Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Where Do We Stand With FSG If There Are No More Signings?

Read 17785 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: Where Do We Stand With FSG If There Are No More Signings?
      Reply #115: Aug 25, 2017 09:36:11 pm
      FSG are experts at making managers Scapegoats. sh*t doesn't stick to them with some of our fans, it's Kenny's Brendan's Jurgens fault that we didn't land our targets!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #116: Aug 25, 2017 09:38:50 pm
      Well players taking up a different position in the team compared to last season is deemed as a new signing, as is a player returning from injury so could well be a few more yet.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #117: Aug 25, 2017 09:42:20 pm
      Well players taking up a different position in the team compared to last season is deemed as a new signing, as is a player returning from injury so could well be a few more yet.

So that's the key...just move players around and voila! new signings!!!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #118: Aug 25, 2017 09:49:13 pm
      Could rant about what is wrong with FSG all Day, but will only say two things... The proof is in the pudding, and FSG has been serving up the same pudding for 7 + years now
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #119: Aug 25, 2017 09:51:37 pm
      So that's the key...just move players around and voila! new signings!!!

Exactly. Klopp seems happy enough with it so hell, why not.

Record breaking summer for us for sure...
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #120: Aug 25, 2017 10:20:11 pm
      Could rant about what is wrong with FSG all Day, but will only say two things... The proof is in the pudding, and FSG has been serving up the same pudding for 7 + years now

Yep big piles of bum truffle every single year.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #121: Aug 25, 2017 10:23:51 pm
      Interesting to see the way opinion has shifted even over the course of a month.

Glad to see so many people opening their eyes to the truth, we'll never consistently compete while this lot own the club.

The reality is Klopp will need to spin plates and perform miracles in order to raise our level because he'll not be given the resources needed to set our standards higher.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #122: Aug 25, 2017 10:31:08 pm
      Would be weird if we signed nobody else and this would be considered a poor window... But at the same time we look at the signings we have made that look to me to be nothing short of excellent... I think we need more, however I can't help but think the signings we have made will be overlooked slightly.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,197 posts | 1205 
      Reply #123: Aug 25, 2017 10:38:56 pm
      Riots, carpetbaggers on the run.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1648 
      • YNWA
      Reply #124: Aug 25, 2017 10:48:27 pm
      We're a few injuries away from being in trouble. Look at the bench. But there is money there to spend.
      You're not telling me that VVD and Naby are the only two players in the world who can improve our squad.
      If it was BR with this squad, a budget to spend, and not spending it, there'd be carnage.
      Jürgen was brought in to be strong and not accept tripe signings, but not signing anyone is not good either.
      Of course you don't want to sign guys just for the sake of it ... but, refer back to line 2 above ^
      We've done nothing in past winter windows?!?! So this is f**king it for another semester kids!!
      We NEED more signings. If we don't get them, when hit hit injuries, who is going to come in and keep us ticking along in all competitions. Origi, Ings, Grujic, Klavan, Karius etc?!
      Loads of time, only August 25th  :f_wah: Who would've thought back in mid May we'd have done so f**king little business by now..
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #125: Aug 25, 2017 11:13:11 pm
      Plan B is the same as Plan A. Identify a range of players who can improve us and move through the list in an attempt to sign one. That's how it works at every other club. For us, Plan A is a list of one player in each position and we can never sign anyone else. Or are you seriously suggesting there isn't another Center Back out there that we could get who would improve on Lovren, let alone Klavan. Or Mignolet? Or a box-to-box midfielder who might not be as good as Kieta but would still give us a creativity and energy in midfield we currently lack? Or an out-and-out Striker who is better than Origi and less injured than Sturridge? This is the 'transfer comittee's' job and Edwards is the guy in charge of that process so the buck clearly stops with him.

I can't disagree with you but but I think that Klopp likes throw the big cash at players he is 100% sure about.  I think we have successfully dealt with Southampton in the past and probably thought we could do it again for the umpteenth time.  Is there a defender which is better than Lovren?  In our eyes maybe there is loads.  Klopp may not be willing to give the nod at the price for them plan B's.  Like most I think we really need another CB we are quite desperate.  Unless Sakho can kiss and make up which is more unlikely than signing VVD. 

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #126: Aug 25, 2017 11:54:46 pm
      As usual, it's all cloak and dagger on the transfer front.

I wonder why that would be...
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #127: Aug 26, 2017 12:45:43 am

I remember years ago, Brian Clough in charge of Notts Forest, he was all hush hush about a signing they had made, got everyone wondering who it was, everybody was excited, until the announcement.....

