Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)

Read 216235 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,682 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Andy Robertson Player Thread
      Reply #276: Jan 15, 2018 01:58:34 pm
      He showed it not only with lesser teams but with an unbeaten one, NOT anymore :P

« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2018 02:02:56 pm by clint_call01 »
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #277: Jan 15, 2018 02:09:28 pm
      Andy Arne Riise.

Been impressed more and more each time he's played. There's an old school quality in this lad, don't think we need to look any further now with Robbo. My man of the match.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #278: Jan 15, 2018 09:05:12 pm
      Brilliant game by Robertson yesterday. Solid as a rock defensively and relentless pressing. Completely nullified Sterling. Great game allround and he's improving game by game. Long may it continue. As it stands we've got two of the best young LB's in the league. Considering LB was a huge issue just about half a season ago, that's quite the turnaround.

I know I shouldn't say it and I loved that he did, but had Moreno gone on that pressing run, he would've been called a crazy, rash lunatic on a wild goose chase running out of position when we're up 4-1. Robertson does it and he's called God, amongst things.

Taking nothing away from the lad's recent performances, he's a very good FB. Moreno has a real battle on his hands to get back in the side, though I'm sure we'll see plenty of rotation to keep both lads fresh during the rest of the season.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #279: Jan 15, 2018 09:39:24 pm
      Was reason 'the game' supplement in The Times and their review of this game.

Get this - their match ratings (by some nomark called Ian Whittell) had Andy Robertson a 6/10 with Raheem Sterling on...6/10.  :lmao:
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #280: Jan 15, 2018 09:48:52 pm
      He's a fantastic LB absolutely solid.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #281: Jan 15, 2018 10:32:59 pm

Get this - their match ratings (by some nomark called Ian Whittell) had Andy Robertson a 6/10 with Raheem Sterling on...6/10.  :lmao:

Some of these morons fart this stuff out their hoops I swear.

I saw Bobby get a 6 too.......
      « Last Edit: Jan 16, 2018 07:43:26 am by Scotia »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #282: Jan 16, 2018 07:32:35 am

To think someone got paid to write that
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,039 posts | 336 
      Reply #283: Jan 16, 2018 08:31:44 am
      We will be so solid on the left with Andy and Virgil.  Need to look to the RIGHT of defence, where Gomez, who is magnificent at RB but always seems to have one costly mistake, should be 1st choice RCB and we need TAA to be given a massive run at RB to build his game.  Not sure whats happening with Clyne.

Andy Robbo restores my faith in Scottish footballers! 
      In years to come it will be:
      Liddell, St John, Dalglish, Souness, Hansen, Nicol, Gillespie (for the hat trick!), Macallister, Robertson ...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,149 posts | 8540 
      Reply #284: Jan 16, 2018 10:47:18 pm
      Absolutely F***ing love this lad, feels great to finally have a left-back that can you know, actually defend!!

The sight of him tear-arsing after City players and hustling the F**k out of them was great to see.

Moreno might as well get used to sitting on his arse.

skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,147 posts | 257 
      Reply #285: Jan 17, 2018 05:44:13 am
      Hopefully it's more of such a great performance to come from Andy :D
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #286: Jan 18, 2018 04:29:37 pm
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #287: Jan 18, 2018 10:32:32 pm

That's the kind of player LFC have been missing so badly.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,257 posts | 6365 
      Reply #288: Jan 23, 2018 01:05:31 am
      Can't think of too many times I've seen a week to week performance that was so contrasting. Thought Andy was ridiculously poor tonight. It appeared he had an anchor  keeping  him from actually trying to beat his man down the side. How many times did he beat his man and whip in a cross....can't think of more than a couple. We really needed him to provide some width to open up the middle...he did not and it was disappointing.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,171 posts | 829 
      Reply #289: Jan 23, 2018 05:41:03 am
      Can't think of too many times I've seen a week to week performance that was so contrasting. Thought Andy was ridiculously poor tonight. It appeared he had an anchor  keeping  him from actually trying to beat his man down the side. How many times did he beat his man and whip in a cross....can't think of more than a couple. We really needed him to provide some width to open up the middle...he did not and it was disappointing.

Never a good crosser of the ball, he lacks technique even when he had really good games he wasn't that great delivering a cross. Reminds me of Jose Enrique who was equally as bad.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,257 posts | 6365 
      Reply #290: Jan 23, 2018 10:08:02 am
      Never a good crosser of the ball, he lacks technique even when he had really good games he wasn't that great delivering a cross. Reminds me of Jose Enrique who was equally as bad.

I disagree, I think when he heads to the end line and whips the ball in its particularly tough for the defense to handle. Problem last night is he let himself be pushed to the middle and didn’t provide us any width whatsoever.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #291: Jan 23, 2018 11:52:18 am

There's no point in us crossing a ball in as we lack the players to attack it, its just not what we do, I can't actually remember the last goal we scored from a cross.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #292: Jan 23, 2018 12:04:23 pm
      There's no point in us crossing a ball in as we lack the players to attack it, its just not what we do, I can't actually remember the last goal we scored from a cross.

I actually just said the same on Twitter - nobody ever attacks the near post even to create space.

That’s why whomever is playing on the flanks so often seems to knock the ball in too early.

Of all our fullbacks Trent’s pure delivery is the best, followed by Robbo followed by Bertie followed by Gomez.

Had to laugh - Robbo knocked a peach of a ball in last night in second half and someone castigated him on here’s for it being too hard......There should have been a striker making the goalie think about putting his face in the way.....
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #293: Jan 23, 2018 01:14:11 pm
      I actually just said the same on Twitter - nobody ever attacks the near post even to create space.

That’s why whomever is playing on the flanks so often seems to knock the ball in too early.

Of all our fullbacks Trent’s pure delivery is the best, followed by Robbo followed by Bertie followed by Gomez.

Had to laugh - Robbo knocked a peach of a ball in last night in second half and someone castigated him on here’s for it being too hard......There should have been a striker making the goalie think about putting his face in the way.....

If it's the one that went just past the far post and everyone was behind it, then I agree, thought it was a great ball.

We need them to work on getting closer to his crosses in training.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #294: Jan 24, 2018 04:08:42 pm
      1 tiny bug bear. His crosses are always a yard too close to the keeper/too far from our attacker. Start them back a bit lad!
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,006 posts | 521 
      Reply #295: Jan 28, 2018 01:41:33 pm
      Any news on why he didn't start against WBA? Not injured is he?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #296: Jan 28, 2018 01:44:05 pm
      Missed Robbo last night...could have done with his industrial workmanship..
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,257 posts | 6365 
      Reply #297: Jan 28, 2018 01:48:16 pm
      Don’t think his job is in any danger.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,149 posts | 1090 
      Reply #298: Jan 28, 2018 01:59:58 pm
      Don’t think his job is in any danger.

It’s like I said before the game started yesterday, this is pretty cut and dry situation. Robbo is your left back and Moreno is a squad player. Case closed. Don’t make it more complicated than it needs to be Klopp!

Quick Reply