Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 564940 times
      PastorGeek and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #437: Feb 04, 2018 11:15:28 pm
      Steal..
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #438: Feb 05, 2018 12:27:11 am
      He is but I guarantee he won't win any player awards.

Just like the media are only suddenly realising how good Firmino is.

Firmino, second best in the league.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #439: Feb 05, 2018 11:03:35 am
      Bit Messi-esque that second goal wasn't it?

Not his best game today yet a clinical finish early on and a moment of absolute magic that deserved to win the game.
      I mentioned the Messi resemblance a couple of months ago.  Very similar how he runs with the ball and dances past defenders.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #440: Feb 05, 2018 07:29:35 pm
      Going to be very difficult to keep him in the summer. The down side to him being so good for us.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #441: Feb 05, 2018 07:32:04 pm
      Going to be very difficult to keep him in the summer. The down side to him being so good for us.

I don't think Salah is going anywhere, he is comfortable in this team/club/ surroundings..

It shows in his game since he signed for us..
      « Last Edit: Feb 05, 2018 07:54:45 pm by Shabs »
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #442: Feb 05, 2018 07:53:42 pm
      Don't see it a problem this summer however if we aren't bringing in the major honors by summer 2019 I see it as a problem.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #443: Feb 05, 2018 08:03:21 pm
      Not worried about him leaving either. He only joined last year so, given his performances, coupled with the exponential rise in transfer fees, it would need to be a ridiculous figure. Iā€™m talking more than Coutinho. I just donā€™t see anyone paying that.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #444: Feb 07, 2018 08:47:17 pm
      After getting burned by Torres, Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho, I really didn't want to get into hero worshiping again, but after finding myself joining in with the other 50,000 people singing the "Mo Salah"song,  I've decided feck it!
      All players leave eventually, so I'm just going to accept it and enjoy the ride. This guy is the real deal, and I've now had the privilege seeing him in the flesh.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #445: Feb 07, 2018 10:37:01 pm
      After getting burned by Torres, Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho, I really didn't want to get into hero worshiping again, but after finding myself joining in with the other 50,000 people singing the "Mo Salah"song,  I've decided feck it!
      All players leave eventually, so I'm just going to accept it and enjoy the ride. This guy is the real deal, and I've now had the privilege seeing him in the flesh.
      As did I mate and it wasnā€™t a half bad game to see him live eh? That 2nd goal was quite something.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #446: Feb 08, 2018 02:04:28 am
      The Egyptian forward, who failed to impress at Chelsea four years ago, has made a sensational start to his second coming in Englandā€™s top flight. His two goals at home to Spurs ensured he became the fastest Liverpool player to score 20 Premier League goals, achieving the feat in only 25 appearances.

An Ā£11 million signing for Chelsea in January 2014, Salah made just 13 league outings for the west Londoners, but a profitable loan spell with Fiorentina was followed by two stellar seasons at Roma.

Twenty-nine Serie A goals for the Giallorossi convinced JĆ¼rgen Klopp to shell out a club-record Ā£34m to bring the speedster to Anfield, and Salah says he needed no second invitation.

Speaking exclusively in the March 2018 issue of FourFourTwo magazine, out now, he says: ā€œEver since I was a kid, I had been a Liverpool fan ā€“ they were my favourite Premier League club. I've loved the club since I was young and knew this was a team I wanted to play for. I knew the history that this club has and, as soon as I got the chance, I had to make it happen.ā€

Philippe Coutinhoā€™s January departure to Barcelona prompted Liverpool supporters to quickly crown Salah the latest King of the Kop. However, the flattered Egyptian insists heā€™s focused only on securing the club's first trophy since the 2012 League Cup, and first league title in nearly 30 years.

ā€œI donā€™t know if itā€™s up to me to say that, so maybe Iā€™ll let the fans say that,ā€ laughs Salah. ā€œIā€™m happy scoring goals for the club I supported as a kid ā€“ thatā€™s all that matters. We want to push ourselves to win something. For us, for the fans and for the club. That is and always will be our target. A trophy.ā€

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/salah-king-kop-i-dont-know-about-im-just-happy-scoring-club-i-supported-a-kid

Wow, had no idea he supported us as a kid
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #447: Feb 08, 2018 08:54:35 am
      The Egyptian forward, who failed to impress at Chelsea four years ago, has made a sensational start to his second coming in Englandā€™s top flight. His two goals at home to Spurs ensured he became the fastest Liverpool player to score 20 Premier League goals, achieving the feat in only 25 appearances.

An Ā£11 million signing for Chelsea in January 2014, Salah made just 13 league outings for the west Londoners, but a profitable loan spell with Fiorentina was followed by two stellar seasons at Roma.

