Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 283918 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #1012: Aug 09, 2017 11:00:07 pm
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1013: Aug 09, 2017 11:12:31 pm
      You know they will come at us with a third and probably a 4th. Klopps "he isn't for sale" resolve may be tested if they come at us with a LEGIT offer. But that begs the question? What is a legit offer at this point? IMO there can't be one, can there? Your finally back in the CL, you have a shot after all the turmoil to bid on VVD, and there is less than a month before the window closes. If this was the start of the window maybe a legit offer would be 135mil. You would have time to replace him and spend that money. But now? Honestly, it would have to be Neymar money if you are serious about winning this season, and even then that would be a stretch.

At this point you just hit decline without out even reading the price tag. 
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1014: Aug 09, 2017 11:16:51 pm

Did they miss hear what Jürgen said:

Nein, Zero chance!

£90m it is!...

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1015: Aug 09, 2017 11:45:11 pm
      Barcelona wanted Neymar money upfront then they bid for Coutinho with add ons?  :lmao:

The money from neymar isn't even in their bank account yet
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1016: Aug 10, 2017 12:37:14 am
      Sky Sports News understands Barca's latest offer for the forward was €85m (£76.8m) up front, with €15m (£13.6m) add-ons.

You're having a laugh They have just got the best part of £200 m for Neymar and want us to wait for £ 15 m  ??? atleast the tight cu*ts could do is offer the £90 m cash up front, though FSG will want nearer £150 m cash
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1017: Aug 10, 2017 12:43:09 am
      Sky Sports News understands Barca's latest offer for the forward was €85m (£76.8m) up front, with €15m (£13.6m) add-ons.

You're having a laugh They have just got the best part of £200 m for Neymar and want us to wait for £ 15 m  ??? atleast the tight cu*ts could do is offer the £90 m cash up front, though FSG will want nearer £150 m cash
      Barcelona would try to scam us anyway. That 15m add on? probably based on if Coutinho flies to the moon during his first season or some other b*llsh*t that will never happen.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #1018: Aug 10, 2017 12:52:20 am
      They are getting desperate and with the supercup coming up they need big signings to appease their fans so don't rule a 3rd bid out

They've got €222M -- I reckon that would be enough 😎
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1019: Aug 10, 2017 01:07:16 am
      true he was injured in training today? or "injured"? or just made up?
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #1020: Aug 10, 2017 01:19:25 am
      Good resolve shown by the club. Coutinho should not be for sale at any price. I don't get these if we can sign Keita or Mbappe probably we can let him go. This is just wrong. After a long time we have got a manager and a squad that can potentially challenge for the top honours not only domestically but European as well. We should aim for Keita and Mbappe surely but with Phil in the team. After all quality players look for quality in the squad before moving.
      solodee

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #1021: Aug 10, 2017 02:33:27 am
      Worried about this new €100 million bid.

I don't want a situation where a transfer will be forced one week to the close of the transfer window and we don't get to buy a good replacement.

Put his sale price at £100 million upfront plus some additional payments. Give them a week to finalise or forget it.

We all know we are being strong armed yet again and, Coutinho wants a Barcelona switch.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1022: Aug 10, 2017 02:40:35 am
      Worried about this new €100 million bid.

I don't want a situation where a transfer will be forced one week to the close of the transfer window and we don't get to buy a good replacement.

Put his sale price at £100 million upfront plus some additional payments. Give them a week to finalise or forget it.

We all know we are being strong armed yet again and, Coutinho wants a Barcelona switch.

Huh?
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #1023: Aug 10, 2017 03:01:06 am
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1024: Aug 10, 2017 03:11:09 am
      My only concern is that The Echo article says "Coutinho wants to sign for Barca but has so far shown no signs of agitating for a move."

Coutinho wants the move? Has someone with the club or Phil confirmed this to Pearce? What has everyone on here been saying re Keita and VVD when it appeared the clubs weren't interested - that the player needed to hand in a transfer request, make it clear he wants to leave, etc. This is followed by "who wants to keep a player who doesn't want to be here?"

So far we haven't seen this from Phil and let's hope we don't, because I think it is the only thing that makes this happen.

Which reminds me what I hate about the influence agents have in the game. whenever a team buys a player, the team management believes it will help the team and the supporters hope it will, but the only people who are for sure benefiting from transfers are agents, taking a healthy percentage of the fee. They are the ones who HAVE to have transfers, and I've no doubt that  they are out there hawking their hired guns from club to club all the time. Of course anybody would want Phil, but with a player signing a big contract with no release clause, his agent then helping make a transfer happen seems  pretty contradictory to me. How much money goes back and forth between the world's clubs every year, paying fees forward in perpetuity, with the agents sifting their "share" at every turn.

