Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 287855 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,347 posts | 6393 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #2185: Aug 18, 2017 03:56:41 pm
      WOW, will all the people who were slamming FSG earlier in the week saying that they were just interested in selling players etc please now apologise?

Would you just stop? You sound like a 5 year old.

Should we pour back through all of your posts and find out all the things that you have gotten wrong and beat you with them? The fact is, it would have been ridiculously detrimental for FSG to go back on their word at this point. Should  we pat them on the freaking back because we for once didn't sell our best player? Even though we still haven't improved our squad enough?

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2186: Aug 18, 2017 04:00:52 pm
      £114m. Tempting?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2187: Aug 18, 2017 04:01:53 pm
      Not really Heimy because if you listen to the stories being released Jürgen actually wants to sell this one. I'd be all for cutting them slack if Jürgen was saying don't sell, but I honestly don't believe that is the case.

They were meant to spend a huge amount this summer, they haven't, through whatever reason you want to put forward. Holding on to an asset that is highly unlikely to change in value (remember these guys are investors they know far more than you or I about selling at the right time).

With a world cup on the horizon, PSG having Neymar (in other words having them being told to sign Coutinho), I'm just not sure this is as good as FSG's biggest fans will try to sell.

I'd be far more impressed if they sold him and gave Jürgen all the funds to go and buy who he wants before the window shuts. Sell Cou for whatever and spend Cou fee+ £100m and I'll be applauding FSG, not before.

It's very good. Why should we strengthen our Champions Leauge rivals? We already have nigh on £200 million to spend, what difference does another £118 million make at this stage of the window? We could afford to buy Draxler five times so having more money benefits us not. But Barca having Coutinho could make a massive difference, not only to their season but also to ours should we come up against each other in the Champions League. Klopp wanting to sell is not a given either, it's a rumour from someone who heard it from someone. He's publicly been consistent with not selling him so why believe otherwise? If he does, then he's short sighted and not seeing the bigger picture.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2188: Aug 18, 2017 04:02:57 pm
      Not really Heimy because if you listen to the stories being released Jürgen actually wants to sell this one. I'd be all for cutting them slack if Jürgen was saying don't sell, but I honestly don't believe that is the case.

They were meant to spend a huge amount this summer, they haven't, through whatever reason you want to put forward. Holding on to an asset that is highly unlikely to change in value (remember these guys are investors they know far more than you or I about selling at the right time).

With a world cup on the horizon, PSG having Neymar (in other words having them being told to sign Coutinho), I'm just not sure this is as good as FSG's biggest fans will try to sell.

I'd be far more impressed if they sold him and gave Jürgen all the funds to go and buy who he wants before the window shuts. Sell Cou for whatever and spend Cou fee+ £100m and I'll be applauding FSG, not before.
      I don't know mate if Jürgen would want to sell certainly haven't got that vibe from what I read.

I do think in my view we will be stronger with him then without regardless of who we bring in.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2189: Aug 18, 2017 04:03:59 pm

I'd want the Neymar money, plus the interest it would have made up front, no add ons, rinse the bas**rds for every penny.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #2190: Aug 18, 2017 04:05:05 pm
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2191: Aug 18, 2017 04:08:43 pm
      It's very good. Why should we strengthen our Champions Leauge rivals? We already have nigh on £200 million to spend, what difference does another £118 million make at this stage of the window? We could afford to buy Draxler five times so having more money benefits us not. But Barca having Coutinho could make a massive difference, not only to their season but also to ours should we come up against each other in the Champions League. Klopp wanting to sell is not a given either, it's a rumour from someone who heard it from someone. He's publicly been consistent with not selling him so why believe otherwise?

What? If Jürgen thinks he can get a better player or someone who would be more focused towards the success of Liverpool then it improves us.

As for the £200m to spend, where is the proof of that other than £66m bid for Keita? There's been media speculation but no hard proof of it. We bought Andy Robertson for a position we needed an absolute top drawer player and he hasn't even made the match day squad, does that scream of having £200m to spend?

