Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 286649 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #1932: Aug 15, 2017 11:57:21 pm
      Were sitting on money right now and can't even spend it....another XXX sitting there doing nothing doesn't help.

Costa, Sahko (like a new signing) and Lazini
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #1933: Aug 16, 2017 12:03:54 am
      Can't see Chelsea selling another player to a rival again after Matic. Costa will go abroad.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1934: Aug 16, 2017 12:09:02 am
      I like Rakitic, but I think he's too similar to Hendo, Wijnaldum and Can. Yes, an upgrade, but I would want someone different. I wouldn't mind us looking into Gomes tbh. Barca just play him as an #8, but he is a #6.

Dude Rakitic is a baller! You can't compare him to the three lads we've stinking up our midfield right now. He would be a MASSIVE upgrade at a problem position. He's got great feet, turns on a sixpence and an excellent range of passing. He's not slow, cumbersome and industrial like Emre and he is far more creative than Hendo. Would frickin love a player like that at LFC.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1935: Aug 16, 2017 12:13:53 am
      Costa, Sahko (like a new signing) and Lazini
      I'm not sure what has gone on between Klopp and Sakho. If I were Sakho I'd be putting in a transfer request. The treatment of him since his return is nothing short of disgusting. He has not said boo to a goose in an age and there he is rotting away whilst we have Lovren.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1936: Aug 16, 2017 12:27:24 am
      Dude Rakitic is a baller! You can't compare him to the three lads we've stinking up our midfield right now. He would be a MASSIVE upgrade at a problem position. He's got great feet, turns on a sixpence and an excellent range of passing. He's not slow, cumbersome and industrial like Emre and he is far more creative than Hendo. Would frickin love a player like that at LFC.

You are absolutely right, but I just feel we need a sitter, someone to dictate from deep and shield the back 4. And as much as I agree with you on Rakitic, I just think Gomes can do it a lot better than any of our current midfielders and Rakitic.
      « Last Edit: Aug 16, 2017 12:33:42 am by PurpleMonkey »
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #1937: Aug 16, 2017 03:27:17 am
      You are absolutely right, but I just feel we need a sitter, someone to dictate from deep and shield the back 4. And as much as I agree with you on Rakitic, I just think Gomes can do it a lot better than any of our current midfielders and Rakitic.

Not sold on Gomes. I'm a die-hard Selecção fan and he always leaves something to be desired. For the Portuguese MNT, right now I prefer we use a midfield of Carvalho or Danilo at the #6, Moutinho or Adrien Silva at the #8, and then Bernardo Silva at the #10. Frankly we could go out and sign any one of those players (other than B. Silva of course) for under 50m and they'd all be massive improvements on our squad. I honestly think if we picked up William Carvalho or Danilo, our defensive and midfield issues would be reduced by like 75%. Throw a CB on top of that and bring back Couts or Lallana and we're a dominant side. They are proper anchors to the midfield and proper shields to the defense. Something that nobody in this club seems to grasp is critical to a team.

And sadly West Ham seem to be targeting one or the other of those two and they're having arguments over the 35m ball-park while we sit on our thumbs.

Certainly agree that Gomes a more creative player, better passer, and has a greater potential than any of Hendo/Can/Gini. But he tends to get lazy with his tracking back and often sloppy with his tackling and can be slow when it comes to moving the ball forward. Again, he'd be an improvement on what we have I think, but similar to what we've got, he's another one of those players who can't seem to decide if he wants to be a #6, #8, or a #10 and ends up getting caught out constantly - he just does it a tad bit better than what we have.

Think Rakitic would be better for the now to get some experience in our side and to have someone who could actually guide our players, while I think Gomes would be better for the future because if he kept playing for a Valencia or like where he was actually getting consistent game time and under proper management, I think he'd have developed into something special.

I think I'd be looking to take Sergi Roberto off Barca more than anyone else (apart from Suarez/Messi). Great passer of the ball, knows how to defend properly, bit of a workhorse, and can play as a creator from deep as well.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1938: Aug 16, 2017 05:14:36 am
      None of their midfielders would swap Barca for us apart from maybe Samper.

He can't be allowed to leave. We'll get fleeced for any replacement and they won't be as good. 
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #1939: Aug 16, 2017 08:53:44 am
      Reading reports today that he's ready to sulk and sit on the bench all season in order to get his move and doesn't care about his World Cup place.

