Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 286668 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #161: Jul 23, 2017 07:04:51 pm
      Barcelona ready to test Liverpool's resolve with mammoth £80million bid for Philippe Coutinho

Barcelona will test Liverpool’s resolve to keep Philippe Coutinho with an £80million bid.

The Catalan giants will return with an improved offer for the Brazil ­midfielder after their initial £72m offer was rejected.

Sources in Spain believe this is the opening shot of a battle which could go the distance.

Reds boss Jürgen Klopp insists the club will not buckle and sell Coutinho like the club did with Raheem Sterling and Luis Suarez.

Klopp - Dortmund boss when Suarez was sold to Barca and Sterling ­surrendered to Manchester City – said: “With Suarez I was far away.

“When the club sold Sterling I was maybe the last to know about it. So those ­situations have nothing to do with this one.

“We are approaching a very important moment and we want to get better. For this we have to keep our key players. So that’s the answer.”

Klopp held talks with Coutinho at the Reds team hotel, the Ritz Carlton, last night after the 2-1 win over Leicester in which the Brazilian scored.

Liverpool owners FSG have already decreed they will not negotiate with Barca after their Brazilian superstar signed an
      improved five-year deal last season.

Klopp added: “I can say 20 times, he is not for sale.

“If you ask the other question the other way and I say, there has been no assurance [from owners FSG], you make the story the other way. There is no story for me."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/barcelona-liverpool-philippe-coutinho-transfer-10854095

"cu*ts"

:P

Read that earlier and laughed, mammoth bid indeed.

I would reply back with "that won't even buy his right foot, you catalan cu*ts!!"
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #162: Jul 23, 2017 07:51:08 pm
      This is nothing more than the Spanish dance, RM and Barca are experts at it.

Ronaldo
      Modric
      Bale
      Suarez

They are just laying down a marker for next Summer after the world cup; after that I would expect Philippe to leave and I won't begrudge him for it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #163: Jul 23, 2017 07:54:48 pm
      This is nothing more than the Spanish dance, RM and Barca are experts at it.

Ronaldo
      Modric
      Bale
      Suarez

They are just laying down a marker for next Summer after the world cup; after that I would expect Philippe to leave and I won't begrudge him for it.

Least we all know why Coutinho not long signed a new five year contract!!

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #164: Jul 24, 2017 06:34:49 am
      That's better!! Back To the effing and jeffing  ;D

Yep, they're really starting to piss me off those Barca cheap cu*ts!!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #165: Jul 24, 2017 08:03:05 pm
      The only thing I can think of is to loan Moreno out to a north west side so that he's well away from our team but close enough to keep Coutinho entertained
      DanMann

• 5,741 posts | 882 
      Reply #166: Jul 24, 2017 08:28:42 pm
      This must be part of a FSG ploy to... (fill in the blank)

;D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #167: Jul 25, 2017 12:24:20 am
      The only thing I can think of is to loan Moreno out to a north west side so that he's well away from our team but close enough to keep Coutinho entertained
      no, Moreno stays. He makes Coutinho happy. He can be the most expensive cheerleader.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #168: Jul 25, 2017 02:57:34 am
      no, Moreno stays. He makes Coutinho happy. He can be the most expensive cheerleader.

https://twitter.com/empireofthekop/status/889500545639215105
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #169: Jul 25, 2017 07:40:46 am
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #170: Jul 25, 2017 09:19:04 am
      That little gerbil is on the gear :lmao:

Yeah looks like he's all loved up on the gary's. Be rubbing his face and kissing the lads in the next video.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #171: Jul 25, 2017 10:48:25 am
      We better not F***ing sell Cou this Summer or we're fucksville!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #172: Jul 25, 2017 11:10:37 am
      Why have Barcelona travelled to London? Idiots need is to say no in person?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #173: Jul 25, 2017 11:59:25 am
      Rumours from Marca that Monaco have accepted £161M for Mbappe from Real.
      Stupid tw*ts at Barca with they're embarrassing offer for Couts!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #174: Jul 25, 2017 12:10:56 pm
      Apparently, according to Spanish press Liverpool have put a price of Coutinho's head in the hope it deters Barca.

£89 million.

