Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Dominic Solanke (Liverpool > Bournemouth)

Read 64910 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Dominic Solanke Player Thread
      Reply #115: Jul 05, 2017 01:31:05 pm
      Apparently Chelsea are looking £10 million compensation for him. 👊 Go feck yourselves you chav pricks.
      I reckon we should do an add on deal. 2.5 million if he scores 10 goals in his first season. 5 more million if he scores 20 goals within one full season of any of his first two seasons. An extra 2.5 if we win the league, that is 10m right?
      That will mean they get 10m if Solanke is prolific and we win the league.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #116: Jul 05, 2017 01:56:46 pm

I'm sure Danny Ings' fee didn't get decided until the following January.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #117: Jul 06, 2017 05:04:10 pm
      Was watching some of the inside training footage. Dude is large.

I'm going to make a bold prediction that he will get more goals this year than Origi. Mark this page ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #118: Jul 06, 2017 05:37:54 pm
      I reckon we should do an add on deal. 2.5 million if he scores 10 goals in his first season. 5 more million if he scores 20 goals within one full season of any of his first two seasons. An extra 2.5 if we win the league, that is 10m right?
      That will mean they get 10m if Solanke is prolific and we win the league.

But they get nothing if he doesn't which makes absolutely no sense. They'd have to be idiots to accept that.

They won't get anything near 10m for him. It'll be more like £3m up front with £1-2m in add ons. Ings was £6.5m up front with £1.5m in add. Ings had played for England under-21's, played 149 senior club games, scored 49 goals and played in the Premier League for a year. Solanke isn't developed to anywhere near that level yet which makes the 10m asking price an absolute farce. There's also the fact he's never played for Chelsea's first team and he no doubt never was going to.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #119: Jul 06, 2017 07:20:11 pm
      Was watching some of the inside training footage. Dude is large.

I'm going to make a bold prediction that he will get more goals this year than Origi. Mark this page ;D

I'll take some of that action. Divock will score more.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #120: Jul 10, 2017 10:12:30 pm
      Genuinely excited about this kid. Tall, athletic, quick and direct.

Let's give him a proper chance.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #121: Jul 10, 2017 10:21:13 pm
      Welcome to LFC.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #122: Jul 10, 2017 10:26:57 pm
      Genuinely excited about this kid. Tall, athletic, quick and direct.

Let's give him a proper chance.

Same feeling, can't wait to see what he has to offer during pre season!
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #123: Jul 17, 2017 09:57:11 am
      The way he moves and plays he reminds me of Harry Kane. If he can learn to be lethal in front of goal like Harry I'd be ecstatic!

Long long way to go for this lads development but I am optimistic!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #124: Jul 20, 2017 02:28:37 am
      Salah has the speed ...  Solanke has the style.

World of difference in what we paid for each ... but methinks Solanke will be the buy of the season.

Well spotted LFC .  Good scouting there.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #125: Jul 21, 2017 12:13:24 am
      but methinks Solanke will be the buy of the season.

I was a bit unsure as to why we signed him at first to be honest, especially with Firmino being 1st choice, Sturridge, Ings and Origi all being at the club too. But after watching his performances so far, he's impressed and I've got a feeling he is going to be in for one hell of a season, he looks composed and settled in the team as if he had been here for a season already. It's obviously very early and got to remember it's only pre-season and even Aspas looked good in pre-season but from the early signs, he's giving me more confidence than Ings, Origi and Sturridge too. 2 of them are constantly injured and Origi is very hit and miss.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #126: Jul 21, 2017 02:14:37 am
      So do we need to fork out a stack of cash for a new Striker?

We have Daniel, Danny, Dom and Divock, leading the line.

We have Salah, Firminio, Couts, Lallana and Mane all in close behind them or rotating through there.

Looks like we have to concentrate on defence and midfield.

Still wouldn't have minded Lacazette coming to us but that ship has sailed. (And his name doesn't start with D  :D )
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #127: Jul 29, 2017 10:29:51 pm
      Another goal for the youngster. He looks big and seems to play even bigger. Like what little I have seen so far
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #128: Jul 29, 2017 11:23:03 pm
      So do we need to fork out a stack of cash for a new Striker?

We have Daniel, Danny, Dom and Divock, leading the line.

We have Salah, Firminio, Couts, Lallana and Mane all in close behind them or rotating through there.

Looks like we have to concentrate on defence and midfield.

Still wouldn't have minded Lacazette coming to us but that ship has sailed. (And his name doesn't start with D  :D )
      i think we have the best attack in the league. You are right about midfield and defence needing a boost. I am not thrilled about our goalkeeper situation either.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #129: Jul 29, 2017 11:23:49 pm
      Look at how he anticipated that cross for his goal. If only Balotelli or Bentekkers had that sort of anticipation about them.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #130: Jul 30, 2017 07:17:51 pm
      What isn't to like about this fella?!
      Love everything I have seen of him so far in preseason and from the YouTube clips of him at the u20 World Cup.
      Got strength, a great touch, clinical finishing, belief in his ability, desire to work hard and a bit of speed.
      Love it
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #131: Jul 30, 2017 11:54:18 pm
      Every time he plays, get more confident he's in for a big season. Think he could end up being a vital player over the season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #132: Jul 31, 2017 10:30:34 am
      What isn't to like about this fella?!
      Love everything I have seen of him so far in preseason and from the YouTube clips of him at the u20 World Cup.
      Got strength, a great touch, clinical finishing, belief in his ability, desire to work hard and a bit of speed.
      Love it

You have to think that Chelsea have made a huge F**k up in releasing him/not signing him up to proper contract or is there some negative aspect to him we haven't seen yet?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #133: Jul 31, 2017 10:56:55 am
      Here for the Sturridge and Solanke celebrations this year tbh.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #134: Jul 31, 2017 07:12:22 pm
      You have to think that Chelsea have made a huge F**k up in releasing him/not signing him up to proper contract or is there some negative aspect to him we haven't seen yet?

Totally agree that there is an element of doubt in regard to why Chelsea let him go.
      But if you look at the incredibly long list of talented and potentially very good young players that they have brought in over the last 10 years or more who haven't been given a chance to play for them then you can fully understand why a youngster may realize that the opportunities will lie elsewhere to get first team football and get their careers back on track.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #135: Jul 31, 2017 09:56:27 pm
      You have to think that Chelsea have made a huge f**k up in releasing him/not signing him up to proper contract or is there some negative aspect to him we haven't seen yet?

His face doesn't fit, that's all. He's not a Morata or someone like that. Chavs for a while now have been more bothered about signing a big name player than pushing someone like Solanke.
      Not the first player, they let KDB go which has proven to be a shocking choice. They let Matic go but had to pay much more to get him back, they tried with Lukaku.
      As a club, they don't know how to develop young talent anymore, which stems back to the start of Jose and only being able to work with big money players.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #136: Aug 05, 2017 08:00:47 pm
      His face doesn't fit, that's all. He's not a Morata or someone like that. Chavs for a while now have been more bothered about signing a big name player than pushing someone like Solanke.
      Not the first player, they let KDB go which has proven to be a shocking choice. They let Matic go but had to pay much more to get him back, they tried with Lukaku.

As a club, they don't know how to develop young talent anymore, which stems back to the start of Jose and only being able to work with big money players.

Last sentence . Very true.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #137: Aug 05, 2017 08:43:27 pm

Wonderful post Kenny.

Quick Reply