Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546505 times
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #1219: Sep 29, 2018 10:55:43 pm
      I thought his movement was better but his touch was still terrible and he should have been subbed much earlier. Btw why would his confidence be low, is it because of all his awards?
      His touch was good. Gave a lot of passes on the first touch, lots of ''one two's'' near the area, received passes and put himself in space with his touch. It was his finishing that was bad, be it in terms of scoring or delivering the last pass like we saw with his lobbed pass for Firmino.

However, I didn't see anything much better from Mane or Firmino during the 1st half (which was the bulk of Salah's playing time today). The only player to actually put himself in scoring situations during that time was Salah. Had he been clinical we might had left for the dressing room with a 2-1 lead at halftime and we'd all be talking about how genius he is. He's only being judged with the ''I scored 40+ goals last season'' glasses.

If we apply the same logic to Mane or Firmino then what gives? Mane did not score and actually did not put himself in scoring positions or create as much Salah did? Should've benched him after the first 20 minutes?

To answer your question: I don't know if it's a lack of confidence or just putting too much pressure on himself, but he is slowly getting out of it. I think it's mostly the FA thing that had him a bit less focused and frustrated when things didn't go his way on the pitch, but he is smiling again and playing much better football. Seems like a pretty calm guy that is not used to find himself in the middle of bull**** like that so it must've been quite the ride for him.

At the end of the day, if he ends this season with 20 goals then who are we to criticize? That was everybody's expectation of the lad and it's not like we could name a lot of RW's who score 30+ a season every season.

Substitution could've been Mane or even Firmino for all I care. They were both either playing at about the same level he was playing or less its just that Salah is somehow expected to score on every chance he gets. I'm confident he is improving tho.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1220: Sep 29, 2018 11:15:09 pm
      So stats now pretty similar to this stage last season...Nice!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1221: Sep 30, 2018 12:43:28 am
      For what ever reason he is still not fully firing, can never question his desire as he will run all day and get into great positions.

But some of his attempts on goal were let's be honest shocking, through on goal last year he would have taken the shot early before the keeper was set and there would have been no need to go around him.

Thing is though as like most strikers he will suddenly start firing no rhyme and reason with strikers unless of course you are Benteke  :o
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #1222: Sep 30, 2018 02:11:15 am
      Mo is close, he just needs to put his shooting boots on 😉
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1223: Oct 02, 2018 11:57:11 am
      So stats now pretty similar to this stage last season...Nice!!

Yep, I think people tend to forget that he started off slowly last season, and missed a lot of chances.

It'll come.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1224: Oct 02, 2018 06:49:50 pm
      I trust Salah 100% to become good. He's world class.. right now he has been a bit off but he can score even when playing badly,  strikers don't always score even when playing well.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1225: Oct 03, 2018 06:04:12 am
      Lad gets lucky on that back heel against Southampton and he's at the same number of goals than last year and everybody is going crazy.

He manages to finish that tight angle shot on his weak foot against Chelsea and we are mind blown and saying he is an absolute genius because he is actually having a better season so far statistically than last year.

My point is that some of us are making a big fuss out of nothing. Let the lad play. He is slowly finding his form back.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1226: Oct 03, 2018 06:19:02 am
      Lad gets lucky on that back heel against Southampton and he's at the same number of goals than last year and everybody is going crazy.

He manages to finish that tight angle shot on his weak foot against Chelsea and we are mind blown and saying he is an absolute genius because he is actually having a better season so far statistically than last year.

My point is that some of us are making a big fuss out of nothing. Let the lad play. He is slowly finding his form back.

Word.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1227: Oct 03, 2018 06:31:04 am
      Goal line clearance by Rudiger, back heal just wide...he’s been very unlucky on a number of occasions, only a matter of time before he smashes a hat trick past someone.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #1228: Oct 03, 2018 06:55:19 am
      Goal line clearance by Rudiger, back heal just wide...he’s been very unlucky on a number of occasions, only a matter of time before he smashes a hat trick past someone.

I'd much prefer that against city.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1229: Oct 03, 2018 10:46:03 am

Its not being unlucky, he is way off form, that one on one chance last season and he'd be slotting it past the GK, no need to run round him and then do a limp easily saveable shot.
      I absolutely have faith that Mo will regain his form, I just hope its sooner rather than later because by his insanely high standards this really is becoming a slump now.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #1230: Oct 03, 2018 12:43:42 pm
      Mo for a double tonight
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1231: Oct 03, 2018 01:38:03 pm
      Its not being unlucky, he is way off form, that one on one chance last season and he'd be slotting it past the GK, no need to run round him and then do a limp easily saveable shot.
      I absolutely have faith that Mo will regain his form, I just hope its sooner rather than later because by his insanely high standards this really is becoming a slump now.
      It's a bit of both. He's been off form and unlucky I think. I'd still start him because a Salah on form is world class, he won't become on form from the bench as quickly.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1232: Oct 03, 2018 06:46:04 pm
      It's a bit of both. He's been off form and unlucky I think. I'd still start him because a Salah on form is world class, he won't become on form from the bench as quickly.

I agree, he can only find form through playing but he needs to be hooked early if he is having a stinker.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1233: Oct 03, 2018 10:23:46 pm
      Still had strapping on his shoulder after the game.
      Might be 2nd half of the season before he returns to form.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1234: Oct 04, 2018 07:26:17 pm
      Still had strapping on his shoulder after the game.
      Might be 2nd half of the season before he returns to form.
      I just hope it's not one of those that never heal.

I'm wondering is it fully healed? Does he need time off to recover properly or is it just something that goes away with game time?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1235: Oct 05, 2018 01:28:10 am
      Any ideas why he would take off his shirt at the end of the game and give it to Ancelotti? That's a weird one for sure.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1236: Oct 05, 2018 12:05:09 pm
      Any ideas why he would take off his shirt at the end of the game and give it to Ancelotti? That's a weird one for sure.

Maybe Ancelotti just asked him for it?
      I imagine they already know each other from the time Salah spent in Italy.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1237: Oct 05, 2018 12:18:58 pm

Not as good a reason as the dutch international who supposedly swapped shirts with a german player for the sole intention of wiping his arse with it
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1238: Oct 05, 2018 12:20:29 pm
      Not as good a reason as the dutch international who supposedly swapped shirts with a german player for the sole intention of wiping his arse with it

:lmao:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1239: Oct 05, 2018 12:31:22 pm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1240: Oct 07, 2018 12:41:13 pm
      I call match winner today
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1241: Oct 07, 2018 06:46:25 pm
      Does he have a twin and Mo is actually back in Egypt having a rest because he is nothing like the player from last year and that goes for Mane and Bobby.

Quick Reply