Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 547006 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #483: Feb 17, 2018 11:41:38 pm
      Saw his goal again last night V Porto...what an incredible goal that really was, amazing composure. Made it look easy.

Goals that he is scoring are straight out of Luis' book.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #484: Feb 18, 2018 12:43:19 am
      Weird that I've seen better players at Liverpool, but I've never seen a better poacher! It's like he always knows where to be! Incredible player.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #485: Feb 18, 2018 01:15:30 am
      Potentially another 17 games to go. Minimum 14. Will he break through the 40 goal barrier ?

Anythings possible, the lad is amazing. Could even make 50.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #486: Feb 18, 2018 01:30:05 am
      Weird that I've seen better players at Liverpool, but I've never seen a better poacher! It's like he always knows where to be! Incredible player.

Jimmy Greaves , Sniffer Clarke, Denis Law ....  Mo Salah.

Natural Born Poachers.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #487: Feb 18, 2018 01:46:57 am
      Potentially another 17 games to go. Minimum 14. Will he break through the 40 goal barrier ?

Anythings possible, the lad is amazing. Could even make 50.
      Nothing to stop him reaching at least 40 for the season. I think he believes he will score every time he steps on to the pitch (and so do I tbh).

I think the real test will come next season though. There will be a lot of expectancy and pressure placed on him from the outset. I think he will be able to handle it.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #488: Feb 18, 2018 02:40:29 am
      Good to see the GOAT acknowledging Salah!

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #489: Feb 18, 2018 05:02:36 am
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #490: Feb 18, 2018 12:16:14 pm
      Good to see the GOAT acknowledging Salah!

NO It is not.... Last thing that we want is for Barca to come calling and  whoring themselves about to try and steal our Mo
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #491: Feb 19, 2018 11:22:32 pm
      Wonder what he’s like with direct freekicks. Hopefully he’s putting the hours in after training to perfect his range like Suarez and Coutinho did.

Once he has that in his locker there will be no stopping him
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #492: Feb 22, 2018 03:46:51 am
      Mo Salah out and about surveying his kingdom!!

Also seen a pic on twitter earlier of him in The Park pub opposite Anfield :laugh:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #493: Feb 22, 2018 06:06:47 am
      I love him!!!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #494: Feb 23, 2018 04:44:54 pm
      Everyone prepare to wet yourselves!! Interview with him tomorrow on Football Focus talking about his dream of wanting to win the Premier League with Liverpool.

Mohamed Salah: Liverpool Premier League title win is my dream

Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah says he dreams of winning the Premier League and wants to do "something special" in this season's Champions League.

The Anfield club can go second in the league by beating West Ham on Saturday and lead Porto 5-0 after the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie.

Egypt international Salah has scored 22 goals in 26 league games since signing from Roma for £34m last June.

"I came to here to win titles," the 25-year-old told Football Focus.

Ex-Chelsea player Salah made three substitute appearances totalling 30 minutes when the Blues won the league in 2014-15, ending the season on loan in Italy at Fiorentina.

He spent the following season on loan at Roma before joining the Serie A side for £12m in August 2016.

Salah has made a huge impact on his return to the Premier League and hopes his efforts can propel Liverpool to a first trophy since 2012.

"I can tell the fans we work 100% to try and win something for the club," he said.

"It's a long time since the club won the league. It's my dream to win the Premier League - but I want to win it with this club."

As well as scoring 22 times, Salah has also provided seven assists in an outstanding start to his Liverpool career - but he reserves praise for his Anfield team-mates.

"It's easy to play with this kind of quality," he said. "If you look at me now and five years ago, everything has changed both mentally and physically.

"I'm trying to improve myself every day. I always like to put myself under pressure to improve more.

"I give all my life to football, I only think about football. This is what is on my mind all the time."

Salah has come a long way since making daily nine-hour round trips from his home village of Nagrig to train and play for Arab Contractors (El Mokawloon) in Cairo at the age of 14.

