Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 578332 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,196 posts | 3477 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)
      Reply #6440: Apr 29, 2024 12:57:37 pm
      Salah is playing in the UCL under a new manager. He's a competitive person and 31 years old is fine in modern football. Salah is not gonna retire early in Saudi Arabia

Will all depend on the contract situation
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,196 posts | 3477 
      Reply #6441: Apr 29, 2024 01:00:28 pm
      It would not only surprise me, it would pi*s a lot of people off ....He's been dismal for months...( and there's no point saying so have others...I know that, but this thread is the Salah thread)...Any noticeable upturn to the degree you suggest  over the next three games would suggest to me he's putting himself in the shop window hoping to attract multiple offers....it's a Slightly redundant point as it's not going to happen....it would be a sad day all round if he worked harder to generate a lucrative contract than helping the club win the league. Again...I don't think this will be the case.

I guess it will highlight how some people look at the players

If Salah finds a way to get his form back then I’m not sure why anyone would be pissed off with a player playing well

And if someone would look at that and find a way to turn around to Salah have alternative reasons - shop window blah blah blah - think that would say more about them and their attitude than Salah
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,408 posts | 797 
      Reply #6442: Apr 29, 2024 01:03:07 pm
      I guess it will highlight how some people look at the players

If Salah finds a way to get his form back then I’m not sure why anyone would be pissed off with a player playing well

And if someone would look at that and find a way to turn around to Salah have alternative reasons - shop window blah blah blah - think that would say more about them and their attitude than Salah
      No point getting worked up fella....Its' not going to happen
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6407 
      Reply #6443: Apr 29, 2024 01:06:33 pm
      It'd be great if he'd retire from international duty. When he goes to Afcon, he seems to have these struggles getting back up to speed in our league.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,196 posts | 3477 
      Reply #6444: Apr 29, 2024 01:07:32 pm
      No point getting worked up fella....Its' not going to happen

Why won’t it happen - Mo has showed doubters words down many a mouth over the years
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,164 posts | 2746 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6445: Apr 29, 2024 01:29:32 pm
      It wouldn’t surprise if he finished the season with an upturn in form and a hatful of goals

Will shut the knockers up  if he does.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6446: Apr 29, 2024 01:33:59 pm
      For me it’s more around the contract situation

If he wants to stay and sign a new one then great - think Slot would love to have a Salah playing for him

Fair point, my gut feeling is that mo wants to stay, whether that's just for another year or if he's is offered on a new deal with maybe reduced terms then we shall see
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,408 posts | 797 
      Reply #6447: Apr 29, 2024 01:41:23 pm
      As with any player navigating their way through their Autumn years there is usually a noticeable drop off to do the things you did before.....we see it in all professions...I had a guy put a floor down in my house boasting away that he'd been doing it for 40 years....should have seen the f*cking state of it when he finished!...He did his best, but as is often the case, the last person to notice he wasn't up to it was himself.
      We can all take up magic thinking....Salah will return to his halcyon days...beating defenders at will...curling 25 yard screamers into the top bin...
      That's not the World I live in...I don't think he's suddenly rubbish....there's still something there...but it's getting harder for him to show it.... you're fooling yourselves if you can't accept his very best days are behind him.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,216 posts | 841 
      Reply #6448: Apr 29, 2024 01:48:51 pm
      It would not only surprise me, it would pi*s a lot of people off ....He's been dismal for months...( and there's no point saying so have others...I know that, but this thread is the Salah thread)...Any noticeable upturn to the degree you suggest  over the next three games would suggest to me he's putting himself in the shop window hoping to attract multiple offers....it's a Slightly redundant point as it's not going to happen....it would be a sad day all round if he worked harder to generate a lucrative contract than helping the club win the league. Again...I don't think this will be the case.

The only people who would be p*ssed off are spoiled social media brats who don't understand that Salah is still our best player despite his form.

I would rather that we sold players like Gakpo, Diaz and Nunez, who are easily replaceable than Salah who is very hard to replace.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,196 posts | 3477 
      Reply #6449: Apr 29, 2024 01:49:16 pm

And he has done it before many times

If he had been poor all season then I could sort of understand the narrative towards him

But it’s been 6/7 games and he could just as easily return to form as quickly as losing it

He hasn’t been great and think it’s only one open play goal in 8 games maybe so there is a chance it this start of a down turn in his productivity because I think it’s prob his worst spell for us

But Mo many times have shown his desire to get through things and he has every chance of doing it again
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,615 posts | 752 
      Reply #6450: Apr 29, 2024 01:58:55 pm
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,615 posts | 752 
      Reply #6451: Apr 29, 2024 02:02:08 pm

This is the most toxic double bind you've put a player in.

If he plays poorly, then he's crap, past it and on the decline. If he regains form and scores a couple goals, its because he wants out of the club and is putting himself in the shop window to be sold.

