Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Where Do We Stand With FSG If There Are No More Signings?

Read 17650 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8458 
      Re: Where Do We Stand With FSG If There Are No More Signings?
      Reply #207: Aug 30, 2017 08:18:41 pm

I see your Kendrick Lamar and raise you a Mark Lamarr!

I will take Kendrick Lamar and see your Mark Lamarr and raise you a Hedley Lamarr!!

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #208: Aug 30, 2017 08:25:35 pm
      I will take Kendrick Lamar and see your Mark Lamarr and raise you a Hedley Lamarr!!

Good shout "Blazzing Saddles" a classic.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #209: Aug 30, 2017 08:43:06 pm

Well that's unbeatable.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #210: Aug 31, 2017 02:03:52 am
      I remember years ago, Brian Clough in charge of Notts Forest, he was all hush hush about a signing they had made, got everyone wondering who it was, everybody was excited, until the announcement.....

Robert Rosario.

Pretty much expecting similar here with us, whoever we sign now, will simply be a gesture signing.

Hate quoting myself here but would Alex Oxlade Chamberlain be that gesture signing?

Yes we have signed Keita, for next season, we still have this one to get through.

Its hard to get excited about our window, in one hand, we have signed some pretty good players, but in the other, we could very well lose Coutinho, but thats ok, as we have Keita, then Madrid put in a bid for Mane and the same sh*t goes again.

wonder who next seasons gesture will be? Ross Barkley?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #211: Aug 31, 2017 02:40:55 am
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #212: Aug 31, 2017 05:49:43 am
      We still need Van dijk make this a good window, Lamar and VD will make it an excellent window.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #213: Aug 31, 2017 12:59:55 pm
      We have Huffed and Puffed win this transfer window, been linked with many a player, and if we do not sign another player then no matter what anyone tells me it has; Imo been a disappointing transfer window.... Now some here will claim that we have made a top class signing in Keita, one of Liverpool top target signings, but he will not come to us until next season, so can hardly be classed as this seasons signing... A poor window indeed... In a season where we have made the CL, we have not strengthen our squad in any meaningful way... One young striker in, and possibly one out on loan... Salah in Sakho possible out, gained in attack lost out in defense.... you can make an argument that we have only strengthened in the left back position...Midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.... Can only see him add a little more dept and not much else to the squad

We should have had this all wrapped up weeks before... Coutinho gone, and the money spent on a replacement and other targets...We had no secondary targets thus we are under strength for the premier League and under strength for the CL...I see our season going much the way as last season, largely disappointing...

This is life under FSG...

I live in hope of seeing Lemar and VVD before 11pm
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #214: Aug 31, 2017 06:51:25 pm
      Trump an FSG fan? 😁

LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #215: Sep 01, 2017 08:37:03 am
      Pretty underwhelmed at the end of this window. We've signed one nailed on starter, one semi regular left back, a youth prospect up front and a younger utility man to take Milners place.

Not counting Keita, yeah nice to tie him up already but really he's our first signing next summer.

Funny how the ones who would have cost the most slipped through the net again.

Personally I think the whole Lemar sh*t was just a nice PR exercise to keep us distracted up to the end of the transfer window.

We are one or two injuries away to the back line to being in a pretty F***ing dire situation.

But hey "at least we tried" or in VVD's case did F**k all haha.

At least we kept hold of some money for next summer... He wears the number 10 shirt.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #216: Sep 01, 2017 11:53:17 am
      Out of interest whats the mood like on other forums or twitter, anything being aimed LFC's way via Henry etc?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #217: Sep 01, 2017 12:59:31 pm
      Out of interest whats the mood like on other forums or twitter, anything being aimed LFC's way via Henry etc?

Don't go to the LFC sub on Reddit. They absolutely LOVE FSG on there. If you say anything negative about them, you will get jumped on. The excuses for our transfer failures reach far and wide on there.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #218: Sep 01, 2017 06:05:53 pm
      Several signing have been made since this thread was made and it changed nothing for most people.

Opinions are rooted in an issue with authority in general for a lot of people I think. I'd be willing to bet the more aggressive 'F**k FSG those cheap skates' also have an issue with their boss at work or teachers at school etc.

Might be wrong... but I bet there is a slight correlation
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #219: Sep 01, 2017 06:31:46 pm
      Several signing have been made since this thread was made and it changed nothing for most people.

Opinions are rooted in an issue with authority in general for a lot of people I think. I'd be willing to bet the more aggressive 'f**k FSG those cheap skates' also have an issue with their boss at work or teachers at school etc.

Might be wrong... but I bet there is a slight correlation

Really? Playing Freud eh? :D

I disagree with that assertion although it may have some validity in certain cases.

For me it was a case of, I had a certain idea in my head of what successful looked like...we didn't reach it so to me there's no need to sugarcoat it. I'll still support the team and hope like hell there's a golden sky at the end of the storm.

I have a great relationship with my boss by the way, she only yells at me when I leave my socks on the floor ;D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #220: Sep 01, 2017 07:35:52 pm
      Really? Playing Freud eh? :D

I disagree with that assertion although it may have some validity in certain cases.

For me it was a case of, I had a certain idea in my head of what successful looked like...we didn't reach it so to me there's no need to sugarcoat it. I'll still support the team and hope like hell there's a golden sky at the end of the storm.

I have a great relationship with my boss by the way, she only yells at me when I leave my socks on the floor ;D

:D Aye, just a thought, not sure how much there is too it.

It wouldn't apply to people like you though, you can at least rationalise and explain.

It's more to towards the people who post long 'F**k FSG' type posts that drone on with no real reasoning.

Quick Reply