Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546379 times
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #138: Aug 12, 2017 11:38:37 pm
      He reminds me of when Suarez first came to Liverpool, good pace, runs ragged, shows passion and like Suarez not clinical in front of goal when he first came to the club. We all know Suarez went on to be world class, will  Salah go on and do the same??

He's never a Suarez, he's just unusual. He seems to be watching different things on the pitch i.e. not ball watching. I think he'll do well but people will wonder how.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #139: Aug 12, 2017 11:43:16 pm
      He's never a Suarez, he's just unusual. He seems to be watching different things on the pitch i.e. not ball watching. I think he'll do well but people will wonder how.

Didn't say he was mate but do like his style of play. He will improve, it's just how much.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #140: Aug 13, 2017 06:46:12 am
      Didn't say he was mate but do like his style of play. He will improve, it's just how much.

I know, I didn't think you did. I like him too, if only because he scored! He is unusual, he seems committed to getting goals. Its seems  a real talent for him.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #141: Aug 13, 2017 12:40:17 pm
      Chatting with a couple of sensible Chelsea fans yesterday (there are one or two) and they said the time when he burnt the full back for pace before Miss hitting his cross was symptomatic of his time there.

"Unbelievable pace but his feet go faster than his brain" was the commonly held view at Cobham. We'll see, but I personally though this performance was encouraging.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #142: Aug 15, 2017 02:01:33 am
      After watching Salah in pre-season where the pressure was off, and the pace was less, and the physicality even more so I do worry that he may look like another one who could flatter to deceive. He looked very lightweight and nervous against Watford's hustle and bustle approach. Just hope it was early nerves and nothing more but he didn't look as great as his pre-season form had shown.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #143: Aug 15, 2017 03:23:57 am
      After watching Salah in pre-season where the pressure was off, and the pace was less, and the physicality even more so I do worry that he may look like another one who could flatter to deceive. He looked very lightweight and nervous against Watford's hustle and bustle approach. Just hope it was early nerves and nothing more but he didn't look as great as his pre-season form had shown.

Might of been because there was nobody feeding anybody in the front 3.  Lobbing in passes from 40-50 yards out where there was little space to operate would make anybody look nervous.

For me he looked into the match, his pace showed and has a very good knack for getting himself at the right place/right time.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #144: Aug 15, 2017 03:32:34 am

Mate he was involved in two of the three goals we scored in our first game of the season away from home. Him and his two mates up top done their job. Those three can be annoyed that we didn't get the three points after they done their job.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #145: Aug 15, 2017 03:43:56 am
      Mate he was involved in two of the three goals we scored in our first game of the season away from home. Him and his two mates up top done their job. Those three can be annoyed that we didn't get the three points after they done their job.

Just an observation about his all round game Wahs, not drawing any conclusions.

His running impressed, certainly.

His composure in front of goal and right foot less so.

Chatting with a couple of sensible Chelsea fans yesterday (there are one or two) and they said the time when he burnt the full back for pace before Miss hitting his cross was symptomatic of his time there. 

Not judging him at all. A bit too early and all that. Just saying that for me the Watford showing backed up this statement, somewhat.

« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2017 04:38:14 am by Beerbelly »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #146: Aug 15, 2017 11:19:49 pm
      I'm confident he's going to be a Liverpool Superstar!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #147: Aug 16, 2017 12:24:17 pm
      I think Salah has been decent, but what he lacks and needs is a Coutinho in midfield to bring out the best in him. One thing I noticed about him, he is more of your pass and move player, likes to make runs in behind, quite the opposite to Mane where he just loves to drive at the opposition with the ball.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #148: Aug 16, 2017 12:49:58 pm
      I'm very confident about Salah, he just needs to be a bit more composure when in front of goal but he's getting into the right positions and making the right runs, that's the most important part.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #149: Aug 16, 2017 01:40:02 pm
      He needs to be more clinical in front of goal and stay calm in front of the keeper. He is playing decently, not spectacular but better there is a room for improvement than finished product.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #150: Aug 16, 2017 01:43:11 pm
      Just a bit rusty.

