Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Pre Match Liverpool vs Arsenal Sunday 27th August 16:00 Kick off

Read 8671 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Re: Pre Match Liverpool vs Arsenal Sunday 27th August 16:00 Kick off
      Reply #23: Aug 26, 2017 12:11:57 pm
      I'm going for a 3:2 win, because I think Wenger will stick with 3 at the back, but will go for 5 across the middle to try and stifle our service to the front 3. Arse...3 1 5 1 with any one of the five to support the forward depending on the position of play.
      Will be tough for us to get plenty of possession in the middle, but still think we'll edge it. Just need to be a bit more clinical in front of goal. Also, a bit more concentration and belief at the back.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24: Aug 26, 2017 02:48:14 pm
      3-1 win.

Mignolet

TAA
      Matip
      Gomez
      Robbo

Can
      Hendo
      Gini

Salah
      Firmino
      Mané

That's what i'd go with. But whatever we go with, we'll smack 'em. Firmino's movement and the pace of our wide lads will tear their back 3 apart.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #25: Aug 26, 2017 04:13:13 pm
      I know people keep selecting Mignolet but he burnt my head out a long time ago and with only twelve appearences at the club, I want to see Karius given a run out and not bombed out the side if he makes a couple of mistakes. Mignolet has made a career of them and still gets picked, so it's only fair to persist with Karius through them. If he blows the chance, so be it, at least we know we need a new keeper.

I'm also wary of Arsenal's attack and very concious of our defensive fraility, or more precisely our habbit of blind, chaotic panic whenever our fullbacks are up the field and Henderson is slow dropping in leaving Lovren and Matip exposed. With that in mind I'd like a more solid defence.

3-4-3

Karius

Klavan  Matip   Lovren

Alexander-Arnold   Henderson   Can   Robertson

Mane  Firmino   Salah

Using Robertson and TAA as wing-backs rather than fullbacks mitigates their weakness in defending whilst promotes their strengths in attack. We're dropping someone out of midfield whose performances have frankly left a lot to be desired so far this season, whilst retaining our devestating attack by way of our regular front three. In my opinion this would shore us up at the back without sacrificing attack.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,277 posts | 762 
      Reply #26: Aug 26, 2017 08:38:16 pm
      Going for a 3  2 win for the Reds, good going forward, but woeful at the back !
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #27: Aug 26, 2017 11:23:55 pm
      1-0 .

Simples.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Reply #28: Aug 27, 2017 12:14:02 am
      I wish we would do a 4-2-3-1

Solanke

Salah                      Berto                Mane

Hendo                          Can

Andy Rob             Klavan            Matip              TAA   

Migs

« Last Edit: Aug 27, 2017 02:06:43 am by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #29: Aug 27, 2017 01:10:04 am
      I wish we would do a 4-2-3-1

Solanke

Salah                      Berto                Mane

Hendo                          Can

Andy Rob             Klavan            Matip              TAA           

Aye, I'd sooner go with no Keeper than Mignolet too ;)
      paulow63
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts | 85 
      Reply #30: Aug 27, 2017 01:11:30 am
      I know people keep selecting Mignolet but he burnt my head out a long time ago and with only twelve appearences at the club, I want to see Karius given a run out and not bombed out the side if he makes a couple of mistakes. Mignolet has made a career of them and still gets picked, so it's only fair to persist with Karius through them. If he blows the chance, so be it, at least we know we need a new keeper.

I'm also wary of Arsenal's attack and very concious of our defensive fraility, or more precisely our habbit of blind, chaotic panic whenever our fullbacks are up the field and Henderson is slow dropping in leaving Lovren and Matip exposed. With that in mind I'd like a more solid defence.

3-4-3

Karius

Klavan  Matip   Lovren

Alexander-Arnold   Henderson   Can   Robertson

Mane  Firmino   Salah

Using Robertson and TAA as wing-backs rather than fullbacks mitigates their weakness in defending whilst promotes their strengths in attack. We're dropping someone out of midfield whose performances have frankly left a lot to be desired so far this season, whilst retaining our devestating attack by way of our regular front three. In my opinion this would shore us up at the back without sacrificing attack.
      I think the conundrum for Jürgen is that for every mistake Migs makes he also balances it up with a worldy save
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Reply #31: Aug 27, 2017 02:11:00 am
      Aye, I'd sooner go with no Keeper than Mignolet too ;)

Maybe my favorite post I have read to date.  :lmao:
      Touché sir, touché!!!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #32: Aug 27, 2017 03:48:25 am
      Was watching the video of that 4-4 draw years ago: https://www.facebook.com/footballhighlightsssss/videos/147559472461276/?hc_ref=ARQ_DdxJni7to_srJEeBmY7oUPDlGzdRiD-sbZ3tE1CBjQy-7NBPTdH_NP0M8ms0W58

We played some very good attacking football, missed loads of chances, but sh*t defending cost us badly.

Some pretty bad mistakes by Aurelio and Arbeloa. I liked Arbeloa but he was decent at best. Must be one of the players people overrate the most in this forum, perceptions changed surprisingly for the better as years passed by. There was little commotion when we actually sold him for not much money at all.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #33: Aug 27, 2017 07:07:17 am
      There was little commotion when we actually sold him for not much money at all.

