Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 575805 times
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 981 posts | 192 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)
      Reply #6348: Apr 27, 2024 11:17:07 pm
      And who are we gonna replace Salah with then if he is sold ? Show me a goal score winger that doesn't cost over 100 million in this market? Olise is not a goal scorer, Kvara ? Kinda flopped this season. Problem if we sell him it will be hard to replace him

It's about the team. Other players will step up and take goal scoring responsibility just like when he was away with AFCON and then injured. Goals will be shared amongst the rest of the team + whoever we get to replace him.

My pick would be Bakayoko at PSV.

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,724 posts | 153 
      Reply #6349: Apr 27, 2024 11:24:14 pm
      It's about the team. Other players will step up and take goal scoring responsibility just like when he was away with AFCON and then injured. Goals will be shared amongst the rest of the team + whoever we get to replace him.

Bakayoko has no end product and we don't have clinical forwards anyway bad Jota. If salah is sold he needs to be replaced with a striker and probably move Diaz to RW.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 981 posts | 192 
      Reply #6350: Apr 27, 2024 11:33:05 pm
      Bakayoko has no end product and we don't have clinical forwards anyway bad Jota. If salah is sold he needs to be replaced with a striker and probably move Diaz to RW.

No end product? He's got 13 goals and 14 assists this season and the kids 20. You don't just find goal scoring wingers like Mane and Salah with a snap of a finger. They never reached the figures they managed at Liverpool before we signed them, we manufactured them into being that.

If you move Diaz RW then who are you putting at LW? It's pointless, Diaz plays on the left and will continue to do so.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,608 posts | 752 
      Reply #6351: Apr 28, 2024 01:51:47 am

Why would we sell our top scorer for an unknown?? What kind of backward ass logic is this? Please make it make sense
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,203 posts | 1101 
      Reply #6352: Apr 28, 2024 03:12:39 am
      Bakayoko has tons of upsides. I'd like.to see him if we brought in a TOP clinical striker. Kid creates.

With that said, the best we can so RIGHT NOW is Bowen. Versatile, Prem proven, presses, creates, and coming into his prime.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 981 posts | 192 
      Reply #6353: Apr 28, 2024 03:14:55 am
      Why would we sell our top scorer for an unknown?? What kind of backward ass logic is this? Please make it make sense

Because he’s 32 with 1 year left on his contract and on the decline. Plus he’s on 350k a week which he isn’t performing to.

We need to build for the future now and Mo isn’t part of that, the money we could get would help massively.

Bakayoko is only an unknown if you don’t follow football much, he’s a highly rated kid who’s played in the CL and gave Arsenal a real tough time. Full Belgian national too.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,714 posts | 3719 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #6354: Apr 28, 2024 06:59:44 am
      As half of us are saying, he is a legend and thank you Mo but his time is up.

We can't replace him like Klopp but we should fit a good striker (Toney or Isak) and move Darwin to the wings.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,781 posts | 891 
      Reply #6355: Apr 28, 2024 08:31:22 am
      I've said it about Salah for months. I was on the wagon before the band joined.

Can't beat a man so is half a player all match (does nothing on the wing) and doesn't show the passion and aggression required. He's done. He offers very little, wastes chances as much as anyone, barely contributes, always laughs when he screws up, and unreliable from the penalty spot.

Should have been benched months ago. Klopp realised it far too late.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,724 posts | 153 
      Reply #6356: Apr 28, 2024 08:47:28 am
      I would've loved Mitoma but it seems his injury is so bad since i haven't seen him play for Brighton for ages. Maybe Savio from Girona or Kubo are good alternatives to Salah.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 302 
      Reply #6357: Apr 28, 2024 10:04:46 am
      The club definitely have to make a decision in the summer, there will be a few things influencing this that we don't know about as outside observers. Is his current poor performance because he's not 100% fit? What is he like in training? He is getting older and slower, as others have said I think the Mo Salah who could beat players with his speed is never coming back; can he develop and change his style of play to continue creating and scoring goals?

It's been a very frustrating month. A season that looked like it would vastly exceed expectations is ending in disappointment. It's still a good season IMO, better than I expected. It's understandable that Mo, Klopp and everyone else connected to the club is frustrated and angry right now. I don't think it's a big issue that 2 very competitive and successful people express their frustration by having a public row. However, Mo needs to accept that the team is more important than Mo Salah, no one should expect to have 30 mins as a sub or a starting place in the team solely on who they are and what they did in the past. The manager picks the team, if you are not playing well you sit on the bench or are dropped from the squad.

I think that the AFCON  is probably still affecting him, emotionally more than physically. He's always talked about how important that tournament is for him and I think he's probably realised that he will never win it. I'd be ok if he signs a 2 year extension, probably at a reduced wage and tries to play at the highest level until the next AFCON but I think he will probably leave in the summer.
      « Last Edit: Apr 28, 2024 10:12:11 am by gazred »
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 428 
      Reply #6358: Apr 28, 2024 10:36:38 am
      Bowen has the Jota vibe in that he finds way to score goals without looking dazzling on the eye.

