Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 287954 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #368: Jul 27, 2017 09:43:31 pm
      The majority, if not all of the reports linking the lad with a move to Barca are from Spanish sources initially and then the manc press were all over the rumour trying like f**k to give it some wheels.
      Our resident manc (no offence Keith) is trying hard to disguise his glee while telling us Coutinho is as good as gone, that in itself should tell you all you need to know about the media bullshit.

The manc media are regurgitating Spanish sh*te and some are swallowing it gladly.

Yah Phil really looks distant and yearning for greener pastures doesn't he Stu; maybe the Spanish & Manc press should sharpen they're body language expertise...we could loan them some of our own experts to get it right.

No doubt they are all in misery and team spirit is no better than Red Bull's camp up the road a bit.

Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #369: Jul 27, 2017 09:48:36 pm
      It's good that we haven't heard any stories of miscontent or of toys being thrown out of the pram from Coutinho. However, the real test will come if Barca come in with a bid close to (or above the £100 million mark), the player may at that stage feel that the bid warrants the sale and feel the opportunity is to good for him to pass up. Fingers the board remain resolute and that Coutinho maintains his class throughout. In the mean time it might help if we could get a couple of incoming transfers across the line to sweeten the idea 💡 f staying on at LFC.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #370: Jul 27, 2017 09:48:43 pm
      And here's me defending the current lot while still loving the f**king bones of Rafa for giving me one of my greatest nights supporting Liverpool in Istanbul.

Then on the money spent, I'd say the current lot have spent more on players than H & G did!!
      Funny enough I had anticipated you say that and did a little research just so I could prove you wrong.... And you know what.... You are indeed correct they have spent more money on transfers than H&G.... Always say that "When you are right you are right" and  HUYTON RED  You're right
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #371: Jul 27, 2017 09:50:06 pm

Go on.. someone needs to explain what that photo is all about !!  :f_doh:
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #372: Jul 27, 2017 09:57:45 pm
      Some Spanish journalist (@kike_marin_) claims that Coutinho has met with Klopp and said he is happy to stay unless Liverpool want to sell.
      Not sure how said journalist would know this unless he planted a bug on Jürgen's shirt, but hopefully it's true.
      Code: [Select]
      https://twitter.com/Kike_Marin_/status/890633628815953920
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #373: Jul 27, 2017 10:00:35 pm
      Some Spanish journalist (@kike_marin_) claims that Coutinho has met with Klopp and said he is happy to stay unless Liverpool want to sell.
      Not sure how said journalist would know this unless he planted a bug on Jürgen's shirt, but hopefully it's true.

I think more than likely when the time comes (and it will come someday) the manager will come out and say Phil asked if he could leave and I gave him my blessing, a hug and a good luck.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #374: Jul 27, 2017 10:02:22 pm
      I think more than likely when the time comes (and it will come someday) the manager will come out and say Phil asked if he could leave and I gave him my blessing, a hug and a good luck.

I think that'll be this summer 😥
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #375: Jul 27, 2017 10:04:15 pm
      I think that'll be this summer 😥

I think not...but we'll see in about 6 weeks.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #376: Jul 27, 2017 10:05:39 pm
      Go on.. someone needs to explain what that photo is all about !!  :f_doh:

They've looked on land and now looking in water for Victor Moses.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #377: Jul 27, 2017 10:11:55 pm
      I think not...but we'll see in about 6 weeks.

F**k that! I want Phil to come out and publicly state he's hoping nowhere. If he could also use the phrase "F**k off Barca" that would be great! Too much to ask for? 😀
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #378: Jul 27, 2017 10:21:19 pm

There must be a joke in there somewhere... ?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #379: Jul 27, 2017 10:23:12 pm
      F**k that! I want Phil to come out and publicly state he's hoping nowhere. If he could also use the phrase "f**k off Barca" that would be great! Too much to ask for? 😀

I don't think players do much bridge burning at this level of sport...now when you down there with feeder clubs like Soton & RBL then absolutely it is appropriate. :)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #380: Jul 27, 2017 10:23:14 pm
      There must be a joke in there somewhere... ?

Parting the red sea ;)
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #381: Jul 27, 2017 10:49:32 pm
      We almost   win the league  with Suarez  ,we sold him to Barca and we went steps backwards (Balotelli).Now  they are back again ,we have a good team  now we just need  add more good players to the team to make it more stronger  , we can not sell our best players.

