Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 560045 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #690: Apr 15, 2018 12:52:27 am
      I love this Man, what a f**king header.

Absolute cheeky b***ard of a header it was!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #691: Apr 15, 2018 01:06:11 am
      Absolute cheeky b***ard of a header it was!

He had no time to think, he didn't even look where the keeper was and he lobbed him. F***ing Brilliant and what a cross by TAA.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #692: Apr 15, 2018 01:41:08 am
      Which was better the assist or the goal? fantastic assist and brilliant header.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #693: Apr 15, 2018 01:49:30 am
      I love this Man, what a f**king header.

It was Trent's goal surely ?

:roll:

;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #694: Apr 15, 2018 04:40:37 pm
      Mohamed Salah: 'There's something very special about playing for Liverpool'

Liverpool, England (CNN)At the height of Beatlemania, fans would scream so loudly that Liverpool's most famous exports could no longer hear themselves play.

The furore was unbearable and became a factor in the band's decision to stop touring.

Over half a century later, there's a new man whipping the city into a frenzy ... only he likes it when things get turned up to eleven.
      "There's something very special about playing for Liverpool," Mohamed Salah tells CNN's Becky Anderson, as a remarkable debut season in which he has had a direct hand in 50 goals reaches its climax.

More often than not this season the Reds have marched to the relentless beat of Salah's drum.
      On Tuesday it was the Egyptian's goal that turned the tide in Liverpool's favor as JĂźrgen Klopp's team won 2-1 and 5-1 on aggregate against Manchester City to reach the Champions League semi-finals.

"The Champions League nights are special for the fans too," says the 25-year-old, who joined from Roma for a then club-record fee of $49 million in June 2017. "You can feel it on the streets."
      "The atmosphere in that first game against Man City was the first time I had really seen something like that."

Just over a week ago, Pep Guardiola's celebrated City side visited Anfield having fallen to a single league defeat all season.
      Heralded by some as the greatest team in Premier League history, tipped by others to finally contend for a first Champions League title, City's players trudged off with their heads down and the quarterfinal tie all but over.
      As he has so often done this season it was Salah who sparked that win, scoring the first goal in Liverpool's 3-0 victory.

Smoke bombs and flares had greeted City's bus to the chagrin of Guardiola, but it was just another day at the office for Salah, dubbed "the Egyptian King" by adoring Reds supporters.
      Having opened the scoring after 12 minutes, Salah then set up the third as Liverpool ran out emphatic winners.
      Last weekend it got worse for City, a two-goal lead evaporating against rivals Manchester United at the Etihad.
      The sheen of invincibility had gone.

Yet by the time the second leg came around three days later, you'd have been hard pressed to find a Liverpool fan who wasn't worried.
      Nerves were jangling even more when Gabriel Jesus found the net after two minutes to give City a glimmer of hope.

But just as the blue moon looked set to rise, once again Salah came to the fore. It was his 39th goal of the season.
      "When we saw the draw, everyone knew it would be a difficult game," he says. "I knew it would be difficult but I said we had to be positive and win.
      "That's what we did."

Salah's torrent of goals has prompted Liverpool fans to come up with a number of songs to honor the Egyptian international's feats this season. No wonder he looks so at home behind those drums in the Beatles museum.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/12/sport/mohamad-salah-exclusive-interview-liverpool-atmosphere-spt/index.html
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #695: Apr 15, 2018 11:36:49 pm
      Mo, what does it mean to get to 40 goals?

You know, it means a lot. But even in the end I said it…I try to score every game; to help the team. To get the points. That is the most important thing for us – that we play as a team, we play as 11 players. So each goal for me – or for anyone else – is to try to help the team.

You have got to 40 goals quicker than any player in Liverpool’s history…

It’s a great feeling. Of course, it’ s a great feeling. But you know I said in the end I am happy to score, happy to help the team, that’s it.

The record for most goals in a season is 47 from Ian Rush in 1983-84. Is it possible to break that in the time you have left?

You know, it’s also very close. It’s just seven goals. But let’s see! It’s still – I don’t know how many games there is to go – but we have the Premier League and semi-finals of the Champions League to play. I will try my best to score again and help the team.

How much is winning the Premier League Golden Boot in your thoughts?

Of course, it is in my mind. I cannot lie – it is in my mind. But, you know, you can see today with the team everyone tries to pass the ball to me to help me. I am also sure that Tottenham’s players try to help Harry Kane and also Manchester City’s try to help Sergio Aguero. It’s like that, but in the end we play as a team.

Have you been asking the players to pass it to you more?

Yes! They pass the ball anyway. I am happy to have this feeling, you know? You feel they want to support you and want to help you to score goals. That’s a good feeling.

You tweeted last week after Harry Kane was credited with the goal at Stoke; what did you think about that decision?

(Starts laughing) I don’t want to say anything about that! In the end, they said it’s his goal so it’s finished for me. Now we still have four games and they (Tottenham) have five or six games so I have to think about my games and we see.