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1025: Aug 10, 2017 05:33:36 am
      Coutinho wants to move, FSG want to sell him. Klopp and the fans don't want to lose their best player. but i don't think us and Klopp are gonna get what we want, money talks and Barca wont go away..
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1026: Aug 10, 2017 05:40:04 am

Now why do you say that when the manager has final say on every transfer?

Also

Phil probably does want to go...it will probably be the biggest contract he will ever get in his career.

If you were his agent and considering that PSG will probably go in for him also wouldn't you recommend waiting until next Summer and kicking of transfer season with a bidding war between Barca & PSG?

The owners really aren't that stupid..even if greed plays into it don't you think they would also rather have a bidding war and at the same time back the manager this season?

Jürgen will let him leave next Summer with his blessing and everybody ends up winning.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1027: Aug 10, 2017 05:41:45 am
      Can someone point me to a source of information that suggests FSG want to sell?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1028: Aug 10, 2017 05:46:40 am
      Can someone point me to a source of information that suggests FSG want to sell?

There is none.

That being said we all knew the day would come that he would go, and I don't hold it against him because he has been a class act since he arrived.

The day however has not arrived yet; Jürgen is pretty close with his player and if he wan't to go the gaffer will let him and that more than likely will be next Summer.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1029: Aug 10, 2017 07:51:23 am
      there's no news article saying FSG want to sell Coutinho but we've all been following them from day 1, their aim is to buy low and sell high and what sums that up better than buying for 8.5 mil and selling for at least 80? i don't really believe they'll F**k Klopp over and sell Coutinho from under his nose without any sort of replacement, but i do believe many many things can happen in the next 3 weeks. i honestly think Klopp would be 'happy' with losing Coutinho if he got Keita and VvD - if that's the way business has to go under FSG then that's a good trade off, for mine. i certainly don't believe they're going to spunk massive money out of the blue, a month ago some people thought they were going to break our transfer record three times, they won't break it once without selling first, that's how they operate.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1030: Aug 10, 2017 07:57:23 am
      there's no news article saying FSG want to sell Coutinho but we've all been following them from day 1, their aim is to buy low and sell high and what sums that up better than buying for 8.5 mil and selling for at least 80? i don't really believe they'll f**k Klopp over and sell Coutinho from under his nose without any sort of replacement, but i do believe many many things can happen in the next 3 weeks. i honestly think Klopp would be 'happy' with losing Coutinho if he got Keita and VvD - if that's the way business has to go under FSG then that's a good trade off, for mine. i certainly don't believe they're going to spunk massive money out of the blue, a month ago some people thought they were going to break our transfer record three times, they won't break it once without selling first, that's how they operate.

So when they were bidding for Keita they already knew that PSG would buy Neymar and Barca wanted Coutinho, and people say that they are sh*t in the transfer market! They must employ bloody mystic meg if all that is true. 😁
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1031: Aug 10, 2017 08:38:39 am
      Quote from Danzel
      They were given a taste of their own medicine and they didn't like it. It's all fun and games when they can force other clubs into selling players to them by controlling the media narrative and getting their players in on it. If it happens to them? They go and cry to FIFA because of an alleged breach of the FFP rules. Rules that the fuckers have broken numerous times themselves and they were even given a transferban for it. Hypocrits, nothing more.

Aren't Barcelona the club that sells themselves as an anti-establishment, begging bowl, all set for world domination, if only pesky Real Madrid were not around to stop them.

The raison d'etre of Barcelona FC is anti Real Madrid, where they use their annual El Classico game as a propaganda rally for Catalan politics. MES QUE UN PUB.

Owen was brought to Austria and made sit on the bench for 90 minutes, as playing him meant he couldn't be sold. The next night Morientes played in Real's qualifier, which meant he was no use to us in Istanbul or anywhere else in Europe that spring. Hopefully Coutinho will be brought to Hoffenheim, put on the pitch instead and therefore resolve the issue in just a few days time.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1032: Aug 10, 2017 08:41:25 am
      Like a new signing this.

Happy days...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1033: Aug 10, 2017 09:08:32 am
      Like a new signing this.

Happy days...

100 million euros offered today.

Take your Neymar money somewhere else .

Respect to club for telling them to piss off .
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1034: Aug 10, 2017 09:14:40 am
      It took 45 minutes to reject their first bid, last nights bid was rejected immediately.

That tells you everyone from owners, ceo to manager are all on the same page regarding Coutinho.

Quick Reply