Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 583745 times
      bmck and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,878 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)
      Reply #6118: Apr 01, 2024 10:54:17 pm
      Was frustrated AF with Mo but what a sublime, clinical winner that was from our Egyptian King. Always, always. always a threat, no matter what.

I'm not gonna feel sorry at all for Sheffield United this week.

Mo had 12 shots for 1 goal and looked rustier then I have ever seen him before. With that game out of the way, look out Sheffield, think Mo might want a double hat-trick! Maybe a triple hat trick. F**k it, let's go 10.  ;D
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #6119: Apr 02, 2024 09:29:36 am
      Was frustrated AF with Mo but what a sublime, clinical winner that was from our Egyptian King. Always, always. always a threat, no matter what.

I'm not gonna feel sorry at all for Sheffield United this week.

Mo had 12 shots for 1 goal and looked rustier then I have ever seen him before. With that game out of the way, look out Sheffield, think Mo might want a double hat-trick! Maybe a triple hat trick. F**k it, let's go 10.  ;D

Even after 7 years of greatness and consistency there is no middle ground with some on here with Mo.

He scores he is the king. He misses a few, scuffs some or shoots instead of crossing and hes fcuking sh*t. Funny really.

At the end of the day, when it matters i'd take him to deliver the goods when it matters over the other 2 currently making up the front 3, every single time. He delivers when it matters more than any player we have and more often.

All that said, id love to see Jota back.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,596 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6120: Apr 02, 2024 09:40:57 am
      That was the longest time mo has ever been injured, he was never gonna at his best straight away.

But tell u this, when he clicks someone is gonna get a doing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #6121: Apr 02, 2024 03:57:06 pm
      He's set such a high standard that he gets judged harshly even when he's playing well.

I was frustrated with him a little at Brighton but still I'm telling myself...it doesn't matter because you have to have him on the pitch because at any minute he produces a bit of magic. Sure enough. That's why he's one of the best in the world. He can be sh*t (by his standards) for 89 minutes and it only takes 1 minute for him to change a game.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,008 posts | 225 
      Reply #6122: Apr 04, 2024 09:56:30 pm
      Looked pissed coming off as a sub
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 819 posts | 139 
      Reply #6123: Apr 04, 2024 09:58:21 pm
      Good. Release the Egyptian lion on Sunday.....
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #6124: Apr 04, 2024 10:09:13 pm

I don’t blame him, it was quite early, we needed a goal and he’s our best goal threat. Hopefully the mancs are in the receiving end this Sunday.yet admit I didn’t want him to come off this evening but whadda I know!
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 303 
      Reply #6125: Apr 04, 2024 10:28:08 pm
      I don’t blame him, it was quite early, we needed a goal and he’s our best goal threat. Hopefully the mancs are in the receiving end this Sunday.yet admit I didn’t want him to come off this evening but whadda I know!

He's still fasting,  possibly still not 100% recovered from the injury and the important game is on Sunday. In hindsight, now that we have won the game against Shef UTD it's a good decision. At the time I thought it was a bit risky and understandable that he was a bit irritated.
      rossyred

• 9,312 posts | 1671 
      Reply #6126: Apr 04, 2024 10:42:59 pm

Competition for places hardly set the game alight no one is immune from being subbed
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,758 posts | 863 
      Reply #6127: Apr 04, 2024 10:56:35 pm
      Knowing Mo, this can only be a good thing. He'll let it all out on UTD.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,462 posts | 822 
      Reply #6128: Apr 04, 2024 11:11:25 pm
      He's an absolute legend ....but it's not clicking for him at the moment, all players have dips in form, any slight drop off is greatly magnified due to his normal standard being so high....Form is temporary class is permanent.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #6129: Apr 05, 2024 12:19:34 am
      People need to understand he is fasting which is having a big impact

He won’t have the same energy levels or sharpness, simple as that. You can see his pressing has dropped off but the team has planned around it

I was surprised he started today

I can’t imagine how he has the energy to keep playing these games, I know struggle to exercise until after I’ve broken my fast
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Reply #6130: Apr 05, 2024 12:27:18 am
      People need to understand he is fasting which is having a big impact

He won’t have the same energy levels or sharpness, simple as that.

