Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Our current owners and transfer committee

Read 30554 times
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Re: Our current owners and transfer committee
      Reply #46: Jul 06, 2017 05:52:07 pm
      Just read Lukaku for £75m to the Mancs.....yes way over priced but no F***ing about they want him they pay, if they think he can help them win things it will be worth it. Same as what Chelsea did with Kante last season. What £30m for him whoa no way not worth that what a bunch of mugs...another league winner.

If we want Keita then go F***ing get him or anyone else for that matter we have the cash they just won't spend.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,504 posts | 3451 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #47: Jul 06, 2017 06:31:01 pm
      I think we should have a poll that ask the supporters here; How well has the "Transfer Committee" performed over the last 5 years. Options of reply being.

1. Very Well  2.  Fairly Well 3. Average  4.  Poor   5.  Very Poor

Curious to know what would the results be.

Bloody polls coming over here, asking for our opinions...
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #48: Jul 06, 2017 06:42:42 pm
      all we do is plaster targets allover newspapers. other teams just keep quiet and sign players. we always balls everything up looking desperate. This Kieta things needs sorting out quickly before he just ends up at Spurs
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #49: Jul 06, 2017 06:50:54 pm
      all we do is plaster targets allover newspapers. other teams just keep quiet and sign players. we always balls everything up looking desperate. This Kieta things needs sorting out quickly before he just ends up at Spurs

He might end up many places, Spurs aren't one of them.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,420 posts | 6418 
      Reply #50: Jul 06, 2017 07:22:13 pm

Keita is going to end up at Red Bull.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #51: Jul 06, 2017 08:10:21 pm
      Saints got pissed off with us, Leipzig getting pissed off with us. Why are we pissing off the teams of our main targets this year? I know Ayre was bad but christ, at least he didn't seem to piss everyone off like Edwards or whoever is dealing with this does. We tested Roma's patience too and then just ended up paying the asking price.
      Why do we always have to try and have some sort of dialogue with the teams to try and beat them down to way below what they would accept? Arsenal, City, Mancs and Everton so far have just gone straight in, made an offer and got the deal done.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #52: Jul 06, 2017 10:42:25 pm
      I heard people calling us Lowballpool :(
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #53: Jul 06, 2017 10:56:52 pm
      It's not unusual for a, club to say they don't want to sell a player, or that the player is important to their plans. Every player has a price, it just friends on wether our owners are willing to pay that much. The past seven seasons has shown our owners don't compete in the big leagues when it comc.f.es to transfers, so it doesn't be a surprise that no bids were made for VD or Keita.
      I've been told the our owners will back Klopp! I'm still waiting to see it happen.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #54: Jul 06, 2017 11:23:30 pm
      Won't surprise me if don't get players manger what's we have same team last year we be thinking what point be in top 4
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,724 posts | 3941 
      Reply #55: Jul 07, 2017 07:16:21 am
      Won't surprise me if don't get players manger what's we have same team last year we be thinking what point be in top 4

What?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #56: Jul 07, 2017 07:54:19 am

Are you drunk?
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #57: Jul 07, 2017 08:34:37 am
      Not drunk just saying we not going win league with team we have, yes going forward one best in league on less we bring in better play for midfield area and other cback and left bsck we be lucky make top 4 plus look like me waste time get in top 4 with players we end up with like more dross like Robertson of these world
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #58: Jul 07, 2017 08:35:48 am
      As long fsg still owners of these club we never win anything sell best players buy on cheap
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #59: Jul 07, 2017 09:53:44 am
      Not drunk just saying we not going win league with team we have, yes going forward one best in league on less we bring in better play for midfield area and other cback and left bsck we be lucky make top 4 plus look like me waste time get in top 4 with players we end up with like more dross like Robertson of these world

A bit unsure on the dooms day scenario sh*t going on in here. Not exactly happy with the transfer window so far, but can we bin the F***ing "will never win under FSG" crap on the 7th of July. Absolute buzz kill.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #60: Jul 07, 2017 10:13:00 am

Don't they have punctuation in Ireland?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #61: Jul 07, 2017 10:34:28 am

I thought it was a cryptic crossword.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,223 posts | 4418 
      Reply #62: Jul 07, 2017 10:35:28 am

He is dyslexic mate.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #63: Jul 07, 2017 10:56:22 am

Have pointed out the fact previously, even so people should be more understanding.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #64: Jul 07, 2017 11:18:44 am
      I am beginning to think that the owners are trying to play what they consider "Another Blinder" We spent roughly £35m on Salah, and they are hoping with sale it will be yet another "Negative spend"... Some say that we had in place a deal for VVD, I think that we made a derisory bid know full well that some other team/teams would bid more starting the bidding war Southampton wanted, and when that looked in danger the story of Liverpool illegal tap up the player came out... Notice we have not approached Southampton with a new improved bid... No bid for Lacazette, a bid of £88m for Kylian Mbappé with his club valuing him at £140m, is a derisory bid simple made so the owners can say yet again that they were prepare to spend but the players did not want to come while clubs like Arsenal offer £125m much closer to that which Monaco FC demands
      The owners continue to throw us (the Supporters) curve balls while at the same time they believe that they have "deniability" when it comes to spending... We now have the story that emerged over the last couple of days that we are unable to get the £30m we want for Mamadou Sakho...(prediction: Klopp and Sakho kiss and make up)  How much has this story to do with the bid/ or lack of a bid for VVD?...

I believe that we will bring in one more player this window with promises of players in the January window and that will be it for the summer... How my heart weeps for this once glorious club, under FSG we are dying a slow death...

Next Season when FSG decides to sell Coutinho (and they will) expect to see Jürgen Klopp follow him out of the door
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #65: Jul 07, 2017 11:30:37 am
      Understand where you're coming from... And the very least would should be looking at with a CL breath; is to improve the squad...
      As it stands i could be a while before we get top four again with all the Top Four rivals really improving their squads... CL football for us is like the Euro millions, you buy a ticket for four, dream of what life could be like when you win, you sit, all pumped up for the draw only to feel cheated when you only get one number and a bonus ball and win £3.10, and you think of what could have been...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #66: Jul 07, 2017 11:34:07 am
      In all fairness we get people from all countries on here with varying levels of command of the English language so it's hard to know if someone has a learning disability, bad English or, as happens quite a bit, they're pissed.

I'm sure that now people know Ireland will get a buy with his comments, I'm also sure he's had to deal with it a lot, what with this being a mostly written format site.

True .

With apologies .

Fixed.
      « Last Edit: Jul 07, 2017 12:38:34 pm by MIRO »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #67: Jul 07, 2017 11:36:27 am
      Surely it does not matter if he has punctuated his post correctly or not, it only matter that he gets his point across and that we understand that point...?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,420 posts | 6418 
      Reply #68: Jul 07, 2017 11:39:15 am
      Surely it does not matter if he has punctuated his post correctly or not, it only matter that he gets his point across and that we understand that point...?

There are people on here that speak (and write) perfect Queen's English and they still can't get a point across so I'd say he's doing alright.

Quick Reply