Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 574414 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,112 posts | 3367 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)
      Reply #5773: Sep 06, 2023 11:54:42 am
      Obviously no one of us know what will happen in the future, even the Mystic Megs among us don't really know but are people still going to be willing to sell Salah if this year is his best in a Liverpool shirt?

The new position for Trent seems to have helped him and Salah link up as was shown against Villa. He and Nunez have almost a Gerrard/Torres understanding of each other. He and Gakpo seem to have a good understanding as well. And over the course of the season he may strike up a real relationship with the new look midfield.

If he puts in 40 goals instead of his usual 30 and 20 assists instead of his usual 15 and we see an even better Mo Salah than we have over the last few years are people still saying "yeah sell him cause it's 150m".

Assits against Chelsea and Newcastle, coupled with goals against Bournemouth and Villa already this season. Four games, four direct goal involvements. Keep that sort of form up and no way we should be looking at selling him.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,018 posts | 3955 
      Reply #5774: Sep 06, 2023 12:05:34 pm
      No no, it was serious, remember the man in charge who says yes to transfers I believed has moved to France or somewhere else in Europe to make it easier to negotiate

Salah would be the face of their new football order and for people to think the Saudi won’t exist next year seem to be in a bubble

They have unlimited funds, the oil companies for example are all state owned to they get the profits, they were not stupid enough like us who sold off their national assets for a quick buck (see our water system making billions now for people on other countries.

Salah most likely in 2-3 years would leave on free, now we get 120-150m of money we would not normally get to buy the next salah so to speak and buy a midfield player and possible a cb if not with that money but with our existing budget.

Salah will have to contemplate the 'put out to graze' scenario where realistic competition does not exist as opposed to his present status which money can't buy, of being a top flight striker in the best league and the best team on the planet!

Off topic and the comment about making a quick buck by selling off our national assets - those assets power, transport, oil, water providers etc etc have all turned to sh*t in private hands while profits have soared.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,714 posts | 3719 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #5775: Sep 06, 2023 12:23:55 pm
      Cash in next Summer, not now! Or do a done now and loan him back to us for one season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #5776: Sep 06, 2023 12:47:08 pm
      Mo will leave next Summer for £150 mill by which time we'll have a replacement lined up.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5777: Sep 06, 2023 02:08:42 pm
      Obviously no one of us know what will happen in the future, even the Mystic Megs among us don't really know but are people still going to be willing to sell Salah if this year is his best in a Liverpool shirt?

The new position for Trent seems to have helped him and Salah link up as was shown against Villa. He and Nunez have almost a Gerrard/Torres understanding of each other. He and Gakpo seem to have a good understanding as well. And over the course of the season he may strike up a real relationship with the new look midfield.

If he puts in 40 goals instead of his usual 30 and 20 assists instead of his usual 15 and we see an even better Mo Salah than we have over the last few years are people still saying "yeah sell him cause it's 150m".

Assits against Chelsea and Newcastle, coupled with goals against Bournemouth and Villa already this season. Four games, four direct goal involvements. Keep that sort of form up and no way we should be looking at selling him.

Correct.

Wouldnt swap him for any player or any amount of money just now.

KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,507 posts | 222 
      Reply #5778: Sep 06, 2023 03:41:24 pm
      I'd offer Salah a new contract.

If he's off this will be Coutinho 2.0.
      Szoboszlai / Elliott will move to RW.
      A DM and a CB are signed with the funds from Salah.

You won't replace Salah directly.

I believe klopp will buy more of a goal threat as he is delighted with Ezo in cm

Call me cynical but I think Elliott will be like Jordan ibe and go in a couple of years

Personally believe we will buy a right winger and move Nunez full time in number 9 with jota and gapko also helping cover the front 3

Then a dm when Thiago goes and a cb

Salah cannot be replaced directly but the funds used to bring in quality in other positions too to improve is overall will be the goal as I mentioned

Salah is 32 next season, I would personally sell if we get 120-150m and i am his biggest defender on here if you look at how many times i went against the people having a go at home last year

It just makes footballing and business sense thinking long term
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,507 posts | 222 
      Reply #5779: Sep 06, 2023 03:45:16 pm
      Salah will have to contemplate the 'put out to graze' scenario where realistic competition does not exist as opposed to his present status which money can't buy, of being a top flight striker in the best league and the best team on the planet!

Off topic and the comment about making a quick buck by selling off our national assets - those assets power, transport, oil, water providers etc etc have all turned to sh*t in private hands while profits have soared.

Think about what we need as well

If we could sell salah and buy 3 quality players with his funds or even 2 for the next 8 years or so and then use our own funds to get another in, that could make us into a formidable force of a few seasons ago like we did with pip

Yeah that’s my point about the national assets, we sold them for a quick buck and look now, they are all making billions, shows how the current government is always short sighted. The main reason these other countries are so wealthy is they kept these assets

Imagine how much better off we would be controlling our own water and electricity for example ?

