Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)

Read 211365 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Andy Robertson Player Thread
      Reply #851: Sep 20, 2019 12:06:41 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #852: Sep 20, 2019 01:12:26 pm
      Narcissistic personality disorder(NPD) is a personality disordercharacterized by a long-term pattern of abnormal behavior that includes exaggerated feelings of self-importance, an excessive need for admiration, and a lack of empathy towards other people.

The thread was discussing comments that may have caused Robbo to withdraw from twitter.

I didnt refer to you sunshine. Not remotely.......but it is ALL about you isn't it 🤣

Do one and get some help. Right wing blert.

Did someone buy you a dictionary, wow.

I can assure you that I'm not a narcissist, if I was I'd almost certainly not be on here, copping flack every day, but then you might realise that if instead of just throwing cheap remarks about you actually took the time to investigate a bit deeper and broaden your mind.

For example the reason why you attacked me so ferociously for daring to suggest that Robbo is not playing at 100% and the team could benefit from having another LB is quite interesting, its certainly not a logical or rational reaction.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #853: Sep 20, 2019 01:37:06 pm
      Absolutely, every single player should have competition for their place or do you disagree with that?

Leaving alone the idea of him not playing as well this season because I think that is a total reach on your part...

I don't think when you have an established, standout player, one of the best in the world at his position, in the prime of his career, you go buy someone to compete for his place. How is that smart player personnel policy? The idea of cover sort of includes a drop-off by definition, but Milner and Gomez are adequate in a pinch.

But again, we have a top left back so we do not need to buy another one. Think of it. If JD went and recruited another world class antagonistic poster with a special skill at repeating himself over and over and over again, would you feel a little undercut after all the work you've put in to be a fly in everybody's soup? 🙂
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #854: Sep 20, 2019 01:42:36 pm
      Leaving alone the idea of him not playing as well this season because I think that is a total reach on your part...

I don't think when you have an established, standout player, one of the best in the world at his position, in the prime of his career, you go buy someone to compete for his place. How is that smart player personnel policy? The idea of cover sort of includes a drop-off by definition, but Milner and Gomez are adequate in a pinch.

But again, we have a top left back so we do not need to buy another one. Think of it. If JD went and recruited another world class antagonistic poster with a special skill at repeating himself over and over and over again, would you feel a little undercut after all the work you've put in to be a fly in everybody's soup? 🙂

My tuppence worth.

Robertson looked a wee bit rusty in the first couple of games, as did every other F***ing player, because that's what it's always like at the start of the season, and anyone with an ounce of sense knows this, and judges accordingly.
      He certainly hasn't been out of form or playing badly.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #855: Sep 20, 2019 01:51:28 pm
      Did someone buy you a dictionary, wow.

I can assure you that I'm not a narcissist, if I was I'd almost certainly not be on here, copping flack every day, but then you might realise that if instead of just throwing cheap remarks about you actually took the time to investigate a bit deeper and broaden your mind.

For example the reason why you attacked me so ferociously for daring to suggest that Robbo is not playing at 100% and the team could benefit from having another LB is quite interesting, its certainly not a logical or rational reaction.

"I'm not a narcissist " said the narcissist before making the conversation all about him and missing the core point.......

"Mirror mirror on the wall who is the Heimyist of them all"........ 🤣

You come here for attention. That's all.

Beyond parody you Genghis lad.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #856: Sep 20, 2019 02:26:05 pm

;D, very good, I do feel on my own these days, seeing as so many other posters have been driven away.

I do still maintain that competition for places is essential in any good team and we have very healthy competition in all our positions except LB and in the forwards although Origi and Brewster are ok'ish. I honestly think that this is the main difference between us and City in that they really have such incredible quality in their squad that their B team would probably get into the top 4 of the league. Yes yes I know they have more money than us but the principle still stands, competition improves all players, just look at Hendo who has become a much better player once his selection was put under some threat last season.

