Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)

Read 219588 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,714 posts | 3719 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)
      Reply #1472: Sep 17, 2023 08:06:55 am
      He was a little a fault for not closing their attacker however, in the second half, he was all over the place (in a positive sense).

He was the engine, his willingness to continue to move forward after his interception showed his winning mentality.

Keep it up Robbo.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,665 posts | 1599 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1473: Sep 17, 2023 11:09:55 am
      And very honest in post match interview. Didn't blame jet lag or early kick off, no excuses. Said we were not good enough in first half but played better in second.

Honest as they come is our Andy, he says it as it is which is exactly what you want from a Captain, Andy certainly doesn't hide.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,201 posts | 1100 
      Reply #1474: Sep 17, 2023 04:09:07 pm
      A model of consistency
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,984 posts | 3061 
      Reply #1475: Sep 22, 2023 06:10:41 pm
      Every time Kostas plays - he reminds me how F***ing good this kid has been for us.

On a different planet to any other lb over last 6 years.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,958 posts | 5013 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1476: Sep 22, 2023 08:18:49 pm
      Every time Kostas plays - he reminds me how F***ing good this kid has been for us.

On a different planet to any other lb over last 6 years.

£8m from Hull City 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #1477: Oct 08, 2023 06:30:40 pm
      Has been out of form for way too long, serious decision needs to be made regarding his future next season.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,589 posts | 1099 
      Reply #1478: Oct 08, 2023 06:34:45 pm
      Has been out of form for way too long, serious decision needs to be made regarding his future next season.

Robbo was poor for that goal today. Really bad. But i think you can say the same for tsimikas and all of our centre backs to be honest. Robertson is nowhere near the worst in that defence.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #1479: Oct 08, 2023 06:36:49 pm
      Robbo was poor for that goal today. Really bad. But i think you can say the same for tsimikas and all of our centre backs to be honest. Robertson is nowhere near the worst in that defence.

He has been nowhere near his previous level esp now in this new system.
      Plus he has a lot of miles in his legs and he ain’t getting any younger.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,604 posts | 750 
      Reply #1480: Oct 08, 2023 07:16:16 pm

He hasn't been out of form at all. ;D He was poor on their goal. But so was Allison on the 1st goal.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,412 posts | 2835 
      Reply #1481: Oct 09, 2023 08:09:05 am
      Another awful display. At fault for the equaliser but generally just so poor. I remember one where he completely didn’t read the winger breaking forward and then got completely done by him as he cut inside only for Ali to bail him out. Very unlike the Robbo we know.

The problem we’ve got is that Tsimikas looks awful every time he plays so Robbo knows he’s guaranteed a start at the moment in the league.

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,201 posts | 1100 
      Reply #1482: Oct 10, 2023 03:15:15 pm
      Looked good last season, but when we changed systems he started looking a bit out of place.

We're asking him to be something he's not. Were playing to Trents strengths and not his. If we're going to continue with this system then we need to move to a more defensively sound LCB. Robbo is my favorite player, however, if this is the system Klopp wants, than Robbo may have to take a lesser role.....

I just wonder if we had viable number 6 would we need to play this system. It made sense last year, when we had no creativity in the middle. But with Szobo, Macca, and Gravenberch, I dunno if we need it as much..... Then again, TAA is a top 5 world passer, it does make sense to get him the ball as much possible.

Glad I'm not Jürgen. However, club comes first
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,697 posts | 3936 
      Reply #1483: Oct 10, 2023 03:28:12 pm
      Never going to dig out this legend - he’ll come good.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #1484: Oct 10, 2023 04:39:11 pm
      He bottled that corner when he shouldn't have. But defending a 2-1 lead away to Brighton will make you doubly cautious I suppose.

Failing to see his awfulness in that game. Much of their play was coming down and succeeding down our right. Trent had a bit of a mare and they were playing around us in that area like ballroom dancers doing a waltz.
      RickRed
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts | 12 
      Reply #1485: Oct 12, 2023 08:51:45 pm
      Went off injured end of first half v Spain tonight.
      rossyred

• 9,303 posts | 1668 
      Reply #1486: Oct 12, 2023 11:00:57 pm
      Could be 6 weeks or so if dislocated . Never good when they return to the club
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,201 posts | 1100 
      Reply #1487: Oct 13, 2023 03:20:37 am
      Can't wait to see what all these dudes who complain about Robbo have to say in 3 weeks.

Tsimikas been getting scalped by Europa and championship sides. Let's see how he fares against Saka and Foden 😔

Perhaps this forces us to play 3 at the back and 4 in the middle and abandon the hybrid formation all together.

LCB incoming in January
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,563 posts | 1497 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1488: Oct 13, 2023 07:20:58 am
      Ffs as poor as has been recently he’s one of the work horses… will struggle without him… a year or so back Kostas would have been a safe bet covering him but he hasn’t been too great either as of late… who knows though a few games in a row might get him on track.
      Don77

• 6,589 posts | 1099 
      Reply #1489: Oct 13, 2023 07:53:55 am
      All the Robbo moaners can enjoy the chaos of the next few months now. It's OK though as tsmikas can be the new scapegoat of the defensive failures week in week out.

If international football was an entity I'd burn it to the ground and happily goto jail for it. I f*cking hate it and it ALWAYS ends up in injury and serious long term injury for us.

A dislocation popped back in ... 6-8 weeks id say. If its worse than than and there is serious ligament damage then its next year before we see him again.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,984 posts | 3061 
      Reply #1490: Oct 13, 2023 09:25:22 am
      He bottled that corner when he shouldn't have. But defending a 2-1 lead away to Brighton will make you doubly cautious I suppose.

Failing to see his awfulness in that game. Much of their play was coming down and succeeding down our right. Trent had a bit of a mare and they were playing around us in that area like ballroom dancers doing a waltz.

Is right. Seems to be an agenda this season. Outside Ali been our best defender by a mile last 18 months
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,412 posts | 2835 
      Reply #1491: Oct 13, 2023 09:55:06 am
      I think he’s been poor for a while now (as have all our defenders really bar maybe Konate so saying he’s our best defender doesn’t mean much really) but it will still be a massive blow to have him out for a couple of months. The alternate options in that position just aren’t good enough.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #1492: Oct 13, 2023 10:53:34 am
      Is right. Seems to be an agenda this season. Outside Ali been our best defender by a mile last 18 months

Totally. Not quite sure what angles are being played at with Robbo here. I guess it's just his 'turn' to get it in the neck.

Watch out Ali. They'll come for you next.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,308 posts | 768 
      Reply #1493: Oct 13, 2023 11:06:00 am
      Most of the defence seems to have been out of shape for a while, including Robbo. Ali has saved us on numerous occasions apart from the odd blunder. Seems to be make sure we score more than we concede !
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #1494: Oct 13, 2023 01:08:11 pm
      Ah sh*t. Disclocation can be nasty if he tore or stretched any connective tissues.

Quick Reply