Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 577032 times
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 192 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)
      Reply #6394: Apr 28, 2024 05:38:09 pm
      Also we wouldn't be replacing Salah at his peak (like we had to do with Torres/Suarez), it's this unrecognizable version that fans are happy to see go.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,161 posts | 3469 
      Reply #6395: Apr 28, 2024 05:43:19 pm
      I totally agree with you. People, we are not saying that he's not good. He is a legend but if he does not sign up, sell him and try to buy Toney, Wirst or Isak.

Yep spot on

If he signs a new contract and stays then it’s not an issue
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,714 posts | 3719 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #6396: Apr 28, 2024 05:47:43 pm
      Yep spot on

If he signs a new contract and stays then it’s not an issue

Exactly, if he signs, I would give another year and evaluate him accordingly.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,608 posts | 752 
      Reply #6397: Apr 28, 2024 05:50:19 pm
      No player is irreplaceable, and that includes Salah.

In the 8 games (across all comps) he missed while he was gone at AFCON we scored 22 goals.

In the 9 league games he’s played since AFCON, he has 2 goals from open play. That’s it.

That is poor regardless of what he has done in the past.

At 32yo before start of next season, with only 1 yr left on his contract, it makes perfect sense exploring a transfer.

You set up an unattainable scenario where only certain types of goals count and a player has to maintain their best form at all parts of the season, even if the rest of the team is lacking, otherwise we should sell them.

Do you not see how ridiculous that is?

It doesn't make 'perfect sense' selling your best attacker, who has a bad run of form, while the team is playing badly and has gone 9 games without a clean sheet.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,161 posts | 3469 
      Reply #6398: Apr 28, 2024 05:52:10 pm
      You set up an unattainable scenario where only certain types of goals count and a player has to maintain their best form at all parts of the season, even if the rest of the team is lacking, otherwise we should sell them.

Do you not see how ridiculous that is?

It doesn't make 'perfect sense' selling your best attacker, who has a bad run of form, while the team is playing badly and has gone 9 games without a clean sheet.

Simple question for you - what do you do if he doesn’t sign a new contract
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,608 posts | 752 
      Reply #6399: Apr 28, 2024 05:53:45 pm
      I totally agree with you. People, we are not saying that he's not good. He is a legend but if he does not sign up, sell him and try to buy Toney, Wirst or Isak.

Ivan toney will be 29 next season.

In 2 season he will be "On the decline" by the logic of this thread. Y'all are putting zero thought into it. Just emotions ;D
      « Last Edit: Apr 28, 2024 06:04:40 pm by PastorGeek »
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,231 posts | 1223 
      Reply #6400: Apr 28, 2024 05:56:42 pm
      His output over the course of the season speaks for itself but at the same time every player has a shelf-life and his form lately has been poor. Much depends on Mo. If he feels the end of Jürgen's reign would be a natural time for him to leave I'm sure we could get a decent offer. It would leave us with big shoes to fill and one we must absolutely get right given the question marks over our other forwards.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,608 posts | 752 
      Reply #6401: Apr 28, 2024 06:04:02 pm

Now youre moving the goal posts. No one said sell him if he doesnt sign the contract. Thats a fundamentally different conversation.

Y'all said sell him, because "he's crap", he's "on the decline", he "only scores tap ins and penalties", he's 32 (he's actually 31) and he's on 350k a week (Not your money anyways. No American mega capitalist like JW Henry is going to pay someone this money unless they were bringing in far more than this amount)
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,161 posts | 3469 
      Reply #6402: Apr 28, 2024 06:18:38 pm
      Now youre moving the goal posts. No one said sell him if he doesnt sign the contract. Thats a fundamentally different conversation.

Y'all said sell him, because "he's crap", he's "on the decline", he "only scores tap ins and penalties", he's 32 (he's actually 31) and he's on 350k a week (Not your money anyways. No American mega capitalist like JW Henry is going to pay someone this money unless they were bringing in far more than this amount)

Think you are not reading what everyone is posting and it’s certainly not what I’m saying

People will overreact but a decision in regards Salah will be made in the summer and he may well be sold
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,205 posts | 1101 
      Reply #6403: Apr 28, 2024 06:58:07 pm
      You sale Salah because it's good business. Plain and simple.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,608 posts | 752 
      Reply #6404: Apr 28, 2024 07:41:53 pm

Think you are not reading what everyone is posting and it’s certainly not what I’m saying

People will overreact but a decision in regards Salah will be made in the summer and he may well be sold

I think we should offer him a 3 year contract. He's by far our best attacker, very experienced, is rarely injured compared to the rest of the squad, and with a new manager coming in he will be important to the squad.

He keeps himself very physically fit so i don't see why he can't play at the top level till 34/35. He's that archetype, similar to Ronaldo.