Robert Rosario.

Pretty much expecting similar here with us, whoever we sign now, will simply be a gesture signing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #128: Aug 26, 2017 02:24:04 am

Too much cloak, not enough dagger Beer......
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #129: Aug 26, 2017 02:42:20 am
      We're a few injuries away from being in trouble. Look at the bench. But there is money there to spend.
      You're not telling me that VVD and Naby are the only two players in the world who can improve our squad.
      If it was BR with this squad, a budget to spend, and not spending it, there'd be carnage.
      Jürgen was brought in to be strong and not accept tripe signings, but not signing anyone is not good either.
      Of course you don't want to sign guys just for the sake of it ... but, refer back to line 2 above ^
      We've done nothing in past winter windows?!?! So this is f**king it for another semester kids!!
      We NEED more signings. If we don't get them, when hit hit injuries, who is going to come in and keep us ticking along in all competitions. Origi, Ings, Grujic, Klavan, Karius etc?!
      Loads of time, only August 25th  :f_wah: Who would've thought back in mid May we'd have done so f**king little business by now..

Totally agree, especially about there being carnage if this was TPM.

I'd like to believe and back Klopp where FSG are concerned because quite frankly their record here in seven years speaks for itself.

To a certain extent Klopp has been complicit with this. You only have to read some of his, at times delirious remarks about this squad and it certainly doesn't look like he's laying down the gauntlet to the bean counters above him.

I'm starting to believe they're all as bad as each other.

At least with Rafa he'd ark up.

Rodgers would play politics with TC signings.

With Klopp - nothing, contentment with the whole situation. Worrying.

Same end result for LFC.  :(
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #130: Aug 26, 2017 02:58:33 am
      Totally agree, especially about there being carnage if this was TPM.

I'd like to believe and back Klopp where FSG are concerned because quite frankly their record here in seven years speaks for itself.

To a certain extent Klopp has been complicit with this. You only have to read some of his, at times delirious remarks about this squad and it certainly doesn't look like he's laying down the gauntlet to the bean counters above him.

I'm starting to believe they're all as bad as each other.

At least with Rafa he'd ark up.

Rodgers would play politics with TC signings.

With Klopp - nothing, contentment with the whole situation. Worrying.

Same end result for LFC.  :(

The thing with Klopp is, he has proved he can work with players, so a benefit of the doubt has to be given, but also, like he said last season when we started well then lost to Burnley, people said "yep, typical Liverpool". He didn't get it, however much he admitted it later how he got what people were saying.

When Klopp took over, he wanted to restore the belief in the club. Well the reason so many of us are fecked off are because of this transfer window, the losing to lower clubs, the other clubs nicking our best players.

Who knows, this could be a season where Klopp comes into his own and shows his philosophy really is that good, or it could be another one of those where us supporters are screwed over once again, and we lose everything, our best players and our manager, its a fine line.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,519 posts | 713 
      Reply #131: Aug 26, 2017 06:03:36 am
      Honestly, what do our very well paid, FULL TIME scouts and transfer committee actually do on a daily basis?
      Redangel

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #132: Aug 26, 2017 07:34:42 am
      Honestly, what do our very well paid, FULL TIME scouts and transfer committee actually do on a daily basis?

Based on this and previous transfer windows, not a lot.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4978 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #133: Aug 26, 2017 09:29:32 am
      I'm reserving judgement until the window closes....but needless to say I'll be using a certain word most on here will be very familiar with....here's a wee clue....

It starts with K and ends with S....and it's not Kisses ?

YNWA
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #134: Aug 26, 2017 09:45:59 am
      I'm reserving judgement until the window closes....but needless to say I'll be using a certain word most on here will be very familiar with....here's a wee clue....

It starts with K and ends with S....and it's not Kisses ?

YNWA

Kecks? I'll be changing your k to a c and using C U N T S
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #135: Aug 26, 2017 10:09:04 am

Based on this and previous transfer windows, not a lot.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Sitting on their BIG, FAT A_SES & do nothing FGS   :(

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4978 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #136: Aug 26, 2017 11:28:51 am
      Kecks? I'll be changing your k to a c and using C U N T S

Your not too far off the mark mate 😁
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #137: Aug 26, 2017 11:54:37 am
      Very few people actually stand with FSG and their ridiculous transfer record, with every season the discontent and opposition to our owners increases.

Quick Reply