Mo has been a huge part of Jurgens success and I'm sure it works both ways. I hope they can bury it and part on good terms.

The football is over really now so the most important thing this era can now achieve is to end the journey together rather than apart.

Wasn't happy with how it all ended with Hendo. It should have been a beautiful farewell. I hope we can say thankyou and goodbye to Jürgen, Mo and whoever else opts to leave this summer without the factions.

Would love to see the band back together in 10 years time for a charity game.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,724 posts | 153 
      Reply #6359: Apr 28, 2024 11:28:24 am
      Not gonna lie I'm not ready to part ways with Salah. I still believe in him, which might shock people since I'm known to be negative in this forum  :lmao:
      DanMann

• 5,781 posts | 891 
      Reply #6360: Apr 28, 2024 12:47:27 pm
      Seen more footage after and before the game.

Bench him for the rest of the season. He doesn't deserve another minute. We've got nothing to lose anyway.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,039 posts | 537 
      Reply #6361: Apr 28, 2024 12:50:12 pm
      If we sell Mo we are going to need 2 players to replace him - a winger and a goal scorer. (With Jota so injury prone we probably need a goal scorer even if we don't sell Mo.)

I'd go for Olisse as the winger, class player. The goal scorer is tricky, there's really very few top class natural strikers around these days. Chavs, Mancs, even Arsenal having to compromise in that position. Toney or Isak probably the best candidates. Like them both. But Mo's goals will be hard to replace whoever comes in.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 981 posts | 192 
      Reply #6362: Apr 28, 2024 01:11:18 pm
      Not gonna lie I'm not ready to part ways with Salah. I still believe in him, which might shock people since I'm known to be negative in this forum  :lmao:

At this point believing in Mo, especially after his little petty rant, is a negative.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #6363: Apr 28, 2024 01:15:03 pm

Bench him for the rest of the season. He doesn't deserve another minute. We've got nothing to lose anyway.

Would say stop reacting to click bait media

Klopp was very clear that it was all sorted now and we move on
      « Last Edit: Apr 28, 2024 02:52:32 pm by Lallana in Pyjamas »
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,724 posts | 153 
      Reply #6364: Apr 28, 2024 01:55:20 pm

De bruyne argues with Pep all the time and you don't see the media doing this drama.

Milner argued with Klopp before against the same team.

Stop believing clickbaity sh*t, Mo is competitive and was just frustrated it happens
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,203 posts | 1101 
      Reply #6365: Apr 28, 2024 02:17:17 pm
      If we sell Mo we are going to need 2 players to replace him - a winger and a goal scorer. (With Jota so injury prone we probably need a goal scorer even if we don't sell Mo.)

I'd go for Olisse as the winger, class player. The goal scorer is tricky, there's really very few top class natural strikers around these days. Chavs, Mancs, even Arsenal having to compromise in that position. Toney or Isak probably the best candidates. Like them both. But Mo's goals will be hard to replace whoever comes in.
      Do we have a buy back clause on Solanke?
      DanMann

• 5,781 posts | 891 
      Reply #6366: Apr 28, 2024 02:24:56 pm
      Woold say stop reacting to click bait media

Klopp was very clear that it was all sorted now and we move on

I didn't mention media. I mentioned footage.

You can ignore the footage, his attitude, and his disrespect. I won't. The lad can do one
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #6367: Apr 28, 2024 02:26:50 pm
      I didn't mention media. I mentioned footage.

You can ignore the footage, his attitude, and his disrespect. I won't. The lad can do one

Who showed you the footage 🙄

Let me guess - a media report

And let me guess it’s the footage of them once the final whistle goes not saying anything to one another for a fleeting second

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Reply #6368: Apr 28, 2024 02:37:42 pm

Felt the same way about Mane, see as he was a better all round player than Mo.

If the saudi's are willing to pay, rinse them
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,608 posts | 752 
      Reply #6369: Apr 28, 2024 02:47:01 pm
      Because he’s 32 with 1 year left on his contract and on the decline. Plus he’s on 350k a week which he isn’t performing to.

He's "ON THE DECLINE" Yet he's our Top Scorer (24 goals).

He's "On the decline" yet he's our 2nd top assists.

How can you claim he's "on the decline" when he's CLEARLY our best attacking player??

The facts simply do not match your feelings.

We should not be selling our best players and speculatively buying other players to replace them. We should be strengthening our squad not making it weaker

Who cares if he's 32.

This is FSG Brainwashing at its finest.

He's clearly still a world class player. Luka Modric is 39. If you're good enough youre good enough.
      DanMann

• 5,781 posts | 891 
      Reply #6370: Apr 28, 2024 02:50:55 pm
      Who showed you the footage 🙄

Let me guess - a media report

And let me guess it’s the footage of them once the final whistle goes not saying anything to one another for a fleeting second

Let me guess.. you used the internet to post to this forum.

Quick Reply