter into negotiations at all," a club source told ESPN FC. "A decision has been made that none of our key players will be sold and we're sticking to it."

RB sporting director Ralf Rangnick is determined that Leipzig give a good account of themselves in the Champions League and challenge Bayern Munich for the Bundesliga in the coming season.

The club's head coach, Ralph Hasenhuttl, has said Keita and Emil Forsberg "feel great" at the Bundesliga club despite continued speculation over their futures.

"You can see that they feel great here and are looking forward to the new season," Hasenhuttl told kicker after the pair returned to training. "They know very well what they have here.

"It's a huge compliment for us that we awoke such desires, but it's not the general idea of our path to allow players a transfer following the first available offer. Our goal is to become a big and established club, and what we did this summer is a substantial step towards it."

Privately, Leipzig are aware that Keita's representative may to attempt a final push for a move in coming weeks, but last season's Bundesliga runners-up remain determined to rebuff any further approaches.

Keita, however, might yet become a Liverpool player in 2018 as a release clause in his contract would allow him to leave in 12 months' time for €55m.

However, kicker reported Forsberg has no such clause in his deal, which he only signed in February.

Still dancing the dance but in the end they won't stop him if he wants out...his agent will work it just like he did with Mane and Soton.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #847: Jul 18, 2017 04:39:52 am
      Still dancing the dance but in the end they won't stop him if he wants out...his agent will work it just like he did with Mane and Soton.

Who says he wants out, I've seen nothing concrete to suggest that.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #848: Jul 18, 2017 05:20:49 am
      Who says he wants out, I've seen nothing concrete to suggest that.

You really think the club's all time record bid is made without some inclination that the player wants a move?

These bid's don't even get put in without knowing the players intentions whether it be through direct contact or thru his agent.

Clubs simply do not waste time or energy and throw bids in for the sake of it...you know that.

And with everything that has gone on for the past 6 weeks, the player would have simply told his agent ( the same agent as Mane..so I am sure we have a relationship with him) to tell LFC to move on or come out with a statement say all this is bullcrap I love Lepzig and I am not moving.

It's a progression in his career and it's already been plotted out...Lepzig are not a stepping stone too where he wants to go...we're the progression level before the end goal...he is an ambitious fella and he want's the big stage, he has been moving up quick as lightning and is on his 4th club in 4 years.

When asked about his ambitions by Salzburg's club magazine, he answered: "I wish for good health, that I am the best African footballer in the world and that I play one day for Barcelona

He will leave RBL...go to the premiership and in 3-4 years move on from there to Barca by that time being 25-26 years old and that will be that.

Now does it happen in the next 30 days? don't know for sure..but in the end Lepzig can sell him to us or wait until the end of next season and sell him to Bayern....they know, the question is do they flinch.

So sell him to us for €70 million or watch Bayern come in and activate the release clause at €48 million and play against him every week.

Personally glad to see were not withering or backing down...its the way it should be.
      « Last Edit: Jul 18, 2017 05:46:26 am by AZPatriot »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #849: Jul 18, 2017 07:01:33 am

We're not exactly Torvill and Dean at this 'dance' malarky though are we?

More like Laurel and Hardy.
      « Last Edit: Jul 18, 2017 07:10:49 am by Beerbelly »
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,282 posts | 235 
      Reply #850: Jul 18, 2017 08:37:10 am
      Move to other target..We will drag this till end and then we will not sign any more player, cause we'll have to little time. We will never get Keita this window.

Quick Reply