Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 283799 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #2691: Aug 23, 2017 11:04:56 pm
      I am sick to death of listening to all these old fuc...king pros dishing their opinion on why the lad should be allowed to leave because this sort of opportunity comes along once in a lifetime blah blah blah blah poor Coutinho. As if it's somehow wrong to keep hold of a player who has just recently signed a lucrative new five year deal that pays him a fortune.

Good on the club for telling them up yours and sticking to it (so far). And same goes for Saints with VVD. That lad has acted like a complete idiot trying to force his move to LFC. He is supposed to be the Skipper there and he has acted like a complete tool.

I'm sick of the player power when it comes to transfers. The spoilt feckers sign these long term deals and then the first sniff of a bigger club and they think they can go on strike, feign injury, feed BS to the press and generally act like its owed to them to give them exactly what they want.
      It's because it is Liverpool. BBC ran with Jermain Jenas garbage on their main page, Spurs.
      I believe Barton, Newcastle had some garbage to say about it too.
      Neville had some rubbish to say, from United.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #2692: Aug 24, 2017 12:44:55 am
      If it was definite we would be getting a top class centre back and top class centre midfield with the money, I'd be up for it, our attack is still solid without him, but, we won't, and I'd rather have Coutinho who will buckle down once it blows over, then a big bag of money doing nothing.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #2693: Aug 24, 2017 02:35:40 am
      ARE YALL WILLING TO FORGIVE A PLAYER FAKING INJURY?? Imagine if we lost that game and didnt qualify for the group stages?

can you sue a player for faking injury and losing the club millions?

Highly unprofessional
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #2694: Aug 24, 2017 08:26:19 am
      ARE YALL WILLING TO FORGIVE A PLAYER FAKING INJURY?? Imagine if we lost that game and didnt qualify for the group stages?

Highly unprofessional

Good point but the owners would love us thinking that. If I trusted the people in charge then I'd be ok with him going and that money getting used in a better way. I don't rest the LFC crest on his shoulders, he doesn't seem happy here or hasn't for quite a while. Probably the climate, the best climate and he didn't even get it while he was here.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2695: Aug 24, 2017 08:28:35 am

Highly unprofessional

Are you willing to accept that we are not a one man team as last nights qualifier proved?

He is being kept out of the spotlight while this blows over.

The Express this morning are republishing the story that he is going to make a public statement saying how unhappy he is at Liverpool and if that is the case then we know who put him up for that.

He signed a Contract which we have been generously paying him on and then in the last month BCN come calling.
      Its all understandable how he is feeling but with his transfer request lodged last week he doesn't want to stay .... does he ?

Part of me says to f**k him off and take the squillions .
      Spurs bought a team with that money for Bale.

We would have a windfall to put right what Rodgers got wrong in the transfer market.
      The core is still B.R.'s team .... only just..... but we can buy two more top quality players ... although that flies in the face of my theory of no more than three players in per transfer window.

If he stays then its going to be similar to Luis..... but Luis did put a serious shift in for his last season it not being his fault we didn't get the title.

If he stays Coutinho has to give us 101% with a smile on his face.

Will he ... or can he ... do that now ?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2696: Aug 24, 2017 09:24:13 am
      If and its a big if he is going to come out with a statement condemning the club for violating his human rights by not letting him break a 5 years contract after 6 months blah blah blah boo hoo hoo, then I'm of the opinion f**k him, let him rot in the reserves until next summer. Let him watch from the sidelines as his team mates enjoy playing in the Champions League and let him get so match unfit that he misses the cut for the Brasil squad where he can again sit on the sidelines and watch his team mates play in the World Cup and hopefully win it just to rub his nose in it even further.

We can still sell him next summer or perhaps by then he'll want to honour his contract again.

