Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Is Everton's Squad Currently Better than Ours?

Read 12612 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,895 posts | 4966 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Is Everton's Squad Currently Better than Ours?
      Reply #69: Aug 16, 2017 05:59:40 pm
      WHO GIVES A F**k, Cos I don't, a small insignificant mediocre franchise who are attempting to be a 'big boy ' in a world where money is king,

Reality is Koeman won't be hanging around the 'pretenders' once a real club like Barca or the Dutch national side come calling, it's only a matter of time,
      Watch this space!!

YNWA
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #70: Aug 16, 2017 06:10:34 pm
      WHO GIVES A F**k, Cos I don't, a small insignificant mediocre franchise who are attempting to be a 'big boy ' in a world where money is king,

Reality is Koeman won't be hanging around the 'pretenders' once a real club like Barca or the Dutch national side come calling, it's only a matter of time,
      Watch this space!!

YNWA

They have a helluva clock though..I will give them that.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #71: Aug 16, 2017 06:32:46 pm
      Has everyone clocked when Sigurdson signs Everton will have a higher record transfer amount than us? Sure fire sign we will spend £50M+ on a player before the end if window imo

Truth be told - I couldn't give a sh*t.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #72: Aug 16, 2017 06:36:46 pm
      Everton breaking our transfer record speaks volumes I'm afraid.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #73: Aug 16, 2017 06:48:16 pm
      Everton breaking our transfer record speaks volumes I'm afraid.

Yup
      They're smashing it by nearly £10M. Puts these tin pot owners into perspective
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #74: Aug 16, 2017 06:51:21 pm
      Yup
      They're smashing it by nearly £10M. Puts these tin pot owners into perspective

In fairness, our owners "TRIED"🙄 to beat it!
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #75: Aug 16, 2017 06:52:06 pm
      They probably have a better defence then us thats about it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #76: Aug 16, 2017 07:02:46 pm
      Has everyone clocked when Sigurdson signs Everton will have a higher record transfer amount than us? Sure fire sign we will spend £50M+ on a player before the end if window imo

So? Who cares what the record signing is. United paid 89mill for Pogba which was a world record but Mane was 10x better last season. It's only because what the transfer window has gone like now, he may have cost 45mill but Sig is only really a 10-15mill player. Hopefully he fails as badly as when he was at Spurs. Personally think he's a bit over rated and just looks better than what he is because of the crap he was playing alongside.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #77: Aug 16, 2017 07:06:29 pm
      Personally think he's a bit over rated and just looks better than what he is because of the crap he was playing alongside.

Well a move to the blueshite will make him look  world class now.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #78: Aug 16, 2017 07:11:55 pm
      So? Who cares what the record signing is. United paid 89mill for Pogba which was a world record but Mane was 10x better last season. It's only because what the transfer window has gone like now, he may have cost 45mill but Sig is only really a 10-15mill player. Hopefully he fails as badly as when he was at Spurs. Personally think he's a bit over rated and just looks better than what he is because of the crap he was playing alongside.

What dyou mean who cares? It vividly illustrates how these owners are ripping us off just as much if not more so than the last lot. We bid, we tried -- load of crap. Dyou see Barca saying 'well we tried for Coutinho and Dembele but clubs saying they're not for sale so hey ho.' Everton, f***in Everton are spending more than us now
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #79: Aug 16, 2017 07:35:00 pm
      What dyou mean who cares? It vividly illustrates how these owners are ripping us off just as much if not more so than the last lot. We bid, we tried -- load of crap. Dyou see Barca saying 'well we tried for Coutinho and Dembele but clubs saying they're not for sale so hey ho.' Everton, f***in Everton are spending more than us now

You pulled 5timesacharm up for not reading your post properly and then you go and not read mine properly. I used the example of Pogba and Mane to show that record signings mean nothing if the player doesn't perform and the same applies to record amounts spent too. City, Spurs, Arsenal for example have had summers recently where they have spent a lot, but what have they actually got to show for it? Especially Spurs.

You say about Everton spending more than us but you seem to forget that they've received around £100mill from player sales, and that's before they have even sold Barkley! So they haven't actually spent much more than us this summer at all, before you start whinging too much.
      If Barca don't sign Coutinho or Dembele then yes, that's exactly what they will be saying because like us and the Keita/VVD deals, if the club is refusing to do business, there is absolutely sod all they can do about it.