Scottbot

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1940: Aug 16, 2017 08:54:36 am
      Must admit I'm a bit surprised they haven't come back in with a third bid for the lad, I figured they'd have lined up a final offer.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1941: Aug 16, 2017 09:16:31 am
      Must admit I'm a bit surprised they haven't come back in with a third bid for the lad, I figured they'd have lined up a final offer.

Yeah, surprised at that too. Maybe just waiting a bit. Or close to signing someone else.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1942: Aug 16, 2017 09:34:37 am
      None of their midfielders would swap Barca for us apart from maybe Samper.

He can't be allowed to leave. We'll get fleeced for any replacement and they won't be as good.
      We should just sell him, I am sure there is a eastern European Coutinho out there for £20 m or so, or even look to Holland, they seem to have quality players for less than the rest of Europe... Point is he can be replaced
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #1943: Aug 16, 2017 09:37:24 am
      We should just sell him, I am sure there is a eastern European Coutinho out there for £20 m or so, or even look to Holland, they seem to have quality players for less than the rest of Europe... Point is he can be replaced

Of course he can be replaced but do you trust our transfer committee and FSG to do it? I certainly don't.

Fact is... if we sell then we are weaker going into this season.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1944: Aug 16, 2017 09:44:07 am
      Reading reports today that he's ready to sulk and sit on the bench all season in order to get his move and doesn't care about his World Cup place.

Of course he won't do that
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1945: Aug 16, 2017 10:02:50 am
      Coutinho is some kind of comedian, he has got some serious making up to do before he gets anywhere near the bench. He should be sh*ting himself at the prospect of missing the would cup rather than making empty threats. Coutinho has gone far beyond anything Sakho did and where is Sakho? If Coutinho stays and walks back into our squad, some serious SERIOUS questions about the treatment of Sakho will be asked.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,970 posts | 3054 
      Reply #1946: Aug 16, 2017 10:03:34 am
      Paulinho signing suggests to me Rakitic is going somewhere.....
      Kopite78
      Reply #1947: Aug 16, 2017 10:12:03 am
      Paulinho signing suggests to me Rakitic is going somewhere.....

Hospital to have his side's stitched back up?

Paulinho   :lmao:

Coutinho is some kind of comedian, he has got some serious making up to do before he gets anywhere near the bench. He should be sh*ting himself at the prospect of missing the would cup rather than making empty threats. Coutinho has gone far beyond anything Sakho did and where is Sakho? If Coutinho stays and walks back into our squad, some serious SERIOUS questions about the treatment of Sakho will be asked.

He's not made these threats, dont believe everything in a red top. It's come from a rag in Spain looking to peddle Barcas sh*te to unsettle the situation even more.
      He won't sit a season out. No chance.

Not many will be asking questions about Sakho, let alone serious  :D ones as most understand the situation  and accept it
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1948: Aug 16, 2017 10:15:29 am

and I'll sit on the other side of him ;-)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1949: Aug 16, 2017 10:16:47 am
      Hospital to have his side's stitched back up?

Paulinho   :lmao:

He's not made these threats, dont believe everything in a red top. It's come from a rag in Spain looking to peddle Barcas sh*te to unsettle the situation even more.
      He won't sit a season out. No chance.

Not many will be asking questions about Sakho, let alone serious  :D ones as most understand the situation  and accept it
      One thing is for sure, he won't be playing in the return leg against Hoffelheim at Anfield.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1950: Aug 16, 2017 10:18:40 am
      One thing is for sure, he won't be playing in the return leg against Hoffelheim at Anfield.

Definitely not

I wouldn't see him play again personally but there is no chance he's made these threats
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #1951: Aug 16, 2017 10:35:44 am
      I have a feeling this is a done deal that isn't announced yet so we don't get shafted if we go in for anybody else.

Kopite78
      Reply #1952: Aug 16, 2017 10:36:46 am
      I have a feeling this is a done deal that isn't announced yet so we don't get shafted if we go in for anybody else.

The owners will lose even more credibility if so
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6376 
      Reply #1953: Aug 16, 2017 10:44:51 am
      The owners will lose even more credibility if so

Do they have any left?
      Kopite78
      Reply #1954: Aug 16, 2017 10:46:07 am

Very little but if they sold him after unequivocally saying they won't