Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 288767 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #552: Aug 02, 2017 11:19:13 am
      I'm pretty confident we'll hold on to Cou. Barca are apparently after Dybala or Dembele as a like-for-like replacement and also are negotiating with PSG to include Di Maria and Veratti in this transfer. The latter 2 put together would cost close to €150mil, leaving PSG to pay only  €70 as the "transfer fee".
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,697 posts | 3935 
      Reply #553: Aug 02, 2017 11:24:39 am
      I'm pretty confident we'll hold on to Cou. Barca are apparently after Dybala or Dembele as a like-for-like replacement and also are negotiating with PSG to include Di Maria and Veratti in this transfer. The latter 2 put together would cost close to €150mil, leaving PSG to pay only  €70 as the "transfer fee".

You reckon? I think they'll get the full fee AND Di Maria/Veratti
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #554: Aug 02, 2017 11:35:10 am
      You reckon? I think they'll get the full fee AND Di Maria/Veratti
      you been smoking some s**t at the Emirates.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #555: Aug 02, 2017 12:20:05 pm
      Time we stop selling best players what next mane next year, keep selling best players we always be on rebuilding job
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,459 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #556: Aug 02, 2017 12:29:15 pm
      So that's at least one 'South American' [out of the "all South Americans"] who's ultimate goal isn't to play for Barca or Madrid.  :laugh:

His goal is money, pure and simple
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #557: Aug 02, 2017 12:34:29 pm

This.

French league is like the Championship next to La Liga so he sure isn't joining for football reasons.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #558: Aug 02, 2017 12:36:16 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #559: Aug 02, 2017 12:36:39 pm
      Well, according to BBC, Neymar is off to PSG.

If he signs for PSG then more than likely we will lose Coutinho. FSH loves $$$.

I'm not sure I follow your line of thinking here. Why do you think we need to sell Coutinho? FSG gets nothing from him being sold. It's not like they pocket the "profits".

And do you not believe Klopp when he says that Phil isn't for sale? And if you think it will be done without Klopp's approval, don't you think that's a bigger problem than actually losing Phil?

Phil isn't going anywhere.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #560: Aug 02, 2017 12:40:09 pm
      Why would they pay the buyout clause and include players???
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #561: Aug 02, 2017 01:38:52 pm
      So it looks like Neymar will go eventually and so that looks like that would Phil make his decision. If he really wants to go he'll go I think we can either get our top price for him or dig our heals in like we did with Suarez. If we do play hard ball then that won't suit Barca because they'll need phil as Neymars replacement....so there's the dilemma. We wouldn't want to leave it late as we would also need a replacement or two. It would be a shame but if phil forces a move then we'll have the usual speil of nobody is bigger than the club and we'll move on.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #562: Aug 02, 2017 01:54:42 pm

I don't think so mate, his previous contract (prior to signing the most recent deal last season) was circa 70k a week which was considerably lower than many of his inferior teammates. I think he signed that contract a couple of years ago and I complete how low the numbers were (comparatively) at the time.
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #563: Aug 02, 2017 01:56:28 pm
      Be funny as fu...ck if Barca went back in for Sanchez!!!

I would piss myself, the thought of all those gooners going off their nut makes me laugh out loud!
      « Last Edit: Aug 02, 2017 02:08:15 pm by Scottbot »
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #564: Aug 02, 2017 02:17:38 pm
      Be funny as fu...ck if Barca went back in for Sanchez!!!

I would piss myself, the thought of all those gooners going off their nut makes me laugh out loud!

Would actually make a lot of sense.  Arsenal would rather sell him to Spain than see him go to Chelsea or City.  He'd also cost a lot less than Coutinho or Griezman.  And, he already knows the Bar a player's and would slot straight in. 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #565: Aug 02, 2017 02:26:21 pm

Like most footballers but my god, Neymar and his entourage have shown themselves to be out and out dreadful cu*ts.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #566: Aug 02, 2017 02:44:14 pm
      I don't think so mate, his previous contract (prior to signing the most recent deal last season) was circa 70k a week which was considerably lower than many of his inferior teammates. I think he signed that contract a couple of years ago and I complete how low the numbers were (comparatively) at the time.

I remember reading Neymar's family and friends got around 30-40m hence his low wages.

Anyway, I believe money is his motivation, and i don't see any problem with that. Just hope Coutinho will not be tempted by Barca if they do come in for him!
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #567: Aug 02, 2017 02:55:34 pm
      I remember reading Neymar's family and friends got around 30-40m hence his low wages.

Anyway, I believe money is his motivation, and i don't see any problem with that. Just hope Coutinho will not be tempted by Barca if they do come in for him!

I might have he wrong end if the stick, I thought we were talking about Coutinho! For Neymar the money without a doubt, why else do these top top players go to Shitty Ligue 1
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #568: Aug 02, 2017 03:05:14 pm
      Would actually make a lot of sense.  Arsenal would rather sell him to Spain than see him go to Chelsea or City.  He'd also cost a lot less than Coutinho or Griezman.  And, he already knows the Bar a player's and would slot straight in. 

I thought Griezman was stuck because of Atleti's transfer ban?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #569: Aug 02, 2017 03:38:39 pm
      I thought Griezman was stuck because of Atleti's transfer ban?

He was/is...hence why United's target #1 never materialized. and part of the reason they had to go to option 3.
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #570: Aug 02, 2017 03:51:43 pm

Aye he would slot in perfectly for them On the left, more so than Phil who I believe has a long-term future as a number 8. I'm not sure things ended so nicely between Sanchez and Barca though. Unfortunately Griezman is stuck at Atleti for another 12 months and he only signed his new deal 6 weeks ago. Hopefully we stay firm and Barca can enjoy the squirm of being the smaller fish for a change.
      « Last Edit: Aug 02, 2017 04:33:06 pm by Scottbot »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #571: Aug 02, 2017 03:55:02 pm
      Moreno won't be wanted his bestie to go.. don't fret it. I am sure Coutinho knows Neymar is a n*b.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #572: Aug 02, 2017 03:58:00 pm
      Why is everyone talking about us trying to keep Coutinho? His best mate is about to leave for PSG.
      Barcelona is a sinking ship now. Why don't we just come in and bid for Suarez instead?  ;D ;D
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #573: Aug 02, 2017 04:04:06 pm
      He was/is...hence why United's target #1 never materialized. and part of the reason they had to go to option 3.

Well, according to some United fans, they have got all their targets!
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #574: Aug 02, 2017 04:30:26 pm
      Does Coutinho have a buy-out-clause? I'd hate the idea he could leave next season because some motherf*cking agent or dad wants to swim in money.

Quick Reply