Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 559234 times
      jabv and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,016 posts | 2089 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #3519: Dec 04, 2021 01:36:05 pm

Incredible. Henry is, to me, the greatest ever Premier League era player so this is simply unbelievable.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #3520: Dec 04, 2021 01:46:18 pm
      Quote from 7-King Kenny-7
      27 G/A in those 19 games.

Only failed to have a goal involvement in 1 league game this season - Burnley, and even in that game he had a goal wrongly ruled out for offside.

It was the correct call, as he was well off. Just like when he scored his 100th goal at Brentford, when he was well on.

Sorry I don't have much to offer on the contract figures, for a contract that doesn't have to be renewed for another 18 months. He will be offered one, possibly already has been. If he wants to win major trophies he'll grab a pen. If he wants a bigger bank account, he won't.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3521: Dec 06, 2021 04:10:12 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,225 posts | 6352 
      Reply #3522: Dec 06, 2021 05:09:02 pm
      Purely speculation on my part and I hope I'm wrong (probably likely) but it seems like maybe FSG is concerned about a huge contract outlay to a player turning 30. Although at this point there is no viable alternative available for reasonable money so I'm really not sure why this hasn't been taken care of. I feel like the longer it goes on the chances of it turning into a Gini situation are only going to increase. 
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #3523: Dec 06, 2021 05:19:03 pm
      Purely speculation on my part and I hope I'm wrong (probably likely) but it seems like maybe FSG is concerned about a huge contract outlay to a player turning 30. Although at this point there is no viable alternative available for reasonable money so I'm really not sure why this hasn't been taken care of. I feel like the longer it goes on the chances of it turning into a Gini situation are only going to increase.

Have no doubt, FSGs main consideration behind contracts is resale value and thatā€™s a massive concern here with Mo

I thought that it would be close, this throws a big doubt over that

I still thinks itā€™s sorted and announced by January 30th though
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3524: Dec 06, 2021 05:30:34 pm
      wow I never thought I would see someone who called themselves a Liverpool supporter back some owners who only love the value of the club over someone who is clearly going to be one of our all time greats. Losing Mo would be impossible to recover from nobody could replace him as I see it at present. Equally if he goes the same quality player is going to be expensive so stop F***ing about with Penguins and get this sorted or it may actually start affecting his performance.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #3525: Dec 06, 2021 05:34:31 pm
      Have no doubt, FSGs main consideration behind contracts is resale value and thatā€™s a massive concern here with Mo

I thought that it would be close, this throws a big doubt over that

I still thinks itā€™s sorted and announced by January 30th though

I agree that it will be sorted but itā€™s going to be a complicated situation
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #3526: Dec 06, 2021 05:41:04 pm

I agree that it will be sorted but itā€™s going to be a complicated situation

Shouldnā€™t be

FSG showing here they arenā€™t concerned with on field issues anywhere near as off field

This should be cut and dry
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #3527: Dec 06, 2021 05:52:37 pm
      Shouldnā€™t be

FSG showing here they arenā€™t concerned with on field issues anywhere near as off field

This should be cut and dry

Itā€™s never cut and dry if demands are beyond what the club offers - it was cut and dry for the likes of

VVD, Allison , Robbo , Fabinho

Henderson was a bit longer

If Salahs agents demands are that much more than the club wants to offers then itā€™s far from simple
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #3528: Dec 06, 2021 06:00:25 pm

Itā€™s never cut and dry if demands are beyond what the club offers - it was cut and dry for the likes of

If Salahs agents demands are that much more than the club wants to offers then itā€™s far from simple

Heā€™s one of the best players in the world

Heā€™s a match winner, a game changer

It should be simple if we have ambition

If your motive as a club is to buy players cheaper, and develop them to world class level,  then when they get there you have to pay them their worth

If they lose him itā€™s their failing and shows their ultimate lack of ambition
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #3529: Dec 06, 2021 06:12:34 pm

Salah's the one who's been a bit of a squeaky wheel compared to the rest of the squad. He put it out there he wasn't happy that game someone else (Trent?) got the captaincy ahead of him, and not too long ago said something along the lines of "you never know what will happen" when asked about playing in Spain in the future. It will be interesting to see how these negotiations pan out, but given that, chances are they will be made more public than what we saw with other players who upped in the summer.

Most recent number i've seen reported is 400K/week, which is just about 2x Virgil, who is our highest paid player at the moment, and i don't see happening. If Mo is truthful about staying at LFC, he and the team will find a compromise somewhere between Virgil and the reported 400K and make it work.

