Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

FSG statement on Philippe Coutinho

Read 13428 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6353 
      Re: FSG statement on Philippe Coutinho
      Reply #46: Aug 13, 2017 09:15:48 pm
      They may keep Coutinho, but only so they can make a claim that they are committed to winning. They'll think it will shield them from the backlash of a catastrophic window.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #47: Sep 01, 2017 09:22:51 pm
      Well, in fairness, conspiracy theories aside as to why they stuck to it, they did keep their word.

And the longer things went, think a lot of people would've let them off the hook for breaking it.

I don't give two shits about net spend, but they have some credit in the bank from me for sticking to their word, and not letting a player dictate to the club.
      Selling Coutinho is not in our interests right now if we have real ambition to win things this season.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #48: Sep 01, 2017 09:45:46 pm
      Tin foil hats set aside until January. He's staying, the world is still round and big foot does not work for the CIA.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #49: Sep 01, 2017 09:58:57 pm
      Made us sweat and wait for a statement that must have been sent by carrier pigeon from Boston.
      That said it's very welcome news.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #50: Sep 02, 2017 06:47:59 am
      Well, in fairness, conspiracy theories aside as to why they stuck to it, they did keep their word.

And the longer things went, think a lot of people would've let them off the hook for breaking it.

I don't give two shits about net spend, but they have some credit in the bank from me for sticking to their word, and not letting a player dictate to the club.
      Selling Coutinho is not in our interests right now if we have real ambition to win things this season.

I like a bit of credit where its due. Fair play to them ( owners)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #51: Sep 02, 2017 08:14:41 am
      Tin foil hats set aside until January. He's staying, the world is still round and big foot does not work for the CIA.

And the 200 million war chest is only slightly dented.

As you say, as we were.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4972 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #52: Sep 04, 2017 07:37:05 am
      I'm glad FSG dug their heels in, I'm particularly glad they stood up to the Barca bully boys and yes I'm glad the wee c**t is staying .....for this season at least.....now before I'm called a hypocrite let me say this...i always thought Coutinho was being a tw*t and all the sh*t advice he was being fed was not good for his best Interest  Yes he's a grown man and can make his own choices, however , I think his kunt of a agent was thinking more about ££££££££ rather than Phil's career, not forgetting his greedy brother,

Phill your still a kunt but your our kunt, GET your head down lad work your bawbag off and give us everything you have , you got the WC on the horizon and you don't want to F**k that up now do ya ?

You lost a lot of respect with your shenanigans and the only way to get some of that back is to do what you do best.....So get on it.......as soon as Jürgen let's you of course....around November I reckon ?

YNWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #53: Sep 04, 2017 09:32:57 am
      Made us sweat and wait for a statement that must have been sent by carrier pigeon from Boston.
      That said it's very welcome news.

??? They released statements every day didn't they saying he wasn't for sale, maybe you had the same problem understanding those messages/statements as Barca did ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #54: Sep 04, 2017 09:36:09 am
      And the 200 million war chest is only slightly dented.

As you say, as we were.

yeah they must be breathing a HUGE sigh of relief that bids for VVD and Lemar weren't accepted. As you correctly say though the transfer fund just keeps growing and growing which can only be a good thing, as it means we CAN compete with the big boys, see by flipping it you get a glass half full rather than empty. :-)
      Kopite78
      Reply #55: Sep 04, 2017 09:53:01 am
      yeah they must be breathing a HUGE sigh of relief that bids for VVD and Lemar weren't accepted. As you correctly say though the transfer fund just keeps growing and growing which can only be a good thing, as it means we CAN compete with the big boys, see by flipping it you get a glass half full rather than empty. :-)

I can see the argument some take the the offers were there which means we can compete

I can't say I'm on board with that, not in a sense of simply looking to bash the owners but simply I can't use it as a basis of evidence to say that we can/are competing with the big boys and doing everything we can... because for me to use that as a base of evidence then we needed to have gotten them or some over the line.

