Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 297878 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #2576: Aug 22, 2017 06:50:52 pm
      What an utter idiot he is. He must not know that one footballer can't play for two teams. Messi will retire at Barca because nobody will be 300m for a 30+ year old. Neymar was 200m and only 25. Messi will could leave for free next summer, so if Messi refuses to sign a contract City might land him for half that buyout fee.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #2577: Aug 22, 2017 06:53:24 pm
      yes pretty much exactly what I said in another post, he has to win back the affection and trust of everyone, he screwed up but he's human and he's still OUR player.

I know but read that post I highlighted back to yourself, take a breathe and chill. I can't be arsed apportioning blame who's in the wrong regarding the whole Coutinho scenario etc, it's the world of modern footy.

Only thing really worrying me is whether we're getting another centre-back, going with just Matip, Lovren, Klavan & Gomez as possible back up isn't going to be good enough for a full season.
      « Last Edit: Aug 22, 2017 06:57:49 pm by HUYTON RED »
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2578: Aug 22, 2017 07:00:06 pm
      On the broader subject of players trying to break out of contracts and basically misbehave their way out of a club, glad to see a bit of a fightback by the clubs this summer, albeit we're the ones loosing out by Leipzig and Saints standing firm too. Otherwise, contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on, and millionaire kids get to make the rules. Bollox to that, club, and fans should expect more from the players, and I'd expect him to try even harder out there on the pitch to make up for all the sh*te off it, and the missed matches on it. Payback time Phil lad !!!!

Also works the other way. Sahko has been frozen out by us, but priced out of a move. That's not right either. We should either sort ourselves the F**k out and negotiate a proper price with some club, or mend the bridge and get him out on the pitch. Don't think he's ever gone on strike, as it were. If we miss out on VVD, seems crazy we'd let him stew in the reserves (though am sure we could secure a loan deal for another year before window closes).
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2579: Aug 22, 2017 07:00:11 pm
      I know but read that post back to yourself, take a breathe and chill.

Only thing really worrying me is whether we're getting another centre-back, going with just Matip, Lovren, Klavan & Gomez as possible back up isn't going to be good enough for a full season.

Defiantly need one more..Klavan is OK as a #5 and I like Gomez's potential but we absolutely need someone to put Lovren to #3.

Honestly if Coutinho stays and once Lallana comes back I am pretty OK with our depth and attacking options, I think for the first time in forever we have decent LB/RB options and I do believe Origi is #4 on the striker list now.

At this point and time I don't and neither should the club/manager/owners care about overpaying by 20 million for VVD.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #2580: Aug 22, 2017 07:03:41 pm
      It was piss poor handing in a transfer request the day before the season started and this back injury is aload of bollocks too.

That said, who can blame the lad for wanting to play for Barcelona? Come on now. He's not a local lad, he has no loyalty to us and if he's good enough for Barca and they want him he should take that opportunity with both hands.

Unfortunately for Phil, it was too late and due to our inactivity in the transfer market we simply couldn't afford to let him go.

Knuckle down, play well, tear the league up like Suarez did, get Liverpool smashing everyone and you will get your move next summer early June and what's more - you will have our blessing...we will all wish you well.

Come on Phil lad, one more year. We still love you.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2581: Aug 22, 2017 07:05:05 pm
      I know but read that post back to yourself, take a breathe and chill.

The way I see it, teams in Europe need 5 more players. a forward, defensive midfielder, attacking midfielder, centre back and 1 more full back.

Salah, +1 in Forward, Attacking midfielder
      Lucas - 1 in CB and Defensive midfielder.
      Robertson + 1 in fall back.
      Solanke + 1 in Forward.

Forward and attacking midfielder is ticked.
      We actually have less than last season in both CB and DM.
      I think we need 3 more signings.
      1 defensive midfielder and 2 more CB.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2582: Aug 22, 2017 07:08:36 pm
      The way I see it, teams in Europe need 5 more players. a forward, defensive midfielder, attacking midfielder, centre back and 1 more full back.

Salah, +1 in Forward, Attacking midfielder
      Lucas - 1 in CB and Defensive midfielder.
      Robertson + 1 in fall back.
      Solanke + 1 in Forward.

Forward and attacking midfielder is ticked.
      We actually have less than last season in both CB and DM.
      I think we need 3 more signings.
      1 defensive midfielder and 2 more CB.

Klopp doesn't play with a traditional DM...he has said that over and over; he's not fussed with it.

Where we are lacking is a midfielder in the ilk of Lallana and Coutinho.

