Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 193564 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Neiby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #1127: Jul 21, 2017 01:13:23 pm
      Just jumped from page 33 to here as I'm pretty sure not much has happened.

Belive me unless you want to read about exchange rates you really haven't missed anything
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      Reply #1128: Jul 21, 2017 01:14:32 pm
      This is the guy that's been sourcing almost everything about this transfer. The club should have put him on mute but I guess they still haven't learned their lesson if they are really going to submit a third bid.

Apart from assassination., how do we keep an African journalist quiet
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1129: Jul 21, 2017 01:21:22 pm
      We are trying to buy a player who is at a rapidly improving club, a billionaire owner and already in the champions league, no wonder it's difficult. So armed with those facts I won't cry into my beer if it doesn't happen and I won't go along with any theory that the club didn't try hard enough blah blah, Klopp feels the player would be perfect but maybe he has to look elsewhere and get almost perfect.

No mate, it's all an act by FSG, a PR game, and Klopp is either being duped or is a willing stooge in their nefarious plan to "only" offer 70 million quid.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1130: Jul 21, 2017 09:49:57 pm
      Liverpool are planning a third bid of £75m, with £40m to be paid up front, for RB Leipzig’s Naby Keita, in what is likely to be a final offer.

The Merseyside club however feel that could finally be enough to persuade Leipzig, who have so far been completely unmoving in their stance that the player is not for sale.

German sources close to the negotiations feel it has become almost a matter of principle to keep Keita, and have been steadfast in their attitude, but a bid of that size could prove extremely persuasive.

There is an extra edge to the situation given that the 22-year-old Guinean midfielder has a clause in his contract meaning he can leave for £48m next summer, so the size of such an offer from Liverpool – a 56% mark-up on a player they are almost certain to eventually lose – could well convince them to a deal.

The Merseyside club have previously had bids of £57.3m and £66m rejected for the player, who greatly desires a move to Anfield, but has so far just gone about his business with Leipzig and not in any way agitated for a move.

Leipzig owner Dietrich Mateschitz said to Sport Bild on Wednesday that it was not a matter of finance.

“We don’t sell any of our players just to get money. Lately we got a €75m offer for Naby Keita. No way!

“He has a contract and he will fulfil it. To sell him would not only be a proof of distrust to our fans but also the wrong sign for our players like Timo Werner, who is in demand too.”

From The Independent : http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/naby-keita-liverpool-final-transfer-offer-75million-rb-leipzig-a7854176.html

Final offer?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1131: Jul 21, 2017 09:51:05 pm
      Liverpool are planning a third bid of £75m, with £40m to be paid up front, for RB Leipzig’s Naby Keita, in what is likely to be a final offer.

The Merseyside club however feel that could finally be enough to persuade Leipzig, who have so far been completely unmoving in their stance that the player is not for sale.

German sources close to the negotiations feel it has become almost a matter of principle to keep Keita, and have been steadfast in their attitude, but a bid of that size could prove extremely persuasive.

There is an extra edge to the situation given that the 22-year-old Guinean midfielder has a clause in his contract meaning he can leave for £48m next summer, so the size of such an offer from Liverpool – a 56% mark-up on a player they are almost certain to eventually lose – could well convince them to a deal.

The Merseyside club have previously had bids of £57.3m and £66m rejected for the player, who greatly desires a move to Anfield, but has so far just gone about his business with Leipzig and not in any way agitated for a move.

Leipzig owner Dietrich Mateschitz said to Sport Bild on Wednesday that it was not a matter of finance.

“We don’t sell any of our players just to get money. Lately we got a €75m offer for Naby Keita. No way!

“He has a contract and he will fulfil it. To sell him would not only be a proof of distrust to our fans but also the wrong sign for our players like Timo Werner, who is in demand too.”

From The Independent : http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/naby-keita-liverpool-final-transfer-offer-75million-rb-leipzig-a7854176.html

Final offer?
      Yeah. I think offer this, either sign or move on.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1132: Jul 21, 2017 09:56:53 pm

Final offer?

Appears so Mags, even in today's crazy market that's still a substantial bid and approximately double anything we've paid for anyone before. I know people mock the 'we tried' line when it comes to FSG but I'd be happy enough that they've backed the manager on this one, we just should have got to the final stage a bit quicker so further targets could have both been identified and negotiated for.

If they say no, which appears likely I don't see us going for another midfielder and therefore this could have been a pivotal transfer which would free up more money for other positions.

However if they say yes then forget all that has gone before and start singing "we're gonna win the league, we're gonna win the league!" :D
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1133: Jul 21, 2017 10:01:38 pm
      Appears so Mags, even in today's crazy market that's still a substantial bid and approximately double anything we've paid for anyone before. I know people mock the 'we tried' line when it comes to FSG but I'd be happy enough that they've backed the manager on this one, we just should have got to the final stage a bit quicker so further targets could have both been identified and negotiated for.

