Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 592183 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #3496: Dec 02, 2021 05:05:24 pm
      Some other club will give it him if we don’t and personally I want the best player in the world here thanks

So yeah I’d give him what he wants

VVD is currently on £220k a week

Salah asks for over £500k a week - plus bonuses etc that’s a huge jump in the wage bill which then starts to eat in on the income - £25mil a year.

The club won’t give him that level of basic pay. 

The club will be offering him a wage that makes him the highest paid player in history and will be laden with bonuses etc - if he doesn’t want that and wants more money. That’s starts going into greed
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #3497: Dec 02, 2021 05:08:49 pm

VVD is currently on £220k a week

Salah asks for over £500k a week - plus bonuses etc that’s a huge jump in the wage bill which then starts to eat in on the income - £25mil a year.

The club won’t give him that level of basic pay. 

The club will be offering him a wage that makes him the highest paid player in history and will be laden with bonuses etc - if he doesn’t want that and wants more money. That’s starts going into greed

Market value

Sorry but if you want to be the best you have to pay what they’re worth

You may be, but I won’t be happy if we lose Mo
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #3498: Dec 02, 2021 05:13:28 pm
      Pay him in gold, like an Egyptian King. This should have been wrapped up ages ago. It could be the owners although I always suspect it's the agents that complicate things, angling for a bigger cut. Mo himself has already committed himself in principle to see his career out at LFC and we should leave him in no doubt that the feeling is mutual.

Agent do suck. All the other players we re-signed this summer did so quietly and quickly so the longer this drags out the more i start to believe the agent is complicating things. When all this comes to a resolution, we will get to see how much Mo is about the team and staying here and how much is about the money. With Van Dijk at 220K he can easily be at 300K + bonuses and everyone is happy, but if he's steadfast on getting 500K/wk when we know the team would likely never do that then we know what it was all about.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,729 posts | 3946 
      Reply #3499: Dec 02, 2021 05:19:36 pm
      He’s worth whatever he’s asking for

Absolutely - is the best player in the world and deserves to be paid as so.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #3500: Dec 02, 2021 05:39:47 pm
      Market value

Sorry but if you want to be the best you have to pay what they’re worth

You may be, but I won’t be happy if we lose Mo

Which market ? The over inflated where PSG massively spend significantly more than others or the one where Riaola is demanding massively over inflated wages

We can’t as a club just pay whatever a player wants - it’s not sustainable
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #3501: Dec 02, 2021 05:58:04 pm

Which market ? The over inflated where PSG massively spend significantly more than others or the one where Riaola is demanding massively over inflated wages

We can’t as a club just pay whatever a player wants - it’s not sustainable

The current market, no matter who sets it, it’s the current market

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #3502: Dec 02, 2021 06:07:14 pm
      The current market, no matter who sets it, it’s the current market

VVD is the best CB in the world £220k a week

John Stones - £250k
      Sterling -£250k
      Grealish -£300k

Gini at PSG - £360k plus

Messi £1mil a week
      Neymar £600k

Lewondonski £350k

Bale £500k

So where is the base level ? Messi at £1mil

Or maybe Lewondonski who is along with Salah the two best players in the world and is on £350k

Or does it depend on who the club is

Munich are in the same situation as us and pay respectful wages

PSG , City etc pay way over the odds

So do we continue to be like Munich

Or start to match the level of wages of oil clubs 🤷‍♂️

And then with the money coming from the income it starts to eat into the transfer money and people start to complain about the lack of signings - we can just point to the wages given with the club bowing to players demands 🤷‍♂️

A basic wage around £300 to 350k will be what the club imo will be looking at - that imo is market value and more than enough
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #3503: Dec 02, 2021 06:10:01 pm
      I don’t know where I have said that we should match the oil clubs - you have said that

I have said we should do everything we can to keep the best player in the world and I f**king stick to that

As I said, if you’re happy with him leaving, I’m not

I don’t care for your spreadsheets, I see what he did on the pitch last night, how vital he is to us, his second goal is something that very few players in the world can do right now… I see all that, and I think we do whatever we can to keep him
      Simple
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3504: Dec 02, 2021 06:16:34 pm