Henderson/Can/Milner/Gini could all rotate back in that 6 role to varying degrees.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #2583: Aug 22, 2017 07:21:22 pm
      Klopp doesn't play with a traditional DM...he has said that over and over; he's not fussed with it.

Then what role is Hendo playing?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #2584: Aug 22, 2017 07:22:05 pm
      Melissa Reddy‏Verified account @MelissaReddy_ 4m4 minutes ago
      Jürgen Klopp on Phil Coutinho's future: "It is 100% clear that nothing has changed."

Melissa Reddy‏Verified account @MelissaReddy_ 5m5 minutes ago
      Jürgen Klopp says Phil Coutinho is "now ill" and has not trained for a long time and thus he doesn't know when he'll be back.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,506 posts | 234 
      Reply #2585: Aug 22, 2017 07:22:21 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #2586: Aug 22, 2017 07:28:50 pm
      ;D...

Phil got the shitz?.. ;D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2587: Aug 22, 2017 07:39:47 pm
      Coutinho has got a case of Barcelonavitis.

Symptoms: Backache, Change in attitude, lack of energy.
      Causes: Scientists aren't completely sure what causes it, but believe it is linked to distorted view of self worth.
      Treatment: 1 month on the bench, if problems persists, rehabilitation in a reserve team until attitude shows signs of improvement.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #2588: Aug 22, 2017 07:41:16 pm
       Melissa Reddy‏Verified account @MelissaReddy_ 15m15 minutes ago

Jürgen Klopp is asked if everything is fine with him and Coutinho and if he'd welcome him back: "Of course. Yes, indeed. Absolutely. 100%"
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2589: Aug 22, 2017 07:42:05 pm

Who the F**k knows?? ;-)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2590: Aug 22, 2017 07:44:50 pm
      Melissa Reddy‏Verified account @MelissaReddy_ 15m15 minutes ago

Jürgen Klopp is asked if everything is fine with him and Coutinho and if he'd welcome him back: "Of course. Yes, indeed. Absolutely. 100%"

Encouraging.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2591: Aug 22, 2017 07:44:56 pm
      Melissa Reddy‏Verified account @MelissaReddy_ 5m5 minutes ago
      Jürgen Klopp says Phil Coutinho is "now ill" and has not trained for a long time and thus he doesn't know when he'll be back.

Don't think Jürgen is going to make it easy for him :whip: Fair enough. But as manager there is a balance would think he needs to try and achieve.

Can't imagine he's fully fit anyway if he hasn't been playing, so guess will take a bit of time to get him back in the first XI ... whatever about his condition moving from bad back, to being ill ...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2592: Aug 22, 2017 07:47:41 pm

To be fair he'd have to be a complete and utter nut job not to integrate Phil back into the team, it could also point to the fact that 90% of what we've been hearing has been media spin and bullshit.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2593: Aug 22, 2017 07:47:45 pm
      you will get your move next summer early June and what's more - you will have our blessing...we will all wish you well.

Only if we have a replacement lined up tho ;)  Hopefully Barca will be chasing the latest shiny ball tho by then ...
      Kopite78
      Reply #2594: Aug 22, 2017 07:48:53 pm

Not as a traditional DM.

Henderson is playing nominally as the deepest of the midfielders but not as a traditional DM.

Klopp doesn't play with the type of midfielder that you would class as a DM, he plays with more a play maker as his deepest of his midfielders.

He plays more an Alonso as a DM than a Macherano as a DM in style. But you wouldn't class Xabi as a DM like Henderson isn't
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2595: Aug 22, 2017 07:57:45 pm

Henderson is playing the #6...but none of our players are a traditional DM/enforcer type mids.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2596: Aug 22, 2017 08:03:32 pm
      Not as a traditional DM.

Henderson is playing nominally as the deepest of the midfielders but not as a traditional DM.

Klopp doesn't play with the type of midfielder that you would class as a DM, he plays with more a play maker as his deepest of his midfielders.

He plays more an Alonso as a DM than a Macherano as a DM in style. But you wouldn't class Xabi as a DM like Henderson isn't

Yeah isn't he a big fan of Sacchi who used to do the same?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #2597: Aug 22, 2017 08:17:09 pm
      Yeah isn't he a big fan of Sacchi who used to do the same?

Eh up someone needs to have a word with that Kraut knobhead then!!

Sacchi's style was based on Bob Paisley's masterful Reds.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #2598: Aug 22, 2017 09:00:21 pm
      That's the narrative that will be played out.

Personally i really don't care where his loyalties lie as long as he puts in %100, players don't fanatically support the club generally, Henderson is %150 Sunderland supporter

So, no wonder he plays at the Sunderland level. We need a proper replacement for him and sell him back to Sunderland.

Quick Reply