Twenty-nine Serie A goals for the Giallorossi convinced JĆ¼rgen Klopp to shell out a club-record Ā£34m to bring the speedster to Anfield, and Salah says he needed no second invitation.

Speaking exclusively in the March 2018 issue of FourFourTwo magazine, out now, he says: ā€œEver since I was a kid, I had been a Liverpool fan ā€“ they were my favourite Premier League club. I've loved the club since I was young and knew this was a team I wanted to play for. I knew the history that this club has and, as soon as I got the chance, I had to make it happen.ā€

Philippe Coutinhoā€™s January departure to Barcelona prompted Liverpool supporters to quickly crown Salah the latest King of the Kop. However, the flattered Egyptian insists heā€™s focused only on securing the club's first trophy since the 2012 League Cup, and first league title in nearly 30 years.

ā€œI donā€™t know if itā€™s up to me to say that, so maybe Iā€™ll let the fans say that,ā€ laughs Salah. ā€œIā€™m happy scoring goals for the club I supported as a kid ā€“ thatā€™s all that matters. We want to push ourselves to win something. For us, for the fans and for the club. That is and always will be our target. A trophy.ā€

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/salah-king-kop-i-dont-know-about-im-just-happy-scoring-club-i-supported-a-kid

Wow, had no idea he supported us as a kid

You just wait until he's announced at the Bernabau he will be telling all he grew up a Madrid fan too.

Nah taking the piss mate I hope not!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #448: Feb 08, 2018 10:52:53 am
      You just wait until he's announced at the Bernabau he will be telling all he grew up a Madrid fan too.

Nah taking the piss mate I hope not!

He seems a very well grounded man, I honestly think that as long as we are moving in the right direction and improving each year then he'll be happy here.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #449: Feb 08, 2018 12:28:36 pm
      See somewhere our ex-player Phil Babb say this about Mo
      ā€œYou do fantastically well but then you have the big Spanish giants and await their interest"

Not sure I understand it correctly but if he mean Mo waiting for interest from Spanish giants then why our ex-player say such a negative thing :mad:
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #450: Feb 08, 2018 04:38:47 pm
      He seems a very well grounded man, I honestly think that as long as we are moving in the right direction and improving each year then he'll be happy here.

Only trophies and doing well in the CL will keep him here, and of course a big pay raise.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #451: Feb 08, 2018 05:37:27 pm
      See somewhere our ex-player Phil Babb say this about Mo
      ā€œYou do fantastically well but then you have the big Spanish giants and await their interest"

Not sure I understand it correctly but if he mean Mo waiting for interest from Spanish giants then why our ex-player say such a negative thing :mad:

Got some standard Main Stand hospitality tickets for the league cup match against Tottenham last season. They must have been the cheapest because the guest speaker at half time was Phil Babb.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #452: Feb 09, 2018 08:58:57 am
      Best player bingo.

Humble man from modest beginnings -Check
      Dream come true to play for Liverpool - check
      Grew up a Liverpool fan - check
      Not interested in speculation and just wants to concentrate on playing for Liverpool - check.

Just waiting on 'always played as Liverpool on PES 5' and his eventual sale to Barca for the full house  :f_tongueincheek:

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #453: Feb 09, 2018 10:11:36 am
      Got some standard Main Stand hospitality tickets for the league cup match against Tottenham last season. They must have been the cheapest because the guest speaker at half time was Phil Babb.

I kinda liked Phill Babb, pity he was a bit crap!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #454: Feb 09, 2018 10:14:08 am
      Don't you hate that feeling of acceptance that he IS going to leave sometime. I never had that feeling before the cowboys came, and FSG have made that feeling worse.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #455: Feb 09, 2018 12:42:26 pm
      I get that thereā€™s valid reasons for people to think players could leave but Iā€™ll be damned if itā€™s not a sorry state of affairs to have to read the constant moaning of some of our fan base whining that our players may leave at some point. Canā€™t you just enjoy what we are seeing and live in the moment a bit instead of constantly lamenting what could happen in the future? If he leaves he leaves, but right now heā€™s a red and a damn good one. Just enjoy it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #456: Feb 11, 2018 07:04:45 pm
      Another goal. He's brilliant isn't he?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #457: Feb 11, 2018 08:15:04 pm
      Heā€™s alright, should have had a hat trick though.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,295 posts | 763 
      Reply #458: Feb 14, 2018 02:17:54 pm
      He looks like scoring every time, that he starts a game. Hope Mo is a Liverpool player, for many years to come.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #459: Feb 14, 2018 09:46:16 pm
      He keeps getting better and better. Such a joy to watch.
      Goals so far this season:
      - Salah: 30
      - Argentinian Salah: 27
       :roll:

Quick Reply