Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 547157 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #253: Nov 06, 2017 04:36:30 pm
      Everton payed a lot more for Sigurdsson than we did for Mo. He has one goal (and a lucky one at that). Heck, until yesterday Mo had more than their entire squad HAHAHAHA
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #254: Nov 06, 2017 04:38:31 pm
      Everton payed a lot more for Sigurdsson than we did for Mo. He has one goal (and a lucky one at that). Heck, until yesterday Mo had more than their entire squad HAHAHAHA

Yet there were some people getting all worked up because they spent that money on Sigurdson and we didn't.
      He failed at Spurs and he's failing even more with the Bitters.

I had my doubts about Mo when we signed him due to the high numbers in what is deemed a pretty weak league, I was unsure if he would settle after a difficult time with Chelsea. I think it was justified thinking that, especially with the low success rate of players from that league coming to the Premier League but I will more than happily admit I couldn't have been more wrong about Mo.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #255: Nov 06, 2017 05:02:39 pm
      urgen Klopp hails Liverpool scouts for pushing for Mohamed Salah signing among “20 players”
      Jack Lusby
      News
      6 November 2017
      Jürgen Klopp has explained how Liverpool’s recruitment staff pushed for the signing of Mohamed Salah, having identified “20 players” in the market.

Salah notched his 12th goal in just 17 games for the Reds in Saturday’s 4-1 victory over West Ham, continuing a blistering start to the season.

Signed from AS Roma for ÂŁ36.9 million in June, Salah could have represented something of a gamble for Klopp, given his previous struggles in the Premier League with Chelsea.

This was vocalised by Steven Gerrard after the win in east London, but Klopp has revealed how he had no concerns over Salah’s ability to adjust.

Speaking to LiverpoolFC.com, the manager explained how Liverpool’s scouts were desperate to sign Salah, highlighting the Egyptian as the key name among a host of potential targets.

“We were sure he could help us. Michael Edwards, Dave Fallows and Barry [Hunter], they were really in my ear and were on it: ‘Come on, come on, Mo Salah, he’s the solution!’,” he said.

“When you have 20 players on the table, different players, it’s difficult to make an early decision.

“But we all were convinced about it so could make the early decision so we could really get him.

“He’s a fantastic person, a nice lad and a really good football player.”

Liverpool's Mohamed Salah celebrates scoring his sides fourth goal during the premier league match at the London Stadium, London. Picture date 4th November 2017. Picture credit should read: David Klein/Sportimage via PA Images

Salah’s tally for the Reds has ensured a more immediate impact than both Fernando Torres and Luis Suarez before him, despite typically being fielded on the right flank.

His performances both with and without last season’s integral winger Sadio Mane have been excellent, and the Senegalese laid on both of Salah’s goals at the London Stadium.

Mane has described Salah as a “fantastic signing,” and explained how he and his attacking colleagues are “trying to help him score more goals for the team.”

Only Sergio Aguero and Harry Kane (both eight) have scored more than Salah in the Premier League this season (seven), and Klopp is confident he can end the campaign with a more impressive record.

“I didn’t think if he can score 12 goals or whatever in 17 games [but] I hope he’s not finished now!” he added.

“That would be nice, if we talk after the season about different numbers—and both numbers should be much higher.”

The Reds were linked with the likes of Julian Brandt, Quincy Promes and Douglas Costa ahead of 2017/18, and would all have been fine additions.

But, prompted by his backroom staff, Klopp is no doubt pleased to have opted for Salah now.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/11/JĂźrgen-klopp-hails-liverpool-scouts-pushing-mohamed-salah-signing-among-20-players/
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #256: Nov 18, 2017 04:57:00 pm
      How amazing has he been?

If he had one less goal to his name, was a striker as opposed to a winger and was a white Englishman called Harry Kane then the shitrags would be wanking themselves silly over him.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #257: Nov 18, 2017 04:59:42 pm
      How amazing has he been?

If he had one less goal to his name, was a striker as opposed to a winger and was a white Englishman called Harry Kane then the shitrags would be wanking themselves silly over him.

Meh.
      Can't even score a hattrick. I'd say get rid.
      JackSparrow
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #258: Nov 18, 2017 05:32:11 pm
      If someone asked who I'd have right now, Salah or Suarez, it's Salah. Salah leading the golden boot now.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #259: Nov 18, 2017 05:35:45 pm
      If someone asked who I'd have right now, Salah or Suarez, it's Salah. Salah leading the golden boot now.

