Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Atletico Madrid 1-1 Liverpool (5-4 pens) Audi Cup Final: In game and Post Match

Read 21038 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Atletico Madrid 1-1 Liverpool (5-4 pens) Audi Cup Final: In game and Post Match
      Reply #299: Aug 03, 2017 10:30:53 am
      Are we talking about men or little girls here?

You miss a pen you move on, the game isn't about penalties, it's about everything else that you actually do 98% of the time as a professional footballer (on the pitch). If missing a penalty destroys these guys' confidence, they really shouldn't be playing football and shouldn't be playing for Liverpool.
      Have seen the way missing penalties effect players... Ask Chris Waddle .... How many times have I suggested playing youth players only to have some here come back with " If they had a bad game it would destroy their confidence"  :roll: Would imagine it is the same thing here, wouldn't you  :f_whistle:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Atletico Madrid 1-1 Liverpool (5-4 pens) Audi Cup Final: In game and Post Match
      Reply #300: Aug 03, 2017 10:32:59 am
      I looked at him today, and he played one forward pass, everything else was sidewards or back, which is his normal game, thats not saying that sometimes the ball is a 'hot potato' where you go for the safe option, but he did not look up once, he was in space a lot of times, but his mind was made up.  That to me is not a Liverpool captian.
      In true I have never rated him, still see nothing that makes me rate him...Should have sold him instead of Joe Allen
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #301: Aug 03, 2017 10:34:36 am
      Wasn't arsed about beating Bayern 3-0 so certainly not going to be arsed about Hendo missing a pen and us losing a shootout.

Only real thing of note for me was our shaky defence yet again. We definitely need a CB soon otherwise we are an injury or two away from an absolute disaster. Could do with the Milner at LB experiment to end as well.

Although I think Woodburn will be a talent, I'd be pushing Kent ahead of him this season and also thought Ejaria did well when he came on.

More I watch him the more I think Woodburn's long term future is in the middle. I'd have him as Coutinho's understudy and like you said use Kent out wide when Mane/Salah need a rest.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #302: Aug 03, 2017 10:44:10 am
      Well something has clearly affected the development of your cerebral cortex if that's the way you think.
      by your reaction to my original post what ever crawled up your ass has attached it's self to your basal ganglia...As I said elsewhere in the tread How many times have I suggested playing youth players only to have some here come back with " If they had a bad game it would destroy their confidence"  :roll: Would imagine it is the same thing here, wouldn't you  :f_whistle:
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #303: Aug 03, 2017 10:47:44 am
      We've got to be pleased with those two performances against two of Europe's top teams surely?
      I thought the young lads bought themselves some great experience playing in those two games against some top professionals.
      Kent, Gomez and Alexander I thought played really well and blended in with the more experienced players.
      Moreno and Robertson looked sharp and always a threat down the left.

The question marks for me still hang over Milner and Klavan.

I'm sure we'll add to the squad soon and god help Watford that's all I can say !  ;D

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #304: Aug 03, 2017 10:51:32 am
      No not, he's too lightweight to play in that position.

Agreed. But he may do more forward passes than Hendo.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #305: Aug 03, 2017 11:21:20 am
      by your reaction to my original post what ever crawled up your ass has attached it's self to your basal ganglia...As I said elsewhere in the tread How many times have I suggested playing youth players only to have some here come back with " If they had a bad game it would destroy their confidence"  :roll: Would imagine it is the same thing here, wouldn't you  :f_whistle:

Football Players quite obviously have more than 2 functioning neurones that they're careers don't collapse after a friendly game irrespective of missing a penalty.

Shame about the fan base 🤣
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #306: Aug 03, 2017 11:24:45 am
      Agreed. But he may do more forward passes than Hendo.

That really is no great achievement, even the strikers do more forward passes than Henderson! ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #307: Aug 03, 2017 11:26:25 am
      BTW the level of commentary for that game was unbelievable with them at one point questioning if Robertson had enough prem experience to be starting as LB for us, I mean WTF, 2 seasons at Hull not count then?
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #308: Aug 03, 2017 11:48:55 am
      BTW the level of commentary for that game was unbelievable with them at one point questioning if Robertson had enough prem experience to be starting as LB for us, I mean WTF, 2 seasons at Hull not count then?