If he doesn't want to sign, then theres only one option. But i don't believe, due to the teams current form, he's suddenly "on the decline".
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,161 posts | 3469 
      Reply #6405: Apr 28, 2024 08:24:12 pm
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,518 posts | 223 
      Reply #6406: Apr 28, 2024 08:47:05 pm

With our transfer system back

I can’t see us offering Salah a deal imo unless he takes a pay cut

This is the perfect time to get funds and reinvest like we did with cout

Diaz may also go for 60-70m

If it’s spent wisely, Liverpool 2.0 could be complete
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,161 posts | 3469 
      Reply #6407: Apr 28, 2024 08:48:28 pm
      With our transfer system back

I can’t see us offering Salah a deal imo unless he takes a pay cut

This is the perfect time to get funds and reinvest like we did with cout

Diaz may also go for 60-70m

If it’s spent wisely, Liverpool 2.0 could be complete

Diaz won’t be sold imo
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,518 posts | 223 
      Reply #6408: Apr 28, 2024 09:35:30 pm

Thing is if Barcelona offer say 60m, I think his dad would kick up a fuss as would the player etc

I really hope we are scouting a number 9 for the summer window either way. Have to learn from this season
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,608 posts | 752 
      Reply #6409: Apr 28, 2024 11:49:57 pm
      I guarantee you he was pissed because he wants to win the league with Liverpool.

Fans always talk about "PASH-UN". He's got bags of it. The first run of bad form you all turn against him. Terrible stuff

https://x.com/electric2400/status/1784660012029145514?s=46
      « Last Edit: Apr 28, 2024 11:55:05 pm by PastorGeek »
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,205 posts | 1101 
      Reply #6410: Apr 29, 2024 12:11:51 am
      Thing is if Barcelona offer say 60m, I think his dad would kick up a fuss as would the player etc

I really hope we are scouting a number 9 for the summer window either way. Have to learn from this season
      I see why those guys released his dad. Everytime that dude talks he annoys me. I reckon he annoyed the kidnappers so much they just cut their losses and let him go.

Barca are broke
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,039 posts | 537 
      Reply #6411: Apr 29, 2024 12:18:57 am
      I think we should offer him a 3 year contract. He's by far our best attacker, very experienced, is rarely injured compared to the rest of the squad, and with a new manager coming in he will be important to the squad.

He keeps himself very physically fit so i don't see why he can't play at the top level till 34/35. He's that archetype, similar to Ronaldo.

If he doesn't want to sign, then theres only one option. But i don't believe, due to the teams current form, he's suddenly "on the decline".

It's a tricky one. He's not quite the player he was in his early seasons with us. The last couple of years he has stopped beating people and doesn't score so many great solo goals or really scare defenders with his pace like he used to. So he has declined slightly.

But he has adapted his game and is still a very good player. His passing was really good pre Afcon and he still scores plenty of goals. As you say, he's looked after himself and could still be a big player for us for another 2 or 3 years. Even if he is slightly past his peak, he would be tough to replace, especially for his goals.

The safer option would be to keep him. However, if a £100m or more offer came in, you'd have to look at it. Obviously if he wouldn't sign a new contract then you'd sell him, of course. But if he was prepared to sign an extension it'd be a tough call. I think it's more likely the club would sell him in that scenario, and I wouldn't argue too much. However there would be a case for giving him an extension and then selling him next summer.

So much depends on who you replace him with. There's some good wingers around but not many prolific goal scorers.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 455 
      Reply #6412: Apr 29, 2024 12:33:39 am

What did we do when Gini Wijnaldum didn't sign a new contract?   What did we do when Emre Can didn't sign a contract?   These players were young and had a good market value.

I don't think personally if we are ambitious to keep Salah for one more season and let him go for free.  It maybe the difference of winning a major trophy.   Which is worth? 
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,835 posts | 6777 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6413: Apr 29, 2024 02:27:18 am
      Can't remember exactly when it happened, mind a bit cloudy  ;D   But am sure I remember Moysey having a chuckle on the side line with Mo.

Think it was after the spat, maybe just before..really cloudy....  ;D

Me sat here thinking, it was after and Moysey had a cheeky chat to get Mo to come to West Ham next Year. :lmao: :lmao:

Am sure Mo laughed his arse off about it.  :D
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,270 posts | 928 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #6414: Apr 29, 2024 08:49:04 am
      Mo, if i speak the will be fire, pity you havent show any fire on the field for the past couple of months. While Jürgen has stood by you
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #6415: Apr 29, 2024 08:55:35 am
      Mo, if i speak the will be fire, pity you havent show any fire on the field for the past couple of months. While Jürgen has stood by you

Taking his words out of context…

If Mo spoke to media they would twist the knife further by manipulating his words or create some bullshit up..

« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2024 10:40:47 am by shabbadoo »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,161 posts | 3469 
      Reply #6416: Apr 29, 2024 11:16:04 am
      https://x.com/david_ornstein/status/1784889148580466822?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw

Hopefully get a contract extension sorted soon so that we don’t have a summer of rumours

Quick Reply