VVD is the best CB in the world £220k a week

John Stones - £250k
      Sterling -£250k
      Grealish -£300k

Gini at PSG - £360k plus

Messi £1mil a week
      Neymar £600k

Lewondonski £350k

Bale £500k

So where is the base level ? Messi at £1mil

Or maybe Lewondonski who is along with Salah the two best players in the world and is on £350k

Or does it depend on who the club is

Munich are in the same situation as us and pay respectful wages

PSG , City etc pay way over the odds

So do we continue to be like Munich

Or start to match the level of wages of oil clubs 🤷‍♂️

And then with the money coming from the income it starts to eat into the transfer money and people start to complain about the lack of signings - we can just point to the wages given with the club bowing to players demands 🤷‍♂️

A basic wage around £300 to 350k will be what the club imo will be looking at - that imo is market value and more than enough

I think Mo will want pay in line with his world standing without being a greedy b***ard

I also think that paying him what he wants will see us changing our trophy count from 19 premier league titles to a figure in the 20s and the European cup going up a number or 2

Alternative is watch him go and then have to spend crazy money trying to replace him
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #3505: Dec 02, 2021 06:17:52 pm
      I don’t know where I have said that we should match the oil clubs - you have said that

You were saying doesn’t matter which club sets the market value and it’s the oil clubs that spend the big wages 🤷‍♂️

I have said we should do everything we can to keep the best player in the world and I f**king stick to that

As I said, if you’re happy with him leaving, I’m not

I don’t think anyone said they would be happy with him leaving - just said that the club shouldn’t just give whatever the players agent demands

I don’t care for your spreadsheets, I see what he did on the pitch last night, how vital he is to us, his second goal is something that very few players in the world can do right now… I see all that, and I think we do whatever we can to keep him
      Simple

Someone has to worry about the spreadsheets as you call them - they are crucial to the club running and staying a float. If you want to see a club whose fans prob didn’t care about spreadsheets and just wanted to do whatever is takes was Barcelona

You started going on about market value and what other clubs will offer.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #3506: Dec 02, 2021 06:20:26 pm

You were saying doesn’t matter which club sets the market value and it’s the oil clubs that spend the big wages 🤷‍♂️

I don’t think anyone said they would be happy with him leaving - just said that the club shouldn’t just give whatever the players agent demands

Someone has to worry about the spreadsheets as you call them - they are crucial to the club running and staying a float. If you want to see a club whose fans prob didn’t care about spreadsheets and just wanted to do whatever is takes was Barcelona

You started going on about market value and what other clubs will offer.

Ah… so you inferred what you think I meant?

Sound

Anyway.. would be a massive failing of FSG if he walks

I think Mo will want pay in line with his world standing without being a greedy b***ard

I also think that paying him what he wants will see us changing our trophy count from 19 premier league titles to a figure in the 20s and the European cup going up a number or 2

Alternative is watch him go and then have to spend crazy money trying to replace him

They wouldn’t spend crazy money to replace him though Bri, they’d expect us to find another one like him for 35m again or whatever
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #3507: Dec 02, 2021 06:22:07 pm

And as I said what is want is being asked is beyond that - what if it is £500k plus ? Haaland agent for example was demanding £650k a week , £20mins signing fee , £10mil to the agent , Plus bonuses as well.

The player will know what the club will be willing to offer - and there will be leeway but what does the club do if the demands are a significant amount more than what the club are willing to offer

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #3508: Dec 02, 2021 06:35:35 pm
      Agent do suck. All the other players we re-signed this summer did so quietly and quickly so the longer this drags out the more i start to believe the agent is complicating things. When all this comes to a resolution, we will get to see how much Mo is about the team and staying here and how much is about the money. With Van Dijk at 220K he can easily be at 300K + bonuses and everyone is happy, but if he's steadfast on getting 500K/wk when we know the team would likely never do that then we know what it was all about.

If the demands are that high then the club won’t pay it - then they will left with the choice off to sell him or let him go for a free like Gini. Tough one all-round but it’s also a symptom of the money in the game.

If Salah doesn’t care about the money and just wants to be at the club then there will be no issue and they will come to an agreement
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #3509: Dec 02, 2021 07:31:45 pm
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #3510: Dec 02, 2021 07:51:57 pm
      If the demands are that high then the club won’t pay it - then they will left with the choice off to sell him or let him go for a free like Gini. Tough one all-round but it’s also a symptom of the money in the game.