His contract is 18 months from expiring and 12+ months from being able to talk to anyone about a free transfer in the following summer, but all you need is one click bait from an agent or reporter and the clown show ensues. We saw that over the summer with Hendo and this is no different.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #3530: Dec 06, 2021 06:18:26 pm
      Heā€™s one of the best players in the world

Heā€™s a match winner, a game changer

It should be simple if we have ambition

If your motive as a club is to buy players cheaper, and develop them to world class level,  then when they get there you have to pay them their worth

If they lose him itā€™s their failing and shows their ultimate lack of ambition

No one is doubting his ability

But there has to be a limit to how much the club gave spend on wages , bonuses etc

Also got to look at the impact on the squad as well

Lots of player have just had new contacts - accepted the wage structure- is one player bigger than the club to allow them to go beyond that structure ?

Lots of talk about Salah desperate to stay and loving the club etc - so it shouldnā€™t take too much - but the club arenā€™t going to blindly to give whatever is asked
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #3531: Dec 06, 2021 06:21:14 pm

But there has to be a limit to how much the club gave spend on wages , bonuses etc

Also got to look at the impact on the squad as well

Then there has to be a limit on how good we can be? I canā€™t accept that and I canā€™t give them a free pass on it either

Sorry you can

The impact on the squad? They will all know we are better with Mo in it, so I think youā€™re searching there

Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s genuinely sad or laughable the Lengths some will go to back the owners over anything else
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #3532: Dec 06, 2021 06:25:17 pm
      Then there has to be a limit on how good we can be? I canā€™t accept that and I canā€™t give them a free pass on it either

Sorry you can

The impact on the squad? They will all know we are better with Mo in it, so I think youā€™re searching there

We won the league and CL and currently challenging once again with the wage structure ? We have signed some world class players

Got to have a limit on the wage bill

Man Utd are paying players big wages - how is that working out ?

More money doesnā€™t always equal better performance on the pitch

VVD is the highest paid player in the squad at Ā£220k - If the reports right that he wants Ā£500k a well thatā€™s more than double -thatā€™s not going to happen as Salah is not twice as important as VVD
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #3533: Dec 06, 2021 06:28:23 pm

We won the league and CL and currently challenging once again with the wage structure ? We have signed some world class players

VVD is the highest paid player in the squad at Ā£220k - If the reports right that he wants Ā£500k a well thatā€™s more than double -thatā€™s not going to happen as Salah is not twice as important as VVD

Forwards always demand and get more wages than defenders, no matter how good that defender is, not sure why youā€™re trying to rewrite history there

We won that with Mo in the side, now his contract is up we have to pay him his current worth, ie one of the worlds best players

Otherwise itā€™s start again and again a new again

Let Mo go would be a F***ing disaster and a failure from FSG
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3534: Dec 06, 2021 06:30:52 pm

Letā€™s use Man United as then bench mark ā€¦😂

But letā€™s ignore the success of Chelsea.. 🙄

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #3535: Dec 06, 2021 06:38:03 pm
      Forwards always demand and get more wages than defenders, no matter how good that defender is, not sure why youā€™re trying to rewrite history there

We won that with Mo in the side, now his contract is up we have to pay him his current worth, ie one of the worlds best players

Otherwise itā€™s start again and again a new again

Let Mo go would be a f**king disaster and a failure from FSG

His contact isnā€™t up - itā€™s over 18 months left to go

No one is ā€œrewritingā€ any history

And at some stage he will leave

And itā€™s not about one player in the team - Mo didnā€™t win the trophies on his own , he was part of a team that won the trophies - there is no way he will get double what other world class key players get.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #3536: Dec 06, 2021 06:41:47 pm

His contact isnā€™t up - itā€™s over 18 months left to go

No one is ā€œrewritingā€ any history

And at some stage he will leave

And itā€™s not about one player in the team - Mo didnā€™t win the trophies on his own , he was part of a team that won the trophies - there is no way he will get double what other world class key players get.

We arenā€™t talking about at some point we are talking about the next six months - no way they let him go fro free, theyā€™ll cash in if he wonā€™t sign

Striker always get more or bigger contracts than defenders so yes youā€™re rewriting history if you think he signs for the same rate, itā€™s never happened

Yes heā€™s been part of the team, but a F***ing integral part

I say again, if they let him leave, itā€™s a massive failing no matter what your narrative wants to paint
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #3537: Dec 06, 2021 06:41:51 pm
      Letā€™s use Man United as then bench mark ā€¦😂

But letā€™s ignore the success of Chelsea.. 🙄

The same Chelsea that also have a wage structure and only three players paid more than Ā£200k a week - Kante , Werner and Lukaku - with Lukaku at Ā£325

Just as we have three players paid more than Ā£200k a well
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #3538: Dec 06, 2021 06:44:28 pm
      We arenā€™t talking about at some point we are talking about the next six months - no way they let him go fro free, theyā€™ll cash in if he wonā€™t sign