Don't think that's true, mate.

There were many on here who were upset. Firstly for letting his contract run down to the final year and secondly for the price we received for someone who was one of the standout right backs in Europe for the past couple of seasons.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #34: Aug 27, 2017 07:36:38 am
      Was watching the video of that 4-4 draw years ago: https://www.facebook.com/footballhighlightsssss/videos/147559472461276/?hc_ref=ARQ_DdxJni7to_srJEeBmY7oUPDlGzdRiD-sbZ3tE1CBjQy-7NBPTdH_NP0M8ms0W58

We played some very good attacking football, missed loads of chances, but sh*t defending cost us badly.

Some pretty bad mistakes by Aurelio and Arbeloa. I liked Arbeloa but he was decent at best. Must be one of the players people overrate the most in this forum, perceptions changed surprisingly for the better as years passed by. There was little commotion when we actually sold him for not much money at all.

Watching that makes you realise how good Torres was. Strength, power, precision, fitness, heading, both feet.... F***ing loved him
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #35: Aug 27, 2017 08:00:09 am
      Less than 8 hours to go now.

Lets do it.

:aaliverpool2xt1: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #36: Aug 27, 2017 09:26:44 am
      This will be total bollocks if Sanchez plays today, City will probably get him for 70m next week and we'll face him again.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #37: Aug 27, 2017 09:55:40 am

Well some of the Migs haters (general transfer thread) are going to be happy, he's not even in the match day squad today. Not ill or injured apparently, begs the question why drop him now and completely out of the squad, seems very strange.

the only good thing he has got going for him is that he is a good shot stopper 50% of the time.

This made me laugh, cheers.

Timing of the change is the odd one on this, there's more to this one than meets the eye it would seem. With regards hate, I think it's a very strong word and was brought up not to use it unless appropriate so I wouldn't say I hate him, but I do believe he's cost us more points than any other player over the last few years and I'd always welcome him being dropped for someone better, it's time for Karius to prove that he is.

I'd go with:

Karius
          TAA  Matip  Klavan Moreno
                   Henderson
             Wijnaldum   Can
        Salah    Firmino  Mane

I must admit every time I write that midfield down I don't feel comfortable with it and our lack of choices (Lallana injury and Coutinho cuntishness accepted) is irritating.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #38: Aug 27, 2017 10:04:30 am
      Well some of the Migs haters (general transfer thread) are going to be happy, he's not even in the match day squad today. Not ill or injured apparently, begs the question why drop him now and completely out of the squad, seems very strange

Rumours he's having some personal problems and Klopp being the kinder hearted fella he is has instructed him to take time out.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #39: Aug 27, 2017 10:13:03 am
      Well some of the Migs haters (general transfer thread) are going to be happy, he's not even in the match day squad today. Not ill or injured apparently, begs the question why drop him now and completely out of the squad, seems very strange.

This made me laugh, cheers.

Timing of the change is the odd one on this, there's more to this one than meets the eye it would seem. With regards hate, I think it's a very strong word and was brought up not to use it unless appropriate so I wouldn't say I hate him, but I do believe he's cost us more points than any other player over the last few years and I'd always welcome him being dropped for someone better, it's time for Karius to prove that he is.

I'd go with:

Karius
          TAA  Matip  Klavan Moreno
                   Henderson
             Wijnaldum   Can
        Salah    Firmino  Mane

I must admit every time I write that midfield down I don't feel comfortable with it and our lack of choices (Lallana injury and Coutinho cuntishness accepted) is irritating.

I'll guess why he's not in the squad, if true that is.

I think klopp knows these will get in behind and knows Mignolet will be rooted to his line just watching Lacazette or Sanchez (if he plays) bearing down on him to pick his spot.

So opting for Karius (if chosen) we have someone who will be alert and quick off his line potentially cutting out through balls before they reach their target.

Personally don't see the point in changing your keeper for one game though. Whoever comes in needs to be given an extended run to see if they can actually step up.

Even if they make a few mistakes which they may well do in their first few matches... They need to be given a fair chance, God knows how many Mignolet has had.

I think it's only fair that Karius or Ward is afforded the same opportunity.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #40: Aug 27, 2017 10:13:51 am
      Rumours he's having some personal problems and Klopp being the kinder hearted fella he is has instructed him to take time out.

Oh well that totally destroyed my theory  :lmao:
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #41: Aug 27, 2017 10:26:07 am

Yep bad mistakes. Aurelio tut tut, Reina could have done better though.

Torres was a beast.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #42: Aug 27, 2017 10:30:03 am

Fair enough, would make the most sense something like that.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #43: Aug 27, 2017 10:34:39 am
      Oh well that totally destroyed my theory  :lmao:

Just rumours mate, makes sense though he's not injured so if being rested he'd be on the bench, another rumour is he's off to Napoli to replace Reina :D
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #44: Aug 27, 2017 10:49:30 am
      Karius in goal.

Let's hope his goal kicks don't go out for corners again.  :D

Last time I saw him in a competitive game between the sticks he gave me and my Valium the wobbles.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Reply #45: Aug 27, 2017 11:04:03 am
      Arsenal will control the ball and will put us on the back foot (right where we want to be). Their attack gives Mane and Salah the space they need to get goals. We win 3-2

Quick Reply