Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 286728 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #805: Aug 07, 2017 08:41:35 pm
      So then what happens if we buy VVD and don't sell Coutinho?

Has the plan changed or is it a one-off swerve?

I would honestly hope that would be the start of a new direction under FSG, and I'd smile from ear to ear!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #806: Aug 07, 2017 08:45:56 pm
      Barcelona seem to be quite timid when it comes to doing deals with us - they never want to upset us and don't really seem to tap-up our players.

I think the fact that we rejected their initial bid immediately threw them off. I don't see Coutinho going. Certainly not this season, anyway.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #807: Aug 07, 2017 08:53:47 pm
      Barcelona seem to be quite timid

Who dug Res up and have you checked for a pulse ?

Hope all's well Res ;)
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #808: Aug 07, 2017 09:01:27 pm
      Aldridge was brought in as a replacement for Rush.
      The fact that they played together when we already knew Rush was leaving was simply to get him settled in.

Or are you trying to say a winger and a 10 were direct replacements for a prolific striker?
       :roll:
      Of cause they weren't direct replacements but they were who we spent the money on to replace the best center forward in Europe.

We went out and got the best we could without messing around and in doing so created possibly the best Liverpool side ever. The manager asked for players and the owner/directors got them
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #809: Aug 07, 2017 09:03:29 pm
      Who dug Res up and have you checked for a pulse ?

Hope all's well Res ;)

All's very well mate - been a hectic 3 or so years. Keep coming up with excuses (reasons ;)) for not being as active here. Hopefully now I'm fully settled that'll change!

Hope you're well too Daz.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #810: Aug 07, 2017 09:10:33 pm
      Rush was replaced by John Barnes and Peter Beardsley

Of cause they weren't direct replacements but they were who we spent the money on to replace the best center forward in Europe.

Aldridge replaced Rush as CF, just as I said.

"Spending the money on" doesn't mean they replaced Rush, it just means the shape of the team was different., because we had already bought his replacement.

Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #811: Aug 07, 2017 09:14:30 pm
      Aldridge replaced Rush as CF, just as I said.

"Spending the money on" doesn't mean they replaced Rush, it just means the shape of the team was different., because we had already bought his replacement.

Yes because when I said two players replaced one I obviously believed we would have 12 players on the pitch.

Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #812: Aug 07, 2017 09:20:14 pm
      No!

Aldridge came here before Rush was sold. We took the £3.2 million and spent £1.9 on Beardsley and £900,000 on Barnes.

That's very true, even as youngster (I would have been 12) I remember the jokes about sending Aldo to Italy instead because Juve wouldn't be able to tell the difference given they both looked the same! 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #813: Aug 07, 2017 09:38:49 pm

I've been right here and perhaps with the exception of Suarez the owners and club have always reinvested any money made from sales. We are not a selling club.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #814: Aug 07, 2017 10:13:31 pm
      Interesting how a few weeks ago we were all looking at VVD and Keita coming in to complement the likes of Coutinho and now I'm reading posts on here saying they could console themselves over Coutinho leaving if we signed the former two.

The expectations really have fallen in this transfer window. PR team playing a blinder so far.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #815: Aug 07, 2017 11:16:31 pm
      Interesting how a few weeks ago we were all looking at VVD and Keita coming in to complement the likes of Coutinho and now I'm reading posts on here saying they could console themselves over Coutinho leaving if we signed the former two.

The expectations really have fallen in this transfer window. PR team playing a blinder so far.

Just personal opinions.

I don't think Phil will leave unless for an amazing offer of £120m+ AND we have a direct replacement lined up. Klopp emphatically said no to him leaving. That'll do me.

Its just that Barca are F***ing cu*ts and think they can click their fingers and land whoever they want.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #816: Aug 07, 2017 11:20:15 pm
      Apparently PSG have inquired at Neymars behest and were told he's not for sale.

Some Brazilian ITK on twatter.
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #817: Aug 07, 2017 11:54:47 pm

Coutinho will stay AND we will sign a couple other quality players.  Be patient 😊
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #818: Aug 08, 2017 01:30:51 am
      Apparently PSG have inquired at Neymars behest and were told he's not for sale.