If Salah doesn’t care about the money and just wants to be at the club then there will be no issue and they will come to an agreement

That's how i see it. If Salah is truthful in wanting to stay at the club, and the club is truthful in wanting to resign him, then there should not be an issue finding a compromise that works for both.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #3511: Dec 02, 2021 07:53:01 pm
      That's how i see it. If Salah is truthful in wanting to stay at the club, and the club is truthful in wanting to resign him, then there should not be an issue finding a compromise that works for both.

I’m pretty sure that will happen to be honest

Announced say Jan 30th so it’s all the talk on the 31st
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #3512: Dec 02, 2021 08:03:36 pm

If Salah doesn't care about the money then he could play for nothing. I love how we can all sit here and say how much a footballer should take home. Are they overpaid? Probably, but also they are in the top .05% of athletes in the world that can do what they do. They make sacrifices that most of us wouldn't make. It is what it is. If Salah wants to make 500k per week and he can show where it's justified, that's his business. Maybe he spends 450k of it on charity and lives on the rest...I don't know and that's none of my business. But if there's another team out there that would pay him that wage, then that's the market. I don't know that we can afford that so if he sticks to that he walks, but I remember everyone on this board having a pity party for Gini because the club wouldn't pay him what he wanted and he had earned a higher wage and was a thankless servant, blah, blah blah.... Well Mo is no different...if Gini was in the right to find the best deal, then so is Mo.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #3513: Dec 02, 2021 08:10:10 pm
      If Salah doesn't care about the money then he could play for nothing. I love how we can all sit here and say how much a footballer should take home. Are they overpaid? Probably, but also they are in the top .05% of athletes in the world that can do what they do. They make sacrifices that most of us wouldn't make. It is what it is. If Salah wants to make 500k per week and he can show where it's justified, that's his business. Maybe he spends 450k of it on charity and lives on the rest...I don't know and that's none of my business. But if there's another team out there that would pay him that wage, then that's the market. I don't know that we can afford that so if he sticks to that he walks, but I remember everyone on this board having a pity party for Gini because the club wouldn't pay him what he wanted and he had earned a higher wage and was a thankless servant, blah, blah blah.... Well Mo is no different...if Gini was in the right to find the best deal, then so is Mo.

I’m guessing you do understand that some of us pay a significant amount of money into the club and that’s used for players wages - and imo it’s time that something is done about the level of wages players get but that’s a different story.

Gini was offered a new contract , turned it down , was on his way to Barce until PSG came in with a huge contact offer and now he is sitting on the bench - not bothered

If Salah goes because of money then I’ll be hugely disappointed in him but it will also be how modern football is
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,507 posts | 2871 
      Reply #3514: Dec 02, 2021 08:49:01 pm
      Still think the deal will get done. There will just be too much fallout for FSG to deal with if they let the best player in the world go for free in 18 months or for a discounted price next summer.

Deadline day mentioned above is a good shout to take away from what I presume will be another quiet window for us.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,251 posts | 1227 
      Reply #3515: Dec 02, 2021 10:34:48 pm
      Still think the deal will get done. There will just be too much fallout for FSG to deal with if they let the best player in the world go for free in 18 months or for a discounted price next summer.

Deadline day mentioned above is a good shout to take away from what I presume will be another quiet window for us.

Agreed. It will happen as it would be insane for both parties not to find a solution. The Gini situation bears no comparison. We are talking about our best player and currently the best player in world football IMO.

In some ways I wonder whether the deal isn't already more or less agreed and if it is more a question of timing and managing expectations. But the more it is delayed, the more he cements himself as one of our greatest ever players the more £££ he will command and it's hard to argue against that.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #3516: Dec 03, 2021 05:33:46 pm
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #3517: Dec 03, 2021 05:56:36 pm
      Pay him what he wants
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,492 posts | 8676 
      Reply #3518: Dec 04, 2021 01:32:44 pm
      Always got to be a limit - can’t just give players whatever they want.

Nah, Salah's worth it!!

We can get rid of some players, but to actually actively let Mo go would be criminal.

Quick Reply