Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 286764 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #437: Jul 30, 2017 01:31:52 pm
      Ugh. This is starting to look like it could happen. Neymar's bitching ways may end up screwing us on this one. If Neymar goes so does Phillip. Though it makes sense for Phil to stay one more year and bank bigger money for his WC play it looks like Barca won't take no for an answer. And unlike Leipzig I could see FSG caving. As far as Pulisic goes he played really well in the Champions League last season, but I do worry about him being able to play week end and week out at this point. You need Coutinho's replacement to do that. With that said he has made our national team fun to watch of late and will only get better. He's no Coutinho, but then again who is?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #438: Jul 30, 2017 03:16:52 pm
      So apparently they want either Coutinho, Alli or Hazard. Don't think they will get any of them personally.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,411 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #439: Jul 30, 2017 03:33:00 pm
      So apparently they want either Coutinho, Alli or Hazard. Don't think they will get any of them personally.

Or dybala, griezman etc
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #440: Jul 30, 2017 05:57:43 pm
      We have had first hand experience now with the failed transfers of Keita and VVD of clubs standing firm and saying point blank to us that a player is not for sale.

With that in mind, even if Coutinho is desperate to leave, snaps into needless tackles in training and gets involved in bust ups like Keita or has to train olaway from the first team like VVD, he is our player and we do not have to sell, even at ultra high prices.

Again with that in mind, if he is to leave, the excuse of the player wanting to leave, thus giving us no choice is out of the window.

I happen to think he will stay, because if he does leave and this is our lot for the season, that will be one more total clusterfuck of a transfer window to add to the list of transfer clusterfucks FSG have overseen.

This being their big window and everything, surely they cant get away with such blatant asset stripping as to post yet another net transfer profit.

----------------

There seems to be a big distraction with keeping Coutinho as well. Worth remembering he is actually our player and a player we should be building a team around by putting top quality around him.

While we're looking desperately to keep hold of him, and praying we do, what we really should be doing is getting transfers into the club.

Got to admit I thought this window Fenway would deliver the targets. Through either bad luck or bad practices not much in all honesty has come through the door compared with most teams around us.

Perhaps it's the false sense of security being created due to a few wins in the corporate friendlies. Personally think when it all starts again properly we are further behind the likes of Chelsea and City.

Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,313 posts | 1007 
      Reply #441: Jul 30, 2017 06:40:05 pm
      Why does everyone just panic when Barce  flamin lona, come calling. Is it not time that any club, just says No, b*gger off, he's our player and he's going nowhere. They think they can just snap their fingers and get any player they want, by chucking money at it. Somebody needs to stand up to them, or they will just keep doing what they always do. We have the best and most competitive League in the World, let's start acting like it. Rant over, just totally p*ssed off that once again they can ruin our chances to build on a settled side!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #442: Jul 30, 2017 07:06:05 pm
      Why does everyone just panic when Barce  flamin lona, come calling. Is it not time that any club, just says No, b*gger off, he's our player and he's going nowhere. They think they can just snap their fingers and get any player they want, by chucking money at it. Somebody needs to stand up to them, or they will just keep doing what they always do. We have the best and most competitive League in the World, let's start acting like it. Rant over, just totally p*ssed off that once again they can ruin our chances to build on a settled side!

Think it's more the case though of South American players wanting to actually play for Barca or Real Madrid. Can go on about competitive leagues etc, but if players want to move, not a lot clubs can do other than cash in. What pisses me off is seeing getting our kecks get had off when selling our best players to these clubs.
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #443: Jul 30, 2017 08:04:53 pm
      Think it's more the case though of South American players wanting to actually play for Barca or Real Madrid. Can go on about competitive leagues etc, but if players want to move, not a lot clubs can do other than cash in. What pisses me off is seeing getting our kecks get had off when selling our best players to these clubs.

That pretty much sums it up but of course it's a whole lot easier to say fuc......k off if your winning things yourself and bringing in quality players. You can imagine A team like City simply saying up yours, our player, they can achieve just as much here etc.

