Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 193227 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Naby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #1656: Aug 10, 2017 09:30:51 pm
      How is there a bidding war when a release clause exists?

The only bidding to be done would be in terms of wages/signing fee, you don't offer more than they're forced to sell for.  If you think that offering more would mean Leipzig can force Keita to go to the higher bidder I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work that way. Keita can choose whichever club triggers the release clause therefore negating the need or advantage in bidding more.

Didn't rb liepzig dispute the existence of this clause ?
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,866 posts | 165 
      Reply #1657: Aug 10, 2017 09:43:39 pm
      About time we went for option 2.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #1658: Aug 10, 2017 09:44:23 pm
      Didn't rb liepzig dispute the existence of this clause ?

No, Rangnick had confirmed it and basically confirmed he will leave left year
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1659: Aug 10, 2017 09:50:02 pm
      What I don't get is if we can't sign him now because they won't sell but his is in our long term plans why not offer them a compromise and sell/loan back with a clause saying we can have him once they get booted from the CL?

I mean they know/we know he is gone next season so give them say ÂŁ60 million now loan him back and then we have him?

Beats keeping him and then losing him to Bayern for €48 million next June.

Probably because by the time they get the full fee for him, from us, it will be 2030 or some such bollocks.

There was never any question we'd stump up 60M from the get go, it was reported significantly lower and was "structured".

Drip feeding them a tenner a-week and a Dunkin' Donut is enough to turn anyone off.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1660: Aug 10, 2017 09:51:21 pm
      They can "accept" what they like mate, if the release clause is watertight the player can choose where he goes, so long as the buyer stumps up the stipulated amount.

Yup Bayern could come with €48,000,000 and Arsenal could come in at €60,000,000 but if he want's Bayern then he will go there....which means in real terms Bayern could offer him a much nicer package with the €12,000,000 they saved in transfer fees.

RBL going to end up shooting themselves in the foot on this one.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1661: Aug 10, 2017 09:52:44 pm
      Probably because by the time they get the full fee for him, from us, it will be 2030 or some such bollocks.

There was never any question we'd stump up 60M from the get go, it was reported significantly lower and was "structured".

Drip feeding them a tenner a-week and a Dunkin' Donut is enough to turn anyone off.

You mean what Barca was trying to do to us then?

Every club structures payments.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1662: Aug 10, 2017 09:57:53 pm
      You mean what Barca was trying to do to us then?

Every club structures payments.

Not like we do.

Low balling doesn't just come in the form of making initial bids.

It comes in many forms, players' wages, pay structures the whole f**king lot.

Why do you think it takes us an eternity to get any deal done? (Mo Salah).

We're also pretty well known for being hard work in getting such deals done.
      « Last Edit: Aug 10, 2017 10:10:57 pm by Beerbelly »
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #1663: Aug 10, 2017 10:01:20 pm
      How is there a bidding war when a release clause exists?

The only bidding to be done would be in terms of wages/signing fee, you don't offer more than they're forced to sell for.  If you think that offering more would mean Leipzig can force Keita to go to the higher bidder I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work that way. Keita can choose whichever club triggers the release clause therefore negating the need or advantage in bidding more.

Makes perfect sense, din't think of it that way. Was under the impression that RBL will hold some power deciding where Naby goes.

After he refused to sign an extension the most logical thing for me would be to sell him this window to the highest bidder, don't think taking a ~30 million loss in a year or so is the most clever thing to do.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1664: Aug 10, 2017 10:01:46 pm

Do you have any proof of this?

I've heard some things but never came across any details of the exact amount offered and in what structure it was offered. The only thing I've read is that he was not for sale at any price, regardless of structure.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1665: Aug 10, 2017 10:03:25 pm

I've heard some things but never came across any details of the exact amount offered and in what structure it was offered. The only thing I've read is that he was not for sale at any price, regardless of structure.

