Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 575820 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #2208: Jan 25, 2020 01:27:34 pm
      Come on Don’t be so precious, We’re all adults so I’m sure we can all take it if someone says your opinion is wrong, or daft or stupid or whatever.

As for the aren’t we brilliant everything is hunky dori bit well for once it actually is and it’s unlikely it ever will be this good again. If ever there was a time for all reds to just sit back and admire the team and stop picking faults in one of our best players then surely this was it?

That's when Scousers get bored and start taking the piss out of each other.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2209: Jan 25, 2020 01:35:01 pm
      Salah is still my favourite player in the team, but sometimes his inability to pass is infuriating to me as a spectator, I am not calling for him to be dropped or anything of the sort, just appreciate it could annoy teammates. Same way playing alongside CR7 could be annoying at times, just ask Bale.

Our front three is a lot more prolific when they get their heads up and try to find each other.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2210: Jan 25, 2020 02:08:42 pm
      This Salah agenda is getting really F***ing tiresome.

The media narrative is really being pushed strongly.

And that's all it is; a media narrative.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #2211: Jan 25, 2020 02:16:11 pm
      This Salah agenda is getting really f**king tiresome.

I'll be honest, my take on this is purely from watching the games myself. The media agenda means nothing because if you look at Salah's comments in an interview he always says the right things and makes clear he always puts the team ahead of his own personal goals.

To simply suggest all this is is a media agenda is nonsense because at the end of the day one of our own players actively showed frustration towards Mo, it's not a problem at the moment but to pretend it isn't happening at all and is all propaganda from the media is a bit silly.

Some players are greedy, it's not news.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Reply #2212: Jan 25, 2020 02:21:35 pm
      This Salah agenda is getting really F***ing tiresome.

I'd just say to everyone stop being so F***ing precious. You can call what you see at the match you know and that is that Salah sometimes wastes chances when other players are better positions. That's happened throughout the decades of football, just that the side of social media has created an extra vacuum of F***ing idiots who've never been near a football ground and now feel their view is just as important.

Also those on here saying different to what you and Lallana in Pjamas are saying still love Salah, we just have a different view of his game.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 455 
      Reply #2213: Jan 25, 2020 02:24:21 pm
      This Salah agenda is getting really f**king tiresome.

Yeh it has been too long to have a negative to write about us so they trying very hard to find something.   Kane is the greediest striker in the league doesn't even get a mention,  they all do it Augero, sterling and vardy, but somehow Salah is the greedy one.  A bit like when he was considered a diver last season. 

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #2214: Jan 25, 2020 02:36:31 pm
      I'd just say to everyone stop being so f**king precious. You can call what you see at the match you know and that is that Salah sometimes wastes chances when other players are better positions. That's happened throughout the decades of football, just that the side of social media has created an extra vacuum of f**king idiots who've never been near a football ground and now feel their view is just as important.

Also those on here saying different to what you and Lallana in Pjamas are saying still love Salah, we just have a different view of his game.

Only issue I have is with that Internet Fan Heimdall - he is exactly how he was on a previous forum - he finds the opposite opinion and uses it to go against the grain

I can see how Mo can annoy a few because of his greed and it’s close to an an agenda being driven on places like Talkshite - but Mane at times is just as bad and Bobby has his moments - I don’t care as long as we keep winning , and I have no doubt that if we weren’t winning then Mo and co would be passing etc

Heimdall just takes it to the extreme with talk of happy to sell and replace him
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Reply #2215: Jan 25, 2020 02:40:29 pm

Only issue I have is with that Internet Fan Heimdall - he is exactly how he was on a previous forum - he finds the opposite opinion and uses it to go against the grain

I can see how Mo can annoy a few because of his greed and it’s close to an an agenda being driven on places like Talkshite - but Mane at times is just as bad and Bobby has his moments - I don’t care as long as we keep winning , and I have no doubt that if we weren’t winning then Mo and co would be passing etc

Heimdall just takes it to the extreme with talk of happy to sell and replace him

Fair enough on that one haha can't argue with that :laugh:

Tbh most of what I've been chatting with you is the same sort of stuff we'd be talking about in a pub after the game etc, none of us want shut of the lad, look at the celebrations after his goal last week, we know what that meant to him, we're just talking about his game.

But yeah some people like taking it to the extreme!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2216: Jan 25, 2020 02:46:13 pm
      I'll be honest, my take on this is purely from watching the games myself. The media agenda means nothing because if you look at Salah's comments in an interview he always says the right things and makes clear he always puts the team ahead of his own personal goals.

