Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)

Read 211198 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Andy Robertson Player Thread
      Reply #46: Jul 22, 2017 09:43:15 am
      First linked in 2013... they've played the long game to get him here. I have a feeling the wait may have been worth it. Good luck Andy.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #47: Jul 22, 2017 09:43:22 am
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-robertson-klopp-summer-signing-13361479

Jackson said: ā€œThe Premier League is definitely his level. Iā€™m sceptical on whether Liverpool is his level. I donā€™t think heā€™s the type of signing Liverpool fans want. Heā€™s a good player but Iā€™m not sure heā€™s Champions League standard. He is more a mid-table Premier League player.ā€

The player can be ā€œfairly rashā€ and ā€œdive into tacklesā€, according to Jackson.
      In an assessment which will not thrill Liverpool supporters, the writer compared Robertson to Liverpool full-back Alberto Moreno in terms of their defensive abilities.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #48: Jul 22, 2017 10:18:47 am
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-robertson-klopp-summer-signing-13361479

Jackson said: ā€œThe Premier League is definitely his level. Iā€™m sceptical on whether Liverpool is his level. I donā€™t think heā€™s the type of signing Liverpool fans want. Heā€™s a good player but Iā€™m not sure heā€™s Champions League standard. He is more a mid-table Premier League player.ā€

The player can be ā€œfairly rashā€ and ā€œdive into tacklesā€, according to Jackson.
      In an assessment which will not thrill Liverpool supporters, the writer compared Robertson to Liverpool full-back Alberto Moreno in terms of their defensive abilities.

:o :couch: :o

btw welcome, may you be nothing like Alberto and his defensive abilities.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #49: Jul 22, 2017 10:29:35 am
      Welcome to LFC, Andy, best of luck in the red shirt.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #50: Jul 22, 2017 10:50:52 am
      I hope that  for   once  in a long time
      we have a  LB.Welcome
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #51: Jul 22, 2017 01:00:15 pm
      I suspect Milner will start LB for us and Robertson and Moreno will fight for a spot on the bench. It has to be a squad addition. Any hopes of more is optiomistic.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #52: Jul 22, 2017 05:26:43 pm

At last something we agree on.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #53: Jul 22, 2017 09:09:56 pm
      haha very clever. :roll: i honestly have no hard feelings against people who are happy about Robertson so I don't understand those who are hostile about me  being disappointed with this signing. No point in beating a dead horse about it anymore. A reluctant welcome and I hope to be proved wrong.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #54: Jul 22, 2017 11:19:55 pm
      Good to see we've finally got a left-footed left-back.

All the best Andy, give your best for the shirt and you won't go far wrong.

Pace, skill, strength, game intelligence, and a left boot, this lad has all the tools to be a top LB for us.

Welcome Andy!

YNWA

A left footed  left back .

At last !

A big welcome from the Liverpool Family.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #55: Jul 22, 2017 11:26:15 pm
      This fella has it all except a fancy european or south american name. Bargain in this summers market.

Robertson ?

Hows about we nickname him Roberto .....   after the best left back  that has ever played the game.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #56: Jul 23, 2017 08:12:13 am
      Robertson ?

Hows about we nickname him Roberto .....   after the best left back  that has ever played the game.

Is that Roberto Byrne you are referring to Skip.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #57: Jul 23, 2017 09:45:47 am
      Is that Roberto Byrne you are referring to Skip ?

That would be nice Billy ... but no.   Not our very own Gerry , the hero of the 65 Final.

Roberto Carlos   of Brazil.

The ultimate left back with a shot like an Exocet .

He of " The Impossible Goal"  scored from the goal line .

https://youtu.be/BXAfnFeCd1s
      « Last Edit: Jul 23, 2017 09:54:10 am by MIRO »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #58: Jul 23, 2017 01:56:27 pm
      So City sign Mendy and Danilo, two amazing full backs who can play on the left. Don't worry, we got Robertson. Mendy on the left and Danilo on right is mouthwatering for them.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #59: Jul 23, 2017 02:04:49 pm
      So City sign Mendy and Danilo, two amazing full backs who can play on the left. Don't worry, we got Robertson. Mendy on the left and Danilo on right is mouthwatering for them.

Danilo was piss poor in madrid
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #60: Jul 23, 2017 02:10:00 pm
      haha very clever. :roll: i honestly have no hard feelings against people who are happy about Robertson so I don't understand those who are hostile about me  being disappointed with this signing. No point in beating a dead horse about it anymore. A reluctant welcome and I hope to be proved wrong.

Was just meant as a joke Riba, I do think you are being way to negative towards a player you haven't seen playing for us yet though
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #61: Jul 24, 2017 07:18:02 am

plenty of occasions in the past where some 'vanilla' 'unexciting' signing has performed far better than some expensive young foreign lad. who really cares who city have at fullback, we beat them most times we play them don't we? beat them with Milner at LB..?
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #62: Jul 24, 2017 03:30:43 pm

Would you F***ing give over.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #63: Jul 25, 2017 05:29:28 pm
      This is a terrible signing. I don't know what we were thinking. Bottom of the barrel LB doesn't solve our problems. I wonder why Robertson was so easy to sign :roll:

Talking of bottom of the barrel......

.....you still here Riba ?

YNWA
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #64: Jul 25, 2017 06:18:18 pm
      plenty of occasions in the past where some 'vanilla' 'unexciting' signing has performed far better than some expensive young foreign lad. who really cares who city have at fullback, we beat them most times we play them don't we? beat them with Milner at LB..?
      Milner is a really good player in my opinion.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #65: Jul 25, 2017 07:38:42 pm
      Genuine question here considering he's been linked with the club aince 2013....

Why didn't we sign him last summer? Even in January where Hull were offloading their key players at the time. Why did we have to rely on Milner alone?

We were told that the reason we didn't sign a left back last season was because we were waiting for a quality one to become available.

Do we not think we could habe prized him away from Hull last season? Was Robertson unlikely to come with no champions league football or something? 

As far as i'm concerned an 8 million Ā£ move would have been on the cards for the last 2 seasons if we had wanted then to persue it.

Now he's here it seems to have been an error of judgement on somebodies account for not getting him in sooner.
      « Last Edit: Jul 25, 2017 08:05:39 pm by fields of anny rd »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #66: Jul 25, 2017 08:08:47 pm
      Genuine question here considering he's been linked with the club aince 2013....

Isn't that roughly around the time of the formation of the transfer committtee  :f_whistle:

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #67: Jul 25, 2017 08:22:18 pm
      Isn't that roughly around the time of the formation of the transfer committtee  :f_whistle:

He is a real comittee signing I think. Maybe now at 23 they couldn't hold their load any longer on him.

I guess we are about to see if the numbers in their app add up in real life.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #68: Jul 25, 2017 09:08:57 pm
      I checked and he can pass, dribble and makes a few key passes. Doesn't tackle well or win 50 50 headers. Probably because he is not really very tall. Probably why people said he is like Moreno in terms of ability.
      « Last Edit: Jul 25, 2017 09:15:05 pm by Ribapuru »

Quick Reply