So your assertion that "having more money doesn't help us" is frankly ridiculous.

It's not difficult to understand selling a player for an over-inflated price, which £114m is and buying say Draxler for £50m (reported fee) and then one other, actually strengthens us far more than it strengthens Barca.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2192: Aug 18, 2017 04:08:56 pm
      I'd want the Neymar money, plus the interest it would have made up front, no add ons, rinse the bas**rds for every penny.

That's what I'd go for as well!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2193: Aug 18, 2017 04:09:02 pm
      The only way I would sell Coutinho is for 500m+. I know that seems steep! but 500m and no less. I'd then sign Kieta, Lanzini and Van Dijk, 100m each! 200m spare. Then report Barca for tapping up and FFP, land them with some fines and Barcelona go into administration. Fair?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2194: Aug 18, 2017 04:10:14 pm
      I don't know mate if Jürgen would want to sell certainly haven't got that vibe from what I read.

I do think in my view we will be stronger with him then without regardless of who we bring in.

Oh I have mate, the very distinct impression that he wants to sell.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2195: Aug 18, 2017 04:11:30 pm
      https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/898561135582093315

Also agree with this, there's no coincidence in this whatsoever.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2196: Aug 18, 2017 04:11:52 pm

2 months ago maybe. Now, no.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2197: Aug 18, 2017 04:12:04 pm
      Would you just stop? You sound like a 5 year old.

Should we pour back through all of your posts and find out all the things that you have gotten wrong and beat you with them? The fact is, it would have been ridiculously detrimental for FSG to go back on their word at this point. Should  we pat them on the freaking back because we for once didn't sell our best player? Even though we still haven't improved our squad enough?

Perhaps I'd just like to see you admit your mistakes like an adult, and cut down the childish conspiracy theories. You can't criticise them for always selling out best players and then refuse to complement them when they don't, now that is childish.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2198: Aug 18, 2017 04:12:16 pm

That's the tax for bidding a day before our opening two league games and their media bollocks and being in Coutinho's ear to force the move..
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2199: Aug 18, 2017 04:12:58 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2200: Aug 18, 2017 04:14:30 pm

He's not in the match day squad and he's already unsettled, so this makes little or no difference and if Barca thinks it does then they are more deluded that i thought, but if it unsettles them then perhaps we should submit some bids for their players ;-)
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #2201: Aug 18, 2017 04:16:16 pm
      There has been no noise from the "family guy" after the initial "lies" that he was leaking to Sky sports. In fact, there has been hardly any noise after the initial set of leaks from the Couti camp except for his "refusal" to play for us. Maybe, the board had a quiet word with them to shut their gob?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2202: Aug 18, 2017 04:21:02 pm

Don't know what this clickbait w**ker is getting at. Everyone expected a third bid so the point does not carry home. Besides if they were going to place a bid to upset on field dynamics they would have done so before the CL play off which carries greater importance.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2203: Aug 18, 2017 04:21:07 pm
      Oh I have mate, the very distinct impression that he wants to sell.
      I do too, but since FSG won't sell and we rejected big money, Klopp will have to use him.
      I wonder what his defence will be for not using Sakho, pardon the accidental pun.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2204: Aug 18, 2017 04:23:27 pm
      WOW, will all the people who were slamming FSG earlier in the week saying that they were just interested in selling players etc please now apologise?
      They reportedly turned down £114 M That does not equate to we are not selling him Final...It could just mean they Barca has not meet the price we are willing to let him go at.... Let's see what happens at the end of the window
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2205: Aug 18, 2017 04:25:05 pm
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #2206: Aug 18, 2017 04:25:18 pm
      There has been no noise from the "family guy" after the initial "lies" that he was leaking to Sky sports. In fact, there has been hardly any noise after the initial set of leaks from the Couti camp except for his "refusal" to play for us. Maybe, the board had a quiet word with them to shut their gob?

Here is a picture of him with his 5 year contract.....
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2207: Aug 18, 2017 04:26:04 pm

This!!

Quick Reply