Undoubtedly.

By the way...welcome back Ribapuru.
      JackSparrow
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #260: Nov 18, 2017 05:46:37 pm
      Undoubtedly.

By the way...welcome back Ribapuru.
      Is Ribapuru forum slang? Welcome back from where?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #261: Nov 18, 2017 06:00:08 pm
      FACHT  :

God scored 8 goals in his opening 12 matches for the Reds.

Mo has scored 9.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #262: Nov 18, 2017 06:02:25 pm
      Our King, King of Egypt

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #263: Nov 18, 2017 06:56:58 pm
      FACHT  :

God scored 8 goals in his opening 12 matches for the Reds.

Mo has scored 9.

Yeah, special contribution he's had. I'll be honest and say I think it's masked a downturn in Mane's form. Whether that's to do with playing on the left as oppose to the right I just don't think he's been the same but he's had some injury problems too.

As FMS has said, the rags have all been creaming themselves about Harry Kane, whereas Mo has just had passing glances really, when put in real terms his achievements are more considerable imo and if he can maintain this level of form, or close to it, for the season then he's a real contender for player of the year.

No doubt we're set up for him to thrive, the space he 'finds' is not by accident it is purely by design as anyone with a keen on the movement will see but his intelligent runs into those spaces are second to none and I would hate to be a defender having to mark our front 3, like trying to catch mints in a snowstorm, they look like they're everywhere.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #264: Nov 18, 2017 07:59:14 pm
      He reminds me of when Suarez first came to Liverpool, good pace, runs ragged, shows passion and like Suarez not clinical in front of goal when he first came to the club. We all know Suarez went on to be world class, will  Salah go on and do the same??

Somebody noticed at a early stage  ;D Certainly looking like another match winner. Bit like Pogba  :f_whistle:
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #265: Nov 19, 2017 12:01:42 am
      Kenny said he has a bad habit of scoring goals, well Mr. Daglish got to watch two more today. I hope he is a habitual offender. Looks dang good so far. I know I’m biased but as of now he is POY
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #266: Nov 19, 2017 11:01:39 pm
      I'm excited to see him thrash Soton in a few weeks. He will be fresh for the first time coming out of break

Well picked!

Outstanding once again.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #267: Nov 20, 2017 12:43:46 pm
      His first on Saturday was a bit like goals JB used to score in his hey day.

Absolute quality signing.

Somebody noticed at a early stage  ;D Certainly looking like another match winner. Bit like Pogba  :f_whistle:

Don't be a divvy soft-lad. Mo's F***ing magic, Pogba's F***ing tragic na na na na, na na na na!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #268: Nov 20, 2017 05:35:19 pm
      His first on Saturday was a bit like goals JB used to score in his hey day.

Absolute quality signing.

Don't be a divvy soft-lad. Mo's f**king magic, Pogba's f**king tragic na na na na, na na na na!!

;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #269: Nov 20, 2017 08:21:45 pm
      Already more goals than anyone managed last season. Starting to get more clinical. Boss!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #270: Nov 21, 2017 12:36:25 pm
      Well picked!

Outstanding once again.

Haha. Thanks. To be fair I would say that about Mo for just about any game now. He is really starting to find his rhythm for us now. He is starting to put quality shots on goal from distance on top of finding open space to clean up the gimmie goals. In all honesty I don’t care how he scores as long as he can keep doing it.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #271: Nov 21, 2017 01:18:27 pm
      Already more goals than anyone managed last season. Starting to get more clinical. Boss!

He has around a 30% conversion rate.
      I'll take that, it's one of the highest around.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,237 posts | 752 
      Reply #272: Nov 21, 2017 02:07:25 pm
      Hoping Mo keeps fit & injury free, he could well break one or two goal scoring records !
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #273: Nov 21, 2017 09:57:33 pm
      Wasn't given the ball as much tonight, you have to pass it to your best player. That simple pass that would have set him free when 3-2 up from Gomez, was afuckingbysmal!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #274: Nov 25, 2017 07:59:26 pm
      Not celebrating his goal
      As a mark of respect to his fellow countrymen who were killed in the mosque attack & not Chelsea as suggested..

Keep the goals coming kiddo & I hope you get a trophy season end for your hard work..
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #275: Nov 25, 2017 08:04:22 pm
      What a player we have. Hope we don’t waste him continuing to not address our shoddy defense.

Quick Reply