Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 288006 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #414: Jul 29, 2017 09:05:49 am
       :lmao:

Funny banter here!

Good stuff.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #415: Jul 29, 2017 09:18:47 am
      Can see cou leaving and we fail to land anybody in transfer window but not Jürgen leaving.

I doubt believe Coutinho will be sold unless we buy Van Dijk, but he isn't backed by FSG, and still has Coutinho sold against his wishes, I'd actually lose respect for him if he didn't quit!
      Won't come to it though
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #416: Jul 29, 2017 01:34:27 pm
      I doubt believe Coutinho will be sold unless we buy Van Dijk, but he isn't backed by FSG, and still has Coutinho sold against his wishes, I'd actually lose respect for him if he didn't quit!
      Won't come to it though
      Don'y know "If" Barca sells Neymar does it make it more imperative that Barca sign Coutinho...? I know what it does mean, that Barca have an extra £197 m to compete with the money they are throwing at LFC already for that signing... They are also looking at  Chelsea's Eden Hazard, 26, and 21-year-old Tottenham player Dele Ali as replacement... They could conceivably looking at two for the three if indeed Coutinho is a Iniesta replacement the still need to replace Neymar, either way we shall see
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #417: Jul 29, 2017 01:50:27 pm
      Don'y know "If" Barca sells Neymar does it make it more imperative that Barca sign Coutinho...? I know what it does mean, that Barca have an extra £197 m to compete with the money they are throwing at LFC already for that signing... They are also looking at  Chelsea's Eden Hazard, 26, and 21-year-old Tottenham player Dele Ali as replacement... They could conceivably looking at two for the three if indeed Coutinho is a Iniesta replacement the still need to replace Neymar, either way we shall see
      I think Alli and Hazard would fit in well there. No bias  :f_whistle:
      Arlen Correa
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 37 
      Reply #418: Jul 29, 2017 02:04:19 pm
      Give the ten to Firmino and sign Aubameyang.
      If Firmino doesn't work as 10 we can try Lallana(i bet he would be great).
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #419: Jul 29, 2017 03:41:31 pm
      They are top quality players and top quality player fit in virtually any where
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #420: Jul 29, 2017 03:44:20 pm
      But not better than making dresses for our  big, fat, weddings. 😄
      Without knowing... I'm guessing that's how you got your username you hussy. 😁

As meatloaf said 'i would do anything for chips'
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      Reply #421: Jul 29, 2017 03:44:51 pm

Dembele
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #422: Jul 29, 2017 04:59:48 pm
      Give the ten to Firmino and sign Aubameyang.
      If Firmino doesn't work as 10 we can try Lallana(i bet he would be great).
      no. I would keep Firmino and Lallana thanks. They are doing well and I like those players. Auba is getting older now.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #423: Jul 29, 2017 05:01:30 pm
      he is staying at Dortmund. I'd rather our local rivals lose players anyway.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,224 posts | 1222 
      Reply #424: Jul 29, 2017 09:27:17 pm
      Think he'll stay for another season mainly because there will be absolute murder if we sell.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 1099 
      Reply #425: Jul 29, 2017 09:36:25 pm
      Just read where Barca to report PSG over Neymar.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #426: Jul 29, 2017 11:29:00 pm
      Philippe Coutinho will plead with Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp to let him join Barcelona. If the 25-year-old Brazil attacking midfielder does leave, Klopp will target 18-year-old Borussia Dortmund winger Christian Pulisic.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-coutinho-barcelona-pulisic-replacement-10894778
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      Reply #427: Jul 30, 2017 12:05:09 am
      Just read where Barca to report PSG over Neymar.