To simply suggest all this is is a media agenda is nonsense because at the end of the day one of our own players actively showed frustration towards Mo, it's not a problem at the moment but to pretend it isn't happening at all and is all propaganda from the media is a bit silly.

Some players are greedy, it's not news.

Mate, ever since Mane had his strop, the media, and this means in game commentators as well, have done nothing but bang on about it.
      Every, single, F***ing match when there's an English commentator, it gets brought up.

Salah is no different than Firmino, or Mane, both of whom have passed up chances to pass, and gone for goal themselves.
      Does that get mentioned with such regularity?
      Does it F**k.

The revolting right wing press in England always, but ALWAYS try to create negative narratives around LFC, and they have done ever since the City fu**ed off the shitrag.
      This is just another one, and if it wasn't Salah, they'd target another player, because that's what they do, along with the obligatory love ins for Man U, Man C and Kane (he's one of yer own y'know).

So to suggest there is no media narrative, is to me, extremely naive, given how many there have been over the years.

Salah could pass every time, then they'd bash him for not scoring enough.

This is how it goes.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Reply #2217: Jan 25, 2020 02:50:52 pm
      The revolting right wing press in England always, but ALWAYS try to create negative narratives around LFC, and they have done ever since the City fu**ed off the shitrag.
      This is just another one, and if it wasn't Salah, they'd target another player, because that's what they do, along with the obligatory love ins for Man U, Man C and Kane (he's one of yer own y'know).

So to suggest there is no media narrative, is to me, extremely naive, given how many there have been over the years.

Ignorance is bliss sometimes ;)
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #2218: Jan 25, 2020 03:04:37 pm
      Mate, ever since Mane had his strop, the media, and this means in game commentators as well, have done nothing but bang on about it.
      Every, single, f**king match when there's an English commentator, it gets brought up.

Salah is no different than Firmino, or Mane, both of whom have passed up chances to pass, and gone for goal themselves.
      Does that get mentioned with such regularity?
      Does it f**k.

Salah could pass every time, then they'd bash him for not scoring enough.

This is how it goes.

I didn't say there wasn't a media narrative/agenda, all I was saying was it has no bearing on my opinion and is irrelevant because if you look at the words Mo says as he goes against said narrative.

There is no doubt Salah is the greediest player in our team and like I said that is fine we will always have greedy players in the game, some of the greats were successful based on their greed.

I am fully aware of the agenda against LFC and Salah more recently BUT this shouldn't come into a conversation amongst Liverpool fans debating him, whether he is greedy or not, whether he should pass or not in certain situations is there for all to see.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2219: Jan 25, 2020 03:07:07 pm
      So no other forward could replace him, come on that's rubbish and you know it

All well and good saying that and although the club could hypothetically sell him and replace him with Mbappe, although Mbappe is also at that top level, there is no guarantee he would slot into this team as well as Salah, or that the team would bring the best out of his game like it does with Salah.

We’ve seen plenty of times in the past that the club or management thought they could replace a key player but it’s spectacularly failed. Just look how the loss of Xabi Alonso cost us, thinking we could replace him with Gareth Barry and then Aquilani. That was the start of some dark times for the club on the pitch and it took us until only the last couple of years to really move on from that.

Getting rid of one player, thinking you can replace him with equal/better ability isn’t as easy as it sounds and I can’t think of a forward who would fit into the front 3 alongside Mane and Bobby and seamlessly as what Mo does.

It’s vital we keep all 3 of them at the club for years to come and any other top players that arrive are signed to play with them, not replace them.

We went through a spell thinking we could upgrade on Kuyt, Maxi, Alonso, Pepe, Agger etc etc and it played a part in us falling into a horrific position that took time to recover from and resulted in years of nothingness. Mo not passing from time to time is no reason to start taking that gamble again when the club is now in arguably the best position it has ever been in. You have to go back a long time to when we were this dominant across world football. Why try and fix something that isn’t broken?
      « Last Edit: Jan 25, 2020 03:11:47 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2220: Jan 25, 2020 04:23:30 pm
      I didn't say there wasn't a media narrative/agenda, all I was saying was it has no bearing on my opinion and is irrelevant because if you look at the words Mo says as he goes against said narrative.

There is no doubt Salah is the greediest player in our team and like I said that is fine we will always have greedy players in the game, some of the greats were successful based on their greed.