Some Brazilian ITK on twatter.

Yep, I read that earlier, apparently they want to make Neymar happy by bringing his pal (it seems that the obscene amount of money he's making is not enough).
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #819: Aug 08, 2017 03:27:24 am
      Just personal opinions.

I don't think Phil will leave unless for an amazing offer of £120m+ AND we have a direct replacement lined up. Klopp emphatically said no to him leaving. That'll do me.

Its just that Barca are f**king cu*ts and think they can click their fingers and land whoever they want.

It's fairly easy for them to do that. when they pretty much run the media outlets, the world's largest fan base, and they've got the governing body of the sport comfortably in their pocket.

Some of the sh*t they're running in the media is ridiculous. Guess they feel that if they call something an "inevitability" enough times they'll get their wish.

Tell them to f*ck off, shut the door, and kill the communications with them. And make the stance firmly in public with more direct quotes so Phil can get his head back where it needs to be ahead of our opener.

If we lose Coutinho, our title chances are gone and not just for this year.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,211 posts | 1214 
      Reply #820: Aug 08, 2017 08:09:30 am
      If we sell it will be the surest sign yet that we are the new Arsenal.

Disgusting to even consider it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #821: Aug 08, 2017 09:05:49 am
      It's fairly easy for them to do that. when they pretty much run the media outlets, the world's largest fan base, and they've got the governing body of the sport comfortably in their pocket.

Some of the sh*t they're running in the media is ridiculous. Guess they feel that if they call something an "inevitability" enough times they'll get their wish.

Tell them to f*ck off, shut the door, and kill the communications with them. And make the stance firmly in public with more direct quotes so Phil can get his head back where it needs to be ahead of our opener.

If we lose Coutinho, our title chances are gone and not just for this year.

Jürgen fu**ed them off several times with the apparent backing of the owners, the almost daily "F**k offs'' were preceded by the manager asking "how many times do I have to say he is not for sale".
      A better example of outright refusal to undertake any dealings could not be found.

If it happened in the UK the offending club would have been disciplined yesterday for tapping up.
      Barca make their own rules and nobody can do sweet F**k all about it,  the Spanish media/rumour mill is a F***ing joke with our own rags illustrating how much credibility they've got in regurgitating the sh*te.
      « Last Edit: Aug 08, 2017 09:10:01 am by stuey »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #822: Aug 08, 2017 09:11:20 am
      Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp will refuse to sanction any deal allowing attacking midfielder Philippe Coutinho to move to Barcelona. (Daily Mirror)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #823: Aug 08, 2017 09:15:22 am
      Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp will refuse to sanction any deal allowing attacking midfielder Philippe Coutinho to move to Barcelona. (Daily Mirror)

Jürgen vs FSG.

This could get real messy.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #824: Aug 08, 2017 10:07:42 am
      Jürgen vs FSG.

Better not.

Jürgen is boss.

FWIW, I believe Coutinho will stay - purely going on what Klopp has said, and I'll happily put my trust in him on that.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #825: Aug 08, 2017 10:12:25 am
      Jürgen vs FSG.

A lawsuit? That'll be exciting! :)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #826: Aug 08, 2017 10:15:30 am
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/philippe-coutinho-Jürgen-klopp-sell-10946335

Klopp insists/reaffirms/says again that Coutinho is not for sale.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/29328/10978333/liverpool-wont-be-able-to-keep-philippe-coutinho-from-barcelona-believes-graeme-souness

Souness reckons LFC will be unable to hold onto Coutinho.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05btcc3

Ian Wright thinks Coutinho has to go to Barca.

Haven't got a link but was talking to a lad outside the betting shop and he reckons our man is ''going F***ing nowhere'', I know he wasn't pissed and I also know he doesn't bullshit.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #827: Aug 08, 2017 10:54:43 am
      Yep, I read that earlier, apparently they want to make Neymar happy by bringing his pal (it seems that the obscene amount of money he's making is not enough).

Ah but its not about the money for Neymar apparently, which I guess is why he's going to be giving it all to charity,  ;-)

Quick Reply