The boss of la liga has said he would report psg over ffp if the deal happens. Rumours suggesting that if neymar is still at barca after the end of the july he will be entitled to a 26 million euro 'loyalty'  bonus. Insanity
      « Last Edit: Jul 30, 2017 12:24:47 am by FATKOPITE10 »
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #428: Jul 30, 2017 12:43:51 am
      If Coutinho leaves Jürgen will as well, as well as me. It would be a douchebag proof to sell a cornerstone player in our situation of rebuilding to get back to Europe's elite, even if Barca would bid 500 Mio., period. But Jürgen said Cou is not for sale, Cou said it and just some newspapers piss in the wind in hope to hit some bystanders.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #429: Jul 30, 2017 01:22:26 am
      Cou leaves then what next year mane etc we be rebuilt all time
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #430: Jul 30, 2017 02:11:34 am
      Philippe Coutinho will plead with Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp to let him join Barcelona. If the 25-year-old Brazil attacking midfielder does leave, Klopp will target 18-year-old Borussia Dortmund winger Christian Pulisic.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-coutinho-barcelona-pulisic-replacement-10894778

"Please, please, please, please can I join Barcelona"

"Nein"

"okay then!!"

I imagine the convo to go something like that :lmao:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #431: Jul 30, 2017 09:28:56 am
      "Please, please, please, please can I join Barcelona"

"Nein"

"okay then!!"

I imagine the convo to go something like that :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: May very well be... Does concern me how ever that the rumors persists... f we sell do it Monday, Tuesday at the latest so we have time to pursue new targets, and it does not boil down to a last minute rush and we sign another Andy Carroll, or Benteke 
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #432: Jul 30, 2017 11:35:17 am

no qoute or source in the article. I might as well wrote it myself. It's guess work.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #433: Jul 30, 2017 11:52:46 am
      F**k Neymar and F**k his dad. Mercenary w**ker who will no doubt want to leave PSG in a years time when he realises what a stupid F**k up he's made...

The boss of la liga has said he would report psg over ffp if the deal happens. Rumours suggesting that if neymar is still at barca after the end of the july he will be entitled to a 26 million euro 'loyalty'  bonus. Insanity

This was reported in the Times too this morning:
      "The sunday Times understands that Neymar Santos Sr has asked PSG to delay formal negotiations on the transfer from Barcelona until after July 31. According to Camp Nou sources, tomorrow marks the day when Neymar's father earns a £23.3m commission for his part in persuading the forward to sign a new contract with Barcelona last October. Barca's obligation to pay that commission would have been null and void had Neymar left before the end of July.
      Neymar Sr also stands to earn a substantial fee from PSG for convincing his 25 year old son to join the Qatar owned club."

Yet another perfect example of what is wrong with our game.

Unfortunately if this does go through it comes down to whether Coutinho wants to try and force the move. I'm still hoping he won't, and will be happy to stay this year and see where we are next summer.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      Reply #434: Jul 30, 2017 12:00:55 pm
      F**k Neymar and f**k his dad. Mercenary w**ker who will no doubt want to leave PSG in a years time when he realises what a stupid f**k up he's made...

This was reported in the Times too this morning:
      "The sunday Times understands that Neymar Santos Sr has asked PSG to delay formal negotiations on the transfer from Barcelona until after July 31. According to Camp Nou sources, tomorrow marks the day when Neymar's father earns a £23.3m commission for his part in persuading the forward to sign a new contract with Barcelona last October. Barca's obligation to pay that commission would have been null and void had Neymar left before the end of July.
      Neymar Sr also stands to earn a substantial fee from PSG for convincing his 25 year old son to join the Qatar owned club."

Yet another perfect example of what is wrong with our game.

Unfortunately if this does go through it comes down to whether Coutinho wants to try and force the move. I'm still hoping he won't, and will be happy to stay this year and see where we are next summer.

Apparently neymar's dad has made more money than Messi over the last 4-5 years or so
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #435: Jul 30, 2017 12:06:46 pm
      I had always thought he may end up at Barca because of his association with Neymar from a young age, so it seems odd that he would go there to replace him.

Hard to understand the lure of other clubs because to all of us Liverpool is the club we would want to be signing for.
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #436: Jul 30, 2017 01:03:26 pm
      Coutinho will not go to barcelona if neymar is not there.  But i fully expect psg to go after him next year if they sign neymar this year. 

Quick Reply