Honestly this is a point of principle now, we cannot let ourselves be bullied by Barca and Coutinho, irrespective of how much money is wafted under our nose.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #2697: Aug 24, 2017 09:27:15 am

OTT mate, hate's a pretty strong word for someone you don't actually know, yes he's pissed off many and that's fine each to their own but he's a footballer not a rapist or child molester,

I don't like his antics any more than the next bloke but don't hate the fella, he's been mis-advised and made a decision without due diligence, for that he has lost a lot of respect,

He's still our player, he will still run out for us, and when he scores one of his famous free kicks or a 30 yard bender, I'll look forward to you Not celebrating!

YNWA

Well said Billy.I'm sure that (your opinion) would be how the majority of "sensible" fans would agree with.I hate Kneejerkin.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #2698: Aug 24, 2017 09:38:42 am
      Well said Billy.I'm sure that (your opinion) would be how the majority of "sensible" fans would agree with.I hate Kneejerkin.

If he does stay then he will have to give 100% when gets back into the team. When we kept Suarez, for another year after he wanted to go, he gave us his best that season so I would expect nothing less in regards to Coutinho. If he helps get back in the CL next season and a good run in the league and he still wants to go next season then so be it. I think Barca has got 1 good season left before even more of their stars start leaving and if Phil wants to be a part of their downfall then that's up to him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2699: Aug 24, 2017 09:42:32 am
      If he does stay then he will have to give 100% when gets back into the team. When we kept Suarez, for another year after he wanted to go, he gave us his best that season so I would expect nothing less in regards to Coutinho. If he helps get back in the CL next season and a good run in the league and he still wants to go next season then so be it. I think Barca has got 1 good season left before even more of their stars start leaving and if Phil wants to be a part of their downfall then that's up to him.

If he doesn't give 100% then we don't play him, if we don't play him then he misses the world cup, I suspect he'll give 100% ;-)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2700: Aug 24, 2017 09:44:56 am

Highly unprofessional

I tell ye what lets up the anti. If it was Hendo, Can, Sturridge, what would the feelings be then towards forgive and forget?

Personally i learned a long time ago to not give a toss about players. If he doesnt want to be here good luck
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3944 
      Reply #2701: Aug 24, 2017 09:45:15 am
      Are you willing to accept that we are not a one man team as last nights qualifier proved?

The Express this morning are republishing the story that he is going to make a public statement saying how unhappy he is at Liverpool and if that is the case then we know who put him up for that.

He signed a Contract which we have been generously paying him on and then in the last month BCN come calling.
      Its all understandable how he is feeling but with his transfer request lodged last week he doesn't want to stay .... does he ?

We would have a windfall to put right what Rodgers got wrong in the transfer market.
      The core is still B.R.'s team .... only just..... but we can buy two more top quality players ... although that flies in the face of my theory of no more than three players in per transfer window.

If he stays then its going to be similar to Luis..... but Luis did put a serious shift in for his last season it not being his fault we didn't get the title.

All well and good mate but unlike the spuds who used the Bale money to build as you say, a reasonable team, we have advisers apparently who discourage parting with the means to acquire a reasonable team.

The proof of that statement was displayed when the Suarez dosh was used for potential buying instead of replacing genius.

Absolutely F**k all has happened to suggest any other outcome.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2702: Aug 24, 2017 09:51:30 am
      I tell ye what lets up the anti. If it was Hendo, Can, Sturridge, what would the feelings be then towards forgive and forget?

If they went about it as he has then exactly the same.

I don't care he doesn't want to be here, I'm pissed off how he has gone about it and that would be the same no matter who had done it. He's acted like a complete c**t and treated the club, who has developed him, saves him from Italy when he was in danger of not having this type of career, like utter sh*te.
      I don't care he doesn't support the club but he could respect it and his actions are akin to taking a big sh*t on it.. and for that he's a c**t

If we had competent people at the club who could replace him he can go for me, but we don't.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2703: Aug 24, 2017 09:52:45 am
      Think about it logically and Coutinho probably grew up playing football with Brazilian Idols such as Rivaldo, Carlos, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo who's footsteps he wanted to follow not Gerrard, Hamann, Traore, Hyypia, he's just chasing his dream.