If they say no, which appears likely I don't see us going for another midfielder and therefore this could have been a pivotal transfer which would free up more money for other positions.

However if they say yes then forget all that has gone before and start singing "we're gonna win the league, we're gonna win the league!" :D

What did they pay for him from Salzburg Luke?....something like €11 million?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1134: Jul 21, 2017 10:04:27 pm
      What did they pay for him from Salzburg Luke?....something like €11 million?

Yeah, according to this £12.75m but either way around 600% profit.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/naby-keita/profil/spieler/302215
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,211 posts | 1214 
      Reply #1135: Jul 21, 2017 10:04:51 pm
      Chances of us signing him next summer if our current attempts fail?

I fear by then he will be on the radar of all the big clubs, be seen as a steal at £48m and we simply won't be able to compete.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1136: Jul 21, 2017 10:10:29 pm

I fear by then he will be on the radar of all the big clubs, be seen as a steal at £48m and we simply won't be able to compete.

Next season Bayern will snap him up like they do with all the top talent in Germany.

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,211 posts | 1214 
      Reply #1137: Jul 21, 2017 10:16:44 pm
      Next season Bayern will snap him up like they do with all the top talent in Germany.

Exactly. B*stards.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1138: Jul 21, 2017 10:20:25 pm

Very true but something I would hope RBL would look at and say...sell him to LFC now at £75 million and piss off some supporters but pocket a £62,000,000 profit in one year or...sell him for £27,000,000 less and to what we and our supporters look at as our #1 competition in Bayern and play against him every year.

Make for an interesting discussion at the Red Bull offices.
      « Last Edit: Jul 21, 2017 10:32:32 pm by AZPatriot »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1139: Jul 21, 2017 11:42:34 pm

Zero

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1140: Jul 22, 2017 12:04:39 am
      When I see the figures going around this summer, not just for Keita but in general, really makes me wonder how the hell we got Mane for around £36M just a year ago!

Regarding Keita though, Leipzig aren't a top club, they had a good finish last season but I think they are kidding themselves if they think they can do that again. They would be better off selling Keita and using that money for some serious investment in their team if they spend it wisely. Because they finished runners up it's like they suddenly think they are a top club and turn away such offers. Like Leicester winning the league, was a one season fluke.

They aren't strong enough as a club to be taking a 20-30mill hit on a player and lose him for a release clause in a years time. Just bad business that.
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #1141: Jul 22, 2017 01:34:24 am
      They aren't strong enough as a club to be taking a 20-30mill hit on a player and lose him for a release clause in a years time. Just bad business that.

For what it's worth, CL qualification is worth around 30M on it's own.  If keeping Keita helps secure them that spot, then it could be a good decision.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1142: Jul 22, 2017 01:50:59 am
      For what it's worth, CL qualification is worth around 30M on it's own.  If keeping Keita helps secure them that spot, then it could be a good decision.

Fair point.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1143: Jul 22, 2017 04:44:03 pm
      No mate, it's all an act by FSG, a PR game, and Klopp is either being duped or is a willing stooge in their nefarious plan to "only" offer 70 million quid.

The hope surely now is that if and when a thirrd and final bid is put in and turned down that the next target is of similar quality.

In a previous transfer window we went after Sanchez and settled for Lambert and Balotelli.

In another went after Texeira and got nobody.

In another wrote a letter of apology to the fans for our lack of action.

We were told last transfer window our lack of net spend was because we didn't have CL and the club were confident of a top 4 finish and here it is.

This is the window to try to cement ourselves as a permanent fixture in the top 4/ title races.

Land these two big targets in VVD and Naby Keita as well as holding on to Coutinho the Fenway will have overseen a very good transfer window. (I'd say we very much need a striker too however)

Land similar level of player then we can live with that too.

What I can't stomach would be pissing about with this deal if we now know that the Germain Red Bulls won't sell at any price. Let's face it I doubt very much they need the money.

Still time to go yet, but at the moment nobody can be blamed for getting a little bit twitchy. We've sat through a few disappointing windows littered with amateur mistakes and this window has been similar too.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #1144: Jul 22, 2017 05:11:50 pm
      Any  positive  development?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      Reply #1145: Jul 22, 2017 05:13:32 pm
      Any  positive  development?

He is stiil alive
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #1146: Jul 22, 2017 10:41:30 pm
      Reports of a £74MM bid accepted...
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #1147: Jul 22, 2017 11:11:01 pm
      Reports of a £74MM bid accepted...

Yeah and the source is some tinpot website...

http://www.winnersports.co.uk/liverpool-fc-agree-fee-excess-74m-sign-naby-keita-75508

I wouldn't get too excited
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1148: Jul 22, 2017 11:14:36 pm
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1149: Jul 22, 2017 11:21:10 pm

Quick Reply