As for the owners ripping us off worse than the last lot, maybe you need to give your head a wobble lad and remember just how close H&G were to finishing us as a club and sending us into administration. If you think having a lower amount spent than Everton is on a lower level then that then something is seriously wrong.

So in summary, no, I really couldn't care less about what they are spending because like any transfers, it could go horribly wrong for them.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,895 posts | 4966 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #80: Aug 16, 2017 08:42:58 pm

Agree  @ Swansea big fish small pond, couldn't hack it @ Spuds imo, with blueshite to be fair he'll do ok without pulling up trees,
      Nothing to worry us too much , with most derby's it's likely to be a tight affair and for them it's their cup final, to us just another day @ the office.

YNWA
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #81: Aug 16, 2017 08:53:27 pm
      Agree about this, but I think Sigurdsson is a good player to have. Better than Lanzini right now. He is quite a strong presence in the midfield. He is over 6, he has a lot of technical ability and is in his peak. Why on earth we didn't sign him when we have clear sh*te in midfield and Coutinho problems is utter lunacy. We shown no interest at all. I'd have signed him and let Emre go to Juve for 23m.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #82: Aug 16, 2017 09:41:19 pm
      They probably have a better defence then us thats about it.
      That's not to difficult my lads under 11s has a better defence than us 😜👍
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,272 posts | 761 
      Reply #83: Aug 16, 2017 10:21:48 pm
      I find it strange talking about Everton in a Kop thread, perhaps it should be moved to the general football thread.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #84: Aug 16, 2017 10:35:51 pm
      I find it strange talking about Everton in a Kop thread, perhaps it should be moved to the general football thread.

Should be moved to the Arkles under the post "The Topics with No Real Subject"

or the shitcan....works either way.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #85: Aug 16, 2017 10:42:11 pm
      Should be moved to the Arkles under the post "The Topics with No Real Subject"

or the shitcan....works either way.
      Probably needs merging with the Everton thread.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #86: Aug 17, 2017 01:40:48 am
      Probably needs merging with the Everton thread.

There's an Everton thread? Did I wander on to the wrong forums by mistake?
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,505 posts | 709 
      Reply #87: Aug 17, 2017 01:57:48 am
      Wow, so many people triggered by a simple question. I guess people want to bury their heads in the sand.

Teams around us are improving. FLAT OUT! Including Everton. Their owners are willing to take risks. We are yet to solve our obvious problems. Why would you get so angry if it was such a ridiculous question?

I don't think people would be so butt hurt if i said "is the newcastle squad stronger than ours?"

I can't imagine, i'm the only person in this forum who is seeing the transfer market and the question cropping up in their minds. So whats wrong if i make a post about it? smh

This is a discussion forum where people should be allowed to discuss ideas. Pathetic
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8514 
      Reply #88: Aug 17, 2017 02:09:17 am
      Wow, so many people triggered by a simple question. I guess people want to bury their heads in the sand.

Teams around us are improving. FLAT OUT! Including Everton. Their owners are willing to take risks. We are yet to solve our obvious problems. Why would you get so angry if it was such a ridiculous question?

I don't think people would be so butt hurt if i said "is the newcastle squad stronger than ours?"

I can't imagine, i'm the only person in this forum who is seeing the transfer market and the question cropping up in their minds. So whats wrong if i make a post about it? smh

This is a discussion forum where people should be allowed to discuss ideas. Pathetic

This is also a LFC fan board so should include taking the piss and having a laugh, which is half of what this thread is, so that just makes you the boring arse pathetic one lad!!
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,256 posts | 234 
      Reply #89: Aug 17, 2017 08:17:44 am
      We also improved. We have new LB Moreno and new CM in Milner. Like a new signing...And don't forget super fit fatiqued Stu!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #90: Sep 17, 2017 07:50:39 pm
      I'm going out on a limb here... no, no it's not.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #91: Sep 17, 2017 07:52:47 pm
      I'm going out on a limb here... no, no it's not.

Bold statement there mate. They did spend £150 million on quality players!

Quick Reply