Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Should The Transfer Window Close Before The League Starts?

Read 6648 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Should The Transfer Window Close Before The League Starts?
      Reply #23: Jul 14, 2017 07:24:00 am

Then Coutinho (just like every other worker in Europe) can work his 'notice' and F**k off to a "better job". 😊

Or... Sakho could be sacked for bad 'time-keeping' and have to sign on the Bru. 😁
      « Last Edit: Jul 14, 2017 07:28:02 am by bad boy bubby »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #24: Jul 14, 2017 08:57:02 am
      We conquered it with Dudek ffs :D

He didn't do too bad in the end did he.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #25: Jul 14, 2017 09:21:42 am
      I am not sure about this so I asked the GIF wizard. A magical creature that knows all.
      The response was.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #26: Jul 17, 2017 11:22:32 pm
      Conquering Europe with Migs in goal would definitely be an accomplishment.

It would be a miracle .
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #27: Jul 17, 2017 11:49:46 pm
      Yes.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #28: Jul 19, 2017 09:56:49 am
      It doesn't make ay difference when the transfer window closes to us as we don't use it anyway.  :f_wah: :mad: >:(

« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2017 02:51:53 pm by RobieSlick »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #29: Jul 19, 2017 04:07:58 pm
      Wish they'd F**k the transfer window off, so cu*ts like Jim White and the rest of SSN crew can F**k off back to obscurity!!
      Baconbutty
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts | 22 
      Reply #30: Aug 25, 2017 06:38:20 pm
      I think the biggest problem with the window is that you can lose a player a week or so before it shuts which leaves you with minimal time to get a replacement. See Coutinho, Dembele, and Evans as examples, albeit only one of them transfers has, more or less, been completed at this point.

Only way to combat that is getting rid of the windows completely but I do like the idea of assembling a squad for the forthcoming season and then seeing how you do.

It makes it harder for the so called lesser teams to win things too by getting rid I think. Would Leicester have won the league if City, Chelsea or United could have continuously strengthened their side throughout the season?

Also, go back to 13/14 when we nearly won it. City could have just went out and spent 150m on someone to bolster their attack and score for fun in the run in and blew us out the water. Wouldn't have meant much now looking back, but y'know what I mean.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #31: Aug 25, 2017 08:27:47 pm
      I think the windows should be finished and go back to how it was 20 years ago or more
      Baconbutty
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts | 22 
      Reply #32: Aug 25, 2017 08:43:20 pm
      I think the windows should be finished and go back to how it was 20 years ago or more

I can see why people want this, and I'm not completely against it, but for me it makes it even easier for the top clubs to just throw ridiculous money around and stay ahead of the rest of the teams.

At least the windows somewhat limit their ability to do so.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #33: Aug 25, 2017 08:57:04 pm
      I can see why people want this, and I'm not completely against it, but for me it makes it even easier for the top clubs to just throw ridiculous money around and stay ahead of the rest of the teams.

At least the windows somewhat limit their ability to do so.

I think the opposite. I think the window creates the frenzybthat has clubs spending crazy money. A club have 12 weeks to do business. Clubs can hold out until yhe last minute barganing for a top price. Some clubs crack and pay some dont.

Take that away and you take away the madness
      Baconbutty
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts | 22 
      Reply #34: Aug 25, 2017 10:31:24 pm
      I think the opposite. I think the window creates the frenzybthat has clubs spending crazy money. A club have 12 weeks to do business. Clubs can hold out until yhe last minute barganing for a top price. Some clubs crack and pay some dont.

Take that away and you take away the madness

Do you think Leicester would have won the league if City, Chelsea and United could have strengthened continuously throughout the season?

Don't reckon so myself.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #35: Aug 25, 2017 10:56:18 pm
      I think it comes unfair advantage at the final stages for teams like Chelsea and City they can risk splashing wads of cash.   There was a season where charlton were competing for top 4 and Chelsea were holding on and in january they bought their most influential player Scott Parker only to weaken them.    I don't think Leicester would have done it if the transfer window was open the big teams would have turned heads.

I think the window should shut when the season starts.  I have only heard agents really going against the idea so for me no sympathy for them.  Yes at the beginning of the season injuries can happen but will just have to do with the squads.  We've seen with Coutinho it is daft he is needed at work is getting paid but isn't there for his employer and one of the main reasons is that the window is still open and he is hoping for a result.  It should be shut.  No player are allowed to leave or come in.

The agents have been crying that they won't have the time to complete their transaction, they make sacks of money it is easy.  Limit them to how many players they can represent.  Watch them cry even more.  Ha ha.   They are taking too much money from our game.  Maybe they need to distribute their massive pot of money. 

Quick Reply