Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Legends of Anfield Painting. 125 years.

Read 4417 times
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Legends of Anfield Painting. 125 years.
      Jun 03, 2017 04:10:43 pm
      Hi to all you good folk out there, and firstly I'd like to wish you all a Happy Birthday for the 125th anniversary of our
      beloved club.
      I'm not sure if you all can recall, but a few years ago, I embarked on a journey to have this passion project completed.

After a long and arduous path, including my previous artist who I had commissioned to complete the painting, unfortunately
      had a nervous breakdown and left it half finished and in the process, destroyed the painting by blacking it all out!
      This second coming, akin to our Istanbul comeback occurred and finally, with the able help of my two partners, my fellow
      Red comrades Jim and Trif, we have finally got it over the line and we're super proud of our efforts.  ;D ;D

Our long term goal is to have this hung at Anfield in some capacity or in the club museum for fans around the world to
      come and savour, take pics in front of it etc. It is lovingly made by 3 fans for all the supporters we have,
      however, it saddens us that there has been a deafening silence from the club for so long after trying many avenues to get
      into contact with them.

We'll plod on with attempting to purchase a licence to be able to sell prints of this around the world for supporters to
      enjoy.

I would like to give thanks to members such as MsGerrard, Stuey, DLS, AussieRed, Billy(1?) for their moral support in the
      past and for some input in some info I needed for final selections for entrants on this artwork. Much appreciated.

Here's hoping Jürgen lands us No.19 down the track, then, happily we'd have to try and find a way to squeeze him into the
      painting somewhere!  ;)

You can check out our little video on the makings of it at :
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=XHo-tlXcveQ&app=desktop

Anyway, thanks for your time.

« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2017 10:33:17 am by RedPuppy, Reason: Pic added so no click needed. »
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      Re: Legends of Anfield Painting. 125 years.
      Reply #1: Jun 03, 2017 04:19:51 pm
      More pics.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      Reply #2: Jun 03, 2017 04:20:40 pm
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      Reply #3: Jun 03, 2017 04:23:36 pm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #4: Jun 03, 2017 04:57:13 pm
      Its brilliant .

Sgt Pepper style montage   and topical at this time.

Good work .
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      Reply #5: Jun 03, 2017 05:27:01 pm
      Thanks Miro.

Much appreciated.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #6: Jun 03, 2017 10:22:19 pm
      REDSTORM  :) This is absolutely fantastic, I love and adore it, you and your fellow reds have worked unbelievably hard, there has been so much effort put into this and I for one would love one  :)

Massive well done to you all, and I sincerely hope your dream comes true to have it on display at Anfield one day  :gt-happyup:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #7: Jun 03, 2017 11:25:31 pm
      Well done REDSTORM ,that picture is excellent and brings back so many memories of our past and present players who brought so much history to this club,cheers.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      Reply #8: Jun 04, 2017 01:52:35 am
      Thank you so much MsG and Billy for the kind words and well wishes.

Much appreciated. Yourself and Billy will definitely get a print sent out to you when the time comes.

The photos don't do it justice. In real life, it looks much more detailed and realistic.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,385 posts | 1457 
      Reply #9: Jun 04, 2017 08:39:32 am
      Hi to all you good folk out there, and firstly I'd like to wish you all a Happy Birthday for the 125th anniversary of our
      beloved club.
      I'm not sure if you all can recall, but a few years ago, I embarked on a journey to have this passion project completed.

After a long and arduous path, including my previous artist who I had commissioned to complete the painting, unfortunately
      had a nervous breakdown and left it half finished and in the process, destroyed the painting by blacking it all out!
      This second coming, akin to our Istanbul comeback occurred and finally, with the able help of my two partners, my fellow
      Red comrades Jim and Trif, we have finally got it over the line and we're super proud of our efforts.  ;D ;D

Our long term goal is to have this hung at Anfield in some capacity or in the club museum for fans around the world to
      come and savour, take pics in front of it etc. It is lovingly made by 3 fans for all the supporters we have,
      however, it saddens us that there has been a deafening silence from the club for so long after trying many avenues to get
      into contact with them.

We'll plod on with attempting to purchase a licence to be able to sell prints of this around the world for supporters to
      enjoy.

I would like to give thanks to members such as MsGerrard, Stuey, DLS, AussieRed, Billy(1?) for their moral support in the
      past and for some input in some info I needed for final selections for entrants on this artwork. Much appreciated.

Here's hoping Jürgen lands us No.19 down the track, then, happily we'd have to try and find a way to squeeze him into the
      painting somewhere!  ;)

You can check out our little video on the makings of it at :
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=XHo-tlXcveQ&app=desktop

Anyway, thanks for your time.
      That is top drawer  that mate,you can see the love,effort,passion & hours that has been  put into that painting just by glancing over it,sterling work to each & every one concerned & a massive pat on the back to you all.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #10: Jun 04, 2017 08:47:44 am
      I was so pleased to see Billy Liddell on the front bench,he was the Liverpool footballer I admired over all others as a young lad.Not only was he a fantastic footballer but he was so loyal to L.F.C.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      Reply #11: Jun 04, 2017 10:07:47 am
      Thank you so much Jim. Yes it definitely was a labour of love.

Billy, while Mr.Liddellpool was being drawn and painted, I couldn't help but constantly think of you, knowing you'd adore it.
      When you mentioned, a few years ago that you grew up idolising him, it really hit home with me, why we went to these lengths to have this completed. It's truly for Red nutters such as ourselves. A club of our stature and prestige really deserves this kind of celebration.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,901 posts | 4968 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #12: Jun 05, 2017 09:51:11 am

Mate I have to say that is f***in awesome, absolutely brilliant, please convey my congratulations to you and your fellow artists for such a excellent mural,

I hope our club does it justice and displays it either at the club or museum or both, well done guys fantastic work,

I love it!