The thing for me is that our transfer policy/activity does not inspire our best players to stay. Coutinho is right at the top of his game now but we have to add to it rather than let him carry the side for the next 9 months.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #444: Jul 30, 2017 08:48:16 pm
      Here the way I see it, Clubs like Barca,Real, City, Bayern, Juve,PSG,Chelsea and yes Utd can sign top quality players in the transfer window on a regular basis and put those type of player around a Coutinho and a Suarez... When was the last time Liverpool could that...?? And in doing that they give themselves a real chance of winning Titles Cups and Europe etc...Is it any wonder why we cannot keep hold of our best player...? And yes they pay higher wages, but they generate more money due to more success, therefor bring in greater revenue due to shirt sales,sponsorship etc.... We need to start showing that we can win titles again to attract top quality players and keep them... As for Coutinho and anyone else who wants away from the  club sell them... If you  are not willing to stay and fight for the shirt then don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #445: Jul 30, 2017 08:52:38 pm
      Here the way I see it, Clubs like Barca,Real, City, Bayern, Juve,PSG,Chelsea and yes Utd can sign top quality players in the transfer window on a regular basis and put those type of player around a Coutinho and a Suarez... When was the last time Liverpool could that...?? And in doing that they give themselves a real chance of winning Titles Cups and Europe etc...Is it any wonder why we cannot keep hold of our best player...? And yes they pay higher wages, but they generate more money due to more success, therefor bring in greater revenue due to shirt sales,sponsorship etc.... We need to start showing that we can win titles again to attract top quality players and keep them... As for Coutinho and anyone else who wants away from the  club sell them... If you  are not willing to stay and fight for the shirt then don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out
      Suarez, Torres, Coutinho and homegrown Gerrard... probably the 4 of the best players of the decade have been at Liverpool. Augero and Tevez were good too, Van Persie nearly as good... Henry is not of this decade. We have had some of the best... when did Manchester United have anybody that world class since Ryan Giggs.
      It is not that we don't attract players, we just don't sign them. We didn't table a 70m bid for Keita. Ever considered why we bid 66m? Why this number? My guess is we carefully found out the maximum we can bid and be refused. If we bid 68m our transfer committee would have been petrified it would have been close enough to 70 for negotiations.
      « Last Edit: Jul 30, 2017 09:01:22 pm by Ribapuru »
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 183 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #446: Jul 30, 2017 08:57:04 pm
      Suarez, Torres, Coutinho and homegrown Gerrard... probably the 4 of the best players of the decade have been at Liverpool. Augero and Tevez were good too, Van Persie nearly as good... Henry is not of this decade. We have had some of the best... when did Manchester United have anybody that world class since Ryan Giggs?

Cristiano Ronaldo?

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #447: Jul 30, 2017 08:57:42 pm
      When I said this decade I meant since 2010. We are in the 202nd decade. Ronaldo moved to Real in 2009. Ryan Giggs still played for United until 2014, 5 years after Ronaldo left. If we are going to talk about the decade before I would have to mention Alonso.
      « Last Edit: Jul 30, 2017 09:20:03 pm by Ribapuru »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #448: Jul 30, 2017 10:45:00 pm
      Suarez, Torres, Coutinho and homegrown Gerrard... probably the 4 of the best players of the decade have been at Liverpool. Augero and Tevez were good too, Van Persie nearly as good... Henry is not of this decade. We have had some of the best... when did Manchester United have anybody that world class since Ryan Giggs.
      It is not that we don't attract players, we just don't sign them. We didn't table a 70m bid for Keita. Ever considered why we bid 66m? Why this number? My guess is we carefully found out the maximum we can bid and be refused. If we bid 68m our transfer committee would have been petrified it would have been close enough to 70 for negotiations.
      No one knew about Suarez,Nor Coutinho Nor Maraschino before signing for Us... Gerrard, Like Flower, and McManaman where Liverpool academy Players.... Torres had a rep, but he was not really know outside of Spain, and was second to David Villa in the Spanish team before coming to play for Liverpool.....

As for Augero,Tevez,Van Persie, Henry when were they ever at Liverpool...?

Man Utd have had players like Jaap Stam, Diego Furlan, Juan Sebastián Verón, Van Nistelrooy to name but a few....You may not like them but they were all quality players
      Fewer are attracted to LFC than Chelsea,Utd,City Arsenal and dare I say Tottenham, given the opportunity to sign for the i named or Liverpool the overwhelming majority of player would choose those teams
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #449: Jul 30, 2017 10:50:14 pm
      When I said this decade I meant since 2010. We are in the 202nd decade. Ronaldo moved to Real in 2009. Ryan Giggs still played for United until 2014, 5 years after Ronaldo left. If we are going to talk about the decade before I would have to mention Alonso.
      I did not mention decades... Ok... since the start of the premier league when did Liverpool last sign a known Really top quality, one or two maybe  but the other teams City,Utd,Chelsea,Arseanl seem to do it on a regular basis
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #450: Jul 30, 2017 10:51:13 pm
      Sorry if I was not clear enough. I was naming players from other teams after I named some Liverpool players, I half suspect you knew that already.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #451: Jul 30, 2017 10:55:39 pm
      Was watching LFCTV and they had they had that segment, "What does LFC mean to me"?

