Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 289121 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #3404: Jan 01, 2018 01:59:38 pm
      Coutinho got a rest in training. No reason he can't make the bench today.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,984 posts | 3061 
      Reply #3405: Jan 01, 2018 02:17:17 pm
      An old adage I know states that sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

One of my old man’s favourites that - 10 years gone now. Plus for making me smile ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3406: Jan 01, 2018 02:24:48 pm
      Surely Klopp would prioritise the league over the cup, regardless if it’s the bitters. To not put him on the bench (where there is a chance he may not be needed) wouldn’t make any sense. Anyway, I’ll draw my own conclusions if he is omitted.

When he got slated for not going for his strongest team vs the Bitters last time? Can’t have it both ways.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #3407: Jan 01, 2018 02:25:42 pm
      When he got slated for not going for his strongest team vs the Bitters last time? Can’t have it both ways.
      Depends what way you look at it - that game was in the league.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3408: Jan 01, 2018 02:27:55 pm
      Depends what way you look at it - that game was in the league.

The league we aren’t going to win. The cup there is every chance and that game, despite Burnley being in better form than the Bitters this season, will be bigger than this one in the league.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #3409: Jan 01, 2018 02:34:09 pm
      The league we aren’t going to win. The cup there is every chance and that game, despite Burnley being in better form than the Bitters this season, will be bigger than this one in the league.
      I feel like you already know this but we are looking to secure a top 4 place. Regardless of what you and I think, Klopp doesn’t play his strongest side (or anywhere near it) in domestic cup competitions historically.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3410: Jan 01, 2018 02:45:36 pm
      I feel like you already know this but we are looking to secure a top 4 place. Regardless of what you and I think, Klopp doesn’t play his strongest side (or anywhere near it) in domestic cup competitions historically.

I think you are missing my point about the Bitters being a bigger and tougher game than what Burnley should be. Ultimately, our result today won’t be the final say for whether we finish top 4 or not. We play strongest line up today, 48 hours after our last game, following on from a very busy period for us, then end up playing a heavily weakened team vs Bitters, that still won’t be right. This is pretty much a lose lose situation for Klopp and team selection, he won’t please everyone.

But, we win today, then Coutinho plays and we beat the Bitters, what will your view on Coutinho’s status be then?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #3411: Jan 01, 2018 02:51:29 pm
      I think you are missing my point about the Bitters being a bigger and tougher game than what Burnley should be. Ultimately, our result today won’t be the final say for whether we finish top 4 or not. We play strongest line up today, 48 hours after our last game, following on from a very busy period for us, then end up playing a heavily weakened team vs Bitters, that still won’t be right. This is pretty much a lose lose situation for Klopp and team selection, he won’t please everyone.

But, we win today, then Coutinho plays and we beat the Bitters, what will your view on Coutinho’s status be then?
      I got your point to be honest, just disagreed with it.

Well in that (hypothetical) situation then, of course, I would be far more assured of him staying. He could as easily not be involved in that game as well and maybe you would think differently?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,462 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3412: Jan 01, 2018 02:56:43 pm
      Klopp will play the strongest xi against the blueshite maybe the exception in goal, i have no doubt about that
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #3413: Jan 01, 2018 02:59:21 pm
      Everyone is talking about playing the strongest 11 against Everton but werent we accusing him of doing the opposite of that not long ago?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3414: Jan 01, 2018 02:59:59 pm
      Well in that (hypothetical) situation then, of course, I would be far more assured of him staying. He could as easily not be involved in that game as well and maybe you would think differently?

If there is no news of him being injured then I will start to think differently. But at the same time, I'm not going to suddenly think the worst and that he's packing his bags as we speak before we are even at that game yet, especially when he's been one of our most involved players over the busy fixture period.

Look, I don't for a second think he will be our player next season, not even in the slightest do I think that. But I would like to think that the club would be smarter than to sell him now when we are in a good position for a top 4 finish, have the FA Cup to play for and a good draw that's given us a real chance of progressing further in the Champions League.

Whether that happens or not, I don't know, it's not down to me.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #3415: Jan 01, 2018 03:05:14 pm
      Look, I don't for a second think he will be our player next season, not even in the slightest do I think that. But I would like to think that the club would be smarter than to sell him now when we are in a good position for a top 4 finish, have the FA Cup to play for and a good draw that's given us a real chance of progressing further in the Champions League.
      As would I mate but supporting this club has taught me that it’s not always as simple as that. Either way, we’re both hoping he stays so I’ll be glad to eat humble pie when the window closes.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3416: Jan 01, 2018 03:06:52 pm
      As would I mate but supporting this club has taught me that it’s not always as simple as that. Either way, we’re both hoping he stays so I’ll be glad to eat humble pie when the window closes.