Beggars belief
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,812 posts | 1406 
      Reply #5780: Sep 06, 2023 03:56:43 pm
      I believe klopp will buy more of a goal threat as he is delighted with Ezo in cm

Call me cynical but I think Elliott will be like Jordan ibe and go in a couple of years

Personally believe we will buy a right winger and move Nunez full time in number 9 with jota and gapko also helping cover the front 3

Then a dm when Thiago goes and a cb

Salah cannot be replaced directly but the funds used to bring in quality in other positions too to improve is overall will be the goal as I mentioned

Salah is 32 next season, I would personally sell if we get 120-150m and i am his biggest defender on here if you look at how many times i went against the people having a go at home last year

It just makes footballing and business sense thinking long term

Next summer if the money is there i say let him go as well. He has a lot of miles on those legs and at 32yo we're not guaranteed a long runway of performance from him while we can take that money and build for the long term.

It seems Jürgen things big of Doak so would be interesting to see who he would get as a RW replacement for Salah who can perform at a high level but doesn't necessarily block Doak from taking over the position in a couple of years (if that is his plan).
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #5781: Sep 06, 2023 04:55:05 pm
      finishes tomorrow so they will have to go big or miss out £300mil coming in soon.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5782: Sep 06, 2023 05:56:40 pm
      finishes tomorrow so they will have to go big or miss out £300mil coming in soon.

Latest I’ve read is 215 million.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,507 posts | 222 
      Reply #5783: Sep 06, 2023 06:04:44 pm
      Next summer if the money is there i say let him go as well. He has a lot of miles on those legs and at 32yo we're not guaranteed a long runway of performance from him while we can take that money and build for the long term.

It seems Jürgen things big of Doak so would be interesting to see who he would get as a RW replacement for Salah who can perform at a high level but doesn't necessarily block Doak from taking over the position in a couple of years (if that is his plan).

Yup, I think 33 ish he will start to decline quite a lot compared to his prime years, it’s just the way it works

I think klopp will defo buy if salah goes or maybe he will go more of a right winger to play with an am instead, who knows tbh

If doak comes good, I think it’s difficult to rely on him early on as it may hurt the team but being the 6th attacker is fine for cup games etc and he has still prove himself if he develops on and so on.

Long term is what counts and it’s
      Important not to be sentimental when it comes to salah, 120-150m for a 32 year old is a no brainer and we would be much better overall on a years time from when he goes as he would have been 33 then and instead we bought on 3 quality players
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,507 posts | 222 
      Reply #5784: Sep 06, 2023 06:06:22 pm
      Latest I’ve read is 215 million.

Same but no chance of him going, we will play it start, everyone knows they will come in next season. So it’s not like it’s now or never

We will get 120-150m next season imo which is crazy money for a 32 year old

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5785: Sep 06, 2023 06:14:08 pm
      Same but no chance of him going, we will play it start, everyone knows they will come in next season. So it’s not like it’s now or never

We will get 120-150m next season imo which is crazy money for a 32 year old

Yeah I agree on both counts.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,412 posts | 2835 
      Reply #5786: Sep 06, 2023 09:33:37 pm
      Just enjoy him for the season.

We can worry about what he does next summer when that time comes.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5787: Sep 07, 2023 10:27:32 am
      Its all been BS PR. Keeping their brand in the news, and sly have been lapping it up.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #5788: Sep 07, 2023 07:19:14 pm
      Oh dear. This story fizzled out like a damp firework. What an embarrassment Sky sports, BBC Sport et al are in keeping it going when it was dead days ago.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,824 posts | 6771 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5789: Sep 08, 2023 12:52:36 am
      Has the Fkn Arab window closed yet?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5790: Sep 08, 2023 07:52:57 am

Yep, your safe now  :lmao:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,697 posts | 3936 
      Reply #5791: Sep 08, 2023 08:07:58 am

Yeah done and dusted now mate.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5792: Sep 08, 2023 08:38:57 am
      No offer. theres a shock, and previous offer was only a verbal.
      All PR BS.

l o l
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,697 posts | 3936 
      Reply #5793: Sep 08, 2023 09:03:46 am
      I’m going to enjoy every second of this legend in a Liverpool shirt this season. Savouring it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #5794: Sep 08, 2023 09:49:29 am
      I’m going to enjoy every second of this legend in a Liverpool shirt this season. Savouring it.

a reminder mate of exaclty what we should do enjoy every moment of him in a liverpool Shirt he will be remembered as one of the all time greats but for now he has goals to score and titles to win
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,824 posts | 6771 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5795: Sep 09, 2023 12:41:10 am
      F**k you u Saudi cu*ts

He's ours

5000 million billion quatrillion and u can have him in 5 years ya Cuntz!

Quick Reply