Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Potential Replacements for Coutinho

Read 9167 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Potential Replacements for Coutinho
      Reply #69: Aug 14, 2017 08:25:49 pm
      What about Tom Ince? I've wanted him back at LFC every since he left. Played a blinder at the weekend.

Suso!!! I think he would be great in the #10 role for us. I actually think he has very similar attributes/traits to Isco and Coutinho. I wonder if we have a buy back clause.
      birchesheadred
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #70: Aug 14, 2017 10:10:52 pm
      Barkley?
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #71: Aug 14, 2017 10:41:40 pm
      how about Dani Pacheco he must be a helluva player by now!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #72: Aug 14, 2017 10:55:05 pm
      Suso!!! I think he would be great in the #10 role for us. I actually think he has very similar attributes/traits to Isco and Coutinho. I wonder if we have a buy back clause.

I liked Suso. Probably one of the most natural possession players I've seen play at Liverpool in the last decade or so.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #73: Aug 14, 2017 10:58:07 pm
      It would be Isco for me all day.

We'd have a better chance of signing Kate Middleton's left tit... On loan.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #74: Aug 14, 2017 11:26:18 pm
      It would be Isco for me all day.

Just signed a new contract with a 637M release clause...expect PSG to announce that signing soon

I liked Suso. Probably one of the most natural possession players I've seen play at Liverpool in the last decade or so.

Thought he showed some promising signs but was never given a proper chance by Rodgers. Considering he was around the time of all this younger player policy or whatever crap, aside from Sterling at the time, he was probably our biggest prospect and a darn sight better option than some of the crap playing.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #75: Aug 14, 2017 11:44:45 pm
      Talks of Insigne or/and(hopefully:) Seri from Nice if Coutinho goes..I'd take them both on top of VVD but at this point my expectations are non-existent.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #76: Aug 15, 2017 01:16:53 am
      Bet he'll F**k off and we get no one in to replace him.

F***ing miserable cu*ts.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #77: Aug 18, 2017 05:29:49 pm

Players get a huge salary for 'loyalty' with a 'long' contract. If Coutinho, or any other player for that mind,  wants to move jobs, they should pay a penalty, a huge one.

I genuinely think it would be more effective to outlaw agents receiving any kind of bonus for getting their client a transfer.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #78: Aug 26, 2017 12:31:26 am
      http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/liverpool-have-verbal-agreement-to-sign-kovacic-if-coutinho-leaves/ar-AAqDRAL

KOVACIC

Liverpool have a ‘verbal agreement’ with Real Madrid for a deal to sign Matteo Kovacic should Philippe Coutinho leave Anfield this summer, according to the Express, who cite Diario Gol.

Kovacic joined Madrid in the summer of 2015 from Inter Milan for £31 million but despite him being a great player, he hasn’t managed to nail down a starting place at Los Blancos with Toni Kroos, Luka Modric, Isco, James Rodriguez and Casemiro all ahead of him in the pecking order.

With Barcelona not slowing down in their pursuit of Liverpool’s Coutinho, despite bids higher than £100 million being rejected, the Reds could be planning their replacement already and Kovacic could be their man.

In his career which has spanned through Dinamo Zagreb, Inter Milan and Real Madrid, Kovacic has made 236 appearances in all competitions, scoring 18 goals and getting 27 assists.

Liverpool fans will be hoping that they do not need to exercise the verbal agreement by keeping hold of their star man Coutinho, despite the clear interest from Barcelona.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #79: Aug 26, 2017 12:32:58 am
      http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/liverpool-have-verbal-agreement-to-sign-kovacic-if-coutinho-leaves/ar-AAqDRAL

KOVACIC

Liverpool have a ‘verbal agreement’ with Real Madrid for a deal to sign Matteo Kovacic should Philippe Coutinho leave Anfield this summer, according to the Express, who cite Diario Gol.

Kovacic joined Madrid in the summer of 2015 from Inter Milan for £31 million but despite him being a great player, he hasn’t managed to nail down a starting place at Los Blancos with Toni Kroos, Luka Modric, Isco, James Rodriguez and Casemiro all ahead of him in the pecking order.