We can't afford to carry passengers at this stage of the season.  He's fasted before at Liverpool and been a beast so that's a pithy excuse.

Jota's return will be interesting.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,102 posts | 217 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #6131: Apr 05, 2024 12:59:06 am

Funny that, if anything I was watching expecting him to be more pissed than he showed. Can’t remember the game now but it was hardly when he ripped the tape from his wrists and repeatedly threw it aggressively to the floor as he strutted off.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #6132: Apr 05, 2024 07:38:49 am
      We can't afford to carry passengers at this stage of the season.  He's fasted before at Liverpool and been a beast so that's a pithy excuse.

Jota's return will be interesting.

I agree he shouldn’t be starting until the fasting period is over

He is getting older and when you have no food or drinks from around 4:25am ish, you’re going to lack that bit of extra pace or sharpness

Regardless I would still play him for about 60 mins per game because he is still our best goal scorer

Btw mid week next week, fasting is over so mo will be back to his best
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,596 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6133: Apr 05, 2024 07:47:54 am
      Of course he was pissed getting subbed.

But he's a top pro, will just use it as motivation v mancs.

And we won, subs played well, so he can't argue about it.

Still finding his match fitness/sharpness anyway.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,215 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6134: Apr 05, 2024 08:37:20 am
      He's still fasting,  possibly still not 100% recovered from the injury and the important game is on Sunday. In hindsight, now that we have won the game against Shef UTD it's a good decision. At the time I thought it was a bit risky and understandable that he was a bit irritated.

Well at least one fan reads the situation right 😂👏 It more than makes sense. 🙂
      Harrisimo

• 8,391 posts | 1422 
      Reply #6135: Apr 05, 2024 11:23:39 am
      Still a force and coming inside, get a yard or two of space, ready for the quick threaded ball by Mac or whoever. We know he doesn't do his madcap mazzy runs so much these days but still a top player well worth his place. A must against mid table United.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #6136: Apr 05, 2024 02:44:54 pm
      Still a force and coming inside, get a yard or two of space, ready for the quick threaded ball by Mac or whoever. We know he doesn't do his madcap mazzy runs so much these days but still a top player well worth his place. A must against mid table United.

Guessing that's why he got hooked...saving him for this weekend. Also they did wall last night to limit the balls into Salah...seemed like they were ok with Diaz getting the lion's share of possession (makes sense). Ok tactic till Darwin decided to get all crazy and block that kick into goal ;D
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 1226 
      Reply #6137: Apr 05, 2024 03:07:01 pm
      Hopefully this Sunday marks the feast! I think he's going to batter someone fairly soon
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #6138: Apr 05, 2024 04:34:22 pm
      Three goals in the three games prior to yesterday.

And wasn't far away from making it four in four against Sheff Utd. An extra bit of height on the lob attempt or a little less height on the effort that he just whipped over then he'd have had his 23rd goal of the season.

We've got some problems, mainly keeping clean sheets, but Mo Salah isn't one of them.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #6139: Apr 05, 2024 05:08:12 pm
      Three goals in the three games prior to yesterday.

And wasn't far away from making it four in four against Sheff Utd. An extra bit of height on the lob attempt or a little less height on the effort that he just whipped over then he'd have had his 23rd goal of the season.

We've got some problems, mainly keeping clean sheets, but Mo Salah isn't one of them.

This all day.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,878 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6140: Apr 05, 2024 11:20:48 pm

So he should be looking pissed but he sure did enjoy that Mac hit. Saw his reaction on the  bench. He F***ing loved it!

Look out Mancs on Sunday. We are all coming for ya!

Quick Reply