Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

SKY Q

Read 4031 times
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      SKY Q
      Jul 24, 2017 01:22:42 pm
      I know we have this overwhelming hatred of the Sky TV empire and all it stands for and I know there's a lot of you that do not subscribe to Sky.. and opt for a different choice of cable such as BT or Virgin.
      However, my geographical location only allows me Sky TV as there are no cable companies operating in my area.
      So the only way to get the footy matches into my living room is via a Sky satellite dish..
      Unless I stream on the laptop which isn't always ideal.

I'm thinking of upgrading to a basic SKY Q package with this new super dooper box c/w high res picture etc and going for the new footy channel option with a bolt on of BT sports so I can watch Euro footy as well..

Anyone got SKY Q?
      Worth it?

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: SKY Q
      Reply #1: Jul 24, 2017 02:52:06 pm
      I know we have this overwhelming hatred of the Sky TV empire and all it stands for and I know there's a lot of you that do not subscribe to Sky.. and opt for a different choice of cable such as BT or Virgin.
      However, my geographical location only allows me Sky TV as there are no cable companies operating in my area.
      So the only way to get the footy matches into my living room is via a Sky satellite dish..
      Unless I stream on the laptop which isn't always ideal.

I'm thinking of upgrading to a basic SKY Q package with this new super dooper box c/w high res picture etc and going for the new footy channel option with a bolt on of BT sports so I can watch Euro footy as well..

Anyone got SKY Q?
      Worth it?

I don't have it mate but don't you have to pay extra for the high def uktra HD option as well?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2: Jul 24, 2017 02:56:39 pm
      I'm also considering getting Sky Q, I think its supposed to be pretty damned good but it would be good to hear from someone who's got it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3: Jul 24, 2017 05:14:31 pm
      I'm also considering getting Sky Q, I think its supposed to be pretty damned good but it would be good to hear from someone who's got it.

We've got it. Just have to go careful on what package or deal you are signing up for. We got ours for a really good price that included the sports package but when we called up about adding the movies they said you can't do it and have to set it up as a whole new package which worked out about 3 times the price, whilst having to still pay the original one we signed up for. Told them to shove it.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #4: Jul 24, 2017 09:31:00 pm
      If you want the Ultra 4K HD picture you need to opt for the 2TB box with multiscreen package plus you've gotta have a decent telly that has 4K imagery for the whole thing to work.
      Problem for us is, we don't need a telly in every room of the house..just the living room will do thanks. :roll:
      The kids watch their phones, laptops, tablets and playstation's in their rooms, not Sky!..
      Because where we are cannot receive Sky broadband, mobile or talk packages as we have our own telecoms on the Island it has allowed me a bit more bargaining power over the years when I'm speaking to the nice lady in Mumbai.

Looking like I can get a new 2TB box and dish for free, footy channel, sky go and movies plus what i'm getting now all in for £50 a month..the BT subscription is an extra tenner on top if i want, so about £60 a month in total.
      I'm currently paying £34.50 a month..

We don't have a giant 4K smart telly ( yet  ;D )
      I'm quite happy with my Panasonic plasma I've had for years, picture's bang on !

I suppose if you watch a lot of telly then it's what? £2 a day?..

might wait and see if I can knock em down bit..

LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #5: Aug 21, 2017 07:17:24 pm
      Just pay the £350-£450 for a mechanical satellite and receiver you'll get hundreds of sports channels including sky.

My cousin has just got one and it's a beast. Just tune all your channels and the dish moves to pick up the signal from whatever country it's from.

Quick Reply