Guarantee if any of us as LFC supporters played for Stoke and the club came in for us we'd badly want the dream too.

He's been badly advised and under the pressure of now or never from Barca and their media manipulation/dirty tricks, we all know they're shysters and that its out of character for Coutinho.

Once the window is shut, he'll knuckle down.

P.s I think him being ill is the club keeping him out of the spotlight, Klopp's said he won't play this month a few times now.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2704: Aug 24, 2017 09:55:02 am
      If they went about it as he has then exactly the same.

I don't care he doesn't want to be here, I'm pissed off how he has gone about it and that would be the same no matter who had done it. He's acted like a complete c**t and treated the club, who has developed him, saves him from Italy when he was in danger of not having this type of career, like utter sh*te.
      I don't care he doesn't support the club but he could respect it and his actions are akin to taking a big sh*t on it.. and for that he's a c**t

If we had competent people at the club who could replace him he can go for me, but we don't.

Thats the boat im in. But i suspect because hes capable of a few stepovers and nice flicks then he will find a lot of fans will forget about his bad back and sick stomach. Where if it were other players theyd be burnt at the stake.

My only issue is binning him and not using the money
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2705: Aug 24, 2017 10:01:28 am
      I am sick to death of listening to all these old fuc...king pros dishing their opinion on why the lad should be allowed to leave because this sort of opportunity comes along once in a lifetime blah blah blah blah poor Coutinho.

Me too Scotty... me too. It's not as if he's anyway hard done by, living off food banks or scrimping on minimum wage: wise up to F**k you dicks.  >:D

That said: I can't help remember ['cause sadly I'm old enough] when we, Liverpool F.C. were that 'Once in a lifetime opportunity'.

Football is on the brink of imploding; corporate deals, sponsorship and TV revenue streams are way more important to carpetbagging owners [not just ours btw], than winning. Fans attendance at games is irrelevant; our opinions count for little or nothing as we have no real impact financially because there's always someone who'll pay for that seat.

Truth is; I actually prefer the days when an 'ego' owner ploughed their own wealth into a club because, at the very least, fans knew that those owners wanted to win. Massaging their 'ego', yes but the goal was shared... titles, trophies and glory.

Mark my words; if and when all the P.L. carpetbaggers finally get their way - their will be no relegation or promotion and terms like "a winning season" will creep in. We will be playing 30 games (at most), then 'play-offs' against other top leagues and finally a Supercup. What mug fans still remain will be brainwashed into believing "a winning season" 16W - 2D - 12L is something to be proud off.

As for Coutinho: the opposite of love is apathy [not hate] so... MEH!

And that's after I got out the right side of the bed.  ;D
      « Last Edit: Aug 24, 2017 10:23:40 am by bad boy bubby »
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2706: Aug 24, 2017 10:35:44 am
      I do not understand the thinking behind keeping Coutinho, I really don't... Last night we played one of the most important games of our season thus far and Philippe Coutinho was willing to sit it out feigning illness and risk to possibility of the club being knocked out of the CL qualifiers, and people here are saying that the club should keep hold of him and force him to play...?? If he was willing to do that, what else would he do...? Imagine this season we are in the Final of the Champions League and we end up facing Barca...3 mins to go. The score is 1-1... Liverpool are pressing hard in attack. 7 players in advance of Coutinho who has dropped back to find space... He receives the ball on the half way line, and promptly loses the ball to Suarez, who plays Messi through... 2-1 Barca... was it a honest mistake...? or did he do it just to get back at LFC and force a through a move for the following season...?? What do LFC dofor the remainder of the game...? Do the team trust that it was and honest mistake and giving him the ball again...? Does Klopp sub him, taking off his best chance of getting his team back into the game..?