Anyway in conclusion Robbo is a FANTASTIC LB, but I think he was better last season than he has been so far this season. I fully expect him to be back to his BRILLIANT self very soon though.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #857: Sep 20, 2019 02:31:52 pm
      "I'm not a narcissist " said the narcissist before making the conversation all about him and missing the core point.......

"Mirror mirror on the wall who is the Heimyist of them all"........ 🤣

You come here for attention. That's all.

Beyond parody you Genghis lad.

and why do you come here then, hmmmm? ;-)

We all want our opinions to be heard and appreciated, why else post??

What is more bizarre though are people jumping on my head for a fairly mild point about a player having a slightly below par start to the season who could maybe benefit from having a bit of competition, to the point that some tell me to go and F myself, three times no less!!  If you don't see that as an over reaction then you have far more serious issues than your ill-perceived notion that I'm some kind of a narcissist.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #858: Sep 20, 2019 06:05:48 pm
      Guys come on chill. That is why we are in a forum to put our thoughts out there even if we totally disagree!

Robertson please have a stunning game against Blueshit to close people's mouth!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #859: Sep 20, 2019 06:23:56 pm
      Guys come on chill. That is why we are in a forum to put our thoughts out there even if we totally disagree!

Wise words, I agree, that really got out of hand 😊
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #860: Sep 21, 2019 06:30:11 am
      He is back on Twitter again. Was getting a lot of love on the official Instagram page of Liverpool.

Reddit says, his account de activation was more of a precaution than him getting abuse.  :laugh:
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #861: Sep 26, 2019 07:05:15 am
      Jamie Redknapp says Robbo plays better for Liverpool than Scotland because he’s playing with better players.

higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #862: Oct 03, 2019 09:48:03 am
      Delighted to see Robbo get a goal last night.

Started the move and ended it with a great finish.

Love him.

Oh Andy Andy
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #863: Oct 03, 2019 10:54:15 am
      Was F***ing amazing for that first 40 minutes!

What a LB and probably the best in the world right now.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #864: Oct 03, 2019 12:48:43 pm
      Outstanding first half and better than most 2nd half.......

I think we'll see a few more goals from Robbo now.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #865: Oct 11, 2019 07:42:12 am
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #866: Oct 12, 2019 06:37:44 am
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #867: Oct 20, 2019 10:05:20 pm
      Robbos performance was lost in translation today, due to the underwhelming circumstances. I thought he was the best of the starting 11 (for either team). Defensively he was sound as always. The MF did him no favors until the end of the game, and than what to ya know, another assist. Dudes as steady as they come.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #868: Nov 12, 2019 06:19:13 am
      The least talked about great player on this site. It's so wierd yall dont give him more love. The kid has played two amazing games with no acknowledgement from the posters. What gives? Trent is talked about every game, no matter his play. Robbo cant get a mention after a goal or a beauty assist
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #869: Nov 12, 2019 07:24:44 am
      The least talked about great player on this site. It's so wierd yall dont give him more love. The kid has played two amazing games with no acknowledgement from the posters. What gives? Trent is talked about every game, no matter his play. Robbo cant get a mention after a goal or a beauty assist

He's so good that we got accustomed to him playing brilliantly every game.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #870: Nov 12, 2019 07:37:30 am
      Yeah agree with George there.

Andy very rarely fails to have a bad game so it's just the norm for him to have a game like that.

In no way is he underappreciated as he for me and everyone else is one of the first names on the teamsheet.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #871: Nov 12, 2019 08:35:56 am
      Yeah agree with George there.

Andy very rarely fails to have a bad great game so it's just the norm for him to have a game like that.

In no way is he underappreciated as he for me and everyone else is one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Fixed that one for ya Higgy pal.....
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #872: Nov 12, 2019 08:40:51 am
      Fixed that one for ya Higgy pal.....

Whoops. Still half asleep it seems. 😂👍
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #873: Nov 12, 2019 10:31:52 am
      this is nit picking in the extreme because he is excellent but noticed a tendency of late to blindly punt the ball up the field, usually straight to the opposition. Get your head up Andy and pick a pass or else put it out for a throw in 50 yards down the field

Quick Reply