YNWA
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      Reply #13: Jun 05, 2017 05:49:11 pm
      Thank you so much billythered.

We are so chuffed by how it's being received by true Reds lovers and makes it all worth while. Sad thing is, the club is not getting back to us in any shape or form and we have nearly exhausted all our avenues, either contacting them directly or through contacts.

It feels like they do not value this at all or don't care, which astonishes us as this is perfectly suited to our 125th anniversary celebrations.

Please spread the word so as many supporters see it as possible. Who knows, it may start a groundswell and cause enough noise.

Cheers
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,901 posts | 4968 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #14: Jun 05, 2017 07:58:14 pm
      Thank you so much billythered.

We are so chuffed by how it's being received by true Reds lovers and makes it all worth while. Sad thing is, the club is not getting back to us in any shape or form and we have nearly exhausted all our avenues, either contacting them directly or through contacts.

It feels like they do not value this at all or don't care, which astonishes us as this is perfectly suited to our 125th anniversary celebrations.

Please spread the word so as many supporters see it as possible. Who knows, it may start a groundswell and cause enough noise.

Cheers

Have you thought about perhaps posting it on fb, maybe you have already if so please ignore my ignorance, also, is it possible to have a banner made? I'm sure there are ppl who could possibly help with this perhaps even on these boards, wouldn't it be fantastic seeing it on the Kop on a match day,

I must admit I'm concerned that the club don't even recognise your efforts, considering its in celebration of our illustrious 125yr history, I hope you persist with contacting the club, they cant ignore you forever, have you tried lfctv ? I reckon that could be a way in, no harm in trying ?

Wish you all the best mate.

YNWA

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #15: Jun 05, 2017 11:24:30 pm
      I reckon a direct appeal to Robbie Fowler could be the way in to the decision makers at Anfield. Robbie has seen the painting and at the end of the day he is a RED through and through just like we are.Come on L.F.C. and Fenway get off your arses and support this tremendous piece of work .
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      Reply #16: Jun 06, 2017 07:14:14 am

Have you thought about perhaps posting it on fb, maybe you have already if so please ignore my ignorance, also, is it possible to have a banner made? I'm sure there are ppl who could possibly help with this perhaps even on these boards, wouldn't it be fantastic seeing it on the Kop on a match day,

I must admit I'm concerned that the club don't even recognise your efforts, considering its in celebration of our illustrious 125yr history, I hope you persist with contacting the club, they cant ignore you forever, have you tried lfctv ? I reckon that could be a way in, no harm in trying ?

Wish you all the best mate.

YNWA

Thanks so much billy. Yeah we've tried everything and working through all the contacts within the club, on twitter with players, ex legends, Robbie's manager who did tell us to contact him when finished cos Robbie was very impressed.

We won't give up, and plodding on but it's deflating that for quite a while now, no response whatsover which really has me perplexed.

The banner idea is cool and very left field. The material used for the banned here would probably be too thick, like a canvas. Would probably be too heavy.

On a side note, the owner/ manager of Carraghers Pub in New York has requested a half sized banner to mount on the wall there which would be pleasing to have regulars enjoy it.

Cheers mate.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      Reply #17: Jun 06, 2017 07:20:57 am
      I reckon a direct appeal to Robbie Fowler could be the way in to the decision makers at Anfield. Robbie has seen the painting and at the end of the day he is a RED through and through just like we are.Come on L.F.C. and Fenway get off your arses and support this tremendous piece of work .

Thanks for that Billy. We've contacted Robbie through twitter and his manager and still waiting.
      I think we'll just press on and hope for a breakthrough.

If any Reds supporters on this forum with connections to influential people connected to the club( and i remember reading about some in the past) please spread the word good folk.

You're a gem Billy The First  ;D  :hug:

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #18: Jun 06, 2017 08:15:58 am
      I have waited eagerly mate to see the results of your amazing efforts and am totally amazed at what you  and your associates have conjured up, all you need is exposure and the  Carragher bar in N.Y. is no better example.
      Hope you have the copy write sorted to protect your interests.

Well done matey top job.

P.S.  sorry to hear about your Van Gough moment that must have been maddening.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      Reply #19: Jun 06, 2017 10:50:09 am
       Van Gogh moment.......priceless  :lmao:

Thanks heaps Stuey. You've been awesome support along the journey. It's been a long road however being a Reds supporter, giving up wasn't an option.

We're taking care of all the legals and just need a break somewhere.

The person we need to talk to in regards to obtaining a licence within the club, is now away for a week.
      I'm getting good at this waiting game caper!

YNWA

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #20: Jun 08, 2017 09:42:09 pm
      Have you contacted the LFC shop in Liverpool One  to see if they would display it on loan .

Would get a few sales of the back of it.

I want me 2018  Calendar   ;D

P.S.   Can I be your agent.   ?    No Pogba is not my client  ;D

Seriously. Good luck with the legals.   
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #21: Sep 01, 2017 05:36:18 pm
      Lets have an update can we  ?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,674 posts | 6686 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #22: Sep 02, 2017 02:41:42 am
      That's F***ing brilliant, mate. Forgot all about it till you sent me the PM ( which I will reply too soon).

They should be honoured to have that hanging around Anfield or even Melwood.

You should be very proud mate.

Quick Reply