Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 193552 times
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Re: Neiby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #1403: Jul 27, 2017 08:53:45 am
      I can't believe this is going all political now. It's easy we either sign him or we don't. Will he improve the group...of course he will because it looks like he's part of jurgens big plan. If he doesn't sign will our midfield be worse off....I'd say no. Our midfield group is more affected now because we've lost Lucas I think. I think keita would add that extra dynamic to our midfield which I feel then would probably have Can to be our replacement for Lucas. That then leads to another issue if the rumours are true that Can could end up at Juventus.Is Grujic ready to step up to the next level. If Keita doesn't sign and we lose Can to Juventus who's next on the list of replacements.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1404: Jul 27, 2017 09:43:53 am
      well i removed it incase it caused offsense but i guess i was too late, not totally sure i believe a country can have 59. It just demonstrates a problem in wealth. Starving people won't do well in these tests, it doesn't mean that people are stupid it means it means wealth is not being distributed effectively everywhere.
      I'm guessing that they didn't publish the decimal since IQ doesn't normally give a decimal. I would have published the decimal if it were my research. I think there should be a new study since this is dated 2002 and there is no more recent one yet. I think things may have improved a bit since. I am thinking internet access will be will be a major factor in IQ.

Why would a study which you didn't carry out cause offense? I found it quite interesting, but only really for the European countries and Asia. IQ is very dependent on education levels so its skewed very much in favour of wealthier countries. Personally I'm just happy that Norway sits ahead of both Sweden and Denmark although I'm staggered that Sweden is so close!
      Luke92
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #1405: Jul 27, 2017 10:36:41 am
      My main worry with the keita situation is that we don't appear to have left ourselves a tonne of time to find/strike a deal with an alternative if leipzig continue to refuse to sell. I know the window is open for a while yet of course but given how long it takes to complete a deal any alternative would be looking at a very short "bedding in period". After all our first league fixture if im not mistaken is in 16 days?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1406: Jul 27, 2017 11:06:06 am
      My main worry with the keita situation is that we don't appear to have left ourselves a tonne of time to find/strike a deal with an alternative if leipzig continue to refuse to sell. I know the window is open for a while yet of course but given how long it takes to complete a deal any alternative would be looking at a very short "bedding in period". After all our first league fixture if im not mistaken is in 16 days?

First off, welcome to the forum.

Second of all, even if we signed somebody on deadline day, it wouldn't be all that bad. We have the numbers to keep rotating and still put a quality team out. Some players don't always need a lengthy period of time to bed themselves in and start churning out quality performances. Our back up option for Keita could be one of those players.

Some deals are completed relatively quickly but it always helps when the club is willing to sell that player, the player is happy to join & you're willing to pay the asking price. We're not having much luck in all of these areas this summer which means they're taking a crazy amount of time to complete.

Roma wanted it to be paid in a certain way, Leipzig don't want to sell, Southampton are pissed off because we were caught tapping up and are now making us wait but Hull gave us a price that we were willing to match. It also helped that we had a player or two that they wanted.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #1407: Jul 27, 2017 12:55:29 pm
      To be fair guys, you could discuss the ends of this transfer saga and it would be just as boring..

No progress on this since his name was first mentioned.  :f_wah:

His name is also spelled wrong and has never been corrected.
      Maybe that's our problem right there? We've been after the wrong guy all along?! 😂
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #1408: Jul 27, 2017 02:09:51 pm
      F***ing hell, currency fluctuations and racism debates now, just sign the lad or don't.

Where did the F***ing football go?

That's what happens in pre-season until the real thing kicks-off.

No F***ing wonder they call it silly season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Re: Naby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #1409: Jul 27, 2017 04:36:34 pm
      Rangnick tries to explain his comments and makes it worse. On my phone so having trouble quoting it but just go check Twitter or Reddit.

Now I think he has actually stepped in it, saying he's met a lot of African players and many of them do come from a clan or tribe.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1410: Jul 27, 2017 05:57:59 pm
      Barbary slave trade was part of the Arab slave trade, which mostly targeted black Africans. However you want to put it, black Africans had been heavily suffered from slavery throughout the course of history. Even today in the mindsets of the many people in the west, Africans are associated with backwardness, poverty, and idiocy. It's understandable why remarks like those of Rangnick can be deemed offensive, even if not intentionally meant to be racist.

Just my two cents though. Didn't mean to argue with the expert of currency exchange and slavery.
      I have no idea about what Rangnick said, not following it and I never heard of him. I read this.

between 1 million and 1.25 million Europeans were captured between the 16th and 19th centuries by Barbary corsairs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_slave_trade

Also, I would recommend reading

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/nov/18/africans-apologise-slave-trade

Traditional African rulers whose ancestors collaborated with European and Arab slave traders should follow Britain and the United States by publicly saying sorry, according to human rights organisations.
      The Civil Rights Congress of Nigeria has written to tribal chiefs saying: "We cannot continue to blame the white men, as Africans, particularly the traditional rulers, are not blameless."
      The appeal has reopened a sensitive debate over the part some chiefs played in helping to capture their fellow Africans and sell them into bondage as part of the transatlantic slave trade.