It's still all if buts and  maybes

You can still call in with it being bluster as none of these massive offers have been successful so using it as evidence to say we can is still fanciful
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #56: Sep 04, 2017 10:06:06 am
      I can see the argument some take the the offers were there which means we can compete

I can't say I'm on board with that, not in a sense of simply looking to bash the owners but simply I can't use it as a basis of evidence to say that we can/are competing with the big boys and doing everything we can... because for me to use that as a base of evidence then we needed to have gotten them or some over the line.

It's still all if buts and  maybes

You can still call in with it being bluster as none of these massive offers have been successful so using it as evidence to say we can is still fanciful

Utd and City got their targets, and usually always do, that's what pisses me off, we've always got an excuse why we didn't.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #57: Sep 04, 2017 10:28:47 am
      Utd and City got their targets, and usually always do, that's what pisses me off, we've always got an excuse why we didn't.

Did they?

Griezmann, Sanchez, etc
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #58: Sep 04, 2017 10:33:30 am
      yeah they must be breathing a HUGE sigh of relief that bids for VVD a

Just to be clear, we did not make a single bid for VvD this summer.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #59: Sep 04, 2017 12:59:05 pm

I could name the players they did get mate, that would say more than the players the didn't get.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #60: Sep 04, 2017 02:22:37 pm

Did They?? I thought Utd wanted Giezman or Morata, Lukaku was 3rd choice.
      Plus didn't Citeh want Sanchez, what happened there?

Every club misses out on targets, with the exception of VVD we got everyone we wanted this window.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #61: Sep 04, 2017 02:24:08 pm
      I could name the players they did get mate, that would say more than the players the didn't get.

Actually out of interest who did they get, I've forgotten apart from Lukaku and Matic.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #62: Sep 04, 2017 02:51:12 pm
      So is the rule on thread topics that posts need to stay on topic, unless the off-topic subject is to moan about FSG and transfers, then it's OK?

I saw a lot of posts all summer about how FSG would be selling Phil Coutinho because they are just in it for the money. And yet, somehow,despite an aggressive bidder and the player being a total jerk re his methods of wanting away, he's still here.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #63: Sep 04, 2017 02:55:32 pm
      So is the rule on thread topics that posts need to stay on topic, unless the off-topic subject is to moan about FSG and transfers, then it's OK?

I saw a lot of posts all summer about how FSG would be selling Phil Coutinho because they are just in it for the money. And yet, somehow,despite an aggressive bidder and the player being a total jerk re his methods of wanting away, he's still here.

Ah but it doesn't excuse FSG, they are still bas**rds and apparently we are a selling club, hence why Can wants to leave! ;-)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #64: Sep 04, 2017 02:59:34 pm
      Ah but it doesn't excuse FSG, they are still bas**rds and apparently we are a selling club, hence why Can wants to leave! ;-)

wouldn't we, have SOLD Can n that case?
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,480 posts | 231 
      Reply #65: Sep 04, 2017 03:05:06 pm
      Actually out of interest who did they get, I've forgotten apart from Lukaku and Matic.

They also missed out on AOC, Bonnuci, and potentially VVD.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #66: Sep 04, 2017 03:07:10 pm
      wouldn't we, have SOLD Can n that case?

I was being sarcastic my friend, I don't think we are a selling club at all and whilst the owners have made plenty of mistakes up to now, I think they have really turned a corner and are backing the manager and his vision in a good way. The F**k up with not strengthening our CB is not the fault of the owners in any way.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #67: Sep 04, 2017 03:16:08 pm

Obviously mate but everyone lose some battles.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #68: Sep 04, 2017 03:26:13 pm
      Ok, all these months and years I have nothing good to say about the owner but this time I have to give FSG the credit  for standing firm on Cou. Feck off Barca, don't think we are mugs, you got a cool 190 mil for neymar and expects to get Cou on the cheap at 90 mil and pocket that 100 mil. Were they born yesterday? This will teach them a lesson never to play hardball with LFC until the last minute, you'll leave with no player to replace neymar now. Hope to see them struggle in La Liga this season. Karma at work at the moment.

Their transfer committee will most probably get fried for the mess, trying to play it too smart and too cute. ;D.

Quick Reply