They get Coutinho we get Suarez +30m

:( :(

I'd sooner they get a big F**k you, personally.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #382: Jul 27, 2017 10:51:45 pm

Wasn't moses found in the reeds ?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 1099 
      Reply #383: Jul 27, 2017 10:53:39 pm
      People (FSG and Klopp included) have to ask them selves are we better off selling Phillip and getting VVD, Keita, and a guy like Lanzini or holding out a year? I say to hold for a number of reasons. The first is that Phillip is our best player and selling your best player sends a bad message is and hard to come back from. The second is are you sure u can land ALL 3 of the desired players? Heck can u guarantee u can land 2 of the 3? How much will u sell Phil for? Will u skeet in ur britches when the offer goes over £100 mil and pull the trigger or will u have enough sense to hold out and firm for a much higher asking price? Hold on to Phil this year and see how the rest of the window goes this coming month. After this year he will walk and God willing the initial offer will be double what their offering now. I don't blame him for wanting to go to Barca. We are a huge club, but they are on a planet to their own and people would save themselves some heartache to understand that. U could convince him to stay for a season, but if they keep courting him he will leave. Let's pray we get £180-220 mil when he does and not the peddly sh*t their talking right now.

YNWA
      harrydunn08

• 5,923 posts | 965 
      Reply #384: Jul 27, 2017 10:58:18 pm
      ^^^  We should will be keeping Phil, and adding Keita and VVD (or other options of similar quality).  We've got the money.  I'm sure that in the next 6 weeks we will see a lot of activity.  There will be some players sold (Sakho, Marko, and Moreno) but Coutinho won't be one of them.  We will also see a few top quality signings -- just not sure if Keita and/or VVD will be among them. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #385: Jul 27, 2017 11:06:24 pm
      Funny enough I had anticipated you say that and did a little research just so I could prove you wrong.... And you know what.... You are indeed correct they have spent more money on transfers than H&G.... Always say that "When you are right you are right" and  HUYTON RED  You're right

Didn't even need to tell me, I'm Scouse, of course I'm right lad ;)

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #386: Jul 28, 2017 01:12:33 am
      Didn't even need to tell me, I'm Scouse, of course I'm right lad ;)

:laugh:
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #387: Jul 28, 2017 03:02:49 am
      The fact is that Phil will eventually leave us
      I don't believe it's gonna be this transfer window or next but come next summer I can certainly see him actively wanting to leave.
      The days of players staying at one major club are behind us
      If Barcelona or Real Madrid come calling and the time is right, virtually any player would want the opportunity to test themselves and to experience that moment in their careers
      I won't begrudge him that and in the same way why I didn't throw my toys out the pram when Suarez left.
      The counter point though was when Torres went to Chelsea. Yes, there are a myriad of reasons why that deal went through but still he agreed to it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #388: Jul 28, 2017 03:11:24 am

Hahaha glad you took it in spirit it was intended ;)

I'm bored waiting for the footy season to start :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,791 posts | 6743 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #389: Jul 28, 2017 03:33:05 am
      I nearly always laugh/smile reading your post for reasons ive stated before  ;D

On a serious note, its always a worry when the likes of Real/Barc  try and pinch our best players.  :f_steam: Losing Coutinho would be a massive blow for a title challenge next year.   He's so  instrumental to your team you simply can't afford to lose him no matter what (( in your language  ;D )) the cu*ts are willing to pay. 

World class players are thin on the ground and he' certainly up there in the postion he plays. The cu*ts tried/still trying to pinch De Gea but so far we've managed to keep him even though it looked odds on he was leaving.

Some fans may say if we get 90/100 million we can strengthen the team.  :roll: :roll: I disagree!! You can't buy two world class players for 90/100 million the way the market is currently.

If i was a Liverpool fan
      and he goes then the owners should follow shortly... 

You might as well be, you spend enough time with us!  ;)

Barca and Chelsea cu*ts   -  Thats just for you Keith  :D

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #390: Jul 28, 2017 06:01:25 am
      Danny Murphy is a ****ing idiot. He can shut his stupid mouth publicly saying £80m would be good business and Coutinho is not as good as Neymar. Neymar has an awful attitude and is devalued for that alone. Murphy is a dirty word of the highest order. Ex players have no right speaking in ways publicly that could influence our hard stance.

Quick Reply