With Barcelona not slowing down in their pursuit of Liverpool’s Coutinho, despite bids higher than £100 million being rejected, the Reds could be planning their replacement already and Kovacic could be their man.

In his career which has spanned through Dinamo Zagreb, Inter Milan and Real Madrid, Kovacic has made 236 appearances in all competitions, scoring 18 goals and getting 27 assists.

Liverpool fans will be hoping that they do not need to exercise the verbal agreement by keeping hold of their star man Coutinho, despite the clear interest from Barcelona.

The sources are laughable
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #80: Aug 26, 2017 03:28:55 pm
      Anyone  who wants to wear the shirt
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #81: Aug 27, 2017 02:14:54 pm
      Thomas Lemar would be the ideal replacement for Coutinho. Maximilian Meyer, Nadiem Amiri and Leon Goretzka are great alternatives too.

Mertens would be fantastic but Napoli won't sell him.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #82: Aug 28, 2017 05:31:43 am

Suso ?

I regretted him leaving  ... really did .

The lad was class.  One of our fledgling academy stars .

Suso concluded the 2016-17 season for AC Milan scoring 7 goals along with 9 assists finishing as Milan's highest assist maker.

2017-18
      Suso's consistent form led to the 23 year-old gaining his debut call up to the Spain side with Coach Lopetegui stating “He’s done very well with Milan and deserves this call-up".

His international career ...

Suso has represented Spain at U-17, U-18, U-19, U-20 and U-21 level.

In 2012, Suso started every game during the U-19 European Championships, where he won his first international honour.
      He was also captain of the Spain under-20 side that competed in the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup.

At the beginning of the 2017-18 Serie A season Suso's consistent form with Milan led to the 23 year-old gaining his debut call up to the Spain side with Coach Lopetegui stating

“If he’s been called it’s because he is talented and he deserves this call-up. He’s a good dribbler and has qualities which suit our style of play."

« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2017 05:45:00 am by MIRO »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #83: Aug 28, 2017 10:08:56 am
      Linked with Thomas Lamar this morning who would be an ideal replacement for Cou.

Not at the same level yet obviously but looks a top player.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #84: Aug 28, 2017 11:22:14 am
      It's interesting that we have bid for Thomas Lemar. Not the player but the position. Does Klopp want to replace Coutinho the winger or Coutinho the attacking midfielder. I'd say the winger looking at this bid and maybe Klopp wanted Coutinho to play as a winger all along and that's why thier supposed bust up happened. As Coutinho sees himself as a No10 not a winger, but then why would he want to go to Barca to replace Neymar.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #85: Aug 28, 2017 01:14:16 pm
      Was looking at Lemar YT clips, and I stumbled across this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdZCJQGRD4c

Some very nice vision, dribbling and passing for an 18 year old.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #86: Aug 28, 2017 01:21:22 pm

We were in for him a year or two ago and he picked Madrid I believe. Had he come here, he might be playing by now but since he went for the "glory".....well.....
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #87: Aug 28, 2017 01:27:09 pm
      We were in for him a year or two ago and he picked Madrid I believe. Had he come here, he might be playing by now but since he went for the "glory".....well.....

What is it, 80k a week with his dad working as a coach for Real?

Anyway, gonna keep an eye out for him and try to catch some full matches of him playing, looks to have huge potential!
      John_Roe
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #88: Aug 30, 2017 07:13:42 pm
      Thomas Lemar would be the ideal replacement for Coutinho. Maximilian Meyer, Nadiem Amiri and Leon Goretzka are great alternatives too.

Mertens would be fantastic but Napoli won't sell him.

Among your mentioned names, i think only nadiem amiri that's still possible to get if we consider how close it is to deadlines.
      But, since they are on the same team, Kerim Demirbay would be a better signing than amiri.. But if kova news is true, then we gotta choose him over anyone possible.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #89: Aug 30, 2017 07:24:57 pm

Would Madrid sell though?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #90: Aug 30, 2017 07:50:55 pm

fu**ed off playing for money. Mercenary

Quick Reply