That's old toilet clive tyldesley for ya !... It was like listening to Genesis that commentary !
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #309: Aug 03, 2017 12:24:40 pm
      Hendo missed a pen in a friendly. Don't know why anyone is fussed tbh.

The Audi Cup who cares  :confused-smiley-013:
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #310: Aug 03, 2017 05:45:56 pm
      I think james milner slow down our play he F**k after few minutes when watch game taught Kent was very good when he come on look like something going happened but we had second team out but lads look fit first team and very good
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #311: Aug 03, 2017 05:47:30 pm
      These put milner in defense has stop he no pace not player he was fouls lot he turn into Lucas
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #312: Aug 03, 2017 08:01:58 pm
      Would rather have 3 from Can, Wijnaldum, Coutinho & Lallana.

I actually think we are really lacking in the middle and it's overlooked slightly. Take Coutinho and Lallana, as they play slightly further forward, out of those names and add Milner and Hendo and you have a choice of central midfielders who all individually are decent enough, say top 6/7 in prem terms but as a unit it doesn't fill me with confidence.

I'm a huge fan of Henderson but his injuries are too much and he takes a while to get back up to speed. Can really see why the boss is chasing another central midfielder if I'm honest, I actually think it's the most important position on the park.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #313: Aug 03, 2017 09:43:52 pm
      I actually think we are really lacking in the middle and it's overlooked slightly. Take Coutinho and Lallana, as they play slightly further forward, out of those names and add Milner and Hendo and you have a choice of central midfielders who all individually are decent enough, say top 6/7 in prem terms but as a unit it doesn't fill me with confidence.

I'm a huge fan of Henderson but his injuries are too much and he takes a while to get back up to speed. Can really see why the boss is chasing another central midfielder if I'm honest, I actually think it's the most important position on the park.

Agreed.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #314: Aug 03, 2017 10:48:59 pm
      Football Players quite obviously have more than 2 functioning neurones that they're careers don't collapse after a friendly game irrespective of missing a penalty.

Shame about the fan base 🤣
      Friendly...? May only have been four teams playing two games but it was still a Cup game, which the players wanted to win, had your cognitive ability not been impaired you would already know that this is a very real possibility ask Chris Waddle, Garth Southgate, David Batty, Micheal Gary to name but a few, who were never the same after missing Penalties   
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #315: Aug 03, 2017 11:00:37 pm
      Get a grip. 

You really think Woodburn can take Hendersons place in the deepest midfield position?

Talking bollocks mate.

Bro, we are singing from the same hymn sheet...... :f_steam:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #316: Aug 03, 2017 11:21:21 pm
      I wasn't using it as a defence.  They were both poor - their keeper reacted better to Henderson's.  Henderson is terrible at most set-pieces in front of goal and I wouldn't have him as a penno taker in a friendly or even a more high pressure situation!

Having watched a few of our pre-season games, the jury's out on whether he even makes our starting XI but that's a different matter

Couldn't agree more mate.

I think james milner slow down our play he f**k after few minutes when watch game taught Kent was very good when he come on look like something going happened but we had second team out but lads look fit first team and very good

Yeah Kent definitely has a future, he's a whippet and wasn't it a nice change to see a proper dangerous corner swing in from the right. Puts great whip on a cross and has that cocky arrogance I think wingers need. I'd definitely be keeping him in the squad for the season and not loaning him out.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #317: Aug 04, 2017 07:50:18 am
      Friendly...? May only have been four teams playing two games but it was still a Cup game, which the players wanted to win, had your cognitive ability not been impaired you would already know that this is a very real possibility ask Chris Waddle, Garth Southgate, David Batty, Micheal Gary to name but a few, who were never the same after missing Penalties   

Name me one incident of a players career ruined after missing a penalty in a friendly.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #318: Aug 04, 2017 08:37:45 am
      Name me one incident of a players career ruined after missing a penalty in a friendly

Not quite a friendly but Made Gareth Southgate, even got him the Pizza Hut (I think) adverts. :D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #319: Aug 04, 2017 08:40:32 am
      Not quite a friendly but Made Gareth Southgate, even got him the Pizza Hut (I think) adverts. :D

Yep was Pizza Hut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWqmqGsTTBI
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #320: Aug 04, 2017 08:55:25 am

So if anything it's a good thing to put players, young and old in pressure situations  :D

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #321: Aug 04, 2017 09:08:26 am

As well as the England managers job !

Quick Reply