You have reached a level of form that nobody anticipated. What is it about Liverpool, the way things are around the club, that has made you settle and why you feel so comfortable?

You know you can see it with Bobby Firmino (too)… he scores a lot of goals this season. It’s also a different season for him. I think the way we play, it gives us more chances to score. The way we play helps us a lot to be in front of the goal all the time. So that’s the way we play, it helps us a lot.

Before you go, you could win a lot of personal accolades this season or you could win the Champions League. Which would it be if you had one choice?

To win the Champions League! If you had a choice between the Champions League and… (individual honours) then of course the Champions League. To win the Champions League is… whoosh! (puts his hands in the air) I can’t say “Woah!” I have no doubt the Champions League. To win the Champions League is huge for everyone. I don’t care about the rest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5619033/Sportsmail-brings-transcript-Mohamed-Salahs-views-40th-goal-season.html

Save you guys from going on the daily fail site :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      Reply #696: Apr 16, 2018 09:41:36 am

Yes! "They pass the ball anyway. I am happy to have this feeling, you know? You feel they want to support you and want to help you to score goals. That’s a good feeling."

:lmao: :lmao:

F***ing Love it!
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #697: Apr 16, 2018 12:37:59 pm

Yes! "They pass the ball anyway. I am happy to have this feeling, you know? You feel they want to support you and want to help you to score goals. That’s a good feeling."

:lmao: :lmao:

F***ing Love it!

He's just a kid in the park loving playing the game. Absolute legend!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #698: Apr 16, 2018 01:36:26 pm
      “Greed is good”
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #699: Apr 17, 2018 09:41:55 pm
      Hope he starts on Saturday. Couldn’t stand to see Kane win it again. You get the feeling that everyone wants Kane to do it as well.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #700: Apr 17, 2018 10:27:24 pm
      Hope he starts on Saturday. Couldn’t stand to see Kane win it again. You get the feeling that everyone wants Kane to do it as well.

I’d rather keep him fit and ready for the semi final next Tuesday. Has to be s squad affair against West Brom for me
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #701: Apr 18, 2018 12:21:46 am
      I’d rather keep him fit and ready for the semi final next Tuesday. Has to be s squad affair against West Brom for me
      Rather rest Salah from the start, give him the last half an hour to keep him sharp because 10 days is too long to go without footie. We should give Ings and Solanke another chance, because one of them needs to go in the summer I think. No point in keeping both of them here next season, atleast one of them needs to go on loan.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #702: Apr 18, 2018 09:16:14 pm
      Listening to the Euro Leagues Show on 5 Live and James Horncastle, in response to questions as to why Liverpool were the only club in for Salah, said that Salah to Liverpool came about simply because he only wanted to move to the Reds.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #703: Apr 21, 2018 12:22:13 pm
      Loved that interview - no F***ing about, I want to break the premier league record!

You will as well son!
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #704: Apr 21, 2018 12:29:18 pm
      Loved that interview - no f**king about, I want to break the premier league record!

You will as well son!
      In a 38 game season as well ,as opposed to 42 When shearer and cole did it.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      Reply #705: Apr 21, 2018 02:35:31 pm
      The gift that keeps on giving.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #706: Apr 21, 2018 05:05:24 pm
      Today should have been a day where we all talk about Salah's 31 goals, but it seems to be overshadowed by our defence :(
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #707: Apr 21, 2018 09:00:41 pm
      31 PL goals ...  now equal to Shearer, LadyBoy and our Luis.

One more Mo ...one more.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,866 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #708: Apr 21, 2018 09:04:17 pm
      31 PL goals ...  now equal to Shearer, LadyBoy and our Luis.

One more Mo ...one more.

Deserves the Golden boot. Class act. If he repeats it next year there's no argument for me in the Suarez or Salah thread.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #709: Apr 21, 2018 09:07:09 pm
      Deserves the Golden boot. Class act. If he repeats it next year there's no argument for me in the Suarez or Salah thread.

That's kind of you Keith.

In a good mood are we ?  ;D  Spud bashing ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,866 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #710: Apr 21, 2018 09:17:49 pm
      That's kind of you Keith.

In a good mood are we ?  ;D  Spud bashing ?

Yes great mood but that wouldn't change my opinion on Salah if we got beat 0-5. He has the likeabllty factor and just can't fault what a nice guy he appears on the pitch. Unlike Suarez who was a c**t all be it a world class player.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #711: Apr 22, 2018 11:28:40 am
      Yes great mood but that wouldn't change my opinion on Salah if we got beat 0-5. He has the likeabllty factor and just can't fault what a nice guy he appears on the pitch. Unlike Suarez who was a c**t all be it a world class player.

He may have been a See You Next Tuesday to a Manc but not to us.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #712: Apr 22, 2018 03:54:51 pm
      I think Salah should aim for the Golden shoe rather than boot, he is up against, Lewandowski (28), Messi (29) and Immobile (29). I can see another 2 or 3 goals by Salah winning it.

Quick Reply