Oh he has the proof, an expert on all matter related to LFC & finance.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1666: Aug 10, 2017 10:08:37 pm

I recall that we were offering to stump 40M upfront (in here somewhere I think), and the rest of it (30M) the best part was to be structured.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1667: Aug 10, 2017 10:32:18 pm
      I recall that we were offering to stump 40M upfront (in here somewhere I think), and the rest of it (30M) the best part was to be structured.

Source?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1668: Aug 10, 2017 10:45:11 pm
      Dortmund reject Barcelona’s €100m offer for DembĂ©lĂ© and suspend player

Borussia Dortmund have rejected Barcelona’s opening offer for Ousmane DembĂ©lĂ© and suspended the France forward after he missed a training session on Thursday.

Dortmund have said the France forward is “unlikely” to move to Spain unless they receive an improved offer, despite reports in France and Germany suggesting the 20-year-old is on the verge of signing for Barça. A statement from the German club confirmed the offer – understood to be €100m – had been rejected. “There has been a discussion with Barcelona in regards to a possible transfer of Ousmane DembĂ©lĂ©,” read the statement, which was released to the German stock exchange.

“In these talks Barcelona have presented an offer that does not match the extraordinary footballing and otherwise status of the player and also not the current market situation. BVB have turned this offer down.

Ousmane DembĂ©lĂ©: football’s hottest property, if you can convince his mother
       Read more
      “And as there is no other offer from Barcelona a transfer should not be expected and is at this moment in time unlikely.”

Dortmund’s sporting director later said DembĂ©lĂ© would be fined and suspended for their next match.

“Ousmane DembĂ©lĂ© missed training without notifying the club and has clearly taken this action consciously. We will obviously sanction him for this,” Michael Zorc said. “We have also suspended the player until after the cup game at the weekend.”

It is understood Dembélé went to Paris on Thursday evening to visit friends and family, and was awaiting news as the clubs continue to negotiate the fee.

Talks have been continuing for several days, with Dortmund insistent they would not accept less than €150m for the player they signed from Rennes last summer for a 10th of that cost. DembĂ©lĂ© was pictured in the official team photo on Wednesday but the Dortmund manager, Peter Bosz, said the player had failed to show up the following day.

“He wasn’t there this morning and if I am completely honest I have to say I have no idea why he wasn’t,” Bosz said. “We have tried to reach him but we have not managed to. I hope nothing bad has happened to him. He wasn’t there.”

Asked if it was linked to Barcelona’s interest, Bosz said: “That I do not know as I haven’t spoken to him.”

A report in the French newspaper L’Equipe claimed DembĂ©lĂ© will fly to Barcelona “in the coming hours” to sign a long-term contract. Sky Sports in Germany has also reported he is set to join Ernesto Valverde’s side.

On Wednesday, Barcelona failed with a ÂŁ90m bid for Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho, with JĂŒrgen Klopp reiterating on Thursday the Brazilian is not for sale at any price.

DembĂ©lĂ©, who has four years remaining on his Dortmund contract and made his full international debut for France against Italy last September, scored six goals in his debut season in the Bundesliga. Rennes are believed to have a 25% sell-on clause which means they could be due up to €30m of any transfer fee received for DembĂ©lĂ©.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/10/ousmane-dembele-borussia-dortmund-barcelona?CMP=fb_gu
      I could be wrong, but I don't think that Dembele and Keita are the same person.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1669: Aug 10, 2017 10:48:34 pm

I don't recall reading this. Do you have a source?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1670: Aug 10, 2017 11:30:36 pm

Can you please tell us where this was reported or did you perhaps manage to obtain a copy of the email sent to RB Leipzig with the offer? Its weird how selective you are in believing some news paper articles but not others, I wonder why that is?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1671: Aug 11, 2017 06:53:20 am
      I don't recall reading this. Do you have a source?

I recall glossing over it - and I'm sure it was in here somewhere. I don't have the source as I didn't post it but I was surprised it didn't get much attention.

