Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546771 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #1035: Jul 01, 2018 08:52:14 pm
      The press as in the button at the bottom of the iPod? (Apologies for my technological illiteracy!)

No, hold your finger on the actual tweet and see what happens. Might give you a copy option.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1036: Jul 01, 2018 10:50:25 pm
      No, hold your finger on the actual tweet and see what happens. Might give you a copy option.

Tried that earlier but nothing happens.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1037: Jul 02, 2018 09:43:24 am
      That is excellent news Al,especially the no release clause,just got to hope the club don't hope to get rich on him by flogging him.
      It’s always gonna be a worry in the modern game Billy.

I’d feel a lot worse if he hadn’t signed though.

I criticise the owners plenty but I think this is all they could realistically do to protect the asset........now to supplement it!
      _Dimitri_
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 211 posts |
      Reply #1038: Jul 02, 2018 10:18:44 am
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1039: Jul 02, 2018 11:04:40 am
      Mo : Well In Lad !

Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah has signed a new five-year contract with the club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44679819

The 26-year-old Egypt international joined the Reds for £34m from Roma last summer and has scored 44 goals in 52 appearances for the club.

His new deal, which runs until 2023, does not contain a release clause.

"It demonstrates two things very clearly - his belief in Liverpool and our belief in him," said Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp.

Salah was the top scorer in the Premier League last season as he netted 32 top-flight goals - the most by a player in a 38-game season - to win the Golden Boot.

His performances also helped him win last season's Professional Footballers' Association Player of the Year award and Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year.

'When someone like Mo commits it speaks loudly'

"I think this news can be seen for what it is; rewarding a person who performed and contributed greatly for the team and the club last season," said Klopp.

"We want world-class talent to see they have a home at Anfield where they can fulfil all their professional dreams and ambitions - we are working hard together to achieve this.

"When someone like Mo Salah commits and says this place is my home now, it speaks very loudly I think.

"Equally, our commitment to him says we see his value and want him to grow even more and get even better within our environment."

Liverpool finished fourth in the league last season and reached the Champions League final, in which they were beaten 3-1 by Real Madrid.

Salah had to come off after half an hour of the final against the Spanish side after suffering a shoulder injury following a challenge from centre-back Sergio Ramos.

The problem put his participation at the 2018 World Cup in doubt and he missed Egypt's opening game - a 1-0 defeat by Uruguay - before starting against Russia and Saudi Arabia.

Salah scored in both of those games but could not stop his country from losing and going out in the group stages.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1040: Jul 02, 2018 11:08:38 am
      New contracts, as we know mean f*ck all except the player concerned gets extra money, I really don't see why everyone gets so overjoyed when it happens.

Because there is no release clause which means he’s committed to being here. And it shows we are willing to commit to players that perform. Sends a good message to prospective players.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1041: Jul 02, 2018 11:13:37 am
      New contracts, as we know mean f*ck all except the player concerned gets extra money, I really don't see why everyone gets so overjoyed when it happens.

I mean the best player in the league last season has only gone and committed his prime years to our club with no release clause.

To me that’s something to be pleased about!

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1042: Jul 02, 2018 11:23:17 am

Firstly it means the pl
      I mean the best player in the league last season has only gone and committed his prime years to our club with no release clause.

To me that’s something to be pleased about!

I think it's great news but some are just determined to be miserable.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1043: Jul 02, 2018 12:08:50 pm
      this will be the best contract handed out this summer absolutely brilliant news what a team we are going to have this coming season.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #1044: Jul 02, 2018 12:20:48 pm
      Great news, and he completely deserves his pay raise, he had a terrific campaign.

jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #1045: Jul 02, 2018 12:27:16 pm
      Im very happy thats hes staying but I dont get excited over the 5 year bit because thats a long time in football....or anything.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1046: Jul 02, 2018 04:23:44 pm
      His commitment is a new signing for us because we can't build a team each year from scratch. Now, we can build around him! So two of the front three are done, him and Firmino.

:) :)
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1047: Jul 02, 2018 04:34:41 pm

Because the opposite means his contract is running down and we risk him potentially leaving on a free like Can did? It's a win-win for Liverpool when a player like Salah extends his deal. It means he's either here long term or that if he suddenly decides to leave, being in a long contract we are likely get a much higher fee for him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1048: Jul 02, 2018 05:38:17 pm
      Because the opposite means his contract is running down and we risk him potentially leaving on a free like Can did? It's a win-win for Liverpool when a player like Salah extends his deal. It means he's either here long term or that if he suddenly decides to leave, being in a long contract we are likely get a much higher fee for him.

It's basically a pay-rise and an extra year on top of his current contract.

I imagine Can was offered something similar and turned it down knowing Juve were interested.
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #1049: Jul 26, 2018 05:42:14 pm
      Another celebrity that supports LFC! Trevor Noah,South african comedian,host of the daily show with Mo Salah!
      https://www.facebook.com/65639912452/posts/10156551121452453/
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1050: Jul 26, 2018 06:17:10 pm
      What a wonderful video.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1022526632668667905

He is an absolute star. His football has an honesty that the rest of today's top players don't have. Unlike some *cough, Neymar* he lets his football do all the talking instead of his corporate PR men.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1051: Aug 10, 2018 12:14:08 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1052: Aug 13, 2018 10:09:34 pm
      Salah up for using mobile phone whilst driving. In stead of being banned from driving perhaps they will be him from playing football for six months instead.  :f_whistle:  ;D
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1053: Aug 13, 2018 10:16:41 pm
      Salah up for using mobile phone whilst driving. In stead of being banned from driving perhaps they will be him from playing football for six months instead.  :f_whistle:  ;D

And the witch hunt begins, all the manc loving press will make a meal of this mountains out of mole hills.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1054: Aug 13, 2018 10:26:56 pm

Blert who videoed it is a right bad tit and should be nailed for harassment.

Apparently makes a living outta sending kids up with sh*t to sign then flogging it.

Not good but Mo will be looked after by the club etc.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1055: Aug 13, 2018 10:43:33 pm
      And the witch hunt begins, all the manc loving press will make a meal of this mountains out of mole hills.

Witch hunt.  :lmao: It's a joke lighten up.  :roll:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1056: Aug 13, 2018 10:46:09 pm
      Blert who videoed it is a right bad tit and should be nailed for harassment.

Apparently makes a living outta sending kids up with sh*t to sign then flogging it.

Not good but Mo will be looked after by the club etc.

I wouldn't even be bothered. Not exactly crime of the century. Scum press making a mountain out of a mole hill as usual.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1057: Aug 13, 2018 10:51:24 pm
      Witch hunt.  :lmao: It's a joke lighten up.  :roll:

It might be a joke to you but we know how this type of sh*t plays out and how the manc loving media will get their teeth into this, the storm they made out of Suarez and Evra. This is their chance to unsettle a LFC player with all the pc bullshit that comes with it.,

Quick Reply