Some may view this as a bit far fetched; but who's to say it can not happen... After all he as already shown that he will feign illness to get out of the club, why not make a few mistakes costing us games... A under pass here and there, a miss timed tackle, a miss kick or defection that sends the ball towards our own net, losing a man at a corner, or blocking off your team mate... There are many ways in which he can hurt us that would be impossible to prove were done deliberate.... Many of you here, maybe all of you here, may believe that he is to professional to do such things, Me i am more cynical... I do not trust a player who does not want to stay and play for the Club...Nor do I like cash plus player deals, not unless that player has in the past wanted to play for Liverpool and still does..... I believe that we should take the money and go find players who want to play for the Club
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2707: Aug 24, 2017 10:40:35 am

Ya think?  :laugh:
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2708: Aug 24, 2017 11:27:59 am

Suarez had a trantrum over not getting a move to Arsenal but I'm not sure he burnt the supporters in the same way Coutinho has. This has more a Torres feel about it with a gradual shifting towards a Sterling. Smile in Jan saying how you want to achieve your dreams with us then hand in a transfer request eight months later saying how you hate it here, with threats of conducting unauthorised interviews to spout lies. We shouldn't sell him on the simple principle of not strengthining a potential Champions League rival but the lad is going to be on a steady diet of humble pie for the next ten months at least.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2709: Aug 24, 2017 11:54:27 am
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2710: Aug 24, 2017 11:58:26 am
      Bunch of cu*ts
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2711: Aug 24, 2017 11:58:51 am
      Suarez had a trantrum over not getting a move to Arsenal but I'm not sure he burnt the supporters in the same way Coutinho has. This has more a Torres feel about it with a gradual shifting towards a Sterling. Smile in Jan saying how you want to achieve your dreams with us then hand in a transfer request eight months later saying how you hate it here, with threats of conducting unauthorised interviews to spout lies. We shouldn't sell him on the simple principle of not strengthining a potential Champions League rival but the lad is going to be on a steady diet of humble pie for the next ten months at least.

You F***ing what?

He took us to arbitration (over his alleged release clause) bit 2 players, and (however unfairly) had a racial abuse charge, as well as agreeing personal terms with Barca while still signed to us, and missing a sh*t ton of games due to his behaviour.

You lot need to give your F***ing heads a wobble and remember just how much he sh*t on the club, and the supporters.
      He behaved like a first class c**t, and Coutinho is not even in the same F***ing league when it comes to behaviour.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2712: Aug 24, 2017 11:59:22 am
      I do not understand the thinking behind keeping Coutinho, I really don't... Last night we played one of the most important games of our season thus far and Philippe Coutinho was willing to sit it out feigning illness and risk to possibility of the club being knocked out of the CL qualifiers, and people here are saying that the club should keep hold of him and force him to play...?? If he was willing to do that, what else would he do...? Imagine this season we are in the Final of the Champions League and we end up facing Barca...3 mins to go. The score is 1-1... Liverpool are pressing hard in attack. 7 players in advance of Coutinho who has dropped back to find space... He receives the ball on the half way line, and promptly loses the ball to Suarez, who plays Messi through... 2-1 Barca... was it a honest mistake...? or did he do it just to get back at LFC and force a through a move for the following season...?? What do LFC dofor the remainder of the game...? Do the team trust that it was and honest mistake and giving him the ball again...? Does Klopp sub him, taking off his best chance of getting his team back into the game..?

Some may view this as a bit far fetched; but who's to say it can not happen... After all he as already shown that he will feign illness to get out of the club, why not make a few mistakes costing us games... A under pass here and there, a miss timed tackle, a miss kick or defection that sends the ball towards our own net, losing a man at a corner, or blocking off your team mate... There are many ways in which he can hurt us that would be impossible to prove were done deliberate.... Many of you here, maybe all of you here, may believe that he is to professional to do such things, Me i am more cynical... I do not trust a player who does not want to stay and play for the Club...Nor do I like cash plus player deals, not unless that player has in the past wanted to play for Liverpool and still does..... I believe that we should take the money and go find players who want to play for the Club

What the F**k are you talking about son
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2713: Aug 24, 2017 12:56:43 pm
      What the f**k are you talking about son

Seriously. There's no way that Barca will make the final against us.

Quick Reply