:lmao: (shouldn't laugh, knowing the FSG model)

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/25/barcelona-officials-arrive-in-london-to-negotiate-philippe-coutinho-89m-transfer-6803611/

« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2017 12:21:23 pm by Beerbelly »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #175: Jul 25, 2017 12:22:46 pm
      Why have Barcelona travelled to London? Idiots need is to say no in person?

They are all in America on tour.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #176: Jul 25, 2017 12:53:50 pm
      Apparently, according to Spanish press Liverpool have put a price of Coutinho's head in the hope it deters Barca.

£89 million.

:lmao: (shouldn't laugh, knowing the FSG model)

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/25/barcelona-officials-arrive-in-london-to-negotiate-philippe-coutinho-89m-transfer-6803611/

Probably the Spanish version of daily star.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #177: Jul 25, 2017 01:49:54 pm
      Probably the Spanish version of daily star.

Or Daily Sport without the tits.

Don't know why people are so up in arms about this. Teams like Barca, Real and Munich are the pinnacle of football and should be an ambition for any self respecting professional footballer. We should be flattered we have a world class player they're interested in. I for one would not begrudge Coutinho for being tempted, though I would expect him to stay for another season or two to be a part of something exciting we're building and see how it goes after, he's still young.

I don't understand why people want to get on the FSG bashing bandwagon every time one of these teams make gigantic offers for our top talents, it's part of football. We're not as big, rich or successful as Barca at the moment, and we need to get over this. We can be, but until then, we shouldn't get hung up about this.

But agreed in general at lack of other big player buys so far.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #178: Jul 25, 2017 02:19:32 pm
      Barca officials supposedly meeting with Coutinho's agent and officials from Liverpool to discuss a £90 million transfer. I'm telling you, as soon as Keita/VD gets here Coutinho is gone.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #179: Jul 25, 2017 03:41:39 pm
      Barca officials supposedly meeting with Coutinho's agent and officials from Liverpool to discuss a £90 million transfer. I'm telling you, as soon as Keita/VD gets here Coutinho is gone.

Jürgen said it isnt happening, so it is NOT happening. End of story!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #180: Jul 25, 2017 04:03:15 pm
      Jürgen said it isnt happening, so it is NOT happening. End of story!

Well that's me convinced👍For the record though, what will you think if if does happen? How will you feel about Jürgen when he talks about future transfers?

If it doesn't happen I'll be F***ing delighted, but it'll probably mean only Salah, and either VD or Keita, rather than all three.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #181: Jul 25, 2017 04:22:40 pm
      Well that's me convinced👍For the record though, what will you think if if does happen? How will you feel about Jürgen when he talks about future transfers?

If it doesn't happen I'll be F***ing delighted, but it'll probably mean only Salah, and either VD or Keita, rather than all three.

The predicament is we trust Jürgen implicitly and put great store by what he says.
      After 7+ years of JWH&Co we have learned that irrespective of what the manager says it is not specifically how events unfold.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #182: Jul 25, 2017 04:23:52 pm
      £150m that's the price i would put on Coutinho for Barcelona, RM, or Accrington f***in Stanley to prize the little magician away from us, and not a penny less, it won't happen peeps, WE DON'T sell our best players end of, so Barca can F**k straight back off to Catalonia with whatever paltry offer they choose to beg with, IF however they include Suarez & Busquets  in any kind of deal then that may get us around the negotiating table, and only if the moon turns blue and we witness a couple of pigs flying above the Liver building, oh, and Nelson gets his f***in eye back ?

YNWA

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #183: Jul 25, 2017 04:30:54 pm
      £150m that's the price i would put on Coutinho for Barcelona, RM, or Accrington f***in Stanley to prize the little magician away from us, and not a penny less, it won't happen peeps, WE DON'T sell our best players end of, so Barca can F**k straight back off to Catalonia with whatever paltry offer they choose to beg with, IF however they include Suarez & Busquets  in any kind of deal then that may get us around the negotiating table, and only if the moon turns blue and we witness a couple of pigs flying above the Liver building, oh, and Nelson gets his f***in eye back ?

YNWA

£200m is nearer the mark, an established genius either setting up or scoring exceptional goals.

Quick Reply