In fairness, thought he was 99.99% gone last summer. Hopefully Barca turn their attentions elsewhere. Winning the Champions League would be a massive boost to our chances :laugh:
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #3417: Jan 01, 2018 11:47:08 pm
      Liverpool will demand an "astronomical" fee from Barcelona before they consider selling 25-year-old playmaker Philippe Coutinho

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/31/has-philippe-coutinho-signed-barcelona-nike-make-bizarre-kit/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Liverpool will demand astronomical fee from Barcelona to sell Philippe Coutinho after Nike website blunder

Would Love to get £160m from them...  ;D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3418: Jan 02, 2018 12:23:43 am
      Liverpool will demand an "astronomical" fee from Barcelona before they consider selling 25-year-old playmaker Philippe Coutinho

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/31/has-philippe-coutinho-signed-barcelona-nike-make-bizarre-kit/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Liverpool will demand astronomical fee from Barcelona to sell Philippe Coutinho after Nike website blunder

Would Love to get £160m from them...  ;D
      i estimated £160m. It seems Spanish papers going with that now too.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3419: Jan 02, 2018 12:40:08 am
      Astronomical fee in the summer, 160m, or, 130m + Sergi Roberto or they can F**k right off and go try to bully someone else, cu*ts.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3420: Jan 02, 2018 12:42:10 am
      Astronomical fee in the summer, 160m, or, 130m + Sergi Roberto or they can f**k right off and go try to bully someone else, cu*ts.

They can F**k right off but I'd take 130 million + Sergio Busquets or they can F**k right off.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3421: Jan 02, 2018 05:19:46 am
      They can f**k right off but I'd take 130 million + Sergio Busquets or they can f**k right off.
      I'd have 125m+ Rafinha
      « Last Edit: Jan 02, 2018 05:24:55 am by Ribapuru »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #3422: Jan 02, 2018 07:08:48 am
      Too much coincidence, Nike should not even be making such templates yet. They take about 5 seconds to make. I won't be buying any Nike products anymore. I usually stick to Adidas for sports gear when I can anyway.

I don't think that it was an accident, it's mind games. They wanted to.disturb us just before the window opens. I don't feel comfortable with their tactics and I am also ashamed no official complaint has been made.

Nike has surely aligned themselves to do Barcas dirty work and I dislike Barcelona even more than United. Nike is barred as much as the S*n for me. I wouldn't evenaccept free Nike stuff now. I wouldn't be surprised to see other Liverpool fans boycotting Nike too.

It takes 5 seconds to make a template? Jesus F***ing christ.

Putting Nike and the S*n in the same basket is F***ing bullshit. I went to the college where Nike started, and have many friends in Oregon that work for Nike at their world HQ. Not that I believe the company is any better or worse than any other of its type, they're all large capitalist empires looking to make a buck at the end of the day, but they certainly do not deserve to have that kind of smear on them - Coutinho ending up in a Nike jersey, considering they already have him for Brazil, would be pretty big. A website mistake versus the slander directed at the 96 souls and families affected by that?! You should be ashamed of yourself for such ridiculous overreaction and I hope you can understand how F***ing ridiculous that is.

Now do I hope Liverpool go after Nike for some kind of please explain or any form of retribution? Absolutely. If this was genuinely nothing and we have no intention of letting go until at least the summer then this needs some kind of resolution for me. Nike, or someone, fu**ed up and caused some significant uproar because of it. But are Nike suddenly worse than Adidas? F**k no. They're all the F***ing same at the end of the day. Sure, I prefer Nike because I'm a proud Oregon alum and it's just part of the stupid fan culture you get sucked into in Eugene/Portland, but I enjoy it and I like their sh*t. But I have Adidas, Under Armour, NB etc as well because at the end of the day, it's all pretty much the same stuff. Making this bigger than it is with S*n comparisons and swearing off Nike for Adidas is about as stupid as it gets.

ANYWAY. Didn't read too much into him being out of the squad yesterday. Considering Mo was also completely out of it, and the heavy rotation Klopp has been doing of late, it falls into line with how we're rolling lately. I would expect to see him against Everton. Hopefully by then a bit more is known about this Nike sh*t as well.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #3423: Jan 02, 2018 10:28:34 am
      Would be this club at its best if we sell our best player just as it seems we’re getting somewhere. Notice Barca aren’t sniffing around De Bruyne as they know they’d get told to get to F**k
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #3424: Jan 02, 2018 12:08:08 pm
      Whether he stays or goes, the answer lies in who's financing the £75m vvd money.

We all want a sugar daddy to pay for all our whimps and fancy. But FSG is no middle eastern oil shiek. Neither of us are paying the £75m transfer fee either.

Yes watch the football. Love the game. But take funding into perspective. Expect FSG to plough £70-100m into players every year is not going to happen annually. They will have to balance the books.

Think about it and you'll have an answer.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3425: Jan 02, 2018 01:15:08 pm
      Coutinho on strike. I wouldn't sell him now.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,462 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3426: Jan 02, 2018 01:18:04 pm
      Coutinho on strike. I wouldn't sell him now.

Like he was strike the last time ?

Quick Reply