I am fully aware of the agenda against LFC and Salah more recently BUT this shouldn't come into a conversation amongst Liverpool fans debating him, whether he is greedy or not, whether he should pass or not in certain situations is there for all to see.

He's no "greedier" than any of our other forwards.
      That's the media narrative in action, right there.

They all do it; he's no worse than any of the others.

There's also the fact that he's so one footed.
      He probably wouldn't have made the pass the other night, because it was on his right foot.
      That's a major problem for a left footer playing on the right; defenders try to stop him cutting in on his left, because it effectively stops the move.

I just don't buy into this "greedy" thing, he's no worse than any of our other forwards.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #2221: Jan 25, 2020 04:44:30 pm

Only issue I have is with that Internet Fan Heimdall - he is exactly how he was on a previous forum - he finds the opposite opinion and uses it to go against the grain.

Same Heimdall as the one on the official website forum..Sorry Newkit 😎

Postby stmichael » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:53 pm
      aCe' wrote:

he's an idiot and a wind up merchant. is that plain enough for you?

anybody who posts in the s*n thread asking why the resentment is so bad between that rag and lfc supporters and asks to be "educated" is clearly on a windup
      « Last Edit: Jan 25, 2020 04:51:27 pm by Shabs »
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #2222: Jan 25, 2020 04:50:17 pm

He probably wouldn't have made the pass the other night, because it was on his right foot.
      That's a major problem for a left footer playing on the right; defenders try to stop him cutting in on his left, because it effectively stops the move.

I just don't buy into this "greedy" thing, he's no worse than any of our other forwards.

Ah ok, it's clearer to me now why we can't agree here. I simply think he is greedier than the other two but I guess that could also be down to the fact he gets into more goalscoring scenarios than the other two.

Being predominantly left-footed is a good point as well, when comparing the three it is fair to say his weaker foot is the worst, so never thought about it like that, so fair enough.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #2223: Jan 25, 2020 04:52:30 pm

aCe' wrote:

anybody who posts in the s*n thread asking why the resentment is so bad between that rag and lfc supporters and asks to be "educated" is clearly on a windup

Yes I believe it’s the same Heimdall that was on Newkit and was a troll
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2224: Jan 25, 2020 06:14:57 pm
      Ah ok, it's clearer to me now why we can't agree here. I simply think he is greedier than the other two but I guess that could also be down to the fact he gets into more goalscoring scenarios than the other two.

Being predominantly left-footed is a good point as well, when comparing the three it is fair to say his weaker foot is the worst, so never thought about it like that, so fair enough.

Pretty much mate.

"Greed" wasn't an issue when he was banging them in, but because he's not scoring as many it's suddenly become one.

To me, he's playing no different than he's ever done, he's just not getting the breaks in front of goal.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2225: Jan 25, 2020 06:16:23 pm

aCe' wrote:

That's about as low as it gets for any supposed Liverpool fan.

Scummy, to say the least.

You have to wonder how sad someone is if they join LFC forums just to try and wind people up.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #2226: Jan 25, 2020 06:47:26 pm
      Pretty much mate.

"Greed" wasn't an issue when he was banging them in, but because he's not scoring as many it's suddenly become one.

To me, he's playing no different than he's ever done, he's just not getting the breaks in front of goal.

Yeah, that is probably true, that season when every shot led to a goal you just wouldn't remember the misses as much, so him being greedy never actually cropped up.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2227: Jan 25, 2020 09:52:04 pm

Damned either way. People forget that Mane managed only 3 assists in the league last season where as Salah had around 12. Yet last season the same thing was being said.

Salah could have 20 assists this season, go a game where he takes an extra shot or 2 instead of passing it and the greed thing will come about again.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,268 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2228: Jan 26, 2020 03:47:52 pm
      Even though Salah isn't playing well he causes so much panic other players get more time, freedom
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2229: Jan 26, 2020 04:40:55 pm

He is much greedier than Mane and Bobby, if you can't see that then it's pointless discussing it further.
      BTW a selfish player is a huge problem as you miss out on goals and can create disharmony in the team.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #2230: Jan 26, 2020 05:04:27 pm
      He is much greedier than Mane and Bobby, if you can't see that then it's pointless discussing it further.
      BTW a selfish player is a huge problem as you miss out on goals and can create disharmony in the team.

Stop talking sh*te - there is no problem with the team in regards disharmony

Quick Reply