He travelled by bus - sometimes changing five times - and those sacrifices he made as a teenager to follow his dream of reaching the top have paid off.

This summer, Salah will feel the weight of a nation on his shoulders when Egypt take on hosts Russia, Uruguay and Saudi Arabia at the World Cup. It is a challenge he is relishing.

"I gave a lot for football because I wanted to be as professional as possible. I was travelling nine hours a day," said Salah, the 2017 BBC African Footballer of the Year.

"I want all Egyptian people to follow my way to improve themselves. We are a huge country. We have many children. I want everyone to dream and feel they can do something."

You can see the full interview on Football Focus from 12:00 GMT on Saturday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43163927

He's F***ing boss!!

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #495: Feb 23, 2018 10:26:54 pm
      Not that it matters much to most people these days but I wonder if he’ll change shirt number next season. 10 or even 7, if this is Milner’s last season?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #496: Feb 24, 2018 03:28:32 am
      I agree would like him to wear the No.7
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #497: Feb 24, 2018 09:55:27 am
      Hope Mo keeps in the scoring mode, against the hammers today !
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #498: Feb 24, 2018 06:49:46 pm
      He kinda reminds me of Augeuro in build and strength... but the way time stops when he gets in the box is surreal, he doesn’t rush, even when surrounded bu four or five guys, he’ll control it.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #499: Feb 24, 2018 06:51:23 pm
      And he missed a few easy changes again today. When this fella actually becomes clinical we are in for a treat!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #500: Feb 24, 2018 06:53:35 pm
      Surely going to hit over 40 goals this season.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #501: Feb 24, 2018 07:08:01 pm
      He equalled Suarez scoring record in his first season and still 3 months left.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #502: Feb 24, 2018 07:18:47 pm
      Surely this guy wins player of the year. Been involved in 31 premier league goals (5 more than anyone else). Outstanding from a player that spends most of his time in the wide right position.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #503: Feb 24, 2018 07:27:39 pm
      Probably the most valuable player in world football now considering Messi is 31 soon, Suarez is already 31, Ronaldo is 33 and Salah is 25. Nobody else is on that level.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #504: Feb 24, 2018 07:55:50 pm
      Probably the most valuable player in world football now considering Messi is 31 soon, Suarez is already 31, Ronaldo is 33 and Salah is 25. Nobody else is on that level.
      Slow down sport. He’s had a fantastic season but let’s not be getting ahead of ourselves. You’ve still got players out there like Neymar, Griezmann, Dybala, Kane and De Bruyne who have been doing it for seasons and are still young. EDIT: not to mention Coutinho.

I’ve said before, the true test will be next season. Now that we know what he is capable of, he will have a lot more weight on his shoulders from the outset. There have been plenty of one season wonders in the premier league - Michu comes to mind.

I’d be surprised if he ever hit this total again, but it would be harsh for us to expect him to. If he keeps up this level of play and hits 20 next season, it will be a success and he can probably start to be considered amongst the elite.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #505: Feb 24, 2018 08:15:22 pm
      Slow down sport. He’s had a fantastic season but let’s not be getting ahead of ourselves. You’ve still got players out there like Neymar, Griezmann, Dybala, Kane and De Bruyne who have been doing it for seasons and are still young. EDIT: not to mention Coutinho.

I’ve said before, the true test will be next season. Now that we know what he is capable of, he will have a lot more weight on his shoulders from the outset. There have been plenty of one season wonders in the premier league - Michu comes to mind.

I’d be surprised if he ever hit this total again, but it would be harsh for us to expect him to. If he keeps up this level of play and hits 20 next season, it will be a success and he can probably start to be considered amongst the elite.

Nah, he’s going to keep banging them in as long as Klopp plays his system. It’s perfect for him and no matter what the defenders do, Mo will find a way.

He’s doing the business day in day out. This is no fluke.

Quick Reply