Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of September and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W16 D3 L7

Jarell Quansah Player Thread (D)

Read 15552 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,674 posts | 3024 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Jarell Quansah Player Thread (D)
      Reply #138: May 21, 2024 11:36:04 am
      Can be outstanding and now getting an England call up

Wow hadnt heard that, great for him but I hate national teams getting hands on our young players
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #139: May 21, 2024 11:43:04 am
      Wheres the bar for this kid, how good can he be?

He'll go onto be a very good player, have my doubts if he'll ever be world class as he does seem to have a mistake in him every other game and he's been left exposed for pace/positionally a number of times & this was in the Europa league.....then again I've never thought the likes of Stones or Cahill were either, if he can reach those levels then we've got a player on our hands.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,889 posts | 3004 
      Reply #140: May 21, 2024 11:59:24 am
      Wheres the bar for this kid, how good can he be?

The ceiling is pretty high for him. Raw of course but some of his performances were top class.

I think he ended up playing a bit too much this season but it was the circumstances. Konate made of glass, Matip out for the season and Gomez having to fill in elsewhere.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,854 posts | 3793 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #141: Jun 07, 2024 08:59:29 am
      Get some rest because I think he will be the first team defender if he impresses the new boss.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #142: Jun 07, 2024 09:25:12 am
      If we don't sign a new CB (unlikely we don't) then Quansah has done enough to keep his place partnering Virgil. There isn't anyone better a young CB can learn his trade from.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 548 
      Reply #143: Aug 19, 2024 12:56:07 pm
      Did a bit of sulking did Jarrell on Saturday from getting the half time hook. Reaction motionless when Jota scored.

Young lad so we can let it go but Team > Individual.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,595 posts | 1728 
      Reply #144: Aug 19, 2024 02:32:40 pm
      If we don't sign a new CB (unlikely we don't) then Quansah has done enough to keep his place partnering Virgil. There isn't anyone better a young CB can learn his trade from.

Depends on the game and also Ibou fitness whether he deserves to start or not. If you want TAA to be more advanced it's Ibou all day
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #145: Aug 19, 2024 02:39:39 pm
      Depends on the game and also Ibou fitness whether he deserves to start or not. If you want TAA to be more advanced it's Ibou all day

Really hoping we just stop messing about and sign a new CB tbh, safe to say this summer isn't mapping out anywhere near as we anticipated.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,850 posts | 1889 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #146: Aug 19, 2024 02:47:28 pm
      Slot was right to get konate on. Tactically spot on.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,889 posts | 3004 
      Reply #147: Aug 19, 2024 03:12:32 pm
      At the moment with Trent getting forward Konate suits us better with his pace and the fact he’s more comfortable being forced to defend out wide.

Quansah should be the understudy to Virgil at LCB for now.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,595 posts | 1728 
      Reply #148: Aug 19, 2024 03:31:30 pm
      Really hoping we just stop messing about and sign a new CB tbh, safe to say this summer isn't mapping out anywhere near as we anticipated.

You would think so wouldn't you especially ifJoe goes.its an absolute must . Can't see SVB being here also.so no way we go with three simply won't happen
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,651 posts | 784 
      Reply #149: Aug 23, 2024 08:11:18 pm
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,166 posts | 584 
      Reply #150: Aug 23, 2024 08:30:23 pm
      Interesting. I didn't see the game so didn't comment but I did think what Slot said sounded a bit harsh on Quansah. However Jarell seems like a confident lad and probably wouldn't be too affected.

From that, and this, interview it sounds like Arne is prepared to be fairly open with the fans and try and honestly explain why he makes a call, even if it slightly makes a player look bad.

You've got to be a bit careful doing that but it can work with some players. Be interesting to see his post match comments over the next few games.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,138 posts | 5153 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #151: Aug 23, 2024 09:25:13 pm
      Interesting. I didn't see the game so didn't comment but I did think what Slot said sounded a bit harsh on Quansah. However Jarell seems like a confident lad and probably wouldn't be too affected.

From that, and this, interview it sounds like Arne is prepared to be fairly open with the fans and try and honestly explain why he makes a call, even if it slightly makes a player look bad.

You've got to be a bit careful doing that but it can work with some players. Be interesting to see his post match comments over the next few games.

Yh maybe but I’d imagine he would have spoken with Jarell before he spoke with the media, so Jarell would understood better why he was hooked, it wasn’t because he made a mistake or two it was to nullify their threat !!

YNWA
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,801 posts | 922 
      Reply #152: Aug 23, 2024 09:46:19 pm
      As I understand it the boss felt the whole team were under par for the first half, especially when competing in duels. His judgement was that Jarell was losing far too many and this was a concern that needed to be addressed. He could have had a word with him at half time in an effort to make him more effective, or he could replace him. These are the tough calls that managers make....the 3 points were his primary focus and he felt the change gave us the best chance of winning the game. It may seem harsh on Jarell, but he will learn from it...we all learn from setbacks, they act as motivation to do better. He's a very young player and it's no bad thing for him to realise it's not all plain sailing....He's a talent and he'll be OK.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,674 posts | 3024 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #153: Aug 24, 2024 09:23:34 am
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,522 posts | 3513 
      Reply #154: Sep 07, 2024 04:17:15 pm
      Won the man of the match award for England U-21s last night against Northern Ireland.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,306 posts | 7313 
      Reply #155: Sep 08, 2024 10:52:23 am
      Give. Virgil 2 year contract and let him learn alongside the master he is our future
      Kurt Cocaine
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,128 posts | 203 
      Reply #156: Sep 09, 2024 09:48:45 am
      This is the attitude of a potential Liverpool legend...

Jarell Quansah:

“If I’m starting for Liverpool [One day] I’ll have to be one of the best centre-backs in Europe.

It’s always been the goal since I was young, I’ve always wanted to be the best in the world in my position and so I’m striving for that and it doesn’t matter how long it takes.”

Quick Reply