Sorry if this completely changes what people think they know about history, but when people come on here with comments like this...

Add in the the way Africa has been raped and pillaged by the whites over the last century I would suggest he is sailing close to racism.

I am sure the slave trade ended early 1800 so I still would like him to clarify what he was accusing white people of here.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #1411: Jul 27, 2017 06:11:13 pm
      I am sure the slave trade ended early 1800 so I still would like him to clarify what he was accusing white people of here.

My guess would be the way the Europeans basically raped the F**k out of the continent and in the process held some of the indigenous population prisoner. And you only have to look at how the British set up concentration camps during the Boer war, how the Germans set up similar on Shark Island, known locally as 'Death Island' and what the likes of the Belgians and French did too!

Now you can pretty much get off that high horse!!

DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,742 posts | 882 
      Reply #1412: Jul 27, 2017 06:13:07 pm
      Rangnick tries to explain his comments and makes it worse. On my phone so having trouble quoting it but just go check Twitter or Reddit.

Now I think he has actually stepped in it, saying he's met a lot of African players and many of them do come from a clan or tribe.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Gets worse...
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1413: Jul 27, 2017 06:13:51 pm

Time for another bid I think...keep the pressure on :)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1414: Jul 27, 2017 06:18:51 pm
      My guess would be the way the Europeans basically raped the f**k out of the continent and in the process held some of the indigenous population prisoner. And you only have to look at how the British set up concentration camps during the Boer war, how the Germans set up similar on Shark Island, known locally as 'Death Island' and what the likes of the Belgians and French did too!

Now you can pretty much get off that high horse!!
      If you open a history book, you would see it was a trade with multi racial and ethic involvement as in regards to perpetrators.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #1415: Jul 27, 2017 06:25:57 pm

So basically to him, all african players are the same. Didn't even bother to find out where his star man came from.
      Keita should just replace himself with another black man with similar stature and get the F**k outta there asap!!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1416: Jul 27, 2017 06:31:37 pm
      So basically to him, all african players are the same. Didn't even bother to find out where his star man came from.
      Keita should just replace himself with another black man with similar stature and get the f**k outta there asap!!
      Not sure why he said that to be honest. I do think some players help out their poorer relatives, but this happens regardless of race. I think clan or village is a bit too far fetched.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #1417: Jul 27, 2017 07:01:15 pm
      If you open a history book, you would see it was a trade with multi racial and ethic involvement as in regards to perpetrators.

Why don't you? Some of us on here actually got an education in school and know what the F**k we're talking about!!

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,223 posts | 2804 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1418: Jul 27, 2017 08:25:51 pm
      Why are Leipzig in the press on a daily basis and it is daily talking about Keita and this deal.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1419: Jul 27, 2017 08:27:48 pm
      Why are Leipzig in the press on a daily basis and it is daily talking about Keita and this deal.

Trying to tell us something?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,223 posts | 2804 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1420: Jul 27, 2017 08:30:26 pm

If you told a girl 5 times 4 weeks ago you werent intrested in her would you continue to tell her on a daily basis or would you delete her number and stop communicating?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1421: Jul 27, 2017 08:36:20 pm

They could do that privately, President of the Red Bull group could call Henry and say if you offered us £100 million we're not selling. Houllier could just as easily phone Peter Moore up and just tell him straight up you could offer us £200 million and we would say no. Rangnick could call Klopp on his cell and tell him to just go away...you  could offer us £300 million and we won't sell...that would end it.

Fairly obvious to me where there is smoke there is fire and if there was nothing going on we would not be wasting our time; chances are a divided camp within the RB organization and although Rangnick runs Leipzig he also has multiple layers of bosses above him. Someone or some group within RB is letting it be known that there is a price..and he is for sale or this would simply go away.

As far as coming out on a daily basis that is just RB coming out reminding everybody how important they are or at least how important they perceive themselves to be in world football. Rangnicks recent rantings point to me a person under more and more pressure internally to get this resolved.
      « Last Edit: Jul 27, 2017 08:41:28 pm by AZPatriot »
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1422: Jul 27, 2017 08:42:11 pm

If you told a girl 5 times 4 weeks ago you werent intrested in her would you continue to tell her on a daily basis or would you delete her number and stop communicating?

Spot on analogy right there Brian.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #1423: Jul 27, 2017 08:54:38 pm

Giz her number Bri (if you hav'nt deleted it yet ) :f_whistle:
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #1424: Jul 27, 2017 09:41:50 pm

I'd have sex with her first and then delete her number
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1425: Jul 27, 2017 09:48:59 pm

More like after I told her to buzz off she keeps telling my friends that she likes me and hanging around my front step. So I keep having to tell her it ain't happening.

Quick Reply