He'll be fine once he is properly attuned to the prem.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #151: Aug 16, 2017 02:25:11 pm
      I'm hoping he'll be able to forge the same type of chemistry and understanding that Firmino and Mané have on the pitch. He's fast, he can beat a man, and is constantly getting into scoring positions. In some ways he feels like a poor man's Mané, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, as in my eyes Mané is one of the best players in the country.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #152: Aug 17, 2017 12:52:40 am
      I'm hoping he'll be able to forge the same type of chemistry and understanding that Firmino and Mané have on the pitch. He's fast, he can beat a man, and is constantly getting into scoring positions. In some ways he feels like a poor man's Mané, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, as in my eyes Mané is one of the best players in the country.

He definitely isn't the most technically gifted player, but his strengths are such that he can be a real threat against any team.  Pace, close control, good dribbling, direct, and a good shot with his left peg.  Reads the game well and always looking for the penetrating run in behind. 

Think he'll hit 15+ in the league and 20+ across all comps.  Double digit assists would make him a POTY candidate. 
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #153: Aug 17, 2017 12:45:38 pm
      Anyone else not that impressed with Salah?

Early days, still settling down and all that, but not much of a right foot, looks a little lightweight, and needs to improve his final ball. Nippy though. I think I'd like to see him have a crack up front as our false number 9.

Not saying he won't improve, just saying there's a good bit of improvement hopefully still to happen.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #154: Aug 17, 2017 01:39:48 pm

Early days, still settling down and all that, but not much of a right foot, looks a little lightweight, and needs to improve his final ball. Nippy though. I think I'd like to see him have a crack up front as our false number 9.

Not saying he won't improve, just saying there's a good bit of improvement hopefully still to happen.

In fairness he is left footed, at least he tries to shoot with his right as opposed to some players who only ever use one foot. He'll improve and he will be deadly for us, especially teamed up with Mane.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #155: Aug 18, 2017 08:30:47 am

Are you on crack? He scored 4 in preseason and 1 in 2 of our competitive games? He's doing the job he needs to.
      Its not him that's struggling it's the whole team, when we play well he'll play well.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #156: Aug 18, 2017 08:50:42 am
      No

He scored 4 in preseason and 1 in 2 of our competitive games? He's doing the job he needs to.
      Pre season isn't a good measure as teams are still not up to full fitness. For example, Salah also played well in pre season but hasn't done so well against Watford and Hoffenheim. Granted he scored a goal but I am talking more about his overall performances.

Its not him that's struggling it's the whole team, when we play well he'll play well.
      I hope you are right.
      « Last Edit: Aug 18, 2017 04:14:48 pm by Rush »
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #157: Aug 18, 2017 12:10:41 pm
      Are you on crack? He scored 4 in preseason and 1 in 2 of our competitive games? He's doing the job he needs to.

He also missed 6 one on ones in those 2 competitive games :-\
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #158: Aug 19, 2017 12:54:45 am
      FFS let him find his Premiership feet.

He's going to be one of our Star players this Season.

I'm expecting 20-25 goals in all comps.

I personally think he is a fantastic addition to our side.

Just wish Couts was out there with him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #159: Aug 19, 2017 12:57:06 am
      He also missed 6 one on ones in those 2 competitive games

But had it not been for yet another monumental f**k up in the defence/keepr in right at the end of the match, he'd have scored the winner on his competitive debut.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #160: Aug 20, 2017 09:57:58 pm
      Gosh, he's bloody fast, seen him on TV in the pre-season games but standing on the Kop yesterday and watching him run towards us was pretty breathtaking, he's gonna be hot hot hot !!! and the highest compliment I can pay him is he has a little bit of the 'Suarez' touch in him  ;D looking forward to seeing how he progresses as the season moves forward.

Quick Reply