Striker always get more or bigger contracts than defenders so yes youā€™re rewriting history if you think he signs for the same rate, itā€™s never happened

Yes heā€™s been part of the team, but a f**king integral part

I say again, if they let him leave, itā€™s a massive failing no matter what your narrative wants to paint

When did I say ā€œthe same rateā€ - Iā€™m clearly say he wonā€™t be given a contract thatā€™s worth double what VVD gets paid - thatā€™s the Ā£500k thatā€™s being reported

And VVD is an integral part , as is Alisson - we donā€™t win the league or CL without them

If Salah is asking for that money then itā€™s not going to happen - and he will be sold and then replaced
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #3539: Dec 06, 2021 06:51:34 pm
      When did I say ā€œthe same rateā€ - Iā€™m clearly say he wonā€™t be given a contract thatā€™s worth double what VVD gets paid - thatā€™s the Ā£500k thatā€™s being reported

And VVD is an integral part , as is Alisson - we donā€™t win the league or CL without them

If Salah is asking for that money then itā€™s not going to happen - and he will be sold and then replaced

Whatā€™s your limit then? 300k? 400k?

Even 500k is 25m a year, heā€™s currently on 200k, which is 10m a year, so a 15m a year pay rise.. if itā€™s 400k itā€™s double what heā€™s on now

For what we lose, it would cost us far more to replace him or we fall away again

I say again, sorry f he doesnā€™t sign itā€™s a failing of FSG and I donā€™t see how thatā€™s a debate

They could have done it 18months ago on 300k and it wouldnā€™t be a discussion now, so whichever way you mix it up itā€™s their failing that potentially one of the worlds best players could leave

I know you love them, but you donā€™t have to die on their hill defending them on every aspect mate
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #3540: Dec 06, 2021 07:01:07 pm
      Whatā€™s your limit then? 300k? 400k?

Even 500k is 25m a year, heā€™s currently on 200k, which is 10m a year, so a 15m a year pay rise.. if itā€™s 400k itā€™s double what heā€™s on now

Itā€™s not my limit -  but I suspect the club will be offering around Ā£300-Ā£320k

For what we lose, it would cost us far more to replace him or we fall away again

He isnā€™t 23-25 - he will be 30 next year and who knows what happened in 2/3 years time so the club will have to looking beyond him anyway - and it will be about transition with the players. Mo wonā€™t be around forever

Look at someone like Raphina and imagine what sort of output he could produce under Klopp - itā€™s something we did very well in the 70/80ā€™s and itā€™s something we need in place
      I say again, sorry f he doesnā€™t sign itā€™s a failing of FSG and I donā€™t see how thatā€™s a debate

They could have done it 18months ago on 300k and it wouldnā€™t be a discussion now, so whichever way you mix it up itā€™s their failing that potentially one of the worlds best players could leave

He had 2 and half years left and recently signed a new contract 2 years ago

A player doesnā€™t get a new contact every other year especially when they sign 5 year contracts

Players should never be able to dictate to clubs -

If the club offer Salah Ā£300-350k a week and he still turns it down - is that the fault of the club or the greed of the player ?

If the player is asking for way beyond a clubs budget then why is it always the clubs fault ?

I know you love them, but you donā€™t have to die on their hill defending them on every aspect mate

Love who ? Cut that sh*te out - it spoils a decent debate
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #3541: Dec 06, 2021 07:09:45 pm

Itā€™s not my limit -  but I suspect the club will be offering around Ā£300-Ā£320k

He isnā€™t 23-25 - he will be 30 next year and who knows what happened in 2/3 years time so the club will have to looking beyond him anyway - and it will be about transition with the players. Mo wonā€™t be around forever

Look at someone like Raphina and imagine what sort of output he could produce under Klopp - itā€™s something we did very well in the 70/80ā€™s and itā€™s something we need in place
      He had 2 and half years left and recently signed a new contract 2 years ago

A player doesnā€™t get a new contact every other year especially when they sign 5 year contracts

Players should never be able to dictate to clubs -

If the club offer Salah Ā£300-350k a week and he still turns it down - is that the fault of the club or the greed of the player ?

If the player is asking for way beyond a clubs budget then why is it always the clubs fault ?

Love who ? Cut that sh*te out - it spoils a decent debate

So youā€™d be happy for him to leave at the end of the season?

I know heā€™s 30 soon but this isnā€™t 1986 and he drinks 15 pints a night, heā€™s fit a F**k and will play at the highest level for the next 4-5 years without doubt. Heā€™s never injured, heā€™s a machine and heā€™s vital to us

So I donā€™t care, if he leaves it would be a massive failing by FSG
      Massive

Quick Reply