Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 573884 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,357 posts | 6398 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #3450: Oct 27, 2021 02:23:13 pm
      My opinion (not that anyone cares) is that his new contract will be announced during the winter transfer window. There will be talk of links to Real Madrid and then the announcement will come.

If it goes past that, we've got a problem because then as summer nears, it's going to be a HUGE issue that won't end well for the club. If FSG don't re-sign him, that will be the last straw for a lot of supporters.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3451: Oct 27, 2021 03:38:55 pm
      Fsg won't pay the going rate.

I believe they are looking for 400k but would probably settle at 350k. Silly money bug this is the game today.

Like can and wijnaldum I can see him entering the final 12 months because fsg will be happy paying him what they are currently paying him.

Yes Mo loves the club, and wants to stay for ever. But don't use that to try and not give him what he is worth. Because someone else will pay it ... something fsg still don't seem to understand.

Its a false economy to let him go because they'll end up forking out 60 million to replace him with an inferior player and end up paying that player the money Salah is on now.

Mo looks in amazing shape and could play on at a high level into his mid 30s. I'm confident we can reach an agreement with him.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,695 posts | 3935 
      Reply #3452: Oct 27, 2021 11:45:53 pm
      Its a false economy to let him go because they'll end up forking out 60 million to replace him with an inferior player and end up paying that player the money Salah is on now.

Mo looks in amazing shape and could play on at a high level into his mid 30s. I'm confident we can reach an agreement with him.

Bang F***ing on
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,157 posts | 261 
      Reply #3453: Oct 28, 2021 06:16:27 am
      Fsg won't pay the going rate.

I believe they are looking for 400k but would probably settle at 350k. Silly money bug this is the game today.

Like can and wijnaldum I can see him entering the final 12 months because fsg will be happy paying him what they are currently paying him.

Yes Mo loves the club, and wants to stay for ever. But don't use that to try and not give him what he is worth. Because someone else will pay it ... something fsg still don't seem to understand.

IMO Gini or Emre Can situations are much different to Mo Salah.
      No team want to pay big money for Can or Gini and LFC know well it is not big problem let them go.
      No one crazy enough to let Mo leave for free, and FSG surely working on this.

I myself would not surprise if Mo leave to PSG next summer if Mbappe sign at RM.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1801 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3454: Oct 28, 2021 10:12:03 am

yup.

Extending his contract now for another few years saves chasing for another top forward that could cost over £100m + wages
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,262 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3455: Oct 28, 2021 10:45:46 am
      yup.

Extending his contract now for another few years saves chasing for another top forward that could cost over £100m + wages

Yes but we are talking FSG here......
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #3456: Oct 28, 2021 10:53:58 am

Dont put it past them to sell a few players to finance the deal. As each game and each season goes by the more and more its clear they won the lottery twice first buying the club for next to nothing and secondly getting Jürgen in.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1801 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3457: Oct 28, 2021 10:59:58 am

Suppose aye. can only wait and see.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #3458: Oct 28, 2021 11:15:47 am
      If Newcastle came in with a £200mil offer and £500k a week would FSG dismiss it out of hand or just look at the financial benefit of the deal ?.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1801 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3459: Oct 28, 2021 11:25:52 am
      If Newcastle came in with a £200mil offer and £500k a week would FSG dismiss it out of hand or just look at the financial benefit of the deal ?.

L O L

Doubt it, but Suppose £200mill to then re-invest in the team aint a bad thing.

Hard to replace salahs goals though.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,660 posts | 489 
      Reply #3460: Oct 28, 2021 12:13:45 pm

And why would a winner like Salah go to Newcastle? It's gonna take a fair few years for them to become a solid team.

People should take a F***ing break instead of pulling scenarios out of their arse. It's gonna get sorted out . End of.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1801 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3461: Oct 28, 2021 12:33:10 pm
      And why would a winner like Salah go to Newcastle? It's gonna take a fair few years for them to become a solid team.

People should take a f**king break instead of pulling scenarios out of their arse. It's gonna get sorted out . End of.

:smack:  ;D

Its just chat. Its something that could happen, we just dont know.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,087 posts | 2735 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3462: Oct 28, 2021 12:57:18 pm
      :smack:  ;D

Its just chat. Its something that could happen, we just dont know.

Trust me Brez it isn't happening, members just going overboard with their opinions.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1801 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3463: Oct 28, 2021 01:28:25 pm
      Trust me Brez it isn't happening, members just going overboard with their opinions.

;D I dont think it will happen too, but nowt wrong with speculating. ;-)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #3464: Oct 28, 2021 02:11:41 pm
      well if it was a soulless club like UTD it could happen but just to clarify for the hard of reading it was a comment about FSG what they would do if money was dangled in front of them I dont need A snide Manc commenting.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #3465: Oct 28, 2021 03:51:38 pm
      They gave LeBron James a stake in the club yet our most important player struggles to get his pay value….
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,124 posts | 3459 
      Reply #3466: Oct 28, 2021 04:27:40 pm
      They gave LeBron James a stake in the club yet our most important player struggles to get his pay value….

LeBron “bought” a stake in FSG

At least attempt to be factually correct ffs

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,087 posts | 2735 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3467: Oct 28, 2021 04:51:46 pm
      ;D I dont think it will happen too, but nowt wrong with speculating. ;-)

Drama Queens Brez   ;D
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,812 posts | 1406 
      Reply #3468: Oct 28, 2021 04:55:37 pm
      sh*t, FSG was giving away stakes into their company? unfortunate i missed this give-away day. Sigh, what could have been getting millions given to me.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3469: Oct 28, 2021 05:02:48 pm

Ha Newcastle aren't even going to be in the Premier League next season at the rate they're going but people trying to use them as examples for Salah.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1801 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3470: Oct 29, 2021 09:06:39 am
      Interesting, whether its true or not, who knows.

Liverpools' clever solution
      However, as negotiations rumble on, there appears to finally be some light at the end of the tunnel, with TEAMtalk reporting that Liverpool may have come up with a clever solution to the problem.

The publication claims that Liverpool have tabled on offer that boasts a lucrative signing on fee that could prove to be the breakthrough we have all been waiting for.

With FSG concerns over Salah's age, the signing on fee means they get to hold onto their talisman, without locking themselves into a long term deal that would bind them to a monstrous wage bill, even if Salah's on field returns should diminish.

It also shows Salah that he is valued at the club he loves.

This development will come as music to the ears of Liverpool fans, who have been desperate for positive news with regards to Salah's long term future on Merseyside.

The man himself seems desperate to stay, only last week stating that he would love to end his career at the club.

Should he be tempted by Liverpool's clever negotiating tactic, then that might be a genuine possibility.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,821 posts | 6771 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3471: Oct 31, 2021 10:16:37 pm
      He's gonna be pissed next time he plays Brighton after the cheeky tweet they put out!

Expect that LB of theirs to be humiliated next time!

Remember Mo used to get upset by not scoring against United, now he can't stop scoring against them.

Fear the worst next meeting Brighton!

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,602 posts | 748 
      Reply #3472: Nov 03, 2021 12:25:01 am

Quick Reply