Well it was Luis Suarez' turn to answer the questions and one of them was who was your fave player during your time at LFC? He answered Stevie of course but he also mentioned how much he loved playing with Couts and that he mentored him and also how much he learnt off Coutinho and how they are very good friends still.

Next thing you know I'm reading on FB the "news" that Phil is "desperate" to get to Barcelona and has asked Klopp to let him go.

2 + 2 = 4

Hopefully my mind is just working overtime and Couts doesn't go anywhere.

F**k off Barca, you cu*ts.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #452: Jul 30, 2017 11:13:10 pm
      Sorry if I was not clear enough. I was naming players from other teams after I named some Liverpool players, I half suspect you knew that already.
      you seem to miss the point of my original post so was really unsure of what you meant
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #453: Jul 30, 2017 11:32:08 pm
      If we want to compete with the likes of Barcalona, we do not sell them our best players.

We should just tell them that they are our competition, and we will not do business with them when it concerns the likes of Coutinho. Other players may be.

Southampton have told us to back off and seems we have, but this lot are like a F***ing virus.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #454: Jul 31, 2017 12:06:58 am
      If we want to compete with the likes of Barcalona, we do not sell them our best players.

We should just tell them that they are our competition, and we will not do business with them when it concerns the likes of Coutinho. Other players may be.

Southampton have told us to back off and seems we have, but this lot are like a F***ing virus.

Unfortunately our 7+years of being also rans in the eyes of certain sh*t hot players does not seem to conjure up loyalty.
      The prospect of further periods with that same status completely erases any loyalty.

Unlike those who swallow the bullshit year after year the sh*t hot players mentioned are really dubious with their career and future under scrutiny, 
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #455: Jul 31, 2017 07:22:50 am

Southampton have told us to back off and seems we have, but this lot are like a f**king virus.

And we've got the immune deficiency.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #456: Jul 31, 2017 08:11:11 am
      No one knew about Suarez,Nor Coutinho Nor Maraschino before signing for Us... Gerrard, Like Flower, and McManaman where Liverpool academy Players.... Torres had a rep, but he was not really know outside of Spain, and was second to David Villa in the Spanish team before coming to play for Liverpool.....

Man Utd have had players like Jaap Stam, Diego Furlan, Juan Sebastián Verón, Van Nistelrooy to name but a few....You may not like them but they were all quality players
      Fewer are attracted to LFC than Chelsea,Utd,City Arsenal and dare I say Tottenham, given the opportunity to sign for the i named or Liverpool the overwhelming majority of player would choose those teams

Don't reply to that clown. Wum.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #457: Jul 31, 2017 08:15:14 am
      Was watching LFCTV and they had they had that segment, "What does LFC mean to me"?

Well it was Luis Suarez' turn to answer the questions and one of them was who was your fave player during your time at LFC? He answered Stevie of course but he also mentioned how much he loved playing with Couts and that he mentored him and also how much he learnt off Coutinho and how they are very good friends still.

Next thing you know I'm reading on FB the "news" that Phil is "desperate" to get to Barcelona and has asked Klopp to let him go.

2 + 2 = 4

Hopefully my mind is just working overtime and Couts doesn't go anywhere.

F**k off Barca, you Cu*ts.

Ok, so Phill may have aspirations of teaming up with Suarez, so why then doesn't Phill say to Jürgen, get Suarez in or I'm off  ?

Wouldn't that be like Xmas, yer birthday and shagging some super model bint all in the same day , but only if she gives head first ! ;D  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:  :f_doh:

YNWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #458: Jul 31, 2017 10:25:21 am

And what would happen if they had sold for £66 million, would that ingenious plan to hoodwink most of our fans, well apart form you of course, come crashing down and mess up all their nefarious plans to keep all the money which btw they haven't taken out of the club, for themselves?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #459: Jul 31, 2017 10:29:30 am
      https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Coutinho&rlz=1C1GGRV_enGB752GB752&oq=Coutinho&aqs=chrome..69i57j0j69i61j0l3.1831j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

In the rumours section on BBC Football there was a link above under the headline 'Barca to go for Arsenal's Ozil if they cannot sign Coutinho', the link itself is a mish-match of associated drivel over the last few days; the original rumour about Ozil because it doesn't fit anyone's agenda, is then completely lost.

The media are tying themselves in knots of lies, innuendo and tittle-tattle to fill space and sell copy, truth is a casualty.   
      « Last Edit: Jul 31, 2017 10:48:32 am by stuey »

Quick Reply