He literally can't win with some of you.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,164 posts | 2746 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6452: Apr 29, 2024 02:06:31 pm
      As with any player navigating their way through their Autumn years there is usually a noticeable drop off to do the things you did before.....we see it in all professions...I had a guy put a floor down in my house boasting away that he'd been doing it for 40 years....should have seen the f*cking state of it when he finished!...He did his best, but as is often the case, the last person to notice he wasn't up to it was himself.
      We can all take up magic thinking....Salah will return to his halcyon days...beating defenders at will...curling 25 yard screamers into the top bin...
      That's not the World I live in...I don't think he's suddenly rubbish....there's still something there...but it's getting harder for him to show it.... you're fooling yourselves if you can't accept his very best days are behind him.

Point taken and valid one at that. I’m not saying for a second saying he’s still top/world class. I am saying he can return to the form he was before his injury. For me it’s just a bad patch but obviously that’s just an opinion. You maybe right if you think his best days are gone. Time will tell but may not find that out till next season now.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,164 posts | 2746 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6453: Apr 29, 2024 02:16:20 pm
      And he has done it before many times

If he had been poor all season then I could sort of understand the narrative towards him

But it’s been 6/7 games and he could just as easily return to form as quickly as losing it

He hasn’t been great and think it’s only one open play goal in 8 games maybe so there is a chance it this start of a down turn in his productivity because I think it’s prob his worst spell for us

But Mo many times have shown his desire to get through things and he has every chance of doing it again

Indeed he has and even this season before his recent bad patch. I remember him getting slated and then when he turned it round again the knockers went into the abyss. 😂 Standard I suppose.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,036 posts | 200 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #6454: Apr 29, 2024 02:19:34 pm

So is Nunez, also in top 2 for goals. But that's not the problem people have with Nunez just like the numbers aren't the problem people have with Mo. We've been here a thousand times before.

It's the stray passes, the weak hold up, the poor misses, the refusal to go past a man. For every goal or assist there's ten slack pieces of build up play.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,408 posts | 797 
      Reply #6455: Apr 29, 2024 02:19:58 pm

If he plays poorly, then he's crap, past it and on the decline. If he regains form and scores a couple goals, its because he wants out of the club and is putting himself in the shop window to be sold.

I didn't say he was/is crap...or that he was past it...I said he's been dismal for months....I put this down to a gradual and normal part of any athlete getting older. And because his drop off has been gradual, any improvement in form will equally be gradual...hence me not expecting him to be charging through defences and scoring 10 goals in the remainder of the season. (You must admit if he suddenly lit the place up it would seem odd).... I don't have a strong opinion on whether he stays or goes...Who knows..It's entirely possible a new manager is just the tonic to fire him up.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,164 posts | 2746 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6456: Apr 29, 2024 02:22:38 pm

I don’t see it as toxic, I see it as a permutation, highly unlikely but can add it to the list of many theories.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,408 posts | 797 
      Reply #6457: Apr 29, 2024 02:24:48 pm
      Point taken and valid one at that. I’m not saying for a second saying he’s still top/world class. I am saying he can return to the form he was before his injury. For me it’s just a bad patch but obviously that’s just an opinion. You maybe right if you think his best days are gone. Time will tell but may not find that out till next season now.
      Like you I don't post on here to be "Right" I post an honest opinion....They're of no value to anyone...just some thoughts expressed as words.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,164 posts | 2746 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6458: Apr 29, 2024 02:26:57 pm
      Like you I don't post on here to be "Right" I post an honest opinion....They're of no value to anyone...just some thoughts expressed as words.

Ditto. However, some take it to heart, that’s just how it is! Now who says that? 😂
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #6459: Apr 29, 2024 02:55:03 pm
      Clearly not been right since injury. Form was good pre Afcon.

Still a dick with the boss mind.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,214 posts | 1104 
      Reply #6460: Apr 29, 2024 03:04:55 pm
      I would be surprised if he doesn't move this summer. He's older and is down to 12 mothhs on his contract. We have a chance to more than double or money on him, as a business stand point it's a pretty smart move. This is not to say that he can't play at a high level for several more years. Someone mentioned Modric, Lew, Messi, etc. The one thing I would say about those guys that differs from Mo is the style of play. Those guys slow the game down to a more methodical pace as opposed to Mo who speeds it up. Imo, like in MMA or boxing, you can only get hit so many times before you reach a point of diminishing returns. I feel the same with explosive movements. To me it seems you can only explode so many times before your legs start to go or you lose pace.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,163 posts | 263 
      Reply #6461: Apr 29, 2024 03:09:47 pm
      More footage of Mo Salah-Jürgen Klopp row emerges – and reason ‘explained’

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2024/04/more-footage-of-mo-salah-Jürgen-klopp-row-emerges-and-reason-explained/
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,163 posts | 263 
      Reply #6462: Apr 29, 2024 03:20:17 pm
      Not think an incident in West Ham game is more than heat of emotion on situations of the game.

And believe any decision of Mo's future will be sort after the player has a talk with new manager and boards.

If the club do not determine to sell and Mo want to stay then I'm happy, still believe he has a lot to offer.

Quick Reply