I'm sure the figure mentioned was ~43M upfront.

While everyone was busy with the extravagant look of 60-70 odd million reported, this equally reported figure clearly went under the radar.

And yes, it could have been BS but contextualising that with our history of dragging our feet in transfer negotiations; I wasn't in the least bit surprised to read that just over half the reported fee for Keita was offered up front.

Still, it's by the by now.

EDIT:

Quick search on the net shows it was quite a common rumour. I didn't read it from this "source" initially, as I have no idea who this fella is - but it was out there and mooted:

Liverpool are planning a third bid of ÂŁ75m, ÂŁ40m paid up front for Naby Keita, in what is likely to be a final offer.
      https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/888483304802066433
      « Last Edit: Aug 11, 2017 07:19:05 am by Beerbelly »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1672: Aug 11, 2017 08:23:06 am
      I recall glossing over it - and I'm sure it was in here somewhere. I don't have the source as I didn't post it but I was surprised it didn't get much attention.

I'm sure the figure mentioned was ~43M upfront.

While everyone was busy with the extravagant look of 60-70 odd million reported, this equally reported figure clearly went under the radar.

And yes, it could have been BS but contextualising that with our history of dragging our feet in transfer negotiations; I wasn't in the least bit surprised to read that just over half the reported fee for Keita was offered up front.

Still, it's by the by now.

EDIT:

Quick search on the net shows it was quite a common rumour. I didn't read it from this "source" initially, as I have no idea who this fella is - but it was out there and mooted:

Liverpool are planning a third bid of ÂŁ75m, ÂŁ40m paid up front for Naby Keita, in what is likely to be a final offer.
      https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/888483304802066433

Miguel Delaney?.................yeah ok must be true!
      About as credible as if I had stated that as fact.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1673: Aug 11, 2017 09:23:14 am
      Miguel Delaney?.................yeah ok must be true!
      About as credible as if I had stated that as fact.

I didn't say that was the source I saw, that was just one of, I saw from a quick search.

So the rumour was out there, and while people were happy to swallow the we'll pay 75M part all summer long, they now don't think the second clause of that statement is conceivable.
      « Last Edit: Aug 11, 2017 09:33:06 am by Beerbelly »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1674: Aug 11, 2017 09:32:21 am
      I didn't say that was the source I saw, that was just one of, I saw from a quick search.

So the rumour was out there, and while people were happy to swallow the we'll pay 75M part all summer long, they now don't think the second clause of that statement is conceivable.

I think the truth is nobody really knows as all the leaks have been plugged so even the usual LFC mouthpieces, Pearce, Joyce etc are just guessing.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1675: Aug 11, 2017 10:02:21 am
      There's a couple of agents get in the pub I run (mostly handling young African players) and according to them, we are a complete nightmare to deal with. No cast iron certainties of getting paid, delays, conditions, what if's etc. They say we are notorious for it, to such an extent that if they have a choice, they don't deal with us.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1676: Aug 11, 2017 10:53:59 am
      There's a couple of agents get in the pub I run (mostly handling young African players) and according to them, we are a complete nightmare to deal with. No cast iron certainties of getting paid, delays, conditions, what if's etc. They say we are notorious for it, to such an extent that if they have a choice, they don't deal with us.

I've heard that to. Mind you, I may have heard it from you - not sure!  :D

However, you only have to see how we faff about in negotiations and you don't need to be a rocket scientist to draw such conclusions.

I mean, how long did the Salah deal take to complete at the second time of asking and 28 million quid later.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1677: Aug 11, 2017 11:02:12 am
      and crucially it was the one you chose to believe as it fitted your narrative of hating FSG!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1678: Aug 11, 2017 11:05:58 am

To be honest I'd rather that than being thought of as pushovers BigMick, but there does come a point where being to much of a pain in the arse is not good, but I imagine that we still have enough